Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love $49.99/$39.99 PS2/Wii @ Rosenqueen

mxpowar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Wow, a SRPG for the PS2 in 2010? Anyway, this isn't strictly a deal per se`, but it says there will only be one printing of the extras so if you're interested, you'll have to pre-order. Apparently, it's also coming for the Wii. The extras are an artbook, poster and Japanese voiceover bonus disc.

PS2:
http://rosenqueen.com/product.php?productid=16329&cat=0&page=1

Wii:
http://rosenqueen.com/product.php?productid=16331&cat=0&page=1

A few strange things I noticed:

1.) The PS2 version is $10 more than the Wii version. WTF!?
2.) On the PS2 version it says there are three extras: artbook, poster and disc. On the Wii version, it only has the artbook as the bonus. $10 for just an artbook seems a little high.

EDIT:
Wii (Regular Version):
http://rosenqueen.com/product.php?productid=16331&cat=0&page=1

It seems that Rosenqueen is selling the Wii versions for $10 (premium) and $20 (regular) less than Amazon.

Last edited by a moderator:
did they make a pricing mistake ?

on amazon, (which may not be updated obviously), the pricing is reversed. Wii at $49 with no bonus and PS2 at $39.

$29 listed at rosenqueen for the plain wii version and amazon currently listing it for $49? hmmm... I guess an order going in just to see

It's because both of the RQ versions include a special hardcover art book. This is in addition to the artbook that's already packaged with the game, so the $10 covers a second, much larger artbook. I deleted the e-mail, but they said it was the biggest artbook they'd made thus far.

The PS2 version is also $10 more mainly because of the second disc. The second disc includes Japanese voice overs, whereas the Wii only has English. Amazon has the MSRP listed incorrectly for the Wii version. It's supposed to be $30 for just the normal version.

Edit: Found the e-mail, here's the text:

[quote name='"Sakura Pre-Order"']
No joke! RosenQueen has made a special preorder item for Sakura Wars. You can get an awesome 40-page hardcover artbook, "Unforgettable Memories," with your preorder! This special art book will be available for both Wii and PlayStation 2 versions. The PlayStation 2 premium package of Sakura Wars will already come with a Japanese-voice disc, an art book and a poster as bonus items, but this RosenQueen exclusive hardcover art book is different from the one in the premium box! So if you decide to go with the PlayStation 2 version, you can enjoy two different art books offered by NIS America and RosenQueen!

This RosenQueen exclusive art book is 8" x 10" in size, which is the biggest art book RosenQueen has ever made! With this art book, you can fully enjoy all the character art from Sakura Wars for sure![/QUOTE]

didn't they in an interview also said that they will do something for the wii version giving its lack of japanese voice track?

probably in that issue of Nintendo Power where they had a full feature on Sakura Wars

Huh, I just tried to order the premium PS2 version on Rosenqueen and the cheapest shipping option they have is $11.49!!! So basically I would end up paying ~$20 more for an artbook over what Amazon is charging. I apologize to everyone in this thread for this non-deal. fuck you, Rosenqueen!

Minimum shipping being $7.10 plus $4.37 tax for me are killing this deal.

I've browsed RosenQueen for a while, but have never ordered from them. Do they ship as soon as you pre-order, or once it ships?

I got a $20 gamestop gift card for xmas from my aunt so I used it along with the 10% off $29.99 and up TRYAGAIN code which also includes free ground shipping to preorder the PS2 version. So total was like $38.15 minus $20 for the gift card and the ps2 version is suppose to be the only version with the bonus items including the artbook, poster, and japanese voice disc. I love anime and from my understanding this is a real time rpg which makes it even more exicting for me.

I've always wanted to play a Sakura Wars game. I'm torn, though. My deal senses (or maybe not "deal" but, hey, nice price, senses) tingle at $29.99 for the Wii version, but my nerd senses do NOT want to play it with English voices.

Although I guess if the acting is as good as, say, Persona 3 or 4...

I just prefer Japanese. But more than I prefer Japanese, I prefer being cheap, I guess.

Anyway. Sorry for the ramble. Guess I'll just wait til the game comes out before I order. It's possible it'll stink anyway.

Don't suppose anyone knows what Famitsu gave it? Not that that tells you a ton, but it's still something.

I might go ahead an get the Rosenqueen version since I would hate it if that artbook is awesome and I need to go through ebay and pay higher prices.

Don't be surprised if some of you get gypped out of the artbook without notification. Rosenqueen is extremely shady with their bonuses, and they committed out-and-out fraud during one of their most recent sales by not shipping their customers what was promised. Oh, and they also rape you up the ass for "one day" shipping, then take three weeks to send it to you. Avoid this horrible retailer.

See the latter half of this thread for specifics:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244130&page=5

Almost *everybody* got fucked over on that one.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Don't be surprised if some of you get gypped out of the artbook without notification. Rosenqueen is extremely shady with their bonuses, and they committed out-and-out fraud during one of their most recent sales by not shipping their customers what was promised. Oh, and they also rape you up the ass for "one day" shipping, then take three weeks to send it to you. Avoid this horrible retailer.

See the latter half of this thread for specifics:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244130&page=5

Almost *everybody* got fucked over on that one.[/QUOTE]

Or the item could be limited and keeps coming back. The Atelier Annie figure set been restocked at least twice and they are suppose to be limited to 500 or so

[quote name='62t']Or the item could be limited and keeps coming back. The Atelier Annie figure set been restocked at least twice and they are suppose to be limited to 500 or so[/QUOTE]

heh yeah. they have it in stock now... wth :( I pre-ordered 2 sets for my collection, this is kind of a let down... are ppl just returning this? They still have (Limited to 550 units) in their product description.

i think i'll be getting the wii version for my gf. she's somewhat interested in her so i guess this will do. haha, im sucha bad bf.

I've loved this series of games for more than 10 years. Can't wait to play a Sakura Wars game without a 100+page printed walkthrough or a laptop next to me (can only speak/read a tiny, teensy bit of Japanese). Gonna preorder the Wii version (surprisingly, I don't give a shit about original voices so much anymore. Also, I don't own a PS2 and ain't buying one just to play one game), and the artbook is a must so I'm rolling the dice with these Rosenqueen jokers. Thanks for the notice OP!

Already pre-ordered the PS2 version at Gamestop since I had a gift card. I'm afraid that the print of the game will be limited so I jumped on this quickly even though I'll be busy with FFXIII by time I receive it in the mail.

[quote name='Bayshun']Minimum shipping being $7.10 plus $4.37 tax for me are killing this deal.

I've browsed RosenQueen for a while, but have never ordered from them. Do they ship as soon as you pre-order, or once it ships?[/QUOTE]

If by "ship" you mean "charge" then yes, yes they do.

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']I've always wanted to play a Sakura Wars game. I'm torn, though. My deal senses (or maybe not "deal" but, hey, nice price, senses) tingle at $29.99 for the Wii version, but my nerd senses do NOT want to play it with English voices.

Although I guess if the acting is as good as, say, Persona 3 or 4...

I just prefer Japanese. But more than I prefer Japanese, I prefer being cheap, I guess.

Anyway. Sorry for the ramble. Guess I'll just wait til the game comes out before I order. It's possible it'll stink anyway.

Don't suppose anyone knows what Famitsu gave it? Not that that tells you a ton, but it's still something.[/QUOTE]

Famitsu gave it a 37/40, and you'll be able to play it with the original japanese voices.
http://www.siliconera.com/2009/07/05/sakura-wars-so-long-my-love-sold-as-a-two-disc-box-set/

Last edited by a moderator:
I was going to give in and order their the $50 PS2 version for the bonus artbook, until they wanted $9+ for shipping. fuck RQ. I went with amazon sans artbook.

[quote name='eau']I was going to give in and order their the $50 PS2 version for the bonus artbook, until they wanted $9+ for shipping. fuck RQ. I went with amazon sans artbook.[/QUOTE]

The shipping is what is holding me back from pulling the trigger myself.

Keep going back and forth on it.

As psyched as I am about this game, I guess I'm just gonna wait til it's out. I don't really know what to do!

$29.99 for the Wii version at Amazon sounds pretty good, doesn't it?

I want to get this, but I think I am going to wait, I don't care if I get the limited edition or not because the extras regardless of what they are usually end up collecting dust. After buying the persona PSP set on amazon for 14.99 and Phantom Brave for 16.99 on Newegg I am a bit spoiled by the low prices. GS has this game for 29.99 but at this point I cannot justify $30 for another game I won't get to for a while. Pokemon HG/SS is also coming out around the same time and I want to splurge on that too, plus that will suck up all my gaming time likely.

[quote name='SaraAB']I want to get this, but I think I am going to wait, I don't care if I get the limited edition or not because the extras regardless of what they are usually end up collecting dust. After buying the persona PSP set on amazon for 14.99 and Phantom Brave for 16.99 on Newegg I am a bit spoiled by the low prices. GS has this game for 29.99 but at this point I cannot justify $30 for another game I won't get to for a while. Pokemon HG/SS is also coming out around the same time and I want to splurge on that too, plus that will suck up all my gaming time likely.[/QUOTE]
Phantom Brave Wii for $16.99 shipped? Damnit. Missed it.

One of the reason I think they are a total 3rd rate operation.
Before the most recent site make over, they said they will implement charge on ship. Well... they did the site change and they still don't have it... I believe they left a message again about implementing that soon right after the change and still no.

This is 2009 (well 2010 to be precise)... a working online billing system comes with like every web host account... Their inability to do that (or just willingness to admit their lack of desire to do it, despite their insistence on it being worked at) put them way down in places I would shop at.

Plus, their site sucks, NISA can't localize worth * . It is too bad that they are the only one offering some bonuses or else I would never give them my money.

[quote name='62t']Or the item could be limited and keeps coming back. The Atelier Annie figure set been restocked at least twice and they are suppose to be limited to 500 or so[/QUOTE]

That doesn't sound surprising. Every Rosenqueen Co. store I've ever been to has different items in stock every time I look.

::crosses fingers that someone will get the joke::

Anyone else getting the Wii version because porting of that version was done in Japan? NISA's buggy ports are the reason I'll avoid the PS2 version.

bread's done
Back