Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction preorder @ Amazon for $51.99

Nice find,but I tink I'll still go for the CE at gamestop...god I wish we got the same CE as EU did...

Nice. What's better about the CE? 51.99 will be hard to pass up, especially with the $10 credit from BioShock 2...

I'm going to lock-in the price on that. I've had the CE pre-ordered for months, but I've never really seen a list of what it contains (that's official, at least), so if nothing pops up, I'll just fall back on the regular edition.

Edit: Actually, it seems I locked in the CE when it was $69.99, and now it's $79.99. I think I'll just keep it and use some VGC to bring it down to normal retail. Thanks anyway though, OP.

I haven't played any other Splinter Cell games but all the coverage had me pretty excited; I ended up buying Double Agent awhile back and Chaos Theory recently. I think it's time to actually try out the series while I can still cancel...

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']I'm going to lock-in the price on that. I've had the CE pre-ordered for months, but I've never really seen a list of what it contains (that's official, at least), so if nothing pops up, I'll just fall back on the regular edition.

Edit: Actually, it seems I locked in the CE when it was $69.99, and now it's $79.99. I think I'll just keep it and use some VGC to bring it down to normal retail. Thanks anyway though, OP.[/QUOTE]

I would have to second that I havent seen a place where you can beat this price at all

Keep in mind if they add a $10 credit later on during the preorder period you'll keep this price and get the $10 credit.

Just a heads up, but this got delayed AGAIN today. No official date other than April was given. Wonder if this is due to the (can't believe I'm saying this) busy schedule of Feb/March or just typical Ubisoft.

[quote name='Jodou']Just a heads up, but this got delayed AGAIN today. No official date other than April was given. Wonder if this is due to the (can't believe I'm saying this) busy schedule of Feb/March or just typical Ubisoft.[/QUOTE]
NO! Really looking forward to this game, sucks it was delayed again. Now I get to decide between Bioshock 2 and Heavy Rain for the month of February.

I think I will lock this prce in because I really like and and I feel it is justified besides the fact for hating that is weakness and truth

[quote name='Jodou']Just a heads up, but this got delayed AGAIN today. No official date other than April was given. Wonder if this is due to the (can't believe I'm saying this) busy schedule of Feb/March or just typical Ubisoft.[/QUOTE]

From what I understood from articles about it, it was a financial decision. Probably coupled with the success of Assassin's Creed II and how well it's continuing to sell, they bumped it back to give ACII enough ample market time to sell units so that they can "meet their financial targets." By April, ACII sales will more than likely be falling (since they expect 9 million copies to be sold by March - WOW), and then Splinter Cell will hit the market. Don't want the two competing with one another on the shelves.

My 30% off preorder adjusted to this, so my preorder is now $36.40 :) I don't want to be buying too many games in the coming months, so I don't mind the delay much.

[quote name='mrcheapo11']My 30% off preorder adjusted to this, so my preorder is now $36.40 :) I don't want to be buying too many games in the coming months, so I don't mind the delay much.[/QUOTE]

What 30%?

[quote name='Brother Daz']I have a question, if I pre-order this now, would I be able to apply the $10 promo from ME2 once I get it?[/QUOTE]

u can call or email the most awesome cs in the world to let them apply it for u

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']What 30%?[/QUOTE]
From when ECA was decent.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Cool, I was basicly making sure I wouldnt need to cancel and re-order to apply that promo, $42....SOLD![/QUOTE]
Beware, I think this may be hit and miss. I know people have reported it working and not working, but personally, they did not apply my credit from MW2 and Brutal Legend to an existing preorder, saying it was not possible.

[quote name='mrcheapo11']
Beware, I think this may be hit and miss. I know people have reported it working and not working, but personally, they did not apply my credit from MW2 and Brutal Legend to an existing preorder, saying it was not possible.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I have had them apply it before and I was also denied before too.

Also, Ubisoft announced today that the release date for this game has been pushed back to a tentative 'April 2010' if not later date. Amazon has not changed their date yet, but it is confirmed to be delayed yet again.

[quote name='zeb06']Yeah, I have had them apply it before and I was also denied before too.

Also, Ubisoft announced today that the release date for this game has been pushed back to a tentative 'April 2010' if not later date. Amazon has not changed their date yet, but it is confirmed to be delayed yet again.[/QUOTE]

Amazon is sometimes pretty late with updating the delays. I have the new Castlevania on pre-order because I had it in my Gold Box when ECA was still valid. It didn't change the January 6th, 2010 release date until January 6.

Good price, but I'll have to wait for Gamefly to ship it out to me so I should be playing this sometime next year :)

What the hell, why not. I'll cancel it later on if I still have a ton of games in my backlog whenever this finally comes out. $52 is a damn good price for a brand new game. I usually get my orders 2 days after I buy them too on Super Saver. Too good to pass up right now.

Hopefully they'll throw a $10 credit in there eventually, too.

[quote name='Shadowguitar']Grrr, I dislike the amount of delays this game has had. I think I'll preorder it a bit later.[/QUOTE]

While I agree about the "Grr" and not liking all the delays, but at least Amazon has that pre-order price guarantee. :)

Also this is a Ubisoft game, which means that the game will drop to $40 within a few months to those who can wait (ie. Assassin's Creed 2.) So that's what i'm waiting for.

I saw this on the Gamestop.com deal of the day:

Purchase Splinter Cell: Conviction and receive free overnight shipping and a GameStop exclusive in-game gun!
spop_step1.gif

Add Splinter Cell: Conviction to your cart.
spop_step2.gif

Enter coupon code SPLINTER into the coupon code box on your shopping cart page.
Note: Only one code allowed per checkout.
spop_step3.gif

Proceed to checkout as normal and select USA Overnight as your shipping method. Your discount will be applied at checkout!

TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Terms of offer subject to change at any time. No dealers or resellers, please. This offer is available online only while supplies last. Valid only on orders shipping within the continental US. Expires 03/05/10 at 11 am CST.

http://www.gamestop.com/thedeal

bread's done
Back