Free Pixel Force: Left 4 Dead

ImLuhkee

CAGiversary!
I searched around the site and couldn't find this anywhere. I am sorry if anyone else already posted this. I tried it out and it was fun so I thought I would post this here.

A guy named Eric Ruth remade the original L4D into a free 8-Bit game.

Pixel Force: Left 4 Dead is a retro de-make of Valve's hit zombie killing masterpiece. Lovingly recreated in a fashion that would have been acceptable in 1986 for the Nintendo Entertainment System, this de-make stands as the flagship title of the upcoming Pixel Force series from Eric Ruth Games. Go alone, or invite a friend for 2 player co-op against the zombie apocalypse in all 4 of the original game campaigns. 2 difficulties and all 4 of the survivors make a glorious 8-bit appearence, complete with first and second tier weapons scattered along your path to escape. So, grab your controller of choice and kick back with an award-winning retro take on the end of the world with Pixel Force: Left 4 Dead.

SS_L4D1.jpg

SS_L4D2.jpg

SS_L4D3.jpg

http://sites.google.com/site/ericdavidruth/game-left4dead

There is also a Youtube video of the gameplay on the actual site.

UPDATE: If you are having trouble downloading, Cheko uploaded it to Megaupload.com
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=N2IV574P

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='raarar']I'm assuming it's PC only right? :([/QUOTE]

Yeah sadily it is PC only. I think it would have been totally enjoyable on the 360. That is one thing that could make the game better, using a controller.

Site says:

Bandwidth limit exceeded

We are sorry, but this site has exceeded its bandwidth limit at this time. Please try again later. For more information, see Google Sites help.

:( Oh well...definitely interested in checking this out though

[quote name='cheko']Does anyone know how to get or convert this into a rom?[/QUOTE]
It's not a NES game, it's a PC game made to look like an NES game. It is not and will never be an NES game or a rom.

[quote name='BitLooter']It's not a NES game, it's a PC game made to look like an NES game. It is not and will never be an NES game or a rom.[/QUOTE]

First off, i know its not a NES game, I am simply asking is there a way to make a rom version. Btw, it is possible to make this a rom. I have ran into many roms that are fan made; so unless you know about what you are talking about please keep your opinions to yourself.

anyway enough about that, those of you who need to use a controller on your pc with this or any other game, there is a freeware game controller profiler called Xpadder. You can assign keyboard keys to the buttons on a pc,ps2, 360 or whatever controller you own as long as you can a usb adapter and driver for it ....may i suggest the 360 usb controller which is the EZest because microsoft offers a free driver.

here is the link for Xpadder Controller profiler
http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Xpadder-Download-45445.html

here is the support page+ forums to get pix,FAQs and other cool addons
http://xpadder.com/

[quote name='cheko']First off, i know its not a NES game, I am simply asking is there a way to make a rom version. Btw, it is possible to make this a rom. I have ran into many roms that are fan made; so unless you know about what you are talking about please keep your opinions to yourself.[/QUOTE]
I do know what I am talking about, that's why I am telling you there will never be an actual NES version of this. To do so would require rewriting the entire game from scratch, in NES 6502 assembly - a skill only a handle of people even possess anymore. Of course it's possible to do that, but it's also possible to win an Olympic gold medal. It would require an enormous investment of time and effort, that very view people are willing to do. There are few, if any, homebrew NES games with this level of complexity and completion, for the very simple reason that almost nobody is going to spend 500+ hours building them when you could create it on the PC in a fraction of the time, with a much larger audience.

bread's done
Back