Trauma Center: New Blood (Wii) $12.99 + free shipping at Newegg

Kinda on the fence. I'm 9th in line on Goozex. It's 300 points ($15) and with tax, it's $14 for me ($13.90 to be exact). I enjoyed the first but got stuck on one part and kinda forgot about it.

Great game, great series. Can't wait for Trauma Team.

I personally thought Under the Knife 1/2 and the Phoenix Wright (along with the Layton series) make the DS worth owning.

Yeah, even though I HIGHLY recommend the Trauma Center games as some of the only stuff actually worth owning on the Wii, just know that the game gets hard fast. Especially those bonus/extra missions at the end of a chapter. I mean, when I started New blood, I had just beaten Second Opinion, which gets ridiculously hard towards the end (where one mistake can and will just mess your whole run up), and the difficulty of NB took me a bit by surprise.

In for one as well. I've been wanting a cheap copy of this for awhile.

And co-op mode is fun? Sounds like my cheapass needs to get a second Wii controller (why do they have to be so damn expensive?).

Co-op is practically mandatory for this game. The difficulty doesn't scale with the number of players, and the operations are still pretty darn tough with two people.

Wow, so its really that hard alone? I guess I will be playing co-op then.

Because nothing says romantic like virtual recreational surgeries performed by a married couple.

If this deal expires leaving people out in the cold PM me and I'll let my copy go for $13 shipped to the first person who responds. There's like a fingerprint on it, but otherwise everything is immaculate and it's all there.

[quote name='Gaming-Module']If this deal expires leaving people out in the cold PM me and I'll let my copy go for $13 shipped to the first person who responds. There's like a fingerprint on it, but otherwise everything is immaculate and it's all there.[/QUOTE]

You could wipe off the fingerprint with a microfiber cloth.

[quote name='rapsodist']You could wipe off the fingerprint with a microfiber cloth.[/QUOTE]

This made me smile for some reason!

[quote name='Spacepest']Wow, so its really that hard alone? I guess I will be playing co-op then.
[/QUOTE]

I really have no idea why there are many posts saying that co-op is necessary; I was able to finish the game alone on hard without any issues.

That said, there are three levels of difficulty that you can change on the fly, that is, before you begin each operation. It does help if you have prior experience with any of the Trauma- games, though I would say that New Blood certainly does a better job at explaining operations to you than in Second Opinion.

[quote name='Spacepest']
Because nothing says romantic like virtual recreational surgeries performed by a married couple.[/QUOTE]

Just keep your eyes away from Elena when the missus is with you and you'll be fine ;)

I beat the entire game except for the final X operation and the final Challenge operation by myself. Those are just bullshit.

Having not played it for over a year, I played it through with an equally fresh buddy and the game was easy as pie except for the bullshit healing touch activations in the final battle.

Imagine two guys gesticulating frantically to try to draw a star about 10 times each... and then we both hang our heads in disappointment at the terribly anticlimactic death of our patient.

That said, this is a fantastic game, improving on TC1 in almost every conceivable way.

I don't know how you guys are able to beat the game by yourselves. I play with my brother, and together we can't beat the game. I'm no expert gamer, but I beat ~30 games a year on normal, a few on hard. I just can't get past Trauma Center. Guess I don't have a steady enough hand for it.

I loved this series on the ds, but couldnt get the suturing to work properly on the Wii. That, and the fact that I have no one to co-op with made me give up fast.

The other Newegg thread linked in the original post stated some issues with resealed used copies being sent to customers. I've never ordered from newegg before; should I be concerned? Or are those just rare incidents?

i have ordered about 12 games from newegg and everyone has been sealed and in great shape. love doing buisness with them

Same here - nothing but great experiences with NewEgg. Everything has been as advertised, brand new.

I received mine. I guess the concern is that why is the game in heat shrink wrap instead of the y-fold? Are you guys getting y-fold or shrink wrapped game?

Mine is shrink wrap.

ah. reading some more on the newegg thread. Seems like it is the case for some others also.
guess now I have no issue with tearing the wrapping off now :)

Wow, that's a great price. I'd jump on it if I didn't have it already. I picked it up for $30 off a lightening deal from Amazon a couple years ago, and THAT was a good deal. You can easily get $13 of entertainment out of this game.

Just got my game today. No Y wrapping, but its shrink wrapped and looks new. No Club Nintendo codes...but I didn't think this game came with them anyways.

Oh yeah, this game also gets my vote for "most generic, unexciting, and boring looking front cover of the year" award. Seriously, its a game about doctors working in a trauma center. Couldn't you spice the cover art a bit more Atlus?

sorry to be noobish, but can someone elaborate on this shrink wrap ordeal? I never knew there were different kinds..I've just figured its either a) from manufacturer that way or b) wrapped by hand in a store via a shrink wrap roll, heater/slicer, and hair dryer.. what is Y wrapping??

bread's done
Back