Pinball Hall of Fame: Williams Collection $9.99 New/$8.99 Used @ Gamestop

• Please log in to reply
697 replies to this topic

#691 lolwut?

lolwut?

Thank you BasedGod

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2010 - 07:12 AM

I ended up getting another copy of the game at Gamestop for my girlfriend (I got mine on Amazon back when the 17.96 price hit), and I was really surprised to find a sealed copy at the first store I called.

I had a list of about 8 or so within driving distances, but the one a couple blocks away had an actual new copy! I wasn't too big of a pinball fan before this game, but after playing this, it's turned me into one.

Other people in this thread have said this, and I will repeat it: if you are even remotely interested in pinball, PICK THIS UP! After playing this, I can't go back to Pinball FX or Zen Pinball; the physics in this game are phenomenal, and it's amazing how accurate the tables are.

#692 Richard Longfellow

Richard Longfellow

Mr. Warmth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2010 - 01:13 PM

The PS2 version is $5 even at TRU.
"I renounce Verdukianism!"

#693 mkelehan

mkelehan

Xbox Live Arcade Fiend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2010 - 03:43 PM

The PS2 version is $5 even at TRU.

The PS3 and 360 versions added Medieval Madness, Arabian Knights, and No Good Gofers. Medieval Madness and Arabian Knights, individually, are worth $20 each, in my mind.

#694 Hibiwa

Hibiwa

Blue Exorcist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2010 - 09:28 PM

I ended up getting another copy of the game at Gamestop for my girlfriend (I got mine on Amazon back when the 17.96 price hit), and I was really surprised to find a sealed copy at the first store I called.

I had a list of about 8 or so within driving distances, but the one a couple blocks away had an actual new copy! I wasn't too big of a pinball fan before this game, but after playing this, it's turned me into one.

Other people in this thread have said this, and I will repeat it: if you are even remotely interested in pinball, PICK THIS UP!
After playing this, I can't go back to Pinball FX or Zen Pinball; the physics in this game are phenomenal, and it's amazing how accurate the tables are.

How sadly true. I bought Zen and the Ninja Gaiden table a day before I found out about the PHOF drop. It feels really off going back to Zen and isn't as enjoyable overall in comparison.

#695 Llamaw00d

Llamaw00d

Don't Panic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2010 - 12:45 AM

OP..........thanks. I have been searching for this around here since this thread started. I finally found a Gamestop that I was going to be near that had it listed as in stock (there were 3 stores that I went to where the online stock indicator was wrong) and they had it so I picked it up.

#696 GoldenSilver

GoldenSilver

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2010 - 12:46 AM

How sadly true. I bought Zen and the Ninja Gaiden table a day before I found out about the PHOF drop. It feels really off going back to Zen and isn't as enjoyable overall in comparison.

Same here, except that I bought the Street Fighter 2 table for Zen pinball. I'm a pretty big street fighter fan, but that table just isn't very interesting when compared to the Williams designs.

#697 p0rn0saur

p0rn0saur

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2010 - 02:40 AM

Same here, except that I bought the Street Fighter 2 table for Zen pinball. I'm a pretty big street fighter fan, but that table just isn't very interesting when compared to the Williams designs.

Earth Defense Force is a pretty good table. Easily the best of Pinball FX, I still go back to it time to time. I'll play time to time when in between cursing the Taxi Wizard goal of getting a special. God damn randomness.

Edit: Maybe that one isn't on PS3, if not too bad it's the best one they made

#698 cancermatt

cancermatt

CAG @ 360Voice.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2010 - 03:13 AM

After just getting my xbox back from RROD #1, I introduced my gf to PHOF:WC and she's totally hooked. So much so, that I cannot wrestle her away from the controller! She's hooked! And she's got me 325 cheevo points in only a few days. Score one more for the good guys! (And CAG for finding it at a great price!)
Posted Image

Please CML: Thanks! :)