Pirate Blast Gun Bundle (Wii) - $9.95 SHIPPED, used, GameDealDaily.com 9/13

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1959 replies to this topic

#1651 ViolentLee

ViolentLee

Still Man Fights

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2010 - 09:48 PM

I never had an issue with the couple of times I ordered from them. I think people sometimes get worried and impatient. You just have to temper your expectations. It's probably a short-staffed operation; they likely won't be as quick as a guy selling one game on eBay, nor a huge place like Amazon.

I wouldn't hesitate to order from GameDealDaily again -- though it seems they haven't had a deal up in some time.

mqqgUvv.jpg   ECqYO0a.jpg
My action/scifi novel, Still Man Fights, is available in paperback and e-book form at Amazon.com.

My new travelogue, Japan Chronicles: of Rock Gods and J-Pop Idols, is also on Amazon.com.

#1652 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2010 - 10:08 PM

They haven't had a deal up in quite some time, and I don't think he said he was going on vacation.

I would agree that in many cases, people overreact, but it's caused by the lacking customer service. He doesn't send out shipping confirmations, but because most sites do, people assume they will get one. So, when they don't, they think the item hasn't even shipped. He does say in his FAQs on the site that the tacking number is kept on file and will be given if you contact him. Of course, a lot of many people have problems getting a hold of him. He should either make it clear when you order that you won't get tracking info or set-up a system to e-mail you the tracking info when the item ships.

#1653 almasy82

almasy82

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2010 - 11:44 PM

Don't buy stuff from this guy. I still haven't gotten my rockband code. I have emailed and been given no response. I finally gave up and filed an paypal claim. Still no response. I gave some more time and then escalated the claim. He still hasn't responded in over a week. Sad thing I was giving the guy a second chance after the order I received a non functional charge and play that actually had animal bite marks in the cord. He gave me a refund so I can't complain too much but it obviously had chew marks in it, who sends those out to customers? I would stay away such a waste of time.
Just before anyone tries to defend this joker please realize that I placed my order Oct. 28 with paypal. It has been nearly 1 full month for an email code. At least paypal will get my money back for me.

#1654 Jay

Jay

Free and Fearless

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2010 - 12:31 AM

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

#1655 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2010 - 08:28 AM

Did this website go out of business?

#1656 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2011 - 11:44 PM

I wonder why DrFriel hasn't been posting in this thread.
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#1657 mxpowar

mxpowar

Menace II Sobriety

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2011 - 01:53 AM

I wonder why DrFriel hasn't been posting in this thread.

Maybe he hasn't been frieling so good lately...
[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/mxpowar"][/URL]

#1658 turls

turls

Clouds: no, Sunshine: yes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2011 - 04:15 AM

Hmm, this guy fell off the face of the earth, facebook, his website forums, everything. I forgot I hadn't seen any updates for a long time. He updates a post daily and then disappears with no explanation. No wonder the independents have trouble making it in this business. I've had two horrible experiences with 3rd party independents on buy.com lately also, I'll never order from a 3rd party on buy.com if I can avoid it.

#1659 Rozz

Rozz

We Trippy Mane

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2011 - 04:22 AM

Hmm, this guy fell off the face of the earth, facebook, his website forums, everything. I forgot I hadn't seen any updates for a long time. He updates a post daily and then disappears with no explanation. No wonder the independents have trouble making it in this business. I've had two horrible experiences with 3rd party independents on buy.com lately also, I'll never order from a 3rd party on buy.com if I can avoid it.

Oddly enough he still signs on here. It would be nice to get an update so we can know what has been going on.

#1660 Ilikecoldbeverages

Ilikecoldbeverages

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2011 - 04:27 AM

I dunno, maybe Cheapy told him not to post here anymore, or maybe the guy just got fed up with the hassle of running a game store and called it quits. I'm certainly not complaining though... that Gamecube grab bag left me with three games, all non-functioning. Plus the deals themselves were often rather odd (new games without cover art, imports, CEs with only some extras), it seemed like he and his "suppliers" were giving us the leftover scraps from other sales... that $5 shipping didn't really seem to take either. For a long time CAG, the guy seemed to be a bit out-of-touch with what CAGs generally like in their deals.

#1661 x1Bocephus1x

x1Bocephus1x

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2011 - 04:22 PM

I bought a game from him a few weeks ago on Ebay. I hope he is doing okay. Times are tough here in Michigan.
[URL="http://card.mygamercard.net/x1Bocephus1x.png"][/URL]

#1662 Rozz

Rozz

We Trippy Mane

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2011 - 05:28 PM

I bought a game from him a few weeks ago on Ebay. I hope he is doing okay. Times are tough here in Michigan.

He appears to be doing fine on eBay, his account there is still very active.

#1663 hensleyc

hensleyc

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2011 - 05:38 PM

Official Wii Nunchuk and remote for 19.95?!!
I'm sold.

Actually... after reading these stories...maybe not.

#1664 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2011 - 10:09 PM

Oddly enough, after this discussion, I just noticed he made a post on the GDD Facebook page, saying he was starting his weekly giveways again. Guessing he's still running the site.

#1665 drfrielgood

drfrielgood

www.gamedealdaily.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2011 - 05:14 PM

We're back with our first daily deal on a video game in 2011!

Any questions/concerns please PM me and I'll be later this afternoon to address them.

Thanks!
Visit www.gamedealdaily.com for our daily deal as well as low prices on video games and accessories!

#1666 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2011 - 06:06 PM

$4.99 shipping in case anyone is wondering.

#1667 drfrielgood

drfrielgood

www.gamedealdaily.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2011 - 10:28 PM

Answered PMs. Also added details of our new Weekly Giveaway.
Visit www.gamedealdaily.com for our daily deal as well as low prices on video games and accessories!

#1668 drfrielgood

drfrielgood

www.gamedealdaily.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2011 - 05:40 PM

Updated with today's deal on Lost Planet 2 for PS3.

#1669 stillshadow

stillshadow

Formerly Jaskull

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:30 PM

I know I should just ignore it but this thread title annoys me. Before anyone gets misled it's USED and you need to add in $4.99 shipping. A used Lost Planet 2 copy for $12.94 is not so hot.

#1670 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2011 - 09:03 PM

I know I should just ignore it but this thread title annoys me. Before anyone gets misled it's USED and you need to add in $4.99 shipping. A used Lost Planet 2 copy for $12.94 is not so hot.

wow that is an outrageous shipping charge haha...i could have bought it for 10 new months ago

#1671 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2011 - 10:24 PM

I've been complaining about this for a while. This is the only thread that is allowed to not post whether something is used or how much shipping is. In any other thread, the OP would be ripped for not stating shipping and used-ness.

#1672 stillshadow

stillshadow

Formerly Jaskull

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2011 - 11:01 PM

That's exactly it and I don't know why it's allowed to continue. Frielgood, these cheap marketing tactics might work on less-savvy online shoppers but it doesn't work on CAGs. If anything, it actually stimulates ill-will towards your site. It just feels like you're trying to deceive customers. Besides, everyone is just going to see the real total before they pay you for it anyway.

I think it's great that there can still be independent game websites, but this is just the wrong way to do it. Most of us just get annoyed when we see you post deals in this manner. I, for one, enjoyed the lack of your updates for a while. It's not that I don't appreciate someone trying to give us a deal but your misleading presentation just sucks.

#1673 Ilikecoldbeverages

Ilikecoldbeverages

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2011 - 11:38 PM

I agree, its that old Bobby Kotick way of talking past the people you really need to be speaking to.

I could say a few nice things about the site, and I could also give some rather critical remarks, but ultimately I think the best thing to do would just be to not say anything... these issues have been mentioned before and I don't think I've ever seen him respond to them. If you keep bringing it up, he just gets a free bump.

#1674 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2011 - 11:48 PM

these issues have been mentioned before and I don't think I've ever seen him respond to them. If you keep bringing it up, he just gets a free bump.

Exactly what I have said a number times in the past. He doesn't address them, and no one in-charge does anything about him. If you don't like his site, just ignore him and his thread.

#1675 TctclMvPhase

TctclMvPhase

Dismal Scientist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2011 - 01:24 AM

@Dr - I was wondering what happened to this thread. Any chance at some of the books from the GT5 collectors edition getting a listing?

black_swan_movie-640x120.jpg

"I was perfect....

#1676 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2011 - 02:43 AM

I agree, its that old Bobby Kotick way of talking past the people you really need to be speaking to.

I could say a few nice things about the site, and I could also give some rather critical remarks, but ultimately I think the best thing to do would just be to not say anything... these issues have been mentioned before and I don't think I've ever seen him respond to them. If you keep bringing it up, he just gets a free bump.

He actually did address it a handful of months ago. I think it essentially came down to the fact that if he listed the shipping costs in the title, then less people bought from him or clicked the thread. Something like that. It hurts his advertising and sales here on CAG to list the shipping price in the title.

As for the whole New/Used thing, I could have sworn he usually listed the condition of the game in the title. Perhaps he's not doing that anymore with the Used games to increase his clicks/sales. At any rate I think he should have to list the New/Used condition in the title, but the mods/Cheapy D haven't noticed yet or don't care.

I also think he should have to list the shipping costs too (for a while I think he did "+ s/h" but eventually dropped that practice too), but apparently the mods/Cheapy D really don't care about that either at this point.

#1677 drfrielgood

drfrielgood

www.gamedealdaily.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2011 - 06:48 PM

Updated with today's deal on Battlefield: Bad Company 2 for XBox 360.

#1678 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2011 - 04:44 AM

Item is used with 4.99 shipping.

With CAG16 + Edge it comes out to be 17.38 + tax on GS.com and eligible for free shipping.

TheVila.png

#1679 drfrielgood

drfrielgood

www.gamedealdaily.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2011 - 06:03 PM

Updated with today's deal on Bond From Russia with Love for PS2.

#1680 drfrielgood

drfrielgood

www.gamedealdaily.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2011 - 06:10 PM

@Dr - I was wondering what happened to this thread. Any chance at some of the books from the GT5 collectors edition getting a listing?

I haven't come across any of the GT5 CE yet, but if I do I'll definitely pick them up.