Spectrobes Origins

A Christmas Carol
Sudoku Ball Detective

those ds games have to be misprints .. they are only 20 now
WOOOO I STINK

#92 Estebon

Estebon

Posted 31 December 2009 - 10:54 PM

I just tried my local Best Buy here in Columbus,Oh without luck. The manager wouldn't give me Transformers for free. I called customer service and they transferred me twice and then disconnected me. I explained to them that I received Fairytale fights for free last week and they didn't have an answer for why I couldn't receive Transformers for free this week. I really want a free copy so I can trade them in at gamestop for free $20. Should I keep trying or give up? Maybe I should wait till New Years is over. Happy New Year!

If it works, it works. Why in the world you would call customer service? The FtF shouldn't have been valid anyway because of the sale price. Let it go and be happy with what you got.

#93 LiquidCrew

LiquidCrew

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2009 - 11:04 PM

If it works, it works. Why in the world you would call customer service? The FtF shouldn't have been valid anyway because of the sale price. Let it go and be happy with what you got.

I guess your right, my beef was that they gave me a free game last week, even though it was sale priced. No manager involved. I understand their position, but what's the point of having a coupon if you can't use it. O well, just thought I would share my situation.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#94 LordSMVS

LordSMVS

I-I-[SMVS]-I-I

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2009 - 11:11 PM

I guess your right, my beef was that they gave me a free game last week, even though it was sale priced. No manager involved. I understand their position, but what's the point of having a coupon if you can't use it. O well, just thought I would share my situation.

That's cause they messed up and allowed the coupon to stack with a sale price. Now they have their act together. For how long? We shall see.

#95 dyeknom

dyeknom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2009 - 11:34 PM

Save $20 on these titles --- Valid 1/18/10-1/31/10

Lego Rock Band
Ghostbusters The Videogame
Hasbro Family Game Night

Spectrobes Origins

A Christmas Carol
Sudoku Ball Detective

those ds games have to be misprints .. they are only 20 now

Christmas Carol is currently 29.99 online, but you are correct about Sudoku Ball Detective.

#96 xrayzwei

xrayzwei

is ready to believe you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2009 - 11:38 PM

"Save Now on Xbox 360 Live Accessories" (Requires a Coupon listed in BB Gaming Insider)
Buy 1-Save $5 Buy 2-Save $15 Buy 3-Save $30

Wireless Headset>>>>>$59.99
Wireless Controller>>>>>$49.99
Wireless N Networking Adapter>>>>>$99.99
Quick Charge Kit>>>>>$29.99
Play & Charge Kit>>>>>$19.99

I haven't seen this ad yet. Are these the only accessories that are part of the sale? Or were they the only ones pictured? Discounts on point cards would be awesome.

#97 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2010 - 12:01 AM

I just tried my local Best Buy here in Columbus,Oh without luck. The manager wouldn't give me Transformers for free. I called customer service and they transferred me twice and then disconnected me. I explained to them that I received Fairytale fights for free last week and they didn't have an answer for why I couldn't receive Transformers for free this week. I really want a free copy so I can trade them in at gamestop for free $20. Should I keep trying or give up? Maybe I should wait till New Years is over. Happy New Year!

Haha, there's like six things I find objectionable in this story.

#98 donut

donut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2010 - 12:18 AM

Your situation? what an idiot...
Thanks so much for calling, why didn't all the other members do this???

#99 Afflicted

Afflicted

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2010 - 12:21 AM

Sorry, you were late to the party. FTF worked for free for a couple hours that Sunday when it was not initially marked as a sale price in the BB system, so people could walk in and grab them for free (with the $20-off coupon).

I think this stopped sometime on Sunday afternoon once BB fixed their system to reflect FTF $19.99 as a sale price, so that the coupon cannot be used automatically from that point on without a manual over-ride.

actually when I picked it up... I'm pretty sure it was marked as a sale price... think they fixed the coupons.

#100 Perfect*Ending

Perfect*Ending

Cute Kelly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2010 - 12:29 AM

Sodoku Ball, TMNT Smash Up, Riddick, Family Game Night :)
Posted Image
Best in the World!

New Acronyms:
MSRP = Many Stupid Ridiculous Prices
SAD = Shitty Ass Deal

If you have a PS3, but are not gamesharing, you're doing it wrong.
Get a $60 game on day one for as low as $10?! :hot:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=339425

#101 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2010 - 12:30 AM

TMNT and Riddick - Keep Riddick, Trade in TMNT. It's listed as 19.99, that's the sale price. so is it 20 off 30?

#102 Raid3n

Raid3n

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2010 - 02:16 AM

While that would be awesome, any lower-priced tag would need to be adjusted at the register, and the coupon will only work with a non-sale price.

Even then this wasn't a non sale price. There are no tags for it on the shelf anymore, instead they are all in the bins. This might be one of the rare instances managers take hold of something to try and sell it.

#103 maximus101

maximus101

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2010 - 02:46 AM

Don't take this the wrong way but are you an idiot? What incentive does Best Buy have to give you a free game? The coupon clearly states that it does not work on sale prices and you are clearly resting your case on a glitch that worked for all of 4 hours and was corrected the same day.

#104 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2010 - 02:52 AM

Here's who you need to complain about the "issue" with your "free" copy of Transformers:

Best Buy Corporate Office

Phone #: 612 291 1000

7601 Penn Avenue S.
Richfield, MN 55423
USA

#105 lawdood

lawdood

Digital Jedi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2010 - 03:07 AM

I really wish the mods could ban people for stupidity.

th_w03j81.gif  

#106 DaMonStEr

DaMonStEr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2010 - 03:28 AM

Yeah, BB non-sale for TMNT Smash up is $29.99 so with the $20 it's $10.00. Perfect flip to GS for this week. Looks like it's time to take my $70 Bestbuy Reward Zone Gift cards and make them into $140 Gamestop credit.

With the $20 off promo you can have the $20 credit just put onto your edge card?

#107 Estebon

Estebon

Posted 01 January 2010 - 03:35 AM

Basically. Thats the only good flip from BB right now. It gives you double your cash in tax free GS credit, and you earn BB Reward Zone points and possible a $10 GC for BB depending on how many you do.

Hey Shrike, when you got your Premier membership canceled, what exactly did they accuse you of abusing? I don't want to get my account canceled and I just found out about this incident with you recently. If you can provide a link to the post or something that will be helpful so you don't have to post the whole thing again.

#108 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 01 January 2010 - 03:47 AM

the first rule of shrike being banned is you don't talk about shrike being banned!

#109 the_legend_of_drtre

the_legend_of_drtre

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2010 - 04:41 AM

NPC Pikmin for $5? That's too good to pass up.

In for 1.

:bouncy:

#110 AC2k8

AC2k8

Posted 01 January 2010 - 04:48 AM

Today, I saw correction notices about the Reward Zone promos couldn't be combined with the sale prices on the $10 games that are in the ad. It was posted at the entrance and also in the video game section at Best Buy. It looks like they are cracking down on "free" games.

#111 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2010 - 05:16 AM

Hey Shrike, when you got your Premier membership canceled, what exactly did they accuse you of abusing? I don't want to get my account canceled and I just found out about this incident with you recently. If you can provide a link to the post or something that will be helpful so you don't have to post the whole thing again.

Exceeding the purchase amounts for the promotion. It was the Blitz II / Quantum of Solace discount promotion from back in January for RZ Silver members, which were limit 3, like all of the past and current coupons. Sold them to CAGs for cost + tax + shipping, so I didn't flip them to GS / Amazon / GC / BBV / wherever, like other CAGs did with other titles.

#112 newlu

newlu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2010 - 05:28 AM

Posted Image

#113 speedy05

speedy05

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2010 - 05:42 AM

Chronicles of Riddick: Assult on Dark Athena for sure

#114 kingryan18

kingryan18

Posted 01 January 2010 - 05:55 AM

Riddick & fairytale fights
Posted Image

#115 kudu91

kudu91

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2010 - 05:53 AM

Quick Q, If I sign up for the RZ gamer's club before the 4th, will I get these coupons for use?

#116 Estebon

Estebon

Posted 01 January 2010 - 06:18 AM

Exceeding the purchase amounts for the promotion. It was the Blitz II / Quantum of Solace discount promotion from back in January for RZ Silver members, which were limit 3, like all of the past and current coupons. Sold them to CAGs for cost + tax + shipping, so I didn't flip them to GS / Amazon / GC / BBV / wherever, like other CAGs did with other titles.

So they banned you because you got more than 3? Lots of times I get the more than 3 deal and thats on titles I use myself, for gifts and such. Thats lame. Makes me wonder if I need to keep doing what i'm doing or just stop at 3 from now on.

#117 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2010 - 06:57 AM

So they banned you because you got more than 3? Lots of times I get the more than 3 deal and thats on titles I use myself, for gifts and such. Thats lame. Makes me wonder if I need to keep doing what i'm doing or just stop at 3 from now on.

Yes, that's what happened.

I think I picked up 26 total copies between the two games, across both platforms. One went myself, the rest to CAGs.

They said it was red-flagged in their computer due to the quantities, well in excess of 3 copies for the promotion. Not per title per platform, 3 total.

Spent multiple weeks across multiple levels of BB dealing with it.

#118 Estebon

Estebon

Posted 01 January 2010 - 07:12 AM

Sucks that you got it taken away. I buy multiple copies of lots of games so I hope they won't pull the same shit on me. Anyway, sorry to hear about that.

#119 bringerofdeath

bringerofdeath

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2010 - 08:29 AM

Good gawd please tell me youre joking right? :pray:
Posted Image

#120 xXJonoXx

xXJonoXx

Resident Che(vil)ap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2010 - 08:52 AM

I'm pretty sure I just got screwed by BB RZ. I was $20.40 away from Premium Silver membership for 2009, and as soon as 2010 hit it reset to 0 even though I have about $200 in purchases pending from late November and December. Anyone had this happen?

Posted Image Posted Image

My 2011 Game of the Year - Batman: Arkham City
My Most Underrated Game of 2011 - Driver: San Francisco