Target Clearance Thread XVI

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4371 replies to this topic

#1771 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 06:58 PM

anybody know what determines whether a product is put on clearance or not?

like is it a inventory deal or a timing deal?

I think a number of factors really jump in on this...

Inventory, the time it's been on the sales floor, and the quality of sales it's doing; ie: poor sales = clearance shelf you go!

Because the size of the cases are usually somewhat small, they try to keep it filled with the hot new releases since they are what garner the majority of sales. Those, and the A-listers (ex. Call of Duty games, Halo, etc.). They clearance out the games that aren't A-listers (X-Blades, Ninja Blade) like that to make room for these new releases. Therefore, we get clearance goodness! Ya dig?
MLIFTgM.gif

#1772 normies

normies

Posted 22 February 2010 - 07:00 PM

Planet 51 (PS3) dropped to $12.48 in SE Michigan.

Hi,

Did it have a new sticker on it or did you have to scan it?

Thanks.

#1773 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 07:03 PM

Hey. There you are. Regarding the Grand Theft Auto game, and you squinting at the picture trying to make out the DPCI. This is the second time you've ignored the fact that the OP has the DPCI you're looking for listed.

Are you in silent protest of the thread? 8-)

no no, i was trying to make it out to see if it was an incorrect DCPI on the sticker. Because I thought it was a tagging mistake for him to find it at 9.98 already.

#1774 Trix

Trix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 07:05 PM

Hi,

Did it have a new sticker on it or did you have to scan it?

Thanks.

I have seen it today with the sticker on it. The crappy part is that this was really the one game that worth mentioning at my local Target. That and crappy DS learning games.

#1775 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 07:05 PM

My bad, confoosious.
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#1776 bigballer101

bigballer101

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 07:06 PM

the Club for Xbox 360 for $4.97 at a Torrington, CT target
su madre es una puta y amo coger su cualquier noche Posted Image

#1777 yedgee

yedgee

Posted 22 February 2010 - 07:08 PM

I have seen it today with the sticker on it. The crappy part is that this was really the one game that worth mentioning at my local Target. That and crappy DS learning games.

The clearance sticker said $24.98 (same price it's been for 2-3 months now) but I scanned it as I do every Monday....and to my surprise it rang up $12.48.
Just in time for my kids birthday.
Word.

#1778 zeronotyethero

zeronotyethero

A Muthaf***ing Bunny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 07:09 PM

Nice, thanks for the number ... I noticed there is exactly one of each (HP & Acer netbooks) that come up on the Target website as available in store, and all the local stores have them in stock ... so I can't imagine those two are the ones on clearance. If you get a chance to double check the DPCI numbers on those clearance units or even just the particular models, that would be awesome to find out, since I know Target employees can check all available stock in the area.

That's how I found my wii fit that I was able to flip for a decent profit ... I'd love to take that $$ and pick up a nice netbook at a discount.

Btw, these are the two models that show up as sold in stores, from what I can tell -

http://www.target.co...c_qi_detaillink

http://www.target.co...:netbook&page=1

Dammit, they took down the old display netbooks and put up newer models. Must have hit 75% sometime last week and been salvaged just recently.

BTW I just picked up an epson workforce 500 (all in one printer) for $29.98. DCPI # 080-03-0005. It was originally $59.xx, so 50% off.

#1779 Danxx777

Danxx777

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 07:15 PM

Dammit, they took down the old display netbooks and put up newer models. Must have hit 75% sometime last week and been salvaged just recently.

BTW I just picked up an epson workforce 500 (all in one printer) for $29.98. DCPI # 080-03-0005. It was originally $59.xx, so 50% off.

Yea I saw like 4 netbooks in the backroom and was like O.O but quickly realized we just got new models but last time I checked the older ones were holding at 138.xx and 168.xx or close to that.

#1780 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 22 February 2010 - 07:36 PM

Thats what I was thinking when I seen it, I did a double take and then snatched that shit up.

Posted Image

Targets clearance prices vary from store to store.

Excellent find, I'll have to keep an eye open at my stores. Locally this is in the glass case at virtually every location and very mysteriously priced at something like 30.90. I checked by dcpi at a couple stores today and no movement.

Oh yeah, did see Ghostbusters :pc: at 13.98 today. Outside of that all quiet on the (mid)western front today.

#1781 normies

normies

Posted 22 February 2010 - 07:38 PM

The clearance sticker said $24.98 (same price it's been for 2-3 months now) but I scanned it as I do every Monday....and to my surprise it rang up $12.48.
Just in time for my kids birthday.

damn! The past 4 weeks it's been in an end cap but today it was in the case. I've scanned it every week except today. I'll go back after work.

yeah...my kids birthday is coming up soon too...yeah, that's the ticket. :) I do play with my gf's daughter but she gets mad because I have to get all the trophies.

Thanks.

#1782 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 07:39 PM

Dammit. That's what I forgot to look for today. My folks just got a new laptop, and need a printer to go with it. I should try to stop by after work.

#1783 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 07:42 PM

Thats what I was thinking when I seen it, I did a double take and then snatched that shit up.

Posted Image

Awesome find!! I hope I can find one around here.

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Earth Defense Force 2025, South Park: The Stick of Truth
:3ds: Rhythm Thief, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:psp: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, DJ Max Technika Tune, Rayman Origins

#1784 yedgee

yedgee

Posted 22 February 2010 - 07:45 PM

damn! The past 4 weeks it's been in an end cap but today it was in the case. I've scanned it every week except today. I'll go back after work.

yeah...my kids birthday is coming up soon too...yeah, that's the ticket. :) I do play with my gf's daughter but she gets mad because I have to get all the trophies.

Thanks.

LOL. It's all about the trophies. I have my son (turning 4) at the point when the trophy pops he gives me a high 5.
Word.

#1785 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 07:54 PM

How are the ink prices on Epson's? I have a Canon that I want to get rid off since ink prices are ridonkulous.

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#1786 josh62488

josh62488

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:10 PM

Yea I saw like 4 netbooks in the backroom and was like O.O but quickly realized we just got new models but last time I checked the older ones were holding at 138.xx and 168.xx or close to that.

if a product is listed as in the stock room when I input the DPCI what happens to it? there are no copies of it out on shelves, employee told me it's only in the stockroom.

will the product just remain there and eventually be shipped off to manufacturer or will it eventually make it's way out on the clearance shelves?

anyone know target policy...I email customer service but they were no help...very disappointing target lol

#1787 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:58 PM

Ack! Just made a target run and someone snagged up both Bass Pro Fishing bundles. So whoever was asking about it, I can't get you a copy as I didn't even get one for myself.

josh - why would target customer service detail to you their internal policies on unsold items??!? ...???

#1788 KansasFF

KansasFF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:03 PM

I got Lego Indy for $4.98 for PS3, Advance Wars: Days of Ruin (DS) for $7.98, Hotel Dusk: Room 215 (DS) for $4.98, and Naruto (DS) for $7.98. All in Branson, MO. There were 2 or more of each DS game and 1 Lego Indy left.

I already have Lego Indy for 360 so if anybody wants to
trade for it PM me.

Hey KansasFF. I was in Kansas City last Thur/Fri and scanned that Tony Hawk Ride when it was 1/2 off. It was the only Target in that area that it was clearanced at. I'm glad a fellow CAG got it instead of some hoarder.

Hehe yah... I figured at 30 bucks it was worth a shot. I played it for ~2 hours this weekend with some friends and I actually enjoyed it for how horrible I had heard it was.

#1789 zeronotyethero

zeronotyethero

A Muthaf***ing Bunny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:55 PM

How are the ink prices on Epson's? I have a Canon that I want to get rid off since ink prices are ridonkulous.

Well I have only had one epson printer so far and the black 69 ink (required in most epson printers) cost around $15-$20 for a single cartridge. Then there is the colored cartridges (magenta, cyan, yellow) that is in a 3 pack and it costs around $25-$30 for those. So all in all it would cost around $50 for a complete cartridge setup.

That's why I just picked up the printer itself for $30, is because it's cheaper just to buy a new printer instead of replacing the ink cartridges.

#1790 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:01 PM

I've seen that printer around. I've never checked the prices on printers before. Do those things hit 75% ever?

#1791 AXV1

AXV1

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:11 PM

Original Frisbee Disc Sports: Ultimate & Golf (DS) - $2.48

Ha ha ha

Now Playing:

:ps3: Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix // Grand Theft Auto V

:ps4: Killzone Shadow Fall

#1792 josh62488

josh62488

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:17 PM

went on a gamble called my target had lego batman on clearance for 13.78 , not really what i'd like to pay but since the game is so hard to find (seriously this game has become rare...no other targethad it in my area, what the hell) I decided to bite.

went to the store got it and they was a knife mark down the back. Got the manger to take 10% off but such a bummer. 13 bucks stacked nicely with the $5 free GC survey promo for a total of $8.70 for lego batman.

I also saw my target had ROCKBAND 2 bundles for $139 if anyone was looking.
I think I saw band hero for $119 or something

#1793 Game_Dude_3

Game_Dude_3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:17 PM

No luck on $9.98 RE5? I bought Midnight club 2 weeks ago for $14.98 and haven't opened it yet. I'm waiting to see if RE5 drops and I would return MC2.

#1794 pulsar0510

pulsar0510

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:27 PM

My Stop Smoking Coach ds: $7.48
Fingers are crossed it helps....

#1795 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:38 PM

RE5 and Fight Night 4 STILL havent dropped T.T. 3 weeks at the 19.99 price tag, none of the other stuff dropped either.

#1796 eugaet

eugaet

1d20 to save vs CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:41 PM

No luck on $9.98 RE5?

Yep, it's down to $9.98 at the two locations I checked.

Tradelist: LINK :: Strategy Guide Tradelist: LINK :: XBLA Code Tradelist: LINK

#1797 IFlyRC80

IFlyRC80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 11:40 PM

Springfield, MO has Scribblenauts, Halo Wars, and MUA2 game guides for $4.98.

They also had 15+ copies of RE5 on and end cap and in the case for 360 for $9.98. The ones in the case were marked $19.98 but the end cap ones were correct. Fight Night 4 is still $19.98. Nothing else 75% off.

#1798 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2010 - 12:29 AM

I went on a hunt (calling hunt, and yes most of these stores don't even have GTA as a clearance price, so the "Don't call people" shaq-fu it if you're going to say something) but after eight calls I was done. Not even one store with a clearance price, let alone 9.98. Ah, well..
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#1799 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 23 February 2010 - 12:44 AM

My Stop Smoking Coach ds: $7.48
Fingers are crossed it helps....

Honestly, what made me wanna quit was when I tallied up how much I was spending on a per pack basis multiplied per year and figuring out that I could've had a couple new cars during the years I was a smoker from all of the cash that went up in smoke.

Of course, I also tried a disgusting trick someone told me. I used a paper/plastic cup as an ashtray for a week, filled with enough water to only put out the cigarette butts. Then at the end of that week, I took a deep whiff of the brown gunk that was in that damn cup.

The putrid/nasty smell put me off smoking for good in a heartbeat.

Good luck in your battle. As long as you have someone to support you when you're feeling weak and wanna light up 'just one more', you can make it through.

Just don't be surprised when your body tries purging the built up goop that's amassed in yer lungs from smoking. It gets kinda nasty at times.:cry:

I went on a hunt (calling hunt, and yes most of these stores don't even have GTA as a clearance price, so the "Don't call people" shaq-fu it if you're going to say something) but after eight calls I was done. Not even one store with a clearance price, let alone 9.98. Ah, well..

If all else fails, you could just wait till the PS3 version(coming out March 30th) goes on clearance.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#1800 EDiTOR9

EDiTOR9

Posted 23 February 2010 - 12:48 AM

Nothing dropped at the location by work. However three more copies of MW2 HE appeared, so lol at whoever's been hiding them. I also stumbled across four nerf n strikes for $20.98 in the kid's toys clearance section.