slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:21 PM

Busy week!

Posted Image Posted Image

FREE

Posted Image

Paid $2 figured I can dump it since it is sealed.

Posted Image
.50 got lucky and picked a good one!

Posted Image

$1 about 98% complete. Missing one of the bases for the figure.

Posted Image

$1.60 Bag of toys with light saber, Sslythe (from Thundercats), PS AV cable.

Posted Image

Paid $1 for all 3. Soundstage still sealed. Can dump the Pilates ones.

Posted Image

$2 Smallville Season 5 still sealed

More to come...;)

#1142 lude21

lude21

Posted 04 August 2010 - 12:08 AM

This is a follow up to my earlier post...i posted a pic of the 3 gems i found and also the mystery cart. Does anyone know what this is exactly?

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

The chip on the cart says MouseTrap and there is a toggle switch there too.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1143 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2010 - 02:24 AM

Posted Image

$1.50 Light Saber and 3rd party PS2 controller

Posted Image

$5 Silver Dualshock 2, 2 PS2 SONY memory cards, 4 Gameboy Games

My find(s) of the week are a 4-way tie.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

$5 for everything. GTA SA guide, GTA Driector's Cut, 9 Game Gear Games with cases, Silent Hill Black Label complete.

This is my favorite. :bouncy:

Posted Image

.10 Thundercats Windsock still sealed. (technically I got this a couple of weeks ago, but I lost it under a pile)

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Wanted $25 offered $10. NES toploader (dirty as hell) with 22 games.

AND

These come with a story...

There was a sale on Thursday that advertised a Game Cube and video games. I got there my usual 20 minutes early and the garage door was already open. As I approached the garage I saw the "book scanner" (the chump who has been hitting my territory for the past 4 or 5 weeks. He is the one that missed the cosby complete series last week.)

Of course he is at the games scanning them and already had a 360 game and a DVD that he had set aside. I noticed some PSP games that were disheveled, so I went for the gamecube games marked $1 each.

The games were in 2 stacks and he was about 3 games into the first stack. I grabbed the second stack and dealt them out like a deck of cards separating the ones I wanted. He turns to me and says "Are you done with these?" (Imagine Toby from the Office when he is upset with Michael) I say "Those are the ones I am taking. I am done with these" and handed him 3 games.

Now for $1 each they are all worth it to me, but the second picture is what I got by pulling a dick move and grabbing the whole stack.

Posted Image

I think Starfox is the highlight of this pic.

But here is the gold!

Posted Image

Only 36 hours until it all starts again. :whee:

#1144 freeorelse

freeorelse

Not in the Sandbox!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2010 - 02:56 AM

Nice finds slowdive. The only way I see any good finds is in this thread. Still looking for a real yard sale. Thanks for the pics.

Damn right. After all, why should I have to shit stain my undies when I could buy them pre stained.:whee:

[chipinsig]07e4f48f08550a61[/chipinsig]

#1145 BHitmanW20

BHitmanW20

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2010 - 03:15 AM

Got the following all at one yard sale:

N64 Games:
Mario Party
Super Mario 64
Mario Kart 64
Super Smash Bros.
Bust-A-Move 2

SNES Games:
Super Mario All Stars + Super Mario World
Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past
Super Mario RPG
Spiderman Maximum Carnage
Secret of Mana
Super Castlevania IV

$30 total

Went back later on in the day and got the following:

2 N64 systems complete w/ 3 controllers
SNES system complete w/ 1 controller
Mario Party 2 N64 game

$25

13 SNES Super Famicon games w/ converter
Games include (Some of these might be for sale if anyone is interested):
Darius Twin
Super Dunkshot (NCAA Basketball)
Super Mario World
Gradius 3
Joe & Mac
Pilotwings
Final Fight
Prince of Persia
TMNT IV: Turtles in Time
F-Zero
Goemon (Legend of the Mystical Ninja)
Chohmakaimura (Super Ghouls & Ghosts)
Super Valis IV

$20

10 more common SNES games (including NBA Jam TE)

$5

Box of 23 N64 games + gameshark 2.0 (including Donkey Kong 64, Pokemon Stadium 2, Goldeneye 007, Resident Evil 2, Star Fox 64)

$20

Overall spent $100 and made out pretty well. Unfortunately the woman couldn't find her copy of Chrono Trigger for the SNES. She knew that game was worth money ("$28 on Craigslist"), but I guess didn't know about any of the others.

#1146 Captain_Insano16

Captain_Insano16

Has a ton of stuff FS/FT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2010 - 09:25 AM

13 SNES Super Famicon games w/ converter
Games include (Some of these might be for sale if anyone is interested):
Darius Twin
Super Dunkshot (NCAA Basketball)
Super Mario World
Gradius 3
Joe & Mac
Pilotwings
Final Fight
Prince of Persia
TMNT IV: Turtles in Time
F-Zero
Goemon (Legend of the Mystical Ninja)
Chohmakaimura (Super Ghouls & Ghosts)
Super Valis IV

$20

I might be interested in some of them. Drop me a PM if you decide to sell any off. Congrats on the finds!
Checkout my FS/FT/Wants list! :bouncy:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Interested in all types of old school games - NES, SEGA, ATARI, TG-16, NEOGEO, ETC
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also want Transformers or Gobots

#1147 ninja dog

ninja dog

Shoto Guilt

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2010 - 01:22 PM

This is a follow up to my earlier post...i posted a pic of the 3 gems i found and also the mystery cart. Does anyone know what this is exactly?

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

The chip on the cart says MouseTrap and there is a toggle switch there too.

Can't see anything, pics are too small.

#1148 lude21

lude21

Posted 04 August 2010 - 05:01 PM

^ click the pics...
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1149 yourlefthand

yourlefthand

Daddy Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2010 - 05:04 PM

^ click the pics...

Still too small to see much...

#1150 lude21

lude21

Posted 04 August 2010 - 05:10 PM

dammit...really? it was my first time posting pics to this site. Just got a laptop....ill try reposting them in the "Is this game rare thread"
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1151 yourlefthand

yourlefthand

Daddy Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2010 - 06:17 PM

dammit...really? it was my first time posting pics to this site. Just got a laptop....ill try reposting them in the "Is this game rare thread"

Sorry. You might see if imagebucket will let you post a higher-res version of it.

#1152 lude21

lude21

Posted 04 August 2010 - 09:04 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

ok...hopefully these came out a little better. It says MouseTrap handwritten on that sticker on the chip.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1153 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2010 - 10:04 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

ok...hopefully these came out a little better. It says MouseTrap handwritten on that sticker on the chip.

Any reason it's not a Mouse Trap cart for Atari, Coleco, or Intellvision? Those are $1-$10. I remember the game on Windows 3.11.

#1154 SlammedNiss

SlammedNiss

Mine hits the ground!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2010 - 12:46 AM

Yeah, have you tried playing it on 2600/7800 or Intellivision yet?

#1155 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2010 - 02:48 AM

While checking out the local flea market I ran across a complete Magnavox Odyssey 2 with "The Voice" attachment and 36 games CIB.

http://img440.images.../i/img7600.jpg/

http://img835.images.../i/img7595.jpg/

http://img717.images...i/img7597p.jpg/

http://img15.imagesh...i/img7606t.jpg/

http://img12.imagesh.../img7608do.jpg/

The Guy was asking $60 for the package or $2 per game. I thought it was a bit high and was about to just grab a few games then thought "when is the next time I'll find all this at once?". I offered $40 and he countered with $50. Basically I got each game for $1.39 and the console for free. Found the console manuals, warranty info, and rebate card in the bottom of the box. As a bonus, I also found a complete NES manual including a "Now You're Playing With Power" poster.

My understanding is there are only 49 games for the Odyssey 2 and I now have 36 complete copies with no duplicates. I love the artwork on the cover of the old games!

#1156 ninja dog

ninja dog

Shoto Guilt

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2010 - 03:39 AM

they're 320x240...maybe a setting on your camera or when you upload it?

either way it looks you might have a rare, possibly one-of-a-kind gem there. Even better place to ask would be digitpress.com

#1157 lude21

lude21

Posted 05 August 2010 - 04:10 AM

ok, thanks guys. Ill post it on Digitpress and Atariage. I haven't tried playing it yet, but i'll try that too.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1158 schultzed

schultzed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2010 - 01:15 PM

I thought it was a bit high and was about to just grab a few games then thought "when is the next time I'll find all this at once?".

Nice. This is good thinking. Being cheap is a virtue but there are times when paying a little extra makes sense.

#1159 schultzed

schultzed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2010 - 01:17 PM

Now for $1 each they are all worth it to me, but the second picture is what I got by pulling a dick move and grabbing the whole stack.

I don't think you were a dick about it. Good saleing requires some pushiness . . . I'm sure he'd have done the same to you.

I love your NES lot . . . most of the system lots that I see have really crappy games.

#1160 dodgeme

dodgeme

Shadow the Hedgehog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2010 - 03:38 PM

This should be an exciting weekend. I have my village wide sales coming up and I tend to always find something good.
Posted Image

#1161 ex_eBay_buyer

ex_eBay_buyer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2010 - 04:35 PM

Haven't gone garage saling in weeks - once you get used to sleeping in until 12, it's hard to just wake up at 7. And my area (can't drive yet so have to go within biking distance) has really sucky sales.
But tomorrow my dad's driving me to nearby area garage sales, wish me luck! A few advertise games so that's a good sign.
Yard-Saleing is a SPORT.

#1162 pulsar0510

pulsar0510

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2010 - 05:50 PM

Found today:
Super Mario Brothers Movie Golden Book: .25
I couldn't resist it.

Shawn Palmers Pro Snowboarder Gameboy Color (game only): .50
Weird thing about this, I used to know Palmer. I lived in Tahoe in the 90's and he was a local. Ended up at his house for parties more than once.

#1163 NickNorman

NickNorman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2010 - 05:56 PM

I hit a few sales this morning, and found a few deals.

The first one I went to advertised "hundreds of CDs" and more electronics, so I was hopeful. When I got there, I learned that someone just came and bought all the CDs. There were a few Xbox 360 games, and I picked these up for $5 each:
Posted Image
I also bought a GTA: San Andreas guide for $1. The guy who was selling everything had a PS2 with extra controllers and a case, but he wanted $75.

I couldn't find the second sale, and the third one only had old monitors and a TV. I saw a bunch of CD cases and got excited, but learned that they were just empty cases. The next one was mostly kids' stuff, but no games.

The last one was mostly kids' stuff, too, but with a few games. I picked up Cooking Mama for $5.
Posted Image

There's one tomorrow that advertises DVDs and games, so maybe I'll get lucky if I get there early enough.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#1164 schultzed

schultzed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2010 - 07:16 PM

Quick post right now. I've got a great story to tell later.

Want to pick your brains. At one sale this kid (13) has tons and tons of Star Wars Legos. Most just pieces broken down into big bags. He did have a few complete on a table for $20 each (like an X-Wing with Luke and R2D2). I spotted these minifigs on a table and paid $5 for everything.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Do I have anything of value?
Mostly, I just got them for my kids to play with. They love the minifigs and I hate to pay much for them.

#1165 TiKi2

TiKi2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2010 - 08:13 PM

Yeh , I think I posted in this thread about mini lego figures especially star wars. They are gold. You hit jack pot

#1166 schultzed

schultzed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2010 - 10:47 PM

[I got by pulling a dick move

Slowdive . . . I have you beat on being a dick at a rummage sale.

Today, I'm in this garage looking at CDs and I notice that just behind me (I just walked past) a box with an SNES system and games. The only problem is this woman has her hands in the box. The box was poorly displayed. I see Donkey Kong Country games . . .

Anyway, I try one of my Jedi mind moves . . . (mind control ala Dinner for Schmucks). I'll ignore her and the box and she'll move on. No dice . . . a minute has gone by and I hear the guy running the sale say "It's $60 for the whole thing." This woman doesn't say a word but she's been looking at the GB game boxes and I've gotten a better look in the box.

Posted Image

So, I jump in and say "would you take $30 for it?" The guy replies . . . "no, blah, blah, blah . . . " Here the woman quitely says "but I'm looking at this." So, I countered with $40 and he says that he can do $45 . . . I say sure if he'll throw in the 2 CDs that I'm holding.

At no time did the woman say anything but as I'm whipping out my cash she mumbles "I would have paid $50." She leaves very pissed off.

After I got home, I discovered that some games are missing and some boxes have different games . . . karma biting my ass?!?

Mario RPG and DKC3 are complete, DKC2 is box and cart, but EWJ2 is box only (crap). Mario Kart is box and instructions (nice if I come across a cart), Pokemon Red and Blue are box only, and SMB deluxe is also MIA . . . but there are 3 bonus carts:

Posted Image

Mario World and All Stars each have instructions. There also instructions for Yoshi's Island . . . would be nice to have that cart. Also more GBA boxes folded.

Of course Animaniacs and Battleship are mint and complete (groan).

The system is also complete. If it weren't for the woman, I would have gone through the stuff and tried to chip away at the price (as well as have them search their house for more games). As it was, I bought it based on looking into the box. I may try to swing by tomorrow and inquire . . . but that never seems to work.

Edited by schultzed, 07 August 2010 - 01:12 AM.

#1167 darkslime

darkslime

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2010 - 12:24 AM

Haven't gone garage saling in weeks - once you get used to sleeping in until 12, it's hard to just wake up at 7. And my area (can't drive yet so have to go within biking distance) has really sucky sales.
But tomorrow my dad's driving me to nearby area garage sales, wish me luck! A few advertise games so that's a good sign.

That's why I don't go most weeks. Fuck waking up at 6 AM on a weekend after going to bed at 3 that night. Energy drinks help though.

#1168 schultzed

schultzed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2010 - 01:13 AM

Yeh , I think I posted in this thread about mini lego figures especially star wars. They are gold. You hit jack pot

Should I just ebay the whole lot during the holidays???

#1169 TiKi2

TiKi2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2010 - 01:42 AM

Should I just ebay the whole lot during the holidays???

Depends, the economy is about to take a nose dive unless stimulus is announced . Question is would the consumer be willing to pay X amount of dollars on a star wars lego lot this holiday? If you are in no hurry to sell , I'd just hold it till holidays.

#1170 FOnewearl

FOnewearl

Whooooooooa Bundy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2010 - 01:50 AM

Posted ImagePosted Image

Prehistorik Man (GB) - $1
Twisted Metal 4 (PS1, No Manual) - .50

Pokemon Fire Red Version With Wireless Adaptor (GBA, No Manual)
Yellow Game Boy Camera

$4

First two small finds IAP, Game Boy stuff was marked 5 & 1 I offered 3 and took the counter of 4.

2x NES Systems - One In A Styrofoam-less Box With Hookups, Zapper & 2x 1st Party Contrllers, 2nd One With What You Can See In The Picture Including A Bad RF Adaptor And A Controller With A Bad Wire.

Atari 2600 That's Been Taken Apart And Has Seen Better Days With Some Extras.

10 NES Games & 22 2600 Games (The 7 NES Games That Are Hard To Read Seeing Only The Tops of Them - Anticipation, Dr Mario, Golf, Side Pocket, Solar Jetman, Super Mario Bros 3 & Nintendo World Cup)

$8

This was one of my first stops today and when I asked about older games they had this stuff out for sale that I missed since they had some more stuff for sale behind the carport where the sale was set up that was easily overlooked. Looked it over no price when I said I was interested I was asked $5 for the NES with games and all of the Atari stuff. Went to put it in my car and came back for what I thought was an empty NES box but it had another system which I ended up paying 3 more dollars for.

Non Find BS -
Spoiler

62 Guides For Trade Brand Then Alphatized Updated 3-6-10.

http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=36537