Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

The Steam discussion topic! Joy and happiness, right here, folks.

• Please log in to reply
4293 replies to this topic

#2011 yeah-yeah

yeah-yeah

Posted 25 June 2010 - 08:14 PM

Whoa! Resident Evil 5 is $12.50! Four bucks for Ghostbusters?! Wowzers. Anyone have impressions of RE5 on the PC?

#2012 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2010 - 08:32 PM

Holy shit, they FINALLY added dedicated servers (the ones that were supposed to be added on April 4th)?

The game didn't even come out till April 8th, and they always said that dedis would be post-launch.

Anyone have impressions of RE5 on the PC?

It's a perfect port, aside from the massive, gigantic, horrible Fuck-up of not having the DLC available whatsoever.
Hi...

DID SOMEBODY SAY "TOOT"?!?
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image I WILL MOTHERF--KING BAN THE F--KING SHIT OUT OF YOU Posted Image

Posted Image

#2013 SEH

SEH

Paul's sister is an alien

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2010 - 08:56 PM

I know they were always supposed to be post-launch, but they put out some press release before the game came out where dedicated servers were supposed to be added like a week after release. April 4th may not have been the exact date, but they still took entirely too long to release the server patch.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#2014 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2010 - 10:28 PM

Hey, so I was wondering if anyone here had a chance to check out Alpha Protocol? I remember some discussion a while back, and thinking it sounded cool but was too much to pick up then. Now that its on sale for $33, any opinions on its worth at that price?

I'd read some reviews if I were you.

I was REALLY looking forward to it, thinking it was going to kind of be like a spy version of Mass Effect. Well, it seems pretty disappointing, or at least I'm disappointed.

However, some people have good things to say about it. If it were $20, I'd go for it. I was just expecting it to be bug-free and spiffy and better-received. Taking what I've read into account, I can't spend $33 on it.

#2015 VGmnk

VGmnk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2010 - 10:32 PM

I'd read some reviews if I were you.

I was REALLY looking forward to it, thinking it was going to kind of be like a spy version of Mass Effect. Well, it seems pretty disappointing, or at least I'm disappointed.

However, some people have good things to say about it. If it were $20, I'd go for it. I was just expecting it to be bug-free and spiffy and better-received. Taking what I've read into account, I can't spend $33 on it.

hmm...actually that's what I was thinking (a more action-y mass effect). Maybe I'll hold off--still have mass effect 2 that I got from that mass effect sale.

#2016 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2010 - 10:36 PM

I'm not sure if it's more actiony. If you're expecting that, I think you'd be even more disappointed.

I thought the conversations and stuff might be really fun. Spy classes... I mean the sky was the limit. I was so hyped. "The Espionage RPG". I still get excited when I read that!

I'll probably still enjoy it, and I think you might, too. I think if we wait til Christmas we'll be able to snag it for $10-15 tho. Or at least $20.

Maybe they'll implement lots of bug fixes and make things good. They seem like a damn busy company, though, which is probably why this one got shoved out the door kinda half-baked to make time for the other stuff companies are farming out to them (Fallout: New Vegas for one).

(Like you, I have other stuff to play anyway... I really want to play through The Witcher again. Do you have that one? If not, buy buy buy! :D)

Edited by Jesse_Dylan, 25 June 2010 - 10:55 PM.

#2017 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2010 - 01:29 AM

I think expectations are a huge part of the AP reviews. If you expect one thing and get another, you won't like it. The problem is that nobody really knew what to expect!

I just noticed that Valve is changing the "you could be doing this dangerous thing instead" every day. Today's involve the perils of bike riding and all the groin pain it entails.

Edited by radioactivez0r, 26 June 2010 - 02:56 AM.

Posted Image

#2018 kilm

kilm

Posted 26 June 2010 - 03:12 AM

I just noticed that Valve is changing the "you could be doing this dangerous thing instead" every day. Today's involve the perils of bike riding and all the groin pain it entails.

Yeah, yesterday was shark/water danger, which Bioshock 2 was appropriate for a sale.

Today, I would've expected something like Trials 2 to be on sale, but nope....

#2019 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 26 June 2010 - 05:56 AM

Global Agenda goes no subscriptions forever, going to do a Guild Wars type thing with expansions

http://forum.globala...a-now-sub-free/

If it goes on sale, I full well endorse the game. It's like Tribes meets TF2.

#2020 paz9x

paz9x

Posted 26 June 2010 - 06:03 AM

Global Agenda goes no subscriptions forever, going to do a Guild Wars type thing with expansions

thats excellent, global agenda is pretty fun, i havent played much since sandstorm launched.
"I am the Walrus" "Shut the Fuck up Donnie"

Posted Image

#2021 DukeEdwardI

DukeEdwardI

Whose Queens?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2010 - 06:07 AM

No more monthly subscription fee? Awesome! I've got that unlimited free trial they were giving out earlier but haven't gotten around to it yet. But the amount of patching I see done to that game is very encouraging.

Also, got your invite Jesse and saw that you got Serious Sam. You, EastX and me should totally get some co-op going on. Very, very fun.

#2022 paz9x

paz9x

Posted 26 June 2010 - 06:22 AM

No more monthly subscription fee? Awesome! I've got that unlimited free trial they were giving out earlier but haven't gotten around to it yet. But the amount of patching I see done to that game is very encouraging.

Also, got your invite Jesse and saw that you got Serious Sam. You, EastX and me should totally get some co-op going on. Very, very fun.

you better send me an invite, i just picked up the SS pack today.

Posted Image

#2023 DukeEdwardI

DukeEdwardI

Whose Queens?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2010 - 07:02 AM

you better send me an invite, i just picked up the SS pack today.

I'm at work, but you can add me. My Steam name is Queens.

#2024 fizzywix

fizzywix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2010 - 07:08 AM

Well, I wished for RE5 under $20 and then got it the next day!

Next wish is for Metro 2033 under $20!

#2025 paz9x

paz9x

Posted 26 June 2010 - 07:13 AM

I'm at work, but you can add me. My Steam name is Queens.

i think i did earlier. i was referring specifically to serious sam though.

Posted Image

#2026 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 26 June 2010 - 05:08 PM

Buy Audiosurf and Zeno Clash, no question.

As for me, nothing today.

EDIT: Oh shoot, L4D2 for $10, ninja deal. 4 pack for 30.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/550/

#2027 dustdust

dustdust

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2010 - 06:23 PM

anyone want in on l4d2 4-pack?

Untitled.jpg

dustdust_ps.png

#2028 namster1337

namster1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2010 - 06:25 PM

Sweet, hoping for a global agenda deal with the no subscriptions anymore.
And anyone get Lead and Gold and want to get some games in? Add me
Posted Image

#2029 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2010 - 06:31 PM

GLOBAL AGENDA!!! I can't wait! They have to have a deal eventually, right?? No subscription fee is like a magical mantra for me. Gonna grab the demo while I wait for a deal.

Duke, I missed out on SS. I had the demo last night and the pack in my cart, but I forgot to buy it! :(

I can't decide on L4D2. I haven't played the first one that I bought at Christmas! And as great as $10 is, I suppose it will go lower... like at Christmas....

The Zeno Clash demo was cool, but I didn't finish it... Not sure it's my thing (but for that price...)

Decisions, decisions... I am trying to use willpower and sense rather than just jump on everything (but which one is more fun?).

Edit: Steam is getting HAMMERED right now. Darn. Guess I'll have to download stuff later. Even switching to a server in Russia didn't help. :P

Edited by Jesse_Dylan, 26 June 2010 - 06:43 PM.

#2030 freddy_

freddy_

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2010 - 06:56 PM

I'll probably do a trade with a friend so ill get zeno clash & audiosurf and he gets bioshock1. Which is like a 0.51€ price difference :P

I snatched RE5 & AvP 2k yesterday also.
Posted Image

#2031 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2010 - 07:27 PM

If anyone needs a body for a L4D2 four-pack, let me know. It's kind of silly to pass up at that price.

#2032 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2010 - 07:36 PM

Sorry for all my posting lately. I'm reading through the Steam Summer deals thread, and it's such an active thread that it's pointless to reply to stuff more than a page back, not to mention it's off-topic anyway (what I'm going to mention is, I mean).

But I'm curious about the whole identity theft stuff. There was a dude on there who is very cautious, to say the least, and was worried about Steam taking his personal info.

I'm not cautious, and I don't worry, either, frankly (tho identity theft is actually covered in my insurance policy, I found out).

I dunno, I guess I mostly want to know what people are so scared of. Yeah, identity theft sucks, but there are things you can do when it happens, and you're probably more likely to get gored by a buffalo than get your identity stolen through Steam...

Sorry, maybe it's not an interesting topic, and I won't bring it up again. Mostly I'm just wanting to know why people are so nervous about it. I don't need to hear ID theft horror stories. :) That's not what I'm asking for.

Thoughts/comments? And if there are none, I understand, as I did not write this up in a particularly sensible or repliable fashion. Made up a word, tho. Repliable. Like it? Feel free to take it.

Edit: Just saw our own Logain saying if anyone wants to continue the ID theft convo, bring it here. Ha! Which is exactly what I did. Great minds.

#2033 freddy_

freddy_

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2010 - 07:57 PM

Honestly i'm more worried about loosing my account and the dude starts cheating on VAC protected servers and get me VAC banned then getting my identity stolen...

Unless that is what you meant with id theft but im guessing your is more CC related?
Dont know what my insurance says about it but stuff like that, the bank usually takes care of it.
Posted Image

#2034 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2010 - 08:00 PM

Yeah, I think the credit card companies are really good about fixing things when it happens.

Yeah man, I hear you! I would cry bullets if I got my account stolen or banned or something. I hadn't really thought much about that. Steam is where I have pretty much ALL my games. But I think as long as you have a good password and keep your info safe... Maybe Valve needs to make those authenticator things like you can buy for your Blizzard account.

#2035 VGmnk

VGmnk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2010 - 08:19 PM

With all the games I've gotten, I'd consider buying an authenticator...although I'd wonder if there would be the same incentive for hackers to hack a steam account compared to an MMO account for gold selling...I'm not sure how you would sell games by gifting from someone's account and not get caught and its not like currency/goods which can go through many hands, you can only gift to the one account.

#2036 Logain8955

Logain8955

Groovy Cactuar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2010 - 08:24 PM

With all the games I've gotten, I'd consider buying an authenticator...although I'd wonder if there would be the same incentive for hackers to hack a steam account compared to an MMO account for gold selling...I'm not sure how you would sell games by gifting from someone's account and not get caught and its not like currency/goods which can go through many hands, you can only gift to the one account.

If there was a Steam authenticator like the Blizzard one, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

I love my Blizzard one, sure it's an extra step and a pain in the ass when I want to log in on a friends comp, but so far almost everyone I know has been hacked except me.

On another note, anyone know how to turn down the god damned fucking strobe in Beat Hazard? I swear, one of the patches turned the damn thing up and now I can't play more than 2 songs without my eyes being on fire.
http://fp.profiles.u...id/jedi8955.png" width="230" height="155" border="0"

Download DevourerTDA, a new competitive Tower Defense map for Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne today!

CAG Thread: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=263655
Download it here! http://wc3.nibbits.c...ourertda-ver-10

#2037 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2010 - 08:24 PM

Global Agenda IS on sale, but I assume you folks are hoping for a daily deal.
Posted Image

#2038 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2010 - 08:27 PM

Yeah, hoping for a daily deal. :) Downloading the demo and will probably buy it at the sale price on the last day tho.

True, maybe there is no incentive to jack a Steam account. Hadn't thought of that!

Are we talking 48 hours here? Do you live here?

Posted Image

About download speeds. I hear people talk a lot about The Witcher and its 14 gigs. "It took me two days to download it!" someone said. I am just baffled by all of this. Maybe I have a fast connection. That's fine. I'm not trying to be like "yo, my connect is LEET brah!" or anything. If I have a good connection, cool, I'm lucky and happy. But two days for 14gb? The Global Agenda demo is about 10gb. I've got almost 7gb left, and it'll be done in 3 hours. This is while downloading other stuff, too, and on a day when the servers are getting hammered. Maybe people are just impatient.

Sorry, I'm rambling here about stuff so as not to clutter the deals thread with my jabber.

Edited by Jesse_Dylan, 26 June 2010 - 08:42 PM.

#2039 paz9x

paz9x

Posted 26 June 2010 - 09:12 PM

Yeah, hoping for a daily deal. :) Downloading the demo and will probably buy it at the sale price on the last day tho.

True, maybe there is no incentive to jack a Steam account. Hadn't thought of that!

About download speeds. I hear people talk a lot about The Witcher and its 14 gigs. "It took me two days to download it!" someone said. I am just baffled by all of this. Maybe I have a fast connection. That's fine. I'm not trying to be like "yo, my connect is LEET brah!" or anything. If I have a good connection, cool, I'm lucky and happy. But two days for 14gb? The Global Agenda demo is about 10gb. I've got almost 7gb left, and it'll be done in 3 hours. This is while downloading other stuff, too, and on a day when the servers are getting hammered. Maybe people are just impatient.

Sorry, I'm rambling here about stuff so as not to clutter the deals thread with my jabber.

it probably depends on some variables. there are soe days where itll just crawl so ill pause it and start it later and itll be flying.

add me for global agenda. id love some cags to play with. maybe we can start a group if enough of us play.

Posted Image

#2040 RedGamer

RedGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2010 - 09:23 PM

Hey, I'm relatively new to having the PC and Steam as my mainstay for gaming instead of consoles. (Not necessarily new to -using- Steam, though.)

If anyone is up for playing any of the multiplayer games I own, just add my Steam name: mistbandit

I currently own: Lead and Gold, Serious Sam HD: First Encounter & Second Encounter, Left 4 Dead 2

I will probably soon own if they go on sale: Team Fortress 2, Borderlands, Global Agenda

I'm still beating myself up over not picking up Killing Floor.