PS2 game
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Not a PS2 game
Posted Image
Posted Image
Spoiler

Sorry it just annoys me when people say that about any game. No next gen title made after 2007 honestly looks anything close to what PS2/Xbox/GC were doing, unless you're specifically looking for some low budget, shovelware, no name title to compare with the absolute best of last gen. Go play your PS2 again, especially on your new HDTV.

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#92 nddave

nddave

Posted 04 January 2010 - 03:59 PM

provide its doesnt RROD on them:lol:, dont forget we total over charge for our 120gb hard drives for those who bought one in the first year.

anyways, i been playing my ps3 imported copy (i though the days of LAZY programming unwilling to learn the SPU's were over)

This dont have anything to do with LAZY programming or unwilling to learn. It has to do with time involved in programming for 5 SPU's. Its really crazy how long it takes to prog. and the end result most of the time IS NOT BETTER. Not only that pretty much every MULTI GAME sells MORE ON 360 so why even spend the time. Most all PS3 multi's are PORTS. The SAD TRUTH.
CAG4LIFE

#93 nddave

nddave

Posted 04 January 2010 - 04:04 PM

Also the word on the street (dev talk) they are letting this go a little early cause of the ps3 issues. Dont want to hurt sales to the ONLY PS3 users. Dont be so gullible to think this is by accident
CAG4LIFE

#94 ninja dog

ninja dog

Shoto Guilt

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2010 - 04:03 PM

I was talking about the God of War collection. The demo is a demo, not a final product. It is what it is as they say.

But this is what I'm talking about. You feel there is a difference between a PS3 exclusive and a multiplatform game in terms of expectations. I'm saying there shouldn't be. Realistically this won't happen but we should expect quality products from companies we're giving money to.

okay, that's even worse. that's an up-port of a PS2 game. the PS3 should dominate it completely...there are few games this gen with a rock solid 60fps like that.

People with the PS3 version still enjoy it immensely from what I've read. It would be an "amazing game with framerate issues" instead of "inferior to the 360" had it been ps3 exclusive. I think the dirty secret here is that the 360 version has framerate issues too. There are levels and fights where it dips. I honestly didn't care...the action is so crazy, it's like a built-in break.

If all you have is a PS3, get over the forum bullshit and enjoy the most insane action game ever. :bouncy:

#95 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2010 - 04:47 PM

lol at "looks like a PS2 game"
PS2 game
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Not a PS2 game
Posted Image
Posted Image

Spoiler

Sorry it just annoys me when people say that about any game. No next gen title made after 2007 honestly looks anything close to what PS2/Xbox/GC were doing, unless you're specifically looking for some low budget, shovelware, no name title to compare with the absolute best of last gen. Go play your PS2 again, especially on your new HDTV.

those pics definetely do the game justice... but the gameplay isn't that good. (According to IGNs review). I wish they would just optimize the game for PS3, even if it means released the 360 version first, then releasing the PS3 version a couple of months later. I'll wait as long as I'm getting a quality product. I'm patient.
Posted Image

#96 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2010 - 07:30 PM

comparing Bayonetta to DMC 3 graphics? lawl

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#97 Sigma

Sigma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2010 - 07:48 PM

I can't believe this thread has become a great debate over which console has the superior version of Bayonetta. We all know that the 360 version is the better of the two, but in reality it isn't all that much better that someone who only owns a PS3 shouldn't purchase a copy.

It's very rare when a developer will optimize a game for the PS3 first and then port it to the 360. The PS3 is simply a harder system to develop for and it takes more time than the 360. When someone does make the PS3 version first and then port to the 360, typically the PS3 version turns out slightly better, look at Burnout Paradise for example. However in the case of Burnout, is the PS3 version really that much better than the 360? The answer, no it isn't.

The 360 will continue to be the system to develop games on first for most developers because of two reasons, it's easier to develop for and the 360 version of any game almost always out sells the PS3 counterpart.
Posted Image Posted Image

#98 krazymed

krazymed

Posted 04 January 2010 - 08:24 PM

Gamestop broke street date, too. I picked it up on Saturday for 360. Got a bunch of posters, too.

#99 TctclMvPhase

TctclMvPhase

Dismal Scientist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2010 - 08:35 PM

Im just hoping all the PS3 negativity plays out in my favor and for once the PS3 version's price ends up dropping faster than that of the 360 version.

I figure Ill just go for AoT or Darksiders in the meantime...

black_swan_movie-640x120.jpg

"I was perfect....

#100 BaboonSqueezer

BaboonSqueezer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2010 - 08:45 PM

Wait until Black Friday 2010, maybe you wil be able to get it on Amazon for $19.99 or $29.99, after all the recent deals, everyone should have enough games to hold out until then :D

#101 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2010 - 09:09 PM

one more day... can't wait to finally play Bayonetta. That and Darksiders should keep me busy until ME2 in 3 weeks :D

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Red Dead, Ghosts :xb1: Watch Dogs

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead S2

#102 rokkon

rokkon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2010 - 10:31 PM

one more day... can't wait to finally play Bayonetta. That and Darksiders should keep me busy until ME2 in 3 weeks :D

I am with you there! That also gives us about a month to enjoy ME2 until FFXIII hits. I'm more excited for these releases than anything late last year...

#103 Sovietmethod

Sovietmethod

For Stalin Grad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2010 - 03:28 AM

If I saw the PS3 version on the shelf I would take a shit on it. Seriously, its fucking embarrassing that shoddy ports like this are still coming out.

im so damn glad im not the only one who thinks so im not getting this game unless i gt it for 20 dollars +50% of coupon

Steam: SSovietmethod

Stream: Twitch.tv/sovietmethod

gallery_474050_8161_81208.jpg"Designed By Lilchiji"

ToxicinZanity.png

Get a Free Xbox One/Cash or Giftcards! - Join the CAGs Referral Conga Line – Super easy and it works!

#104 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2010 - 06:10 AM

ha my wal-mart had it out for sale, was going to buy it and return my gs copy that I get tomorrow since that is $5 off and no tax cuz I paid with Credit...

guy scans it and can't sell till tomorrow. oh well had to try :D then the guy yelled at a someone for putting em out.

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Red Dead, Ghosts :xb1: Watch Dogs

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead S2

#105 testaroo

testaroo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2010 - 07:04 AM

ha my wal-mart had it out for sale, was going to buy it and return my gs copy that I get tomorrow since that is $5 off and no tax cuz I paid with Credit...

guy scans it and can't sell till tomorrow. oh well had to try :D then the guy yelled at a someone for putting em out.

Same thing happened to me at walmart two weeks ago :bomb:

#106 i4ybrid

i4ybrid

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2010 - 08:00 AM

lol at "looks like a PS2 game"
PS2 game

Not a PS2 game

First bayonetta screenshot is from a video, not gameplay. Second screenshot is a render, and I'm certain it's not a render for the PS3. I've been playing two PS2 games on my PS3, and they look very comparable to Bayonetta when I walked up to both of them.

When I google "bayonetta ps3 screenshot", most of the results are 640x360. There is no AA, and the game resolution looks stretched on my screen.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Comparable? Certainly, especially when you take into account the second is a screenshot from a system that can do this:

Spoiler

EDIT: I had to remove the pictures from your post, it was just...too large of a post.

Edited by i4ybrid, 05 January 2010 - 08:13 AM.

#107 Xellos2099

Xellos2099

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2010 - 08:03 AM

2010 start out nice, Bayonetta, Mass Effect 2, Heavy Rain, Final Fantasy xiii, all these in 3 month. 2009 was boring and stale in comparison in videogame world.

#108 IRHari

IRHari

Posted 05 January 2010 - 10:45 PM

Look, I BLASTED Gearbox for the shitty PS3 version of Borderlands. They did what isn't being done with Bayonetta. They kept in contact with the community, they acknowledged the problems, and the fixed the major ones pretty quickly.

I haven't heard an goddamn official statement from anyone from Platinum or Sega talking about fixing the problems.
"People the world over have always been more impressed by the power of our example than by the example of our power." -Bill Clinton

#109 paean

paean

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2010 - 10:50 PM

Picked it up today.

#110 aj slick

aj slick

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2010 - 12:16 AM

Picked up mine as well, got it for $35 after flippin 3 crappy BBV games to GS-

#111 testaroo

testaroo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2010 - 12:29 AM

If I saw the PS3 version on the shelf I would take a shit on it. Seriously, its fucking embarrassing that shoddy ports like this are still coming out.

Just got xbox version and playing. Damn it's night and day difference between the xbox version and the ps3 shit version I had to endure for the past 2 months. It feels so weird not seeing Loading when you hit pause button or Loading when you try to save. Sega should burn in hell for all eternity for such shotty ports on such an awesome game.