Bayonetta on Best Buy Shelves YMMV

Jobberwock

CAGiversary!
Just got back from the Best Buy in Aurora/Naperville, IL and they already have Bayonetta out on the shelf for both 360 and PS3. On the BB site, it still lists it as a preorder, as does gamestop and amazon etc, so I guess this can be exciting for anyone psyched to get this game.

It was most likely an inventory/shelving error where they weren't supposed to put it out until next week, but it worked out for me. Anyway, hope this helps some of you other CAGs. ENJOY!

Not sure how this is a deal. I mean I appreciate you letting us know but this isnt a sale or a deal, its just a game on the shelf a week early.

I checked my BB store shelves today. No Bayonetta :( Ended up with the last copy of GH:Smash Hits though, so not a total loss, AND I got back 8 bucks from the pricing adjustment with True Blood last week :D

Not really a deal but thanks for the heads up. I would've been happy if you were to post a 50% discount coupon for this game, hahaa.

If I saw the PS3 version on the shelf I would take a shit on it. Seriously, its fucking embarrassing that shoddy ports like this are still coming out.

[quote name='IRHari']If I saw the PS3 version on the shelf I would take a shit on it. Seriously, its fucking embarrassing that shoddy ports like this are still coming out.[/QUOTE]

wait, I thought it was given the most attention on the PS3? that's what Kotaku and IGN always made it seem like..so the X360 is the superior version?

edit, and eff it OP, just b/c this isn't a deal and it's been posted before, its good looking out for people who want to get the game day one.

Thanks I am 10 minutes from this Best Buy and will check it out today...thank you for the post and I am sorry some people have to be negative with sharing information that is helpful...

[quote name='Jobberwock']Just got back from the Best Buy in Aurora/Naperville, IL and they already have Bayonetta out on the shelf for both 360 and PS3. On the BB site, it still lists it as a preorder, as does gamestop and amazon etc, so I guess this can be exciting for anyone psyched to get this game.

It was most likely an inventory/shelving error where they weren't supposed to put it out until next week, but it worked out for me. Anyway, hope this helps some of you other CAGs. ENJOY![/QUOTE]

Would this be the 1830 Towne Centre Drive,North Aurora, IL 60542 Best Buy? ...I'd love to play the game early, but I don't think I'm up for driving that far to play a game a few days early. I'd love to find an early copy in the O'Hare area.

[quote name='token2k6']wait, I thought it was given the most attention on the PS3? that's what Kotaku and IGN always made it seem like..so the X360 is the superior version?

edit, and eff it OP, just b/c this isn't a deal and it's been posted before, its good looking out for people who want to get the game day one.[/QUOTE]360 was the lead platform for Bayonetta, not the PS3. PS3 is a port.

And a not great one, from the reviews I've seen.

ahh, thanks everyone for the input, I may have to check this out (credit burning a hole in my pocket)...but with Dante's Inferno and GoW III about to hit, I feel this may be one hack-n-slash too many for now!

Dante's Inferno is more of a hack and slash than Bayonetta. I dunno, I felt the DI demo was slow and boring. The upgrade system is pretty cool but combat is so slow and boring for me. GoW 3 demo was amazing and so was Bayonetta.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Yessss, I can pay MSRP a week early![/QUOTE]

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Played the demo and not for me. Don't forget that the 360 version is WAY BETTER than the PS3 version.

"Buyers beware, however: the 360 version is vastly superior to the PS3 version on a technical level, so PS3 owners fortunate enough to own a 360 should absolutely avoid the PS3 copy."

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/105/1056885p2.html
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/105/1057012p1.html

Thanks for posting, Jobberwock (people here can be grumbly PITAs). I may hit a BB today to see if I can pick it up.

[quote name='IRHari']If I saw the PS3 version on the shelf I would take a shit on it. Seriously, its fucking embarrassing that shoddy ports like this are still coming out.[/QUOTE]
at least they ported it for the ps3 only users

[quote name='jamesbrown']at least they ported it for the ps3 only users[/QUOTE]

And that will make them wish they had a 360 (that's my Microsoft conspiracy theory... haha!)

I'd paypal someone my daughter for a hot Eastern Massachusetts tip on where to get this four days early.

Why Sega street dated this until after Christmas and when most people have time off is a warcrime.

[quote name='oasisboy']And that will make them wish they had a 360 (that's my Microsoft conspiracy theory... haha!)[/QUOTE]
provide its doesnt RROD on them:lol:, dont forget we total over charge for our 120gb hard drives for those who bought one in the first year.

anyways, i been playing my ps3 imported copy (i though the days of LAZY programming unwilling to learn the SPU's were over)

from ign.

"Unfortunately, the PS3 port of Bayonetta is a very disappointing piece of software. I love Bayonetta -- just look at my review of the 360 version for proof. But Bayonetta on the PS3 is a whole different beast.

The PS3 version has a lot of problems, primary among them being the excessive slowdown and loading. During certain scenes of high action, Bayonetta can slow down dramatically, enough to affect the gameplay experience. I can usually tolerate that sort of issue to an extent, but the loading problems are simply unacceptable."

regardless, i'm still getting it!

I just picked this up in Lynchburg, VA. It was on the shelf last week but I wasn't going to pay full price. I ended up receiving an extra copy of NSMB as a gift last night that I went ahead and took in to exchange today.

Yeah I thought the game was actually released because it was on mine about a week or so ago. Good reviews so far I'll probably pick it up in a few months.

Got mine on the 23rd at a Best Buy here in St. Louis. They either sold out or were pulled because they weren't there when I was at the store the other day. Anyway, anybody see Darksiders for sale early anywhere?

I got mine nine days early from the bestbuy in Manchester NH when they opened up, 10 min later when I went back in they were pulled off the shelf.

[quote name='Kaiser499']I got mine nine days early from the bestbuy in Manchester NH when they opened up, 10 min later when I went back in they were pulled off the shelf.[/QUOTE]

I am surprised that when the game is scanned at the cashier a message like "Check Street Date" does not come up. That has happened to me before at Target and Best Buy when they put something out for sale before street date.

[quote name='oasisboy']I am surprised that when the game is scanned at the cashier a message like "Check Street Date" does not come up. That has happened to me before at Target and Best Buy when they put something out for sale before street date.[/QUOTE]

Nope, that message didn't come up when they scanned it.

[quote name='chunlirocks']Sega's swan song is out early
It is true. Buy it or I WILL KILL YOU.

Thanks
Good day.[/QUOTE]

Of course... once it goes on clearance.

And it will, just like MadWorld.

Anybody who has played it, is it better than Devil May Cry? If so I would definitely get this game. I love DMC but was a bit disappointed in DMC 4.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Of course... once it goes on clearance.

And it will, just like MadWorld.[/QUOTE]

Thankfully everyone doesn't think like this or all we'd have to play is crap like Wii Sports and Madden. I am more than happy to give the developer my $60 for a quality game like this. I'll be paying full price for Darksiders too. Saving money is nice but if there's a game I really want, I'm not going to wait for a sale.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']Anybody who has played it, is it better than Devil May Cry? If so I would definitely get this game. I love DMC but was a bit disappointed in DMC 4.[/QUOTE]

If you like any of the DMC games, you will like Bayonetta.

Anyone able to find it in the Southern Brubs of Chicago. Don't want to drive to Napervillie but hopping to also get it on Saturday when I try and pick up Tekken 6.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']Anybody who has played it, is it better than Devil May Cry? If so I would definitely get this game. I love DMC but was a bit disappointed in DMC 4.[/QUOTE]

It feels like a highly modified and improved version of DMC3. It'd take a while to describe everything that's awesome about this game, but imagine DMC3 with everything improved and intensified...everything.

I hear it's not as hard as DMC3 on the harder difficulties though. Besides that and a couple of tricky QTEs, Bayonetta's the action game I've been waiting for after DMC4 and NG2/S2 all kinda fell flat.

[quote name='oasisboy']I am surprised that when the game is scanned at the cashier a message like "Check Street Date" does not come up. That has happened to me before at Target and Best Buy when they put something out for sale before street date.[/QUOTE]

I did a bit of merchandising at Toys R Us and things with a street date always had it plastered directly on the shipping boxes in giant red letters that said "do not sell before this date." I accidentally put out some new version of Monopoly once that had a street date, but I caught it and the computer didn't. They usually don't, either, because that's what the merchandisers are being paid for. The only way it would get out is if they just didn't give a shit.

That said, can't these places get in a lot of trouble for breaking the street date?

[quote name='Killbomb']Thankfully everyone doesn't think like this or all we'd have to play is crap like Wii Sports and Madden. I am more than happy to give the developer my $60 for a quality game like this. I'll be paying full price for Darksiders too. Saving money is nice but if there's a game I really want, I'm not going to wait for a sale.[/QUOTE]
Quite a false dichotomy you're drawing there.

And there aren't that many games that are $60 level quality. Having seen quite a bit of Bayonetta, I would be hesitant to count Bayonetta within that number.

I bought a copy at a BB in Northern UT about a week ago. I recently went back a few days ago and had seen that they were either taken down or had sold out. Most likely the former but this game has been getting a fair amount of attention.

I sure hope all the people here who got it early are scooping up the 360 version and not the PS3 version.

Like I said, I LIKE this game, the demo was incredible. From what I've heard/seen, the PS3 version is a far sight away from the demo with framerate and loading issues.

My plan is this:
If you've only got a PS3 but you still want this game, I suggest boycotting it until:

A) a patch that will address ALL the issues is officially announced for release

B) you can buy it used, so the company doesnt make profit off a shoddy port and an horrendously inferior product.

bread's done
Back