Dr Pepper: 2011 Promo (EA Games DLC)

• Please log in to reply
2247 replies to this topic

#61 hellmutt

hellmutt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2010 - 12:12 AM

Anyone figure out how to request the free code?

#62 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2010 - 12:15 AM

No it isn't. Go into a place that lets you get/refill your own drinks, and mix everything together. That's Dr. Pepper.

I don't care for the stuff, despite living in the state it was born in. It's too sweet and flat for me, and has a terrible aftertaste. Regardless, folks down south guzzle this shit like we might someday lose the ability to make it.

This is all meant to be taken facetiously - no one get their panties in a twist about it.

So if I go to the local movie theater and mix Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, MUG Root Beer, Mt. Dew, and Sierra Mist it will taste like Dr.Pepper?

I'm highly doubting that. Just because Dr. pepper says its made of 23 flavors doesnt mean its just some jungle juice of sodas.

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#63 sgr76

sgr76

Talk it < Living it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2010 - 12:15 AM

How's dr. Pepper? For 17yrs living in this country, I have yet to try one.

I only know Forrest gump drank like 15 of em during his white house invitation to meet president kennedy for being all-american football player

If it can do this to the Easter Bunny, imagine how it will make you feel...

Posted Image
Posted Image

#64 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2010 - 12:19 AM

So if I go to the local movie theater and mix Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, MUG Root Beer, Mt. Dew, and Sierra Mist it will taste like Dr.Pepper?

I'm highly doubting that. Just because Dr. pepper says its made of 23 flavors doesnt mean its just some jungle juice of sodas.

It'll be startlingly close. The creator - I don't remember his name - said that he wanted to make a soda that "tasted like how a soda fountain smells." This was back in the early 1900s I think, when you had soda jerks mixing syrups and things right there in the parlor.

Originally, if you wanted to order a Dr. Pepper before it was officially named, you said "shoot me a Waco."

Cobbling together a mishmash of what's at the movies or in a McDonald's will be pretty close to proper Dr. Pepper. Definitely helps if you add in a cherry flavored component, or at least something like Big Red.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#65 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2010 - 12:33 AM

Anyone figure out how to request the free code?

Yeah, SASE with a limit of 1 a week. With the postage rates you might as well buy a Dr. Pepper. I put all the details in the thread I made in the contest forum
Posted Image
Feel free to add me: Just send a msg saying you are from CAG after the FR
| Xbox Deal of the Week |

#66 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 07 January 2010 - 12:37 AM

good stuff. dr pepper and root beer are already consumed by me in large quantities, might as well make me some money selling codes from it after the promotion ends.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#67 EdRyder

EdRyder

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2010 - 01:29 AM

http://www.drpepper.com/promotions/ LMFAO @ "No Purchase necessary"!! No you dont have to just start opening Dr Peppers and writing down the codes at 7Eleven!

No Purchase necessary to enter by mail. Simply hand print your name and residential address, including zip code (as they appear on your driver’s license or government identification), home and cell phone number (including area codes), email address and date of birth on a postcard and mail it to ATTN: Dr Pepper/MLG Mobile Sweeps, 2894 Rowena Ave., Ste. A, Los Angeles, CA 90039, USA. You may enter as often as you wish, regardless of method of entry, but each mail entry must be hand printed and mailed in a separate, hand addressed envelope.

#68 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2010 - 01:31 AM

^ However: FREE GAME CODE REQUEST LIMIT: 1 Code per week

Posted pics of bottles for those that asked
Posted Image

#69 ttocshsoj

ttocshsoj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2010 - 02:41 AM

awesome, i'm pretty addicted to the stuff anyways so I'll probably be getting quite a few codes

#70 Lord_Kefka

Lord_Kefka

Son of a Submariner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2010 - 03:44 AM

Hey reddjoey, did you input your code online and see what the DLC options were yet?

Lord Kefka... you're insatiable.

My Tradelist

#71 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:20 AM

Dr Pepper tastes like Heaven in a can. That's what it tastes like. Go get some. Do your part for the economy.

Chubbyninja1319.png

What? Oh hell no! Hold up. Huh? Oh okay.

#72 Gimpster

Gimpster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:24 AM

anyone ever win these txting contests? i remember i played the hell out of the comedy central thanksgiving wii-kend giveaway...

#73 freeorelse

freeorelse

Not in the Sandbox!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:28 AM

That's all my wife drinks but it has be from a can.

Damn right. After all, why should I have to shit stain my undies when I could buy them pre stained.:whee:

[chipinsig]07e4f48f08550a61[/chipinsig]

#74 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:29 AM

Dr Pepper tastes like Heaven in a can.

Indeed.

#75 eugaet

eugaet

1d20 to save vs CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:39 AM

Anyone tried Dublin Dr. Pepper? It's so much better than the high-fructose corn syrup version. http://www.dublindrpepper.com/

I quit drinking HFCS sodas long ago...but may fall off that wagon to see if I can get some DLC.

Tradelist: LINK :: Strategy Guide Tradelist: LINK :: XBLA Code Tradelist: LINK

#76 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:41 AM

Pibb is superior but we'll have to make do.

#77 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:47 AM

How's dr. Pepper? For 17yrs living in this country, I have yet to try one.

I only know Forrest gump drank like 15 of em during his white house invitation to meet president kennedy for being all-american football player

I compare it to unprotected sex and finding a rolled up 1 dollar bill on the ground...but when you unroll it you find a 20 inside so the good situation just got a lot better.

Come on ME2 and Dragon Age DLC :)

#78 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2010 - 06:05 AM

Anyone tried Dublin Dr. Pepper? It's so much better than the high-fructose corn syrup version. http://www.dublindrpepper.com/

I quit drinking HFCS sodas long ago...but may fall off that wagon to see if I can get some DLC.

Dr Pepper launched Dr Pepper Heritage (limited time) which is made with "Real Sugar"

Edited by reddjoey, 07 January 2010 - 06:49 AM.

Posted Image

#79 OnyxPrimal

OnyxPrimal

Chocolate Goodness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2010 - 06:07 AM

have to start looking close for these around I've not seen any here in WV

sounds like cheesy cartoon characters:

Dr. Pepper & his nemesis Mr. Pibb...

Yeah I had a hard time finding the Rock Band caps for the Pespi promotion during the summer here as well. Good Luck.

#80 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2010 - 06:10 AM

Hey reddjoey, did you input your code online and see what the DLC options were yet?

Yeah... I'll update the OP with what's available.

Done. Put up thumbnails and descriptions from EA prize site

Edited by reddjoey, 07 January 2010 - 06:47 AM.

Posted Image

#81 NoDAK

NoDAK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2010 - 07:53 AM

I entered a cap yesterday evening, but could never sign into my EA account to redeem it. Kept telling me my info was incorrect, but I can sign directly into the EA.com with no issues. After looking at your prize listing, I guess it was a blessing in disguise. When does the 360 dlc go up?

#82 munkapotamus

munkapotamus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:35 AM

DLC for ME:2 and BF:BC2 seem like they will be made available at game launch, along with other DLCs.

Unique Downloadable Content (DLC) for applicable EA games (games subject to change) - Mass Effect 2, Battlefield Heroes, The Sims 3, Spore, Battlefield: Bad Company 2 plus additional games may be available based on EA game release dates.

Which means that as the games are released, we'll likely score some DLC out of it.

My reading also leads me to believe that you get to CHOOSE the DLC you want, so you won't be fishing for game-specific codes, especially since you are unlikely to have the requisite game for a specific code.
I am the Munkapotamus, and you are not. Rejoice.

#83 BoneMonkey80

BoneMonkey80

Bonetastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:25 AM

seems to be 14 DLC per games i wonder what they are going to have for mass effect 2

im buying a 12 pack of dr pepper today sadly i think dr pepper tastes like cough syrup
Posted Image

#84 Sharp Katana

Sharp Katana

Chillin like a villain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2010 - 12:01 PM

entered thanks

9unm.png

credits to Lilchiji

#85 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 07 January 2010 - 02:48 PM

This ought to excite you into buying Dr. Pepper. The secret flavor ingredient is prunes. ;^) No, really, that is the secret flavor ingredient. Now go drink one.

Ok, no, that's not really true, but it's a long standing rumor: http://www.snopes.co...et/drpepper.asp

I like the stuff, though always prefered the harder to find Mr. Pibb, now just Pibb.

Crunchewy.png

#86 ryanbw

ryanbw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2010 - 05:29 PM

I always thought that it tasted like prunes but maybe I heard that rumor somewhere first. I can't stand the stuff buy my wife likes it. I saw some out in the wild today here in Utah. So if we have it, it should be everywhere by now.

#87 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2010 - 06:11 PM

Looks like I'll pick up a bottle and wait for the Mass Effect 2 DLC to be put up.

#88 Owen

Owen

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2010 - 06:20 PM

I always thought that it tasted like prunes but maybe I heard that rumor somewhere first. I can't stand the stuff buy my wife likes it. I saw some out in the wild today here in Utah. So if we have it, it should be everywhere by now.

That was one of the rumors that it was just carbonated prune juice instead of the 23 flavors .

#89 starkillr

starkillr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2010 - 07:38 PM

You can validate the prune rumor this way. Drink a lot of Dr. Pepper, eat a meal that has little to no fiber, and see what happens when you next visit the toilet. Disaster or miracle? That will tell you if there are prunes involved.

#90 hostyl1

hostyl1

Rejoice commoners!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2010 - 04:54 AM

seriously?

its hard to describe the taste. I guess itd be like mixing Rock and Rye with Cherry Coke.

Wanna know what Dr. Pepper tastes like? Fill a shot glass halfway with Amaretto and top with Barcardi 151 Dark Rum Then take said shot glass and drop it into a mug filled 2/3 of the way with American Lager (Miller High Life and Bud Ice work particularly well). Take said shot glass, drop it into the mug of beer and chug. For added flair, light the shot glass with a match/lighter before placing in mug.

You've just made a (flaming) Dr. Pepper. One that takes similar to the canned variety and has more long lasting effects (if you know what I mean).

(note the irony that I quoted a poster named "FlamedLiquid")
Posted Image