Photo
- - - - -

Firefighter - $18 @ Amazon & at Walmart (UPDATED OP 1/15)

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#91 therpson

therpson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2010 - 04:34 PM

anyone remember that firefighting game on the SNES.... be nice if someone would remake that for a handheld

Oh the memories. I had forgotten that game.
Sig? Posted Image SIG?!

#92 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 12 January 2010 - 05:15 PM

I'm going to pick this up at some point as it sounds fun, and I'm not a Wii hater at all. FPS with Wii remote sounds like a win, especially since I'll be able to play it with my kids. Actually, I'll probably get this for my 8 year old's 9th, so in a few months. Is there any reason to believe that this is going to go out of print or do you expect there to be copies still available in a few months, meaning at $19.99? If I can hold off for a bit, that would certainly be better.

#93 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2010 - 07:57 PM

anyone remember that firefighting game on the SNES.... be nice if someone would remake that for a handheld

The Ignition Factor was the name ,,, just found it on ebay for around 12... too bad dont have room to hook the snes back up
WOOOO I STINK

#94 bobphone

bobphone

So what if I'm a gay man?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2010 - 10:23 PM

Did you guys get much inspiration from Rosco McQueen: Firefighter Extreme for the PSX? I'm actually curious if you even knew it existed. Did you look at all previous firefighting games before you started brainstorming for yours?

#95 sandmanzero

sandmanzero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 01:02 AM

As a hardcore gamer, I fully agree with what you're saying. I do appreciate the Wii for the games only the Wii could handle well (like Boom Blox), but I'd probably play more Wii games if they were on the 360.

As for porting, we'd be way too large for an XBLA game. It a TON easier to down-port a game than up-port, so to go from Wii to 360 is a very significant jump. In addition, we'd have to add a certain percentage of new content to go along with it. We've budgeted it out, and while it was reasonable, we'd rather make a sequel than rehash the original.

Up-porting a game is madness. A japanese company called Irem is finding that out the hard way on their new game "Poncotsu Roman Daikatsugeki Bumpy Trot 2". There hasn't been any news on that game since 2007.
Posted Image

#96 roland13x

roland13x

Insert something clever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 03:51 AM

I'm going to pick this up at some point as it sounds fun, and I'm not a Wii hater at all. FPS with Wii remote sounds like a win, especially since I'll be able to play it with my kids. Actually, I'll probably get this for my 8 year old's 9th, so in a few months. Is there any reason to believe that this is going to go out of print or do you expect there to be copies still available in a few months, meaning at $19.99? If I can hold off for a bit, that would certainly be better.

I really don't think it will be out of print anytime soon. We never expected the game to sell 100's of thousands of copies right away, but feel that it'll sell a decent amount month-to-month for quite a while.

Did you guys get much inspiration from Rosco McQueen: Firefighter Extreme for the PSX? I'm actually curious if you even knew it existed. Did you look at all previous firefighting games before you started brainstorming for yours?

Yeah, we pretty much played every firefighter-themed game we could find, and researched just about every other one we learned ever existed. There's actually an Activision Value first-person firefighter game on the PC that came out in the early 2000's. It was terrible, but we were surprised to find it after we started our game.

We also looked at games that had a robust fire system, namely Alone in the Dark and Far Cry 2. You can learn a lot from how others tackled similar problems....it's like a free iteration on your design!

#97 sgr76

sgr76

Talk it < Living it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 03:55 AM

Ok i have to ask: Was anyone else turned off by the dragon in the trailer?
Posted Image

#98 roland13x

roland13x

Insert something clever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 04:14 AM

Ok i have to ask: Was anyone else turned off by the dragon in the trailer?

I hate saying it over and over again, but damn do I hate that piece of crap "trailer" some jerk put together without our input. Bleh.

Anyway, the dragon isn't a "real" dragon, and fits within the story arch of the final mission. Over the top a bit? Sure, but it is a video game!

#99 djduke316

djduke316

Posted 13 January 2010 - 05:10 AM

I hate saying it over and over again, but damn do I hate that piece of crap "trailer" some jerk put together without our input. Bleh.

Anyway, the dragon isn't a "real" dragon, and fits within the story arch of the final mission. Over the top a bit? Sure, but it is a video game!

I'm sorry that I almost judged the game based on that video! Reading everyone's comments have definitely got me hyped to play this game. I can't wait to get paid!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#100 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 05:32 AM

Mine showed up earlier today, haven't had the chance to pop it in the Wii yet, though.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#101 supermodestmouse

supermodestmouse

Gotta Catch Em All!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 05:41 AM

i ordered it! i was training to be a fire fighter, but accepted a teaching job in the mean time (economy isn't helping any either). This should be fun!
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=224637

smiles are free, don't be stingy :lol:

#102 AEJustin1

AEJustin1

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 11:08 AM

I def plan on getting this one asap! Thanks for posting this up.

#103 Camwi

Camwi

Can I be a sasquatch too?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 07:04 PM

Finally scrounged up some cash and ordered a copy. Thanks, OP.

#104 roland13x

roland13x

Insert something clever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 07:35 PM

Finally scrounged up some cash and ordered a copy. Thanks, OP.

No, seriously, thank you guys!!!

#105 mrpogi23

mrpogi23

Posted 14 January 2010 - 03:01 AM

its sold out again!! demand cant keep up on amazon...

#106 roland13x

roland13x

Insert something clever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2010 - 03:29 AM

its sold out again!! demand cant keep up on amazon...

mrpogi, by the way, is one of Epicenter's environmental artists. And he's awesome in just about every way. Sorry for blowing your cover man!

#107 sadunk

sadunk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2010 - 06:36 AM

I played this at E3 and thought it was pretty fun. $20...... sure, I'll try it.

#108 Justin42

Justin42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2010 - 08:45 PM

Just went down to $17.96 on Amazon..