Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

Official Microsoft Points and Xbox Live subscriptions Deal Thread - Read rules in OP!

• Please log in to reply
2841 replies to this topic

#2551 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me SeƱor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:43 PM

Is the newegg 1200 MSP deal for $12(I believe) dead?

#2552 SangesTheLurker

SangesTheLurker

This is good, right? I mean, it doesn't suck...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:58 PM

Is the newegg 1200 MSP deal for $12(I believe) dead?

It's in the Points "Archive" Spoilertag showing that it expired yesterday, and I just signed-in at NewEgg to make doubley-sure; yeah, it's dead.

25u01gl.gif
I think I may have a problem...

#2553 Deathdenial

Deathdenial

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:34 AM

So have anyone shop at rakuten before? What would happen say if your card arrived and it was not activated / claimed? >.< Haven't shop at rakuten before sorry :booty:

#2554 SangesTheLurker

SangesTheLurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:34 AM

So have anyone shop at rakuten before? What would happen say if your card arrived and it was not activated / claimed? >.< Haven't shop at rakuten before sorry :booty:

As it says, Buy.com became Rakuten. In another thread, someone mentioned that Rakuten is big enough in its home country to be compared to Amazon. Also? When you make a purchase, your transaction is covered by Google--a prompt comes up as soon as you confirm your order asking if you'd like to have your purchases covered by them and after agreeing, you get a confirmation from Google via email.

Many of the third-party sellers have high ratings, it's just like Amazon's third-party seller's market in that respect. They all have their own return policies and usually there's an umbrella policy covered by Buy.com/Rakuten on top of that.

25u01gl.gif

#2555 SangesTheLurker

SangesTheLurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:12 AM

Bunch of rather-bland 12-month gold deals known for this week added to the OP. Still waiting for Best Buy to get there shite together on their site (as usual), this time with the Gears:Judgement Pass extra-400pt deal--deja vu, anyone?--there's supposed to be details for the promo but it leads to a 404 page; way to be, Best Buy.

25u01gl.gif

#2556 SangesTheLurker

SangesTheLurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:39 AM

$20 for 2000pts; Gears of War: Judgement Season Pass promos have finally arrived. Deets added to the OP.

25u01gl.gif

#2557 SangesTheLurker

SangesTheLurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:03 PM

Best Buy is running a surprise Easter Day ONLY sale, bonus 400pts with a bunch of point cards--but if you don't use their individually unique links, you don't see/get the bonus. Deals & links are in the OP (as usual), the best deal is obviously the 1600pt card + bonus for $19.99, I listed them in order of best value to worst (that 4k card is downright miserable, but still a deal technically).

25u01gl.gif

#2558 Zexy

Zexy

I know I'm sexy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:39 PM

I'm in for 2x 1600 for $40 with an additional 800 points than a 4000 for $50 with an additional 400 points
Nice post!
Question: These 400 bonus points deal online only or can it purchased in-store

#2559 SangesTheLurker

SangesTheLurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:28 PM

I'm in for 2x 1600 for $40 with an additional 800 points than a 4000 for $50 with an additional 400 points
Nice post!
Question: These 400 bonus points deal online only or can it purchased in-store

Seeing as how Best Buy isn't opened today, perhaps this is best worried about if the bonus holds-over for more than just today, yeah? :booty:

25u01gl.gif

#2560 captaincold

captaincold

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:27 PM

I ordered two of the 1600 point cards and one of the orders got cancelled because apparently you can only order one per household.

Anyways, they sent me the bonus 400 point code about 1 hour after i ordered.
Good deal.

#2561 aeonus

aeonus

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:45 PM

I ordered two of the 1600 point cards and one of the orders got cancelled because apparently you can only order one per household.

Anyways, they sent me the bonus 400 point code about 1 hour after i ordered.
Good deal.

Interesting. Last week I had no trouble ordering two. I think I had to make two separate orders.

#2562 Deezul

Deezul

Go Jackets!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:56 PM

I was going to hold off since I'm not really in need of points, but I received an email from BB Reward Zone of a $10 bonus certificate that I had to use by 4/1. 2000 points for $10? A no-brainer now... :)
[URL="http://zaamit.com/content/gamercards.aspx"]Posted Image[/URL]

http://gamercard.xbo...Deezul AwT.card
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2563 silverrat23

silverrat23

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:36 PM

With the points cards on Best buy (1600+400), do they email you? I'm scared it'll ship the physical card.

#2564 Deezul

Deezul

Go Jackets!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:06 AM

With the points cards on Best buy (1600+400), do they email you? I'm scared it'll ship the physical card.

400 point card is digital, 1600 point card is physical. So you're either going to have to do in-store pickup or get it shipped.
[URL="http://zaamit.com/content/gamercards.aspx"]Posted Image[/URL]

http://gamercard.xbo...Deezul AwT.card
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2565 silverrat23

silverrat23

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:46 AM

400 point card is digital, 1600 point card is physical. So you're either going to have to do in-store pickup or get it shipped.

Garrgg! Better off getting them off ebay, oh well...

#2566 SangesTheLurker

SangesTheLurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:25 PM

Garrgg! Better off getting them off ebay, oh well...

I thought it kind of goes without saying when it says "card" that means you're getting a physical XBL card.

Don't be scared, bro. It only takes a week-or-so to get a card shipped. If you urgently need points, then I guess this isn't a decent deal... but why turn to ebay? If anything, in dire straits, and you neeeeeeed points, why not turn to Amazon...? At least that's reliable, and from the search I just did on ebay, about the same rate.

25u01gl.gif

#2567 NineH

NineH

I </3 Brenda H

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:36 PM

Interesting. Last week I had no trouble ordering two. I think I had to make two separate orders.

This must be a recent thing since the Best Buy clearance event I was able to order 2 rayman origins but then the week later when Prototype 2 was 5 bucks, they canceled my second order. I guess they are catching on with the multiple orders people tend to make.
SSBB FC: 4468-0666-6336

#2568 SangesTheLurker

SangesTheLurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:46 PM

Woot, 1600pt cards are back in-stock for shipping. Ordered a second one, no problems for me. Even earned some Discover cashback--granted probably two bucks, but money is money. :D

25u01gl.gif

#2569 monstericreated

monstericreated

merkin' snitches

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:07 PM

Any deals on subscriptions?
Posted Image

Grateful for female avatar codes to beef up my wardrobe! :bouncy:

#2570 S0DA POPINSKI

S0DA POPINSKI

Cagasaurus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:32 AM

http://www.rakuten.c.../223400383.html

$44.99 free shipping 12 month rakuten

#2571 SangesTheLurker

SangesTheLurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:51 PM

Any deals on subscriptions?

http://www.rakuten.c.../223400383.html

$44.99 free shipping 12 month rakuten

Starting today and running until 4/17, that same page now offers a $10-discount if you use V.me as payment (the new Visa-sponsored PayPal rival--and no, you don't need a Visa to use V.me).

Will update the OP a little later, I'm not doing so hot this week. :headache:

25u01gl.gif

#2572 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:35 PM

Man, I was broke last week and now there aren't any Points deals when I need some. Such painful timing.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

Twitch: EastXTwitch - Watch my streams Saturday nights at 8pm Central and win prizes!

#2573 Lord_Zath

Lord_Zath

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:35 PM

I ordered points from Best Buy on Sunday and all went fine. In store pickup only. Give it a try, eastx.

#2574 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:38 PM

I ordered points from Best Buy on Sunday and all went fine. In store pickup only. Give it a try, eastx.

Glad it went well for you. But that deal's not dead now?

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

Twitch: EastXTwitch - Watch my streams Saturday nights at 8pm Central and win prizes!

#2575 SangesTheLurker

SangesTheLurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:19 AM

Alright, OPs appropriately strikethru'd and aforementioned V.me promotional price on Rakuten has been added, absolutely nothing going on elsewhile--which sucks. Half the reason I waited to update was in hopes that something would turn-up by Tuesday but tis not to be this week, and the other reason was this massive sinus infection I've been fighting since Sunday night (these Upstate NY drastic weather changes can go shaq-fu themselves).

As soon as I saw Fred Meyers I thought, 'this must be Cornelius,' sure enough. :lol:

25u01gl.gif

#2576 Rockinjs

Rockinjs

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:45 PM

Just to throw this out there since it isn't any deals on XBL I have a year of gold for $35 via amazon payment

Edit: just seen the buy.com deal in the OP I still have it for sale though if anyone wants to get it from a fellow CAG instead :)

#2577 SangesTheLurker

SangesTheLurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:55 PM

Got an email from Groupon offering 12-months of Gold for the un-spectacular price of $45 (and maybe tax -- not NY though so maybe just CA?) for those very desperate and don't want to sign up for V.me; frankly though, in the two-three weeks it'll take to get this in the mail, there'll probably be a better price pop-up.

25u01gl.gif

#2578 SangesTheLurker

SangesTheLurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:01 AM

Slapped up the vague deets in the OP about the Gears: Judgement Season Pass with bonus points, will update tomorrow when a real link is given and everything is confirmed. (Man, this card is like a bad penny lately, but that's good since it's been about the only consistent deal for over a month--aside from last week... which felt like a forever-long drought for some reason.)

Hooray for having a deal on points again! \\:D/

25u01gl.gif

#2579 jtron

jtron

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:13 PM

I was able to buy 1600+400 microsoft points from Best Buy shipped. This link worked for me
https://deals.bestbu...ent season pass

#2580 Felder71

Felder71

I am Iron Gland!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:19 PM

This link probably works better for most:

http://www.bestbuy.c...50024&lp=1&cp=1
Posted Image