Pirate Blast Gun Bundle (Wii) - $9.95 SHIPPED, used, GameDealDaily.com 9/13

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1959 replies to this topic

#1441 JSP

JSP

Return to my Roots

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2010 - 11:33 PM

Has anyone done the Xbox Grab Bag deal that's up in the OP? What did you get?
Posted Image

where scoob

#1442 DanteWarrior

DanteWarrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2010 - 04:24 AM

My first order with this site did not go very well.
I bought Brothers in Arms CE . The USPS site shows that it was delivered but I never got it.
Never happened to me with USPS before & I buy frequently from ebay & Amazon.

Just wondering if anyone has any such issues in past & what is the best way to approach USPS in this case.

My only grudge here with gamedealdaily is that they should have provided my shipment tracking details when it was actually shipped.
And not more than a week after it was supposedly delivered

#1443 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2010 - 04:44 AM

My first order with this site did not go very well.
I bought Brothers in Arms CE . The USPS site shows that it was delivered but I never got it.
Never happened to me with USPS before & I buy frequently from ebay & Amazon.

Just wondering if anyone has any such issues in past & what is the best way to approach USPS in this case.

My only grudge here with gamedealdaily is that they should have provided my shipment tracking details when it was actually shipped.
And not more than a week after it was supposedly delivered

Something similar happened to me with an Amazon fulfilled order and UPS. It showed up the next day. I think it's an error on the delivery.

#1444 DrUnkAgAIn

DrUnkAgAIn

I like money.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2010 - 04:49 AM

I'm still waiting on my copy of Brothers in Arms CE.

#1445 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2010 - 05:25 AM

What are you exporting to with these codes? GH5?
Posted Image
Waiting for: WRC 2010 and WRC 2 and WRC 3:cry:
Now playing:
:360: Forza Horizon, Halo Series
:wii: Collecting Dust
:ps3: Collecting Dust
:pc: Diablo 3, Walking Dead
When I'm not watching Grimm and Firefly on Hulu.

#1446 OnyxPrimal

OnyxPrimal

Chocolate Goodness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2010 - 06:48 AM

I don't think Metallica exports.

It does as of GH6 that just came out and according too the GH website you can export from Metallica to GH5.

What are you exporting to with these codes? GH5?

GH5, GH6, or Band Hero as far as I'm aware.

#1447 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2010 - 07:36 AM

It does as of GH6 that just came out and according too the GH website you can export from Metallica to GH5.

Interesting. Apparently you can generate a free import code here until 10/12/10 for GH6: http://hub.guitarher...etallicaimport/

I guess that will save some people the licensing fee. I wonder if that free import code is good for GH5 too.

#1448 drfrielgood

drfrielgood

www.gamedealdaily.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2010 - 05:11 PM

Running the grab bag deal on PS2 and XBox games for anyone that missed them the first time around. We're pretty low on the XBox games, so this will probably be the end of them right here.
Visit www.gamedealdaily.com for our daily deal as well as low prices on video games and accessories!

#1449 sherisdoppel

sherisdoppel

The Eye in Shadow

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2010 - 05:13 PM

I want to grab on Xbox grab bags but I've heard too much of horrible things on this website so I'm gonna pass.
whitespace

#1450 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2010 - 05:23 PM

Both of the grab bags are tempting, but I feel like I own all the PS2 staples I'd be willing to play, and I'm afraid the Xbox games I'd get wouldn't be backwards compatible. D: Still considering both, though.

#1451 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2010 - 07:17 PM

I still never got my Gamecube grab bag (that said shipped last weds)

should of been here by now
WOOOO I STINK

#1452 tokitoki50

tokitoki50

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2010 - 07:25 PM

I haven't received my gamecube grab bag yet either which was bought on the 27th.
=======================================
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

"Well I'm sorry that after a WHOLE hour of work I like to unwind with a burger and a crack pipe"

#1453 CreepinDeth

CreepinDeth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2010 - 07:33 PM

I received my GC grab bag either Saturday or Friday (They were in my mailbox Saturday but didn't check Friday.)

Still need to try them out to see if they work.

#1454 drfrielgood

drfrielgood

www.gamedealdaily.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2010 - 07:56 PM

All Gamecube grab bags were shipped between Wednesday and Friday, so they'll be arriving any day now if you haven't received your order yet.
Visit www.gamedealdaily.com for our daily deal as well as low prices on video games and accessories!

#1455 mastere333

mastere333

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:18 PM

I received my 2 gamecube grab bags today. Got 6 great games: zelda: tp, zelda ww, animal crossing, smash brothers, mario sunshine, and mario strikers. However, there is a slight problem.....not a single one of them works! All of them except for zelda: tp will boot up, but as soon as they are booted up I get a disc read error. Zelda tp will not even boot up.....guess I need to send a pm.

#1456 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:26 PM

Last time i bought a grab bag that was said these games should work I had the follwing issues:

7 games were obvious bootlegs that didnt work for shit.
3 cracked games but the promo said none of them were going to be cracked.
5 severely gouged games that wouldnt play for shit.

If you buy from this clown, you have been warned. You get what you deserve.
Posted Image

i added a link to more wang pics.

#1457 LXL_Guy

LXL_Guy

Oathkeeper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2010 - 10:27 PM

Boy, with all these reports of games now working...doubt I'll ever place an order. Then again seller does put up disclaimer that some might now work if I recall correctly.

#1458 DavidDayton

DavidDayton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2010 - 10:47 PM

Well, this is interesting...

I received:

Super Smash Bros. Melee
Zelda Collection
Bloody Roar

Only one of them works. Make a wild guess as to which one.

I guess I'll try to contact the doc via PM. I mean, I do like receiving Melee and Collection - but when neither one works, I fear I'll end up with a $15 grab bag worth $2.95 in actual working games.

Edited by DavidDayton, 04 October 2010 - 11:04 PM.
Silly error on my part...

#1459 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2010 - 10:59 PM

For all of you reporting unreadable GC disks, have you tried playing them on a Wii? My Gamecube has gotten to the point where it only reads almost pristine games, so Gamecube age may be a problem.

#1460 DavidDayton

DavidDayton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:01 PM

For all of you reporting unreadable GC disks, have you tried playing them on a Wii? My Gamecube has gotten to the point where it only reads almost pristine games, so Gamecube age may be a problem.

Oh, trust me, it's not that -- they fail on the Wii -and- the GameCube. Both give system "Disk Error" messages.

#1461 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:08 PM

I just got my grab bag. I received:

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Mario Power Tennis
Sonic Adventure 2: Battle

Mario Power Tennis and Sonic play great, but Twilight Princess looks like it was run over. I cleaned it up and whenever I tried it in my Gamecube it spins endlessly, when in my Wii it actually made my Wii shut itself off and I had to fight to get it out. I am not trying it in my system again and will probably not deal with GDD again unless they have something I think I just have to have.

#1462 Dro43X

Dro43X

Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:47 PM

Just got my 2 GC orders in and haven't tested them yet on a Wii. Got pretty much the same selection as others have posted, had 5 out of the 6 already =/

Here is what they did on my Game Cube:

Zelda: TP (Didn't work - Doesn't even tell me Disk Read Error)
Zelda: WW (OK - Seemed to work)
Mario Sunshine (Didn't work - Gave Disk Read Error in-game)
SSB:Melee (OK - Seemed to work)
Animal Crossing (Didn't work - Gave Disk Read Error before launching game - Has a Crack)
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle (OK - Seemed to work)

So about 50% success at best, assuming the working ones don't run into a problem somewhere else.
If they work on Wii I might give em to my Nephews as an Xmas present I guess.

Probably done with grab bags. I don't know what to do with the disks that don't work and the odds of me getting something I would want and don't have isn't as good as I thought it could be. PS2 was better variety, but much worse success rate.

#1463 rawrker

rawrker

Supreme Llama Tickler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2010 - 01:04 AM

Well I received my gamecube grab bags today:

Zelda Twilight Princess: Well scratched but I think I can fix it since nothing is deep
Super Mario Strikers: Doesn't work, grim crap in the center
Mega Man X Collection: Fairly scratched but works
Animal Crossing: Some grim but works
Pokemon Colosseum: Grim but works
Super Smash Bros Melee: Grummy but works

The games I got are pretty awesome choices and I had none of them besides Zelda and almost all worked though the cosmetic levels leave much to be desired. Can't complain too much as others seemed to have it much worse. If the condition was better, these grabbags would be epic given the choices sent out. Thanks again Dr. Friel.

Anyone know how to remove the bloody grim from the center of cds? I know a lot of the used titles I got from gamestop.com love coming that way too.

Edited by rawrker, 05 October 2010 - 02:07 AM.

#1464 mcdaking84

mcdaking84

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2010 - 01:06 AM

None of them work for me either. I'm done with this crappy site, they're a fraud

#1465 JSP

JSP

Return to my Roots

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2010 - 01:06 AM

Damn, I would have been happy with any of those GC bags...had they worked.
Posted Image

where scoob

#1466 Sushi7065

Sushi7065

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2010 - 01:58 AM

Got Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Melee, and the Ocarina of Time limited edition disc.

Sonic works like a charm. Melee... I had a problem or two with; but I think with some cleaning it'll come out just fine.

It's the Ocarina of Time disc that looks like it got chewed on by a jaguar. Honestly, I can't even use it as a frisbee it's that beat-up.

I really liked the idea. I really did. The choices in games have been nothing but superb, from what I can tell in this thread... however, the conditions they've been sent in is nothing short of ridiculous.

I'm not sure really what to do... should I PM and plead my case?

#1467 McKillington

McKillington

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 05 October 2010 - 02:31 AM

Well, this is probably the only way my Xbox is going to see any new games, with my GameStop being fresh out and the only store that would trade them shutting down for good....
Temptation...temptation...

#1468 drfrielgood

drfrielgood

www.gamedealdaily.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2010 - 03:23 AM

From reports that I've received about the Gamecube grab bags, they seem to have a bit of a higher defect rate than the XBox and PS2 discs. I think part of this comes from the fact that they're harder to clean. I paid nearly $2 apiece to have these professionally cleaned, so it's annoying to hear that some of them are still in rough shape. If we run the Gamecube bags again, I'm going to filter out the discs that show heavy damage such as the Zelda disc described a few posts up.

If you received your grab bag and nothing worked, I'm willing to work with you to make it right. But please remember that these are grab bags of loose game discs. It was stated in the description that not all discs are going to work. If you got 2 out of 3 to work, you got what was advertised. These discs were sold at less than 20% of Gamestop prices, so even with a 66% success rate you're coming out ahead by a good amount. Ideally, the working discs would be evenly distributed among customers - but that's impossible with the random nature of grab bags.

#1469 JSP

JSP

Return to my Roots

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2010 - 03:25 AM

This happening once is one thing, but this is the third or fourth time people have done the grab bags and reported getting tons of unplayable games.
Posted Image

where scoob

#1470 Cmosfm

Cmosfm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2010 - 03:52 AM

From reports that I've received about the Gamecube grab bags, they seem to have a bit of a higher defect rate than the XBox and PS2 discs. I think part of this comes from the fact that they're harder to clean. I paid nearly $2 apiece to have these professionally cleaned, so it's annoying to hear that some of them are still in rough shape. If we run the Gamecube bags again, I'm going to filter out the discs that show heavy damage such as the Zelda disc described a few posts up.

If you received your grab bag and nothing worked, I'm willing to work with you to make it right. But please remember that these are grab bags of loose game discs. It was stated in the description that not all discs are going to work. If you got 2 out of 3 to work, you got what was advertised. These discs were sold at less than 20% of Gamestop prices, so even with a 66% success rate you're coming out ahead by a good amount. Ideally, the working discs would be evenly distributed among customers - but that's impossible with the random nature of grab bags.

You justify selling broken games by stating that they are cheaper than Gamestop and then hide behind a disclaimer? But hey, at least SOME of them work right!? Who cares if it's mostly the crappy ones no one wants to play...cheaper than Gamestop, right!?

You argue that people come out ahead, but not when they only have 1 working game out of 3. The price they spent on one working disc-only game at random, they could have went to said Gamestop and picked out a game they actually wanted to play.

This isn't the first time that GameDealDaily.com has pulled some back-alley shady dealings around here, and it won't be the last, I'll be happy on the day you aren't allowed to advertise here anymore.