Halo Wars Limited Edition for $29.99

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31 phoenix529

phoenix529

...for Science.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2010 - 09:57 PM

Damn good price for the LE. Anybody think keeping it sealed will ever lead to any profit? I heard the game isn't great.

phoenix529.png

sig.gif

#32 Mike Toole

Mike Toole

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2010 - 10:07 PM

I just bought ODST for $31.20 on Costco sale, so there is no reason for me to get this.
Some people like Halo Wars, some don't.

Huh? Does ODST come with Halo Wars? I won ODST in a charity auction, haven't broken into it yet.
Posted Image

#33 dabamus

dabamus

Posted 06 January 2010 - 10:11 PM

Huh? Does ODST come with Halo Wars? I won ODST in a charity auction, haven't broken into it yet.

No it doesn't. Halo Wars LE comes with a download code for the first 3 Halo 3 Mythic maps. ODST comes with a disc with all of the Halo 3 MP maps on it.(including all 6 Mythic maps)

Some people bought Halo Wars LEs just for the first 3 mythic maps.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Too bad I see him being hit by a parked bus in the near future.

#34 boyward

boyward

Posted 06 January 2010 - 10:12 PM

I combined this with Halo 3: Legendary Edition ($39.99) to get the following deal:

Quantity Item Description

Posted Image 1 Halo Wars LE X360
Dell Home Customers: Save $50 off this item! - $50.00
Posted Image 1 Halo 3: Legendary Edition (Limited-time only)- Xbox 360
Dell Home Customers: Save $80 off this item! - $80.00 Order Subtotal: $69.98 Shipping and Handling Total: $13.99
Shipping Discount: -$13.99
Tax Total: $4.20 Total Amount: $74.18

#35 MidRetro

MidRetro

Game Completist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2010 - 11:02 PM

Thanks, OP. I had bought the regular copy back in early April for $42, but I really enjoyed the game and always wanted the extra stuff that came with the LE, so I just flipped my regular copy on Amazon ($17.25) to pay $13ish for this copy. Considering that I had the initial game a month after launch (and played through the game twice, taking it online several times), I'm fine paying $55 for the LE, all said and done. I should have it on Friday, so I can't wait to check out that steelbook, the leader cards, the graphic novel, and patch. I'll probably even use the dlc code for the Honor Guard Wraith, I just wish I could get a cheap code for the Warthog flames paint job.

Currently Playing:
:wiiu: Mario Kart 8
:3ds: Animal Crossing:New Leaf & Mario Golf: World Tour
:ds: Nothing
:360: Shinobi+Hanzo.jpg

#36 Doomed

Doomed

Posted 07 January 2010 - 01:12 AM

Damn good price for the LE. Anybody think keeping it sealed will ever lead to any profit? I heard the game isn't great.

Game is best/second best game on 360. :bouncy:

sig.gif

#37 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2010 - 02:34 AM

Not that it's saying much, but it's easily my favorite console RTS game ever...hands down...no doubt about it. I am massive fan of the genre, and I cannot begin to tell you how many console RTS games I have simply just given up on, because they simply don't translate well. So, rather than try to cram the complicated controls of a full-fledged RTS onto a game console controller, Ensemble broke the genre down into its simplest parts and mapped the game to the controller.

#38 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2010 - 01:06 AM

I ordered it yesterday and I got it today! Thanks again op! :whee:

#39 friedram

friedram

PC Game Box Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2010 - 01:48 PM

Thanks OP - free shipping (but there is TAX - just like there is tax for Amazon) - I had this in my temporary gamefly que (my free deal with gamefly ends early Feb and I'm canceling- monthly fee isn't worth it since I have a backlog of 100+ games.
Core i7, Rampage II Extreme, HAF case, 300 Gig 10,000 RPM drive, 2x 1.5 Terabyte secondary, 6 Gigs Tri-channel ram, ATI 5970 2GB Dual video card - graphics, 8800GTS for PhsX, Logitech G13 & G15 Logitech Z-680's

24 in Dell 2407FPW Ultrasharp™ Flat Panel Monitor Wide

WD-62827 : 62"
1080p DLP™ HDTV

http://www.mitsubish...ls.html?cid=133

#40 RolePlayer

RolePlayer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2010 - 02:39 PM

Looks like it's back up to $80. Shame.

Collection: Library of Role

Posted Image