The 7th Annual Cheapy Awards - Vote and Win 1 of 2 $500 Amazon Gift Cards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Voting is now open for The 7th Annual Cheapy Awards, the only awards that recognize the best (and worst) in video game retail, nominated and voted by the Cheap Ass Gamers, the most knowledgeable video game shoppers in the world!

Please use our built in voting system (within the appropriate threads) in this forum. Placing your vote will automatically enter you in a raffle to win 1 of 2 $500 gift certificates from Amazon, last year's Best Online Retailer winner. The more categories you vote in, the greater your chances of winning. One account per person.

Anyone found creating multiple accounts will be permanently IP banned from CAG.

We have 3 new categories this year:
Best Game Trade-in Program
Best Used Game Retailer
Best CAG Blog

Do not post your votes in this thread!

Use the built-in voting system in the appropriate threads in this forum.

Previous winners:
1st Annual Cheapy Awards
2nd Annual Cheapy Awards
3rd Annual Cheapy Awards
4th Annual Cheapy Awards
5th Annual Cheapy Awards
6th Annual Cheapy Awards

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't seem to find the thread for Douchebag of the Year. Can I write in Hal Halpin and The ECA for this category?

Wait a second cheapy awards in January? wheres the procrastination? Should be at least March lol.

I think there should be a 'Worst Blog" category to go along with the "Best" one.

The first three links in the first post take you to the home page Cheapy. The thread or results for the Cheapy Awards doesn't show up.

Kind of surreal: I belong to a community of people who find deals on video games, and we recognize certain categories and give awards. Doesn't get more niche than that! :) (Although maybe if there was a group that clipped their left thumbnail every Wednesday while listening to reggae music or something.)

[quote name='hpv']I can't seem to find the thread for Douchebag of the Year. Can I write in Hal Halpin and The ECA for this category?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, a Most Notorious Deal or Worst Public Relations category would be nice. Though, the ECA obviously has that one in the bag. Funny thing is, the ECA Amazon deal could also get Best Deal. Combine the two and you get Most Ambivalent Deal. :)

It may be time to have a Best Direct Download Deal category. Between Steam, D2D, GOG, and most game consoles, direct downloads are growing dramatically. I know I bought more direct downloads last year than in all years prior combined.

[quote name='watcher0']It may be time to have a Best Direct Download Deal category. Between Steam, D2D, GOG, and most game consoles, direct downloads are growing dramatically. I know I bought more direct downloads last year than in all years prior combined.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Digital distribution stores need their own category, along with best digital download deal.

[quote name='Blackout']I think there should be a 'Worst Blog" category to go along with the "Best" one.[/QUOTE]

Or the weirdest/creepy/bizarre blog?

We have a best game value category.
How about a biggest game rip off category or worst game value category to along with that?

It would be interesting to see what CAGs consider to be the worst gaming "deals" and most memorable rip offs.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Shouldn't there be a Best B&M Customer Service thread to go with the Best Online Customer Service thread?[/QUOTE]

It doesn't make as much sense to me as customer service is more likely to vary from location to location.

[quote name='CheapyD']It doesn't make as much sense to me as customer service is more likely to vary from location to location.[/QUOTE]
Isn't that the whole point of these awards? People voting on which stores they had the best or worst experiences with, which always differs on a person to person, or location to location, basis?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Isn't that the whole point of these awards? People voting on which stores they had the best or worst experiences with, which always differs on a person to person, or location to location, basis?[/QUOTE]

Don't you think people are more likely to have a more uniform customer service experience from an online retailer as compared to the thousands of different retail locations every major store has?

[quote name='CheapyD']Don't you think people are more likely to have a more uniform customer service experience from an online retailer as compared to the thousands of different retail locations every major store has?[/QUOTE]
Maybe, maybe not. I've seens tons of posts about how bad Buy.com is and I've never had a problem whenever I've received anything from them. The shipping companies they use can be an issue since I hated anytime a site used, which varies by location and can drastically affect the condition a package arrives in or the hassle I'd have to go through to get it in my hands.

But still, you said the difference in locations made too much of a difference in experiences, so why have any B&M awards since everyone's location makes a difference in what they think is the best? Of course online retailers are on more even terms, but I'm not arguing against them.

[quote name='nakedninja']how do i vote?[/QUOTE]

Send them to: Attn: Accounting, ECA, 64 Danbury Road, Suite 700, Wilton, CT 06897-4406

But remember, if they aren't there a month before voting closes they will not count.

Wow this is my first cheapyD awards ceremony and Im hoping I get that amazon giftcard Im going to buy a nice turntable and a few Blink-182,Afi and At the Drive-In records and maybe one game which will be Over the hedge for ps2. I wonder who will win I just finishing voting XD.

ECA probably gave us some of the most memorable deal with Amazon...

Odd how what was once considered a blessing turned into a nightmare for most of us. Shame, really.

Anyone ever had a month where all 3 your next-gen systems go bad within a week of each other litterally? My 360 died on me last month shortly after Christmas, then Wii right after New Years, and now my launch 60GB PS3...Ugh!!! I was laid off work back in last September, so $500 Amazon.com giftcard would really help me out...Cheapy help!!!

I finished voting and it got me thinking about the past couple of days dealing with EAstore.com. They canceled my order for Dante's Inferno "inadvertently." The account management sucks and the customer service is inept. Just saying, they will get my recommendation for worst anything/everything next time.

Hi there-

I saw the warning about multiple accounts- but my wife is a gamer also- will we get in trouble for having both our accounts from the same IP if I get her to register and vote in this poll?

I'm asking because I'd hate to be banned from CAG. I haven't posted much (ok haven't posted at all- *yet*) but I avidly followed the thread about the Steam holiday sale and I plan to participate more when I'm actually doing more shopping.

Anyway, just thought I'd ask, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back