#1561 cRodz

cRodz

Lead Chimp Ass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2010 - 12:24 AM

and this is bad for us how?
Do you have shares on GDD?
or is this a SBA forum too?

The CAG Deals forums goal is to offer you the best deals around.
if the Doctor feels he has a deal everyday, he can post his deals every day.
People can choose and not buy or buy two, one for themselves and the other for someone else.

This doesnt mean that he should "forget" to include the shipping price on the thread or the title.
Of course, he somehow "forgets" and doesnt put it in either field.

You are a consumer. Start acting like one.

#1562 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2010 - 12:54 AM

I don't think there's a need to be facetious about it. He's never claimed to "forget" to add shipping. He's admitted a number of times, including a page back, that he feels he gets more traffic this way. If you feel it's wrong, contact the mods and Cheapy. People claim they have, and nothing has been done. So, either they don't feel anything is wrong, or as a number of you have claimed, he is paying Cheapy. Either way, he's gonna continue doing it.

As far as the deal goes, as someone else mentioned, the headset really isn't that good. I actually picked it up by itself from GDD way back, probably around the time they started. I think I paid like $10 total, so it was definitely worth it, but at this point, they are better options for those looking for a cheap BT headset.

#1563 Guest_eastshore4_*

Guest_eastshore4_*

Posted 14 October 2010 - 12:56 AM

I mean, isn't drfrielgood a longtime CAG or something? I thought that was how he got this gig, but it's like he thinks we're just joe schmo game buyer, another faceless consumer suitable for "maximum profit" sales tactics, such as oft-discussed unmentioned shipping.

I used to feel compelled to stick up for him (and I still sorta do because he does get his share of whine-and-dash comments), but I'm pretty pissed at how badly I was burned on the gamecube deal, plus there's some other stuff that stacked up and made me question the whole scheme of things here. Some listings have had to be edited by the mods because of deceptive wording (there was a 3rd party harddrive issue not too long ago), and the deals in general seem to just be really exotic: asian imports, new games without cover art, frankenstein collections, etc. Now these usually aren't terrible deals, but at the same time it just doesn't seem like it's worthy of a daily plug here on CAG. Most of the deals come with an asterisk, and the ones that don't are usually met with replies of "well that's fine and dandy, but it's only a buck or two more through (AAA store)"

#1564 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2010 - 01:08 AM

I mean, isn't drfrielgood a longtime CAG or something? I thought that was how he got this gig, but it's like he thinks we're just joe schmo game buyer, another faceless consumer suitable for "maximum profit" sales tactics, such as oft-discussed unmentioned shipping.

I used to feel compelled to stick up for him (and I still sorta do because he does get his share of whine-and-dash comments), but I'm pretty pissed at how badly I was burned on the gamecube deal, plus there's some other stuff that stacked up and made me question the whole scheme of things here. Some listings have had to be edited by the mods because of deceptive wording (there was a 3rd party harddrive issue not too long ago), and the deals in general seem to just be really exotic: asian imports, new games without cover art, frankenstein collections, etc. Now these usually aren't terrible deals, but at the same time it just doesn't seem like it's worthy of a daily plug here on CAG. Most of the deals come with an asterisk, and the ones that don't are usually met with replies of "well that's fine and dandy, but it's only a buck or two more through (AAA store)"

The bolded part is why I still come into the thread often and throw in my two cents. As I've said a number of times, there are a lot of legitimate complaints, but a lot of it seems to be people just looking to bust balls. If you look at some of the most active negative posters in the thread, many of them have never once said they bought something from him or had an actual problem. It's just "their service sucks" or "such-and-such product is shady." To me, that's childish.

I do agree that many of his deals lately are not that great and can be found for a few more bucks at more reliable sites. I do like some of the "exotic" things, though, especially when they can be had at great prices. $45 shipped for a newly released game isn't bad, if you can live with slightly different cover art or a foreign language instruction book. Personally, I'm a little OCD-ish, so I hold off on them, especially now with so many games coming with packed-in DLC that could potentially not work in certain regions or whatever.

#1565 hendrickfan24

hendrickfan24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2010 - 01:11 AM

eww used bluethooth headset, GROSS

#1566 King J Gatz

King J Gatz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2010 - 02:12 AM

and this is bad for us how?
Do you have shares on GDD?
or is this a SBA forum too?

The CAG Deals forums goal is to offer you the best deals around.
if the Doctor feels he has a deal everyday, he can post his deals every day.
People can choose and not buy or buy two, one for themselves and the other for someone else.

This doesnt mean that he should "forget" to include the shipping price on the thread or the title.
Of course, he somehow "forgets" and doesnt put it in either field.

You are a consumer. Start acting like one.

OWNED!!!! hahahaha
Michigan Snowgoon

#1567 Buddyroe333

Buddyroe333

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2010 - 02:52 AM

Hey, quick question... I bought the Band Hero Export code on Monday... it says they start shipping Monday... not sure if that means the following week or what. How long does it generally take for the codes to be e-mailed out? (if anyone else has ever bought any from here)

EDITED - Nevermind... later that night drfrielgood e-mailed me my code :-)

Edited by Buddyroe333, 15 October 2010 - 05:57 AM.

#1568 drfrielgood

drfrielgood

www.gamedealdaily.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2010 - 06:27 AM

eww used bluethooth headset, GROSS

Should've clarified this much sooner:

The bluetooth headsets are NOT used, just the game.
Visit www.gamedealdaily.com for our daily deal as well as low prices on video games and accessories!

#1569 drfrielgood

drfrielgood

www.gamedealdaily.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2010 - 10:08 PM

Updated with today's deal on Batman Arkham Asylum for PS3.
Visit www.gamedealdaily.com for our daily deal as well as low prices on video games and accessories!

#1570 Jay

Jay

Free and Fearless

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2010 - 10:24 PM

Batman Arkham Asylum (PS3)
Condition: Used
Subtotal: $ 19.95
Shipping: $ 4.99
Total: $ 24.94

You can get a used copy at gamestop.com for 22.67 with coupons cag16 and saver.
http://www.gamestop....aspx?sku=930307

#1571 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 14 October 2010 - 10:38 PM

Batman Arkham Asylum (PS3)
Condition: Used
Subtotal: $ 19.95
Shipping: $ 4.99
Total: $ 24.94

You can get a used copy at gamestop.com for 22.67 with coupons cag16 and saver.
http://www.gamestop....aspx?sku=930307

Don't forget to add that GS has CREDIBLE and RELIABLE customer service as well.
Posted Image

i added a link to more wang pics.

#1572 rawrker

rawrker

Supreme Llama Tickler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2010 - 11:14 PM

Don't forget gamestop.com's habbit of selling mutilated discs and generic casing without instructions!! Then spending gas money to go down to a B&M to exchange it, if they have copies that weren't abused by whoever traded them in.

#1573 rawrker

rawrker

Supreme Llama Tickler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2010 - 11:20 PM

I don't think there's a need to be facetious about it. He's never claimed to "forget" to add shipping. He's admitted a number of times, including a page back, that he feels he gets more traffic this way. If you feel it's wrong, contact the mods and Cheapy. People claim they have, and nothing has been done. So, either they don't feel anything is wrong, or as a number of you have claimed, he is paying Cheapy. Either way, he's gonna continue doing it.

As far as the deal goes, as someone else mentioned, the headset really isn't that good. I actually picked it up by itself from GDD way back, probably around the time they started. I think I paid like $10 total, so it was definitely worth it, but at this point, they are better options for those looking for a cheap BT headset.

Agreed and don't forget...people who complain the most should already know that the prices displayed don't include shipping yet they act surprised every time. When some other threads list prices like gogamer.com they are never included with shipping or tax. This isn't any different.

#1574 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2010 - 11:46 PM

Seriously?

#1575 romodome

romodome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2010 - 01:54 AM

Seriously?

Yes, seriously. I can WALK into a gamestop and get another copy if they send a great copy and dont they only send complete copies. If I wee to get a mutilated copy, I just walk into a gamestop (who doesnt work/live near one) and get a perfect copy. Plus, knowing that it doesnt support drfrielgood feels good (pun intended). Now stfu and dont defend your pimp...again.
Testes

#1576 sherisdoppel

sherisdoppel

The Eye in Shadow

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2010 - 02:52 AM

Seriously?

I do not like Gamestop in many ways so I don't shop from them, but there was one time I ordered four used games from their online store.
One arrived with the Blockbuster black rental case, one arrived within poorly conditioned case and one game did not work.

I contacted Gamestop customer service and without a hassle or charge they sent me cases in very good conditions and a working disc. Plus, they sent me an extra game, "Bioshock (360)" as a courtesy for the trouble.

I know sending an extra game for such hassles is rare or even zero from happening, but that was my experience with them and I was pretty happy at the end.
whitespace

#1577 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2010 - 02:53 AM

I do not like Gamestop in many ways so I don't shop from them, but there was one time I ordered four used games from their online store.
One arrived with the Blockbuster black rental case, one arrived within poorly conditioned case and one game did not work.

I contacted Gamestop customer service and without a hassle or charge they sent me cases in very good conditions and a working disc. Plus, they sent me an extra game, "Bioshock (360)" as a courtesy for the trouble.

I know sending an extra game for such hassles is rare or even zero from happening, but that was my experience with them and I was pretty happy at the end.

Don't get me wrong. I don't necessarily have much against GS. It's just funny to see someone say on these forums that they are reliable. They are far from that.

#1578 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2010 - 04:40 AM

A shipment of like 10 used games was stolen off my front step - UPS's fault for leaving it in an unsecured area. UPS had to admit fault first, but after they did, GameStop promptly shipped me my order again - albeit they still didn't require a signature on the package, and UPS left it in an unsecure location again but this time I got to it first.

Pretty decent customer service in my opinion.

#1579 illmeister80

illmeister80

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 16 October 2010 - 01:36 AM

i guess i should have read through this thread a bit more before placing an order. my fault i guess for not being aware. i've been trying to contact this guy to see what's going on with my assassin's creed 1 and 2 order i placed last week because all i've gotten from him was a paypal confirmation that he accepted my payment. wrote him an email a few days ago, but no reply as of yet. sent him a private message through here as well. i stated that if he can't ship the order by Friday (today), i want the order canceled.

i really hope i don't have to dispute this charge/payment, but if he doesn't reply, i won't have a choice.

if you're reading this, please respond mr. matt friel.

#1580 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 16 October 2010 - 02:26 AM

i guess i should have read through this thread a bit more before placing an order. my fault i guess for not being aware. i've been trying to contact this guy to see what's going on with my assassin's creed 1 and 2 order i placed last week because all i've gotten from him was a paypal confirmation that he accepted my payment. wrote him an email a few days ago, but no reply as of yet. sent him a private message through here as well. i stated that if he can't ship the order by Friday (today), i want the order canceled.

i really hope i don't have to dispute this charge/payment, but if he doesn't reply, i won't have a choice.

if you're reading this, please respond mr. matt friel.

Good luck my man. You may as well go ahead and cancel/dispute that payment now and be done with it.
Posted Image

i added a link to more wang pics.

#1581 drfrielgood

drfrielgood

www.gamedealdaily.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2010 - 04:03 PM

Updated with today's deal on Aliens in the Attic for DS.

#1582 drfrielgood

drfrielgood

www.gamedealdaily.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2010 - 04:58 PM

Updated with today's deal on Halo: Reach.

Also added details regarding our special 100th Weekly Giveaway.

#1583 sherisdoppel

sherisdoppel

The Eye in Shadow

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2010 - 05:07 PM

Today's deal sums up to about $41.94 with shipping, but Halo Reach is currently $54.99 with $20 video game credit offered from Amazon. That waters down to $34.99 with new and factory sealed condition, and guaranteed to give you one of the best customer services.
Of course, it's eligible for Free Saver Shipping and Two-Day for Prime members.

With Black Friday & Gold Box deal coming up near, I'm pretty sure the $20 credit can be easily applied to your potential purchas without having to worry about when to get rid of it before it ever expires.
whitespace

#1584 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2010 - 05:19 PM

Today's deal sums up to about $41.94 with shipping, but Halo Reach is currently $54.99 with $20 video game credit offered from Amazon. That waters down to $34.99 with new and factory sealed condition, and guaranteed to give you one of the best customer services.
Of course, it's eligible for Free Saver Shipping and Two-Day for Prime members.

With Black Friday & Gold Box deal coming up near, I'm pretty sure the $20 credit can be easily applied to your potential purchas without having to worry about when to get rid of it before it ever expires.

You're still paying $55 at amazon for it:roll:

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Titanfall  :360: Batman: Arkham Origins   :ps3: Ni No Kuni    :3ds:-Pok√©mon X, Zelda:ALBW (FC-0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#1585 sherisdoppel

sherisdoppel

The Eye in Shadow

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2010 - 05:36 PM

You're still paying $55 at amazon for it:roll:

Well yeah but as stated, if you are going to spend your money on Black Friday deals and possibly on Gold Box deal, it's a saving in that matter.
It's not like we are throwing in hundreds of dollars and getting partially yet large money back as credits which then could be not a good deal depending on how much you are willing to spend on that particular store.
whitespace

#1586 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2010 - 06:51 PM

Is this Reach copy from Thailand like I hear your games (too often) are. :rofl:

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#1587 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2010 - 10:50 PM

Just wanted to let folks know that when I received my GameCube grabbag, all three games were scratched up. I let drfrielgood know and he/she sent a replacement grabbag, which I received today. The second set of discs are in better shape, so I'll check if they're playable tonight. But regardless, I appreciate the responsive customer service.

#1588 Marker

Marker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2010 - 11:03 PM

I ordered a Band Hero export code from these guys last week and still haven't received it.

#1589 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2010 - 11:40 PM

Is this Reach copy from Thailand like I hear your games (too often) are. :rofl:

I've never heard of him shipping out international versions of a games without making it very clear in the product description. Plenty of places sell international versions of games, seeing as they can often be had for cheap, so I don't see how it's "funny."

Anyway, I think it's back up to $60 on Amazon, but is still eligible for the $20 credit. I'd probably go with a new copy from Amazon, simply because there are always cheap games on there to use the $20 credit on.

#1590 rawrker

rawrker

Supreme Llama Tickler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2010 - 12:50 AM

Well yeah but as stated, if you are going to spend your money on Black Friday deals and possibly on Gold Box deal, it's a saving in that matter.
It's not like we are throwing in hundreds of dollars and getting partially yet large money back as credits which then could be not a good deal depending on how much you are willing to spend on that particular store.

Credit is nice, but keep in mind you are paying almost $20 more for it anyway which almost negates the credit return...