Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

Official Microsoft Points and Xbox Live subscriptions Deal Thread - Read rules in OP!

• Please log in to reply
2841 replies to this topic

#91 caldazar

caldazar

RiderOnAPaleHorse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2010 - 11:39 PM

Do you have to pay with paypal to get the bing cashback?

I didn't see anything indicating I needed to - guess I'll see :D

#92 cRodz

cRodz

Lead Chimp Ass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2010 - 11:50 PM

having read this entire thread, i love the turn around time from this thread being a general consensus 'fuckING AWFUL IDEA' to everyone thinking it's one of the most necessary additions to the CAG forum in years.

for the record, i am of the opinion that this thread rules, even if they aren't on sale often. and i just might have to bite on the 12 month-er at walmart. thanks op!

i ,for one, welcome our new thread dedicated to deals on ms xbl/points cards

Now, if only, this thread also merges psn cards... :roll:

also yes!

you need Paypal for Bing Cashback to work.
Make sure you use your same paypal email to registed to bing. i am not sure if that is necessary but it is best. my paypal email is the same as my bing email and i have always gotten the cashback.

#93 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2010 - 03:19 AM

12 month messenger kit is back down to $60 again at Amazon.

#94 JGON85

JGON85

Posted 20 January 2010 - 07:08 AM

In for 1 from walmart.com. 15% bing cashback through Sponsered Link.

Hint: search for "Sony HDTV" to have the 15% link appear

#95 Fjordson

Fjordson

Posted 20 January 2010 - 07:28 AM

Got in for $30 for 12 months from Amazon through ravenz7's link. Thanks.

#96 DemonGamer24

DemonGamer24

Sniper, no sniping!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2010 - 10:27 AM

I got a great suggestion, which I'm surprised hasn't been brought up.

You should put the date that you update the first post in the topic title so that people that aren't constantly checking this thread can tell when something changes.

#97 phantasyx

phantasyx

Posted 20 January 2010 - 10:44 AM

CML for Live time, Also have the new wireless "N" Routers for $80 Shipped

#98 heavynova

heavynova

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2010 - 01:13 PM

I understand what the masses are saying: a thread for one (or perhaps a handful) of specific product seems pointless--especially with the relative infrequency of deals on said product.

Still, I have looked for a deal on this specific item a few times; would have been nice to have this tool.

If the OP is going to keep this thread rolling, this is a good idea. Thanks, OP!!! :applause:

#99 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2010 - 01:25 PM

I got a great suggestion, which I'm surprised hasn't been brought up.

You should put the date that you update the first post in the topic title so that people that aren't constantly checking this thread can tell when something changes.

Excellent idea.

#100 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2010 - 01:45 PM

Idea: Make this thread for all point cards.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#101 Zimmy

Zimmy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2010 - 01:49 PM

Does anyone know a way to check when your current subscription ends, online?
I have been on the Xbox live site and see nothing.
Posted Image

#102 SuperSonic X 316

SuperSonic X 316

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2010 - 02:21 PM

On the top right corner, hit the green arrow thing that's next to "My Xbox" and you'll get a drop down box; go to "My Account" and look under Membership Level.

#103 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 20 January 2010 - 02:39 PM

It's been mentioned, but I'll mention it again because its an even better deal then amazon's was, at least if you are willing to stop at Walmart. You can get 12 months of live for $30, but also get 15% Bing Cashback, making the after rebate price $25.50 with free ship-to-store. There is no tax either, incidentally, at least I paid none. Search for HDTV at bing.com and click the 15% cashback at Walmart link. You can then search for anything at walmart and get 15% cashback in 60 days.

Crunchewy.png

#104 dmzauk

dmzauk

The Cat Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2010 - 04:53 PM

It's been mentioned, but I'll mention it again because its an even better deal then amazon's was, at least if you are willing to stop at Walmart. You can get 12 months of live for $30, but also get 15% Bing Cashback, making the after rebate price $25.50 with free ship-to-store. There is no tax either, incidentally, at least I paid none. Search for HDTV at bing.com and click the 15% cashback at Walmart link. You can then search for anything at walmart and get 15% cashback in 60 days.

Do you have to use Paypal for the Bing cashback or can you use any credit card?

Thanks

#105 cRodz

cRodz

Lead Chimp Ass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2010 - 05:07 PM

Thanks

yes!

Make sure you use your same paypal email to registed to bing. i am not sure if that is necessary but it is best. my paypal email is the same as my bing email and i have always gotten the cashback.

#106 zippybox

zippybox

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2010 - 06:24 PM

Thanks

Any credit card can be used as I've received Bing cashback without using Paypal.

#107 Digital Idiot

Digital Idiot

User has been disabled.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2010 - 06:26 PM

yes!

Actually that's incorrect.

For "Quick Cashback" you need a Paypal account in good standing, and you have to pay with Paypal to the BCB Merchant. Not all BCB merchants support Quick Cashback.

For normal Cashback Rewards, you do not require a Paypal account. You can redeem your Cashback Rewards the following ways:

PayPal account

AmazonPayments

Bank account

Paper check

Go to Settings, and then Reward Methods tab on your Bing Shopping page to set up the Reward redemption method that you like best.

#108 Zimmy

Zimmy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2010 - 07:22 PM

On the top right corner, hit the green arrow thing that's next to "My Xbox" and you'll get a drop down box; go to "My Account" and look under Membership Level.

Thanks!
I looked all over for it and it was right in front of my face.
Posted Image

#109 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 20 January 2010 - 08:14 PM

I believe the paypal requirement is only with Ebay. On ebay you have to pay with paypal and it has to be buy-it-now, but neither applies to walmart. Probably not other retailers either, but don't quote me on it.

Anyone know if we are likely to see a better deal on Microsoft Points then approx.. 77 cents per $1 of points, which is what you pay, after cashback, via their current 4000 point card price ($45) with 15% Bing cashback?

Crunchewy.png

#110 raiser

raiser

CAG-Zombie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2010 - 11:40 PM

I would like to see this thread meet the following criteria:
1) stickied.
2) include all membership/points cards for all consoles.
3) auto updates.

On point number 3, how hard would it be for someone to write a script that polls the major online retailer sites for their current price and updates the first post when there is a change? These items never change SKU or MSRP, are in high demand, and frequently go on sale. Not something I could do, but... anyone?

#111 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2010 - 12:40 AM

You guys can stop asking for this thread to include all consoles. It ain't gonna happen.:D

#112 NewYorkelite

NewYorkelite

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2010 - 03:37 AM

You should update the dates. Just as a minor convinience to those who are waiting on deals to be posted.

#113 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2010 - 01:47 PM

Prices are current as of 7:46AM CST today. I will begin adding dates next to links when prices change.

Also, Amazon has black and white controllers for $30 right now. Good deal if you need an extra.

#114 uglyteradon

uglyteradon

CAG-tastrophe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2010 - 02:22 PM

I don't know why I had thought the 12 Months Cards were 30 dollars in store at Wal-Mart but I went there yesterday after work. Although it was full price the bizarre thing was it was taxed, which kind of made me chuckle as I slinked away from the register and told them "No thanks."

Shipping to the store will, apparently, take two weeks.

#115 ShardZ

ShardZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:05 PM

I would like to see this thread meet the following criteria:
1) stickied.

Definitely!

#116 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:27 PM

I don't know why I had thought the 12 Months Cards were 30 dollars in store at Wal-Mart but I went there yesterday after work. Although it was full price the bizarre thing was it was taxed, which kind of made me chuckle as I slinked away from the register and told them "No thanks."

Shipping to the store will, apparently, take two weeks.

That's what it said for me, but I got notification that it's at the store today. I ordered a few days ago.

Crunchewy.png

#117 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:32 PM

12-month gold messenger kit dropped another $1 on Amazon.

#118 mdawg957

mdawg957

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2010 - 01:48 PM

The link for the 12 month card at Amazon is bad in the first post (it hasn't changed price though).

Should point to http://www.amazon.co...heapassgam08-20

#119 llcooljunr

llcooljunr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2010 - 09:27 PM

Any new updates on the point cards? I see alot of updates for the subscription car.ds

#120 CheapAssAsian

CheapAssAsian

Go WildCAGs!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2010 - 02:15 AM

yes i need a good cheap pointscard too!