Korean version PS3/XBox 360 games

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 estofan

estofan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2010 - 02:00 PM

Does anyone know if the Korean version of PS3/XBox 360 games have full English in them all the time?

I sometimes see Korean versions being offered on sale at Play-Asia (for example, this week, PS3's Wolfenstein is only $19.90). I would buy one at that price but I don't want to end up with a game I can't enjoy because of language issues.

I tried emailing Play-Asia to ask but they don't know if it has English for sure or not.

Thanks!

#2 cheko

cheko

Support Our Troops

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2010 - 03:21 PM

usually it in the details under dialogue or language but best bet would be if you don't leave it be cause you'll end up regretting ....but that game should be cheap now try ebay

Posted Image

#3 megabadd

megabadd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2010 - 04:34 PM

Last time I bought a PS3 Korean game (Naruto) it only had Korean and Japanese.
Posted Image

#4 estofan

estofan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2010 - 02:55 AM

Thanks for the replies! I guess I better be safe than sorry than and not order it.

#5 dmonk

dmonk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:03 AM

I live in Korea but I have yet to buy any games here. I sometimes look at the Korean shops online and they are full price. I don't get it. Foreign websites like YesAsia or something sells Korean games much cheaper.

#6 dmonk

dmonk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2010 - 07:25 AM

Thanks for the replies! I guess I better be safe than sorry than and not order it.

Upon looking I can tell you for sure most games are in English and simply have Korean subtitles. Especially the ones made in Western countries.

#7 sogamer

sogamer

Posted 17 April 2010 - 10:41 AM

some games for example call of duty modernwarfare 2 korean version is just the same as usa version, but the manual is in korean~

#8 no2morro

no2morro

Posted 31 August 2010 - 06:51 AM

This thread looks dead, but I will try to help anyway.

Basically, it's case by case. I have Alpha Protocol and Wipeout HD (on disc), and both are Korean Version and both are ALL English. That said, not all games are like this.

I recommend you go to Yongsan and ASK before you by. The boxes say it on there, but its in Hangul (don't know if you can read it...I can't). They will tell you if you ask.

#9 brokenpavement

brokenpavement

Maracas Master

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2010 - 09:55 AM

Hey, I'm living in Korea now and like the people above stated it is a case by case scenario.

The games I own:

Tekken 6 - English version except for the manual
FIFA 11 - English version except for the manual (the online code doesn't work, though. Thanks again, EA..)
Condemned 2 - English version except for the manual
Super Street Fighter IV - English version except for the manual
Deadly Premonition - Japanese version with manual in Hangul

I hope this helps a little. If there is a certain title you are curious about, drop me a line and I'll see if I can find out.

#10 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:23 PM

Hey, I'm living in Korea now and like the people above stated it is a case by case scenario.

The games I own:

Tekken 6 - English version except for the manual
FIFA 11 - English version except for the manual (the online code doesn't work, though. Thanks again, EA..)
Condemned 2 - English version except for the manual
Super Street Fighter IV - English version except for the manual
Deadly Premonition - Japanese version with manual in Hangul

I hope this helps a little. If there is a certain title you are curious about, drop me a line and I'll see if I can find out.

Where in Korea? I am currently studying at Yonsei and learning to speak Korean. Decided to stay only 3 months instead of my original planned 6. However I will be back in Korea sometime next year. :)

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Lightning Returns :xb1: Madden 25, Dead Rising 3

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, :360: & :xb1: Halo:Spartan Assault

#11 Ninja Twin

Ninja Twin

✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 12:12 PM

I'm after Bioshock 1 Xbox 360 Korean version. Do you know any place online where I can order it? Thanks.

#12 starscream1101

starscream1101

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 12:44 PM

I'm after Bioshock 1 Xbox 360 Korean version. Do you know any place online where I can order it? Thanks.

Where are you located? I'm in Korea now, I may be able to dig it up...would take a little bit of time though...a couple of weeks maybe.

#13 Ninja Twin

Ninja Twin

✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:19 AM

Where are you located? I'm in Korea now, I may be able to dig it up...would take a little bit of time though...a couple of weeks maybe.

Edit: NVM..Picked up a bunch of em in Seoul.

Edited by Ninja Twin, 12 May 2013 - 10:00 AM.

#14 gutsahz

gutsahz

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:08 AM

Anyone in Korea that can assist me with a few games? ^-^