Best Rock Song of the Decade

dbrev42

CAGiversary!
I know there is already a song of the decade thread, but this thread is only for rock songs. My personal song of the decade is P.O.D. - Youth of the Nation . What is yours?

[quote name='JJSP']Wow.[/QUOTE]

i bet some one out their agrees with my pick...everything about that song sends chills through my entire body when i hear it

arcade fire - neighborhood #1[quote name='dbrev42']i bet some one out their agrees with my pick...everything about that song sends chills through my entire body when i hear it[/QUOTE]I thought the only band to do that was Cake.

[quote name='rabbitt']Hey, is this a joke topic?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='depascal22']Audioslave - Like a Stone[/QUOTE]

Guess that should answer your question.

[quote name='PR Mega X']Guess that should answer your question.[/QUOTE]

Sorry it's not obscure, hardcore, or emo enough for you. I'm 30 and I don't need to bleed for my music anymore.

Lady Gaga - Bad Romance.

Just listen to it in full one time.

ack1.jpg

I hate Nickelback, but I seriously do think "How You Remind Me" is the best rock song of the decade.

That, or, Fuel's "Hemorrhage (In My Hands)"

And "Beverly Hills" is Weezer's worst single, how could it be the best song of the decade?

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Lady Gaga - Bad Romance.

Just listen to it in full one time.

ack1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

No.

[quote name='dbrev42']No.[/QUOTE]

Please click the spoiler.

On a more serious note, a song holding my rank as favorite doesn't happen with me. I hear some from the 60s to yesterday, I might like it but I won't consider the best song for 10 years.

I know I haven't bought a CD for personal consumption this decade.

I don't pirate music and I think I received Franz Ferdinand CD for Christmas 4 years ago.

Maybe that shows what I think about music.

[quote name='depascal22']Sorry it's not obscure, hardcore, or emo enough for you. I'm 30 and I don't need to bleed for my music anymore.[/QUOTE]

Uh, okay -- that was kind of a spastic response. I'm 27 and have never 'bled for music' -- I just don't like Audioslave. It was joke, guy. Take a pill.

Wow I watched Quantum of Solace for the first time. Alicia Keys & Jack White do the theme song for it. Why is Jack White still allowed to make songs? His voice is absolutely nauseating and ruins what might have been an ok Bond song.

Green Day - Holiday

For me, it's a toss up between...

Gnarls Barkley - Crazy
The White Stripes - Fell in Love With a Girl

The first because it's not as derivative sounding as many so called "rock" songs I've heard this decade, it's accessible yet soulful... it's almost haunting how the song speaks to me.
The latter because it there's a very high energy that just sounds so raw and organic. Love the chorus, and it's short and to the point. Love that song. :D

[quote name='IRHari']Wow I watched Quantum of Solace for the first time. Alicia Keys & Jack White do the theme song for it. Why is Jack White still allowed to make songs? His voice is absolutely nauseating and ruins what might have been an ok Bond song.

Green Day - Holiday[/QUOTE]

You rip on Jack White and then you pick a Green Day song as Rock Song of the Decade?

This is where I quit reading this thread....

[quote name='IRHari']Wow I watched Quantum of Solace for the first time. Alicia Keys & Jack White do the theme song for it. Why is Jack White still allowed to make songs? His voice is absolutely nauseating and ruins what might have been an ok Bond song.

Green Day - Holiday[/QUOTE]
dis jack white and praise Green Day all in one post.

[quote name='DestroVega']
That, or, Fuel's "Hemorrhage (In My Hands)"[/QUOTE]

wasnt this out in 1998-99 or something?

Dead Leaves on the Dirty Ground
The Air Near my Fingers
Girl, You Have No Faith in Medicine
Little Acorns
Ball and Biscuit

Take your pick...

[quote name='Arakias']wasnt this out in 1998-99 or something?[/QUOTE]

Ah Fuel, .. haven't heard them in a while. My favorite song by them is "Quarter" .

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Porcupine Tree- The Incident (even though the album lists it as 14 songs, it's actually one long song with 14 parts).[/QUOTE]
Drawing the Line and Time Flies are awesome. Still, Deadwing (album) was the king of PT for this decade for me.

EDIT: actually screw that. I love Lightbulb Sun more than any other PT album and Where We Would Be is quite possibly their best song ever.

I can't think of a song but If I had to pick a band it would be Queens Of the Stone Age or Mastodon. Music should evolve over time not devolve. It seems like the most successful rock bands at the moment are trying to mix some sort of new-age sound with stripped down glam rock. That, or they change style from album to album in an attempt to keep up with whatever's "hot" at the moment. I can't tell the difference between 3 days grace or disturbed or the 10 other popular, similiar-sounding bands that have mashed into whatever people call "hard rock" now. I also find it distressing to listen to all these new albums from dead bands like ac/dc, gnr, pearl jam, alice in chains ect... reason being that they're either too old to deliver or to stumped to make something that doesn't sound half-assed/watered-down.

z207891587.jpg

Sorry if you havent heard of it.....it's more in the avant-garde genre, but with elements of rock 'n roll harking back to the call of pioneers Linkin Park.

fucking masterpiece

bread's done
Back