CAGcast #183: Our Favorites of 2009; Everything Else Sucks

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 07 January 2010 - 12:34 PM

Cheapy, Wombat, and Shipwreck recount their favorite games of 2009. Surprises, laughs, and nausea await within!

Download - 109 minutes, 52MB
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Review us on iTunes!

Support the CAGcast with these GoDaddy coupon codes:
10% off any order = CAG10
$5 off $30 = CAG5OFF30
$6.95 domain = CAGDOMAIN

and a free Netfix trial!

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

Edited by CheapyD, 07 January 2010 - 01:28 PM.

#2 Orb01

Orb01

Posted 07 January 2010 - 01:31 PM

Downloading now, can't wait to listen to what these guys have to say about the past year. =)

#3 Swoxx

Swoxx

Resident Swede

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2010 - 01:33 PM

Im downloading aswell, time to get my fix, been too long!

Ok listening now, first comment: Shipwreck, why does Gerstmann have terrible taste in games? I can understand that you can disagree with him, i do aswell sometimes, but claiming that someone has bad taste is quite juvenile, He problably has different taste from you, that however does not make it bad. I find myself disagreeing with your opinion on games, i still enjoy hearing your thoughts and i don't think your taste is bad, just different, and diversity is great.

Edited by Swoxx, 07 January 2010 - 01:49 PM.

#4 fastdiver82

fastdiver82

Posted 07 January 2010 - 01:37 PM

Downloading :D, It's been WAY too long

#5 dios

dios

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2010 - 01:39 PM

Downloading, but im off to sleep. Will listen when i wake up ;p

#6 Kisses

Kisses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2010 - 02:04 PM

Finally. happy new year CAGs!

#7 muzras

muzras

I Can HAZ Club NintendoZ?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2010 - 02:16 PM

yay listeningz nao. :D
[cp][/cp]
PLZ TO B 2 Donate-s0rz... Thankz-s0rz ^_^ :D
CAGz are teh bestz. :grouphug:

#8 Frogurt.man

Frogurt.man

Posted 07 January 2010 - 02:31 PM

I am honored to be on the CAGcast Suck List of 2009. Thanks CheapyD.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:13 PM

Im downloading aswell, time to get my fix, been too long!

Ok listening now, first comment: Shipwreck, why does Gerstmann have terrible taste in games? I can understand that you can disagree with him, i do aswell sometimes, but claiming that someone has bad taste is quite juvenile, He problably has different taste from you, that however does not make it bad. I find myself disagreeing with your opinion on games, i still enjoy hearing your thoughts and i don't think your taste is bad, just different, and diversity is great.

I'm not sure why Jeff Gerstmann has terrible taste in games. That is a question only he can answer.

Spoiler

"Red-Headed Pain In The Ass" - Wombat
Posted Image

#10 mrangrypants

mrangrypants

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2010 - 05:38 PM

I'm not sure why Jeff Gerstmann has terrible taste in games. That is a question only he can answer.

Spoiler

You had a pretty good deadpan while you talked about bad taste in games.
Gordon's alive?!?!?

#11 Jest

Jest

Take this!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2010 - 05:40 PM

What game is Shipwreck talking about? The one he compares to Dragon Age. Website stream doesn't do rewind. Grr. Super-Programmer John can you do anything about that? ;)

#12 megaman1421

megaman1421

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2010 - 05:44 PM

I was about to go running at the beach but I decided to check if the CAGcast was up and boy am I glad I did. I always have to listen to them at work so this'll be cool not having to do that cause then I always forget what I want to comment on >:{
Posted Image

#13 mrangrypants

mrangrypants

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2010 - 06:02 PM

What game is Shipwreck talking about? The one he compares to Dragon Age. Website stream doesn't do rewind. Grr. Super-Programmer John can you do anything about that? ;)

Divinity 2
Gordon's alive?!?!?

#14 Swoxx

Swoxx

Resident Swede

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2010 - 06:04 PM

Spoiler

Hey, there's def nothing wrong with that buddy! years of internetz has just made me frown when people tell others thier opinion is bad as if somehow they think thiers is right, i guess the internet ruined me!

Anyways listened to the whole thing now, great show! the last 2 have been unusually extra awsome!

Cheers

#15 RanchLizard

RanchLizard

Need more time for games!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:14 PM

Wombat is a cheater! Fallout 3 doesn't count.

Thanks for the podcast. I like the informal "favorite" game chatter. Very few of us play everything, so it's good to hear people like us.

#16 JMEPO

JMEPO

Drakes Deception

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:42 PM

Wombat: And than when I moved I gained about 40lbs
Cheapy: That's a lot for a guy who's five foot two
Wombat: 5'6... Let's be realistic...

#17 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:10 PM

I will echo Cheapy's sentiments about Bayonetta. Pretty good game, but not a 9 or 10. You can skip the cutscenes, but my problem is that it's not simple to skip them. You have to press 3 buttons to skip them. My main gripes of the game are there's too much stuff on screen and somehow, someway, they made the camera worse than what is in Ninja Gaiden.

Also Cheapy and/or Shipwreck, I present to you a challenge. Play through a single chapter of Bayonetta with a Fight Stick. I guarantee you will be surprised with the results.

And to just to gloat, all Star Coins, all Shiny Stars in NSMBW for me, Shipwreck. Top that!

Edited by KingBroly, 07 January 2010 - 10:28 PM.

Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#18 SuxoR

SuxoR

What choice did I have?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:37 PM

Man it's been a while, kinda lost a bit of interest since it's been awhile but the last show got me right back in....download....NOW

1xz7eo.gif

#19 usickenme

usickenme

I'm the a-hole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2010 - 11:41 PM

Gatorade doesn't have that much sugar and G2 has even less.

Wombat- any exercise to go with that diet?

#20 sheppyboy2000

sheppyboy2000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:17 AM

Yay! Show feedback! Hooray!

First things first, congrats on reaching your Childs Play goal yet again, Cheapy and the many CAGS. [edit: words be ganked]

On the DS and PSP mentions... part of me wants to agree with you. I mean DS and PSP were not exactly on par with the bigger consoles, but that doesn't mean they sucked. 2009 had some great titles for both systems. It's just that you HAVE to be paying attention when they drop and with such a great year on the bigger consoles, we really had no chance to check in on the little guys.

And finally, about MAG. I can see why a lot of people hate it. But for me, it's drastically different. This is a PC ass game. Everything about it harkens to titles like Battlefield. It's not going after the MW2 crowd because, quite simply, COD has been a console centric franchise after the second one. MAG's biggest problem, as I see it, is being a PC game put on a console. Console shooters have been holding our hands for so long, a shooter that just kicks you out of a plane with a rifle, a dream, and a mission objective of "kick some ass, soldier" seems generic and plain. But considering the last game we've seen of this type has been Battlefield 2, it's long overdue.

But it's not for everyone. No doubt about that.

Edited by sheppyboy2000, 08 January 2010 - 03:47 AM.

#21 zekeike

zekeike

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2010 - 01:32 AM

Thanks for the shout out about MNR. I'll try to do a Shipwreck mod.

#22 sotc1988

sotc1988

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2010 - 01:36 AM

This was about as mediocre as a CAG end of the year list could be. That's not a knock against anyone, I know what I'm getting into when I listen to the cagcast at this point.
Some very interesting picks this year from everyone and I definitely appreciate the fact that Cheapy clarified that this wasn't the end all best of list but rather just his favorite games of 2009. I also noticed that Cheapy has pretty big issues with the integrity of game reviewers but maybe this could be a discussion on the next live show.
Steam ID: adamska2020

#23 mik

mik

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2010 - 01:49 AM

Wombat, dude, that diet sounds untenable. Instead of complicating things to that degree and denying yourself so many foods, why not just go with the math: eat less, exercise more? I promise that works.

I dropped 55 lbs. last year by simply bringing my daily calorie intake down and walking 40 minutes a day. I didn't deny myself any food that I love--I just made the trade-off. Eat a doughnut and you just lost 400 calories that you could have used on your dinner. Simple. No meat? No sugar? No bread? No fucking way.

Still, best of luck and I hope it works for you, mister.

#24 ChibiJosh

ChibiJosh

Posted 08 January 2010 - 02:42 AM

I thought MUA2 was a million times better than the first one. The original MUA's menus were the worst looking menus ever. I liked MUA2 characters having only 4 skills. It sucked to have to pick and chose 3 skills out of like 8 or 9 in the first one. Plus they replaced the super moves from MUA with the combos in MUA2 which was another vast improvement.
Posted Image
Games Completed '08 (32) - '09 (43) - '10 (48) - '11 (43) -'12 (15)
PS3 Trophy card:
Spoiler

#25 repete

repete

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2010 - 04:00 AM

great episode guys keep it up
Posted ImagePosted Image

#26 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2010 - 03:19 PM

You're all wrong. Lemon-lime is the best Gatorade flavor.

#27 FrankCastleAZ

FrankCastleAZ

AZHP Gaming Founder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2010 - 04:32 PM

Great CAGcast as usual. I was surprised about some of the 2009 pics but most of them I knew you guys would pick since I've been listening to the CAGcast all year.

Here's to a cheap ass 2010.

Woot!

-FrankCastleAZ
Posted Image
AZHP Gaming - Website - Facebook - Twitter - Google Plus -

#28 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2010 - 04:55 PM

Damn you, Shipwreck, for not playing Batman: AA! Get on it!:D

#29 Darza999

Darza999

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2010 - 05:29 PM

I want a copy of the spreadsheet.

#30 NutForest

NutForest

Posted 08 January 2010 - 07:12 PM

Listening now. Feeling so very great with a CAGcast again. Really made my week.
:cold: <3 The CAGcast and The instance <3 :hot:

Posted Image