The Steve "Dr. Death" Williams Memorial Wrestling Thread

Halo05

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Steven Williams (May 14, 1960 – December 29, 2009), better known by his ring name "Dr. Death" Steve Williams, was an American professional wrestler and former collegiate football and wrestling star at the University of Oklahoma. (wikipedia)

Steve Williams was one of those rare American professional wrestlers who made a bigger impact in Japan than in the United States. My first experience seeing him was as a monster in ECW where he went on quite a tear. I remember him shrugging off one of Stevie Richards' superkicks and utterly dominating Axl Rotten. A bit later, I started playing Firepro games and he quickly became one of my favorite wrestlers in the games, primarily due to his stunning offense. Finally, there was an odd, text-based wrestling simulator called (I think) TNM that I used to play. In it, my e-fed character used the Doctor Bomb to great effect, somehow defeating Sabu in something like six seconds and putting him on the shelf with a back injury.

At any rate, my introduction to Dr. Death was an odd, yet overwhelmingly positive one. There's not much more to say, onto the videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBU-z-_8n8c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHjkB3WZXwk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKxqYfTg3Dg

ECW Title match - Raven vs. Dr. Death

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NRZ2nYIH_M

Last edited by a moderator:
I applaud your dedication to Dr. Death for this new pro wrestling thread.

This one's for you, Mr. Williams.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiLIJlVa3J0

Heeeey-eeeey-eeeey-yeah...!

Also, tonight will be a great night. I hope. Tonight will either help usher in a new, much-needed era of pro wrestling, or allow WWE to hold a lackluster monopoly over North American pro wrestling.

I think tonight will have some major surprises and be tons of fun.

But if you think the gap between WWE and TNA in ratings will be minimal (i.e., less than 1.0), you're off your rocker.

Moreover, what I'd like to see tonight are long term plans laid out on television - see feuds start that don't come to a crescendo for 3-5 months or so (that's fucking forever and a day in today's wrestling). I'd like to see flow, I'd like to see wrestling matches that mean something and are worth watching.

I don't think we'll get that on either show, but I hope one at least hints that they'll head in that general direction.

EDIT: What I think we'll get is a lot of WWE and TNA both blowing their wads to compete with each other (esp. TNA). WWE has Michaels/Undertaker and Hart/McMahon they can continue tonight, and those are feuds that can go for a 12-week story arc. That would be nice.

A couple of matches announced tonight for Impact...

Matt Morgan & Hernandez vs. Raven & Stevie Richards

Abyss vs. Samoa Joe

Kurt Angle vs. AJ Styles for the TNA Championship

And, uh...

hulkcombo.jpg

Reports of people backstage possibly on air tonight:
Jeff Hardy and Brian Kendrick may return in the X-Division title match tonight, Flair has been "spotted" at the themepark

Regardless of how you feel, there is a sense of excitement surrounding everything tonight.

Tonight should be great. I can't remember the last time I was this excited for Monday nights.

[quote name='cdubb1605']Regardless of how you feel, there is a sense of excitement surrounding everything tonight.[/QUOTE]

As Omar Little might say, indeed.

I suspect my hopes are way too high given what we'll see - but you know, sometimes the anticipation of a program can make it much more enjoyable than it would be otherwise. TV's quality being subjective and all, that is.

yes, I just saw Jeff Hardy on the commercial on Spike also during UFC.. oh damn, tonights gonna be crazy. time to break out some cold beer

[quote name='Survivalism']Isn't Jeff Hardy still under contract with WWE?[/QUOTE]
IIRC, he opted to not renew his contract so he could take some time off.

fucking awesome. Barbed Wire match tonight between Rhyno and Abyss.

- edit This reminds me of the XWF taping I went to a few years ago.

FU tv guide. They said TNA would be on right now on Spike HD (suppose to be live in HD channels on west coast like Raw) but its another CSI episode. Guess I'll have to wait til 8.

During Suicide's entrance, my buddy turns to me and says "Wouldn't it be awesome if Suicide wins and takes off his mask and it's Jeff Hardy?"

Yes...yes it would.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']IIRC, he opted to not renew his contract so he could take some time off.[/QUOTE]

Ah. I missed that part, I thought he was just injured and in a ton of legal trouble.

I very rarely watch TNA, and I can't believe Black Machismo still exists. I certainly can't say the majority TNA's actual wrestling has ever failed to entertain me, though. The original Barbed Wire Massacre is one of my favorite matches, I'd like to watch this one if it's on in the first hour. But, I mean, really. Is anyone going to watch Hulk Hogan's 39th return over Bret Hart?

Also, for some reason, I just found out tonight that Raw is in my state of Ohio and I'm definitely not happy about it. Every time I decide not to go to a show, something amazing happens without fail.

lol starting it out with a fucking DQ in a cage match

- edit This is bullshit chants lol this is great

- edit 2 ok this is a goddamn trainwreck, awesome

You have got to be fucking shitting me.

Homicide uses a baton, and the Steel Asylum match is a no-contest. lol @ the crowd chanting "this is bullshit."

EDIT: Beaten like a government mule.

They should do an angle where Homicide and Suicide are brothers and they could bring in their mother Matricide.

Mike Tenay fucking sucks at hyping shit. TNA needs all new announcers because they don't get excited for anything.

[quote name='Survivalism']They should do an angle where Homicide and Suicide are brothers and they could bring in their mother Matricide.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking Murdicide myself.

And yeah..... Jeff Hardy back in TNA..... yawn.

I sort of wish the Hardy thing hadn't been spoiled earlier today. Oh well.

It's a pretty significant "jump" (even if it isn't technically one) for him to show up, but this was a godawful segment to introduce him in.

Im sure all homicide would've needed to do is throw a bottle of pills on the ground, Jeff would've gone running after em.

bread's done
Back