Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

Official Microsoft Points and Xbox Live subscriptions Deal Thread - Read rules in OP!

• Please log in to reply
2840 replies to this topic

#2251 Hunter Hybrid

Hunter Hybrid

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:21 PM

I just bought 5 more at the Target in Hackensack NJ. I have to stop myself from buying more or else I'm gonna go broke lol.

Btw this time I went they rung up $10 right away, no override needed!

#2252 akilshohen

akilshohen

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:25 PM

Went back in after reading this and having no success. Saw the one in the ads on the shelf. I grabbed the 12 I saw in gaming, because I had a 5% off pharmacy coupon that I used with my target debit card to get 10% off total. So happy. Gonna buy L4D2 and the first Sonic racing title.

#2253 Manifest95

Manifest95

Every Dollar Counts!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:27 PM

I just bought 5 more at the Target in Hackensack NJ. I have to stop myself from buying more or else I'm gonna go broke lol.

Btw this time I went they rung up $10 right away, no override needed!

Nice, I'm about a half hour away from that one. Might run by the one over in Rockaway first then head down if I cant find anything. Only need a couple and Ive been getting lucky with deals while shopping late today.

Thanks for the heads up!
Posted Image

#2254 tava84

tava84

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:29 PM

Microsoft store has the 3 month XBL Gold for $10.99 right now. Online code

#2255 daemissary

daemissary

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:30 PM

I bought 8 of them earlier and I just checked my bag and Target gave me a coupon for $10 off a $100 purchase. Thinking of going back and just picking up 10 more.

#2256 PetriesLastWord

PetriesLastWord

Reeking of Awesomeness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:34 PM

Target in Clay, NY had plenty that were overlooked up front, not on the 1st registers but on the ones closer to the door. None with the right code but they price reduced them no problem. Bought 10. May go back for more.
Posted Image

#2257 ScottBigGame

ScottBigGame

CAG 4-Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:41 PM

This morning I went to my local target in warrington, pa and they would only sell the ones in the picture from the ad for $10. I got 4 there. Later I stopped in the one in montgomerville, pa and they only had the regular ones near the ceckout line and those rang up for $10 without override. I guess its store by store. In total I got 10. Great day.
Posted Image

#2258 akmgmer

akmgmer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:44 PM

Bought 5 for myself about an hour and a half ago at my Target. They scanned at the ten dollar price and I figure those will last me a long time. Wouldn't have tried to go if I hadn't read this thread. Thanks everyone!

76561197977258746.pngAddFriend.png 

Spoiler

#2259 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:45 PM

Last year Lord of the Rings, this year MS Points. Target just can't do a Black Friday without screwing up. I love it.

#2260 WilliamG

WilliamG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:46 PM

If anyone is feeling generous and wants to grab some while they're out. I'd love a few, and would happily paypal you. :)
www.bighugenerd.com

#2261 JBLAZEisaCAG

JBLAZEisaCAG

Deal seeker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:52 PM

Heck of a black friday for me, went to 2 targets and both were completely out of 1600 cards. Went to 3 Walmarts to try and get the price matched. 2 of them turned me away with various excuses. 3 one was the charm. Picked up 7

#2262 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:58 PM

I was able to get FIVE at my TARGET. The cashier did a manual override. I just said "you ad said these are $10". She didn't even look and just changed. Now, she was either cool and trusted me OR already processed the same transaction. The people in the gaming section were useless...telling me that these points were different than the ones in the ad.

#2263 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:11 PM

That is where my wife just bought a bunch a few hours ago. She said there were a lot left in the check out lanes. They wouldn't price adjust for you?

Didn't think to look at the registers and was in a rush to take the GF her dinner at work so didn't try to fight for a adjustment. Glad I saw the post now i'll head back on my way home and look up front and show them the ad.

I just self scanned the 4 variations in electronics: 2 white with avatar, gears and mw3 IIRC.

#2264 NeedMoreMoney

NeedMoreMoney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:16 PM

At my Target the entire electronics section was out of 1600 Point cards and 3 Month XBL Subscription cards. However, there were probably close to 100 1600 point cards up front next to all the registers. HOWEVER, all of the 1600 point cards appeared to be the same (1600 in big writing in middle with small female avatar on bottom right) and multiple attempts at different cards rang up as $19.99.

The cashier, who was nice and on her 4th day, pulled out the ad and saw that it showed $10. She called over her manager of cashiers, who said the ad was for regular Xbox and not Xbox LIVE. I told them there is no more regular Xbox and they are the same item and they both laughed embarrassed. Then she got on her headset, and contacted her manager. I could hear him say that only the specific design in the ad is available for $10 and that Microsoft shipped those specific cards for the deal and they are sold out now. Obviously, that could be true and makes sense, but from what I am reading on here, I don't believe it. Anyways, wasn't worth putting up a fight and wasting more of my time since the bar/alcohol is more important than Xbox Live cards to save a couple bucks.

#2265 Cephiros

Cephiros

Faux Dancer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:19 PM

I wonder if Target is catching on about this pricing error? Because all 20 of mine had the same UPC and the female avatar in the lower right corner. I believe I got all these around 11am PST.

Cephiros503.png

Cephiros.jpg

#2266 NeedMoreMoney

NeedMoreMoney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:22 PM

My post above was attempted at 4:55-5 PM, about 15-20 minutes before my post.

#2267 lordrex217

lordrex217

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:22 PM

the target in Woburn, MA had hundreds of cards left. There were about 20 in the electronics department and each check out lane had about 30-50. they will all ring up at $20, but if you tell them to check the ad, then they will adjust the price (or send you to customer service who will adjust the price as well).

#2268 nnthomas

nnthomas

meeble meeble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:29 PM

I wonder if Target is catching on about this pricing error? Because all 20 of mine had the same UPC and the female avatar in the lower right corner. I believe I got all these around 11am PST.

Price error?
Posted Image

#2269 Gurren Lagann

Gurren Lagann

Walking Nuke

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:34 PM

Anyone know if BBY will PM these?
Posted Image

#2270 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:38 PM

the target in Woburn, MA had hundreds of cards left. There were about 20 in the electronics department and each check out lane had about 30-50. they will all ring up at $20, but if you tell them to check the ad, then they will adjust the price (or send you to customer service who will adjust the price as well).

Tried this, but they just told me that only certain cards were $10 and they sold out of those. They tried selling me 3 Months of Gold for $10, claiming it was their replacement, but I wasn't having that so just said forget it and left.

EDIT: Tried at the games section, the front registers, and the CS desk. Even had the ad each time. Strangest part was that I was there two hours earlier and they did a manual price override no problem on the two I bought. Just wanted to stop home, grab some lunch, and pick up my gift card before going to pick up three more later.

#2271 akilshohen

akilshohen

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:41 PM

Price error?

They keep trying to say it was an error and that the 3 month cards were supposed to be shown instead... but they haven't really issued a price correction.

#2272 joshjoshwhite

joshjoshwhite

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:50 PM

Hey, the Wal-Mart in Lincolnton, NC did a price match for me on 10 1600 point cards. I had to get them to do the cards in transactions of 5 at a time, but it went through without a hitch. I just showed the guy at the counter the Target ad, no problems. If anyone is actually in that area (I'm on vacation, actually), there were at least 30 cards still in stock when I left.

Also, when I went to the closest Target (Hickory, NC), the 5 cards left rang up as $10 at the counter without me even needing to show the ad or do any price change. The cards I got were the exact look as in the ad itself.

#2273 themixmaster

themixmaster

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:50 PM

I stopped at the Marlborough, MA Target on my way home from work.

Checked out the electronics department and it was ravished. Headed back towards the front checkouts, and like other posters have said, there were a good 100-150 left, spread across the checkout lanes. Ii dug around and finally found a copy of the ad in case I needed it.

Fortunately, the four that I picked out (all the old style with the female avatar in the bottom right) all rang out at $10 apiece. Couldn't have been easier!

#2274 WilliamG

WilliamG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:54 PM

Managed to get some at Target. Definitely a door buster sale. It's dead now. Manager did an override for me, though, because I called beforehand to ask price and was told incorrectly that it was $10.
www.bighugenerd.com

#2275 RPGamer246

RPGamer246

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:06 PM

Walked into Walmart with a physical Ad, found the identical looking cards at the gift card stand And they price matched at customer service with no hassle, was in and out in 10 minutes

#2276 PhQTwo

PhQTwo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:07 PM

They keep trying to say it was an error and that the 3 month cards were supposed to be shown instead... but they haven't really issued a price correction.

It is an error. Target.com has the BF ad and the 1600 point card has been replaced with the 3 mo Live card as of yesterday. Plus there was a pic somewhere around here where the ad correction was printed in the paper.

Edit: Found it under Cheapy's BF sticky thread http://i.imgur.com/r7Qba.jpg

I have a feeling they forgot to change the price in their POS system and couldn't change it back until someone came back in to work today from corporate (assuming their POS is a global system and not updated on the store level) so that is why they are starting to ring up at $19.99 now. Or corporate got out a memo today to the stores to change it in their POS, or corporate sent it out earlier in the week and some stores saw it and changed it back and some stores didn't. Who knows.

#2277 Tuxedo38

Tuxedo38

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:11 PM

I grabbed a couple from Target. The ones I purchased rang up for $19.99, but the cashier price-checked them to $10 apiece. He said the new ones were the only ones that were ringing up at the $10 price, the older ones were still the normal price. Mine had a girl avatar in the bottom corner, not sure if other cashiers will do this, so if those are the only cards still available it's YMMV.

#2278 akilshohen

akilshohen

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:12 PM

It is an error. Target.com has the BF ad and the 1600 point card has been replaced with the 3 mo Live card as of yesterday. Plus there was a pic somewhere around here where the ad correction was printed in the paper.

Edit: Found it under Cheapy's BF sticky thread http://i.imgur.com/r7Qba.jpg

Yeah, but instore the ad shows the 1600 pts right up front and it was a list of corrections upfront that didn't include the cards at the one I was at. They also rung up at $10 when I tried. They just got away with saying it's the one in the pic, those were rare.

#2279 PhQTwo

PhQTwo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:17 PM

Yeah, but instore the ad shows the 1600 pts right up front and it was a list of corrections upfront that didn't include the cards at the one I was at. They also rung up at $10 when I tried. They just got away with saying it's the one in the pic, those were rare.

Agreed (see my updated post), if they made the mistake of posting the incorrect ad and did not post an ad correction in the store then they would have to match the price. But they would only have to match the style of cards that are displayed in the ads.

#2280 Motodisney

Motodisney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:18 PM

My local Wal Mart had the exact ones in the pic so the cashier priced matched it since i had the target ad with me. That was a lucky break, she tried 3x finally had to just ring up 5 at once so she just did 2 transactions for me. The manager had to come over and void the first 2x she tried since she rang them all up at once but patience paid off finally.