Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

Official Microsoft Points and Xbox Live subscriptions Deal Thread - Read rules in OP!

• Please log in to reply
2841 replies to this topic

#2131 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:41 PM

Yeah, but... it's finally happening?

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#2132 angelfly

angelfly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:42 PM

Good or bad?

http://www.g4tv.com/...crosoft-points/

http://news.cnet.com...=news&tag=title

The only reason I like the points system is because of exploitable contests where I can get them for free. I personally would prefer to just pay directly through paypal rather than using paypal to purchase points and then using those points to buy what I want. It's gets rid the annoying problem of having useless amounts of points leftover. Ideally they should have both as an option.
Posted Image

#2133 eXciter1

eXciter1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:44 PM

I like Bing points, let's talk about it.

#2134 JaTaN

JaTaN

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:33 PM

1yr live for $35, only have a couple hrs: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=329873

#2135 hufferstl

hufferstl

Get your symbols kid

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:39 PM

Jatan's buy/ebay deal is sold out.

The old bridge used to be called the new bridge.

card.png

#2136 XF Gator

XF Gator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:14 AM

What's with the flood of 14 day trial codes on eBay? There must be some promotion out there giving them away, but I bought 2 for $1.09/ea.

They probably expire at the end of Nov or December and don't stack.

#2137 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:14 AM

I believe you can use the code SQRLUVIO at Amazon to get $2 off 400 MS Points codes right now, making them $3 instead of $5.

Source: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330064

Edit: Dead already. :(

Edited by eastx, 15 October 2012 - 06:37 AM.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

Twitch: EastXTwitch - Watch my streams Saturday nights at 8pm Central and win prizes!

#2138 Theros

Theros

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:28 AM

I believe you can use the code SQRLUVIO at Amazon to get $2 off 400 MS Points codes right now, making them $3 instead of $5.

Source: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330064

Just tried this on http://www.amazon.co...e/dp/B008J35KS2 and it didn't work. Got a "This code is not valid" error.

#2139 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:38 AM

Just tried this on http://www.amazon.co...e/dp/B008J35KS2 and it didn't work. Got a "This code is not valid" error.

That sucks. It was working just a couple of hours ago, but looks like it's dead now.

-Paul Acevedo

Twitch: EastXTwitch - Watch my streams Saturday nights at 8pm Central and win prizes!

#2140 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:01 PM

I need more points. Deal needed. :) Not that questionable one. Looking for legit deals. Come on buy.com/ebay!

Crunchewy.png

#2141 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:04 PM

I need more points. Deal needed. :) Not that questionable one. Looking for legit deals. Come on buy.com/ebay!

Tiger direct has 12 month cards $29.99 AR $45 before. You can also get 7% fat wallet cash back.

Edit Nm I misread thought you were looking for a sub

#2142 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:55 AM

Newegg has 1600 points cards for $18.99 with free shipping.

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16874103259

Kinda want a couple, seems like they never go on sale anymore aside from a rare ebay deal which I always miss due to being at work

#2143 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:02 AM

Newegg has 1600 points cards for $18.99 with free shipping.

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16874103259

Kinda want a couple, seems like they never go on sale anymore aside from a rare ebay deal which I always miss due to being at work

A $1 discount? How is that even considered a deal?

#2144 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:22 AM

A $1 discount? How is that even considered a deal?

Because it's better than paying $19.99. :booty:

-Paul Acevedo

#2145 SevereTireDamage

SevereTireDamage

Broken-$$$$ed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:30 AM

The good card deals that come by run out so fast - when you need to get one right away even $1 or $2 off is better than full MSRP. Or, take the risk with shady ebay resellers.

#2146 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:33 AM

Don't have an Xbox and didn't read too much into it. For those who don't check the FREE section of this site. 400 free MSP through Facebook: http://www.cheapassg...67#post10057267

Read through the thread!

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#2147 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:34 AM

Because it's better than paying $19.99. :booty:

+1

A dollar off is still a dollar off. You want to pay a dollar more? Go for it. It's not a good deal, but it's a deal nonetheless.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#2148 angelfly

angelfly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:36 AM

Don't have an Xbox and didn't read too much into it. For those who don't check the FREE section of this site. 400 free MSP through Facebook: http://www.cheapassg...67#post10057267

Read through the thread!

It's dead
Posted Image

#2149 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:46 AM

It's dead

Oh dang. That was fast! Probably from people getting 5 and 10 codes! Did you get 1?

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#2150 angelfly

angelfly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:51 AM

Oh dang. That was fast! Probably from people getting 5 and 10 codes! Did you get 1?

Nope, but that's since I don't use facebook and didn't want to bother making a fake account. But plenty of people managed to get codes.
Posted Image

#2151 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:58 AM

Nope, but that's since I don't use facebook and didn't want to bother making a fake account. But plenty of people managed to get codes.

I have 240 MSP points from a Dance Central game. It say it's for songs, but people in that other thread are using a 'songs code' for other things, it seems. So I don't know if song codes are only for songs or if they're 240 points for whatever. You want it?

#2152 angelfly

angelfly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:01 AM

I have 240 MSP points from a Dance Central game. It say it's for songs, but people in that other thread are using a 'songs code' for other things, it seems. So I don't know if song codes are only for songs or if they're 240 points for whatever. You want it?

Nah that's okay. It's just points that you redeem in order to purchase a song so whether you spend it on the a song or not is up to you.
Posted Image

#2153 vantheman

vantheman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:02 AM

Those dance central codes are expired. At least the ones form dance central 2 are. The ones form the first one are still good actually. lol eitheir way I would take it ;)

#2154 Blade

Blade

Butt Blamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:17 AM

I'm still able to do it, but I might get lucky every ten refreshes. Fortunately it happened while some items I wanted were still on sale.

Oops. Looks like I can't connect at all now. Oh well, at least I got the two games I wanted.
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#2155 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:28 AM

Those dance central codes are expired. At least the ones form dance central 2 are. The ones form the first one are still good actually. lol eitheir way I would take it ;)

It came from the first Dance Central packaging. Check your PM. Let me know if it works!

#2156 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:49 AM

Any good deals on 12 month cards/codes?

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#2157 Marauder7

Marauder7

FF14 Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:39 PM

What's the going rate for a 12 month and 1 month now? Found 1 x 12 Month and 12 x 1 month Live Cards while cleaning up my drawer. Is there an experation date?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2158 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:36 PM

Ebay daily deal. http://www.ebay.com/...n-/400329212672

Get it while it's hot!

-Paul Acevedo

#2159 JaTaN

JaTaN

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:45 PM

Jump on that eBay auction ASAP -- they usually sell out within 1-1.5 hrs

45 mins in and alrdy 1000+ sold

#2160 TXboxGuY

TXboxGuY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:15 PM

What's the going rate for a 12 month and 1 month now? Found 1 x 12 Month and 12 x 1 month Live Cards while cleaning up my drawer. Is there an experation date?

Usually there is not. In my own experience I have been able to redeem a 48-hour trial CARD which displayed an expiration date of 2007 -- years later in 2009.

Input the number into your console where, after verifying, you are given the option of Redeem Now or Cancel.

$35 - $40 for the 12-month card and about $5 or less for each of the 1-months.