Fable II Platinum Hits (w/ DLC) - $27.99, Limited Edition $25.60 @ Amazon

• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

#121 slipkornotpsu

slipkornotpsu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2010 - 10:37 PM

I picked up the plat version at Gamestop when I traded in Tekken 6 with the 30% deal and I am really loving the game. I didn't like the first one to much, but I'm getting addicted to this one.
Posted Image
"I'm Writer, and I'm a Poet."
"I Love you, But I never Show it"
-From Autumn to Ashes-

#122 Feeding the Abscess

Feeding the Abscess

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2010 - 10:57 PM

My local Target still doesn't have Fallout 3 GOTY on the sales floor, so it's not surprising many stores don't have Fable II's Platinum/GOTY/whatever on the floor.

#123 ProggleRock

ProggleRock

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2010 - 12:29 AM

Nothing at my BB. Good thing I didn't cancel my Amazon order.

#124 super_dawn

super_dawn

Posted 18 January 2010 - 04:12 AM

amazon is showing it at 27.99 too.

Guybrush: At least I've learnt something from all of this.
Elaine: What's that?
Guybrush: Never pay more than 20 bucks for a game.

:3ds: my 3DS friend code is: 1934-0672-7017 ---Animal Crossing: Msg me if you add! thx!

Animal Crossing Villager Outfits Follow me:  superdawn3.tumblr.com

ChocDeathMousse.jpg

#125 shafnitz

shafnitz

G100,000 - 5/16/2014!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:49 PM

Did anyone else bite on the LE version? I ordered it just for the heck of it. I already have the LE version and the DLC, so this one was just to keep sealed.
The problem is, I'm almost positive it's not "new". The shrinkwrap is not the usual 360 game shrinkwrap and if you look closely, you can actually see traces of the original shrinkwrap underneath. Just wondering if anyone else noticed this or if anyone had problems with missing DLC. I'm considering returning it.

Shafnitz.png

#126 SlaughterX

SlaughterX

Teh Killer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2010 - 05:03 PM

I got it and my DLC card was new and worked perfectly.
"Member of the most player hated race who made this invaded place and stayed it with a straight face..." - MF DOOM

#127 intoxicated662

intoxicated662

Posted 06 February 2010 - 05:13 PM

:roll:

Fable II was/is the biggest disappointment of a game this generation. Think about the narrow pathways, secluded areas & the most idiotic "gesture" system I have ever seen.

Fable fails as an rpg, adventure game & so much more. Simply horrible game....

you probably just suck at it or didn't understand the concept of the game and all. It bothers me when fallout 3 and other games get so much hype and praise, yet they won't give credit to games like fable 2 which are pretty good. I loved fable 2 and played through it twice. Fallout 3? I couldn't get into it as much and didn't want to put in the 40+hours to complete the game but I did like the gameplay and graphics. Fable 2 limited edition is a steal for under $30 because you get the halo extras for ya character, extra dungeon map, slip cover and i think tha'ts it..

#128 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2010 - 05:03 PM

I think on Giantbomb they were playing both tons last year. Ultimately more Fallout 3 it sounded like, but they loved both.

Personally I couldn't get in to Oblivion that much...just...hard/kind of empty. I don't know.
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
Recent games, Netflix Scale:
[LIST]

Posted Image

#129 The Notorious ROB

The Notorious ROB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2010 - 06:03 PM

At one time I waited for the PH of Xbox 360 games, but now I rather get the original case at the same price of PH's. When Best Buy had B2G1F I got Halo 3, Halo Wars and Fable II. So now I have Fable II without any DLC. Here's hoping I get some free MS Points.

When I had Forza 2 PH you had to install the DLC first.

#130 whoasaywhat

whoasaywhat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2010 - 10:27 PM

Did anyone else bite on the LE version? I ordered it just for the heck of it. I already have the LE version and the DLC, so this one was just to keep sealed.
The problem is, I'm almost positive it's not "new". The shrinkwrap is not the usual 360 game shrinkwrap and if you look closely, you can actually see traces of the original shrinkwrap underneath. Just wondering if anyone else noticed this or if anyone had problems with missing DLC. I'm considering returning it.

Mine was like that. I had 2 slivers of the original shrink wrap sitting on top of disc when I opened it.

#131 shafnitz

shafnitz

G100,000 - 5/16/2014!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2010 - 07:03 PM

Mine was like that. I had 2 slivers of the original shrink wrap sitting on top of disc when I opened it.

Did it still have the DLC cards and did the discs look used? I just decided to return mine.

Shafnitz.png

#132 hobbie8046

hobbie8046

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2010 - 07:45 PM

It's available used on GS.com right now for $18.49 after Edge and CAG16.

http://www.gamestop....roduct_id=75928

76561197983083270.png

#133 whoasaywhat

whoasaywhat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2010 - 04:02 AM

Did it still have the DLC cards and did the discs look used? I just decided to return mine.

DLC cards=yes. Used game=no

#134 nJoy7

nJoy7

Wait, what?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2010 - 06:29 AM

CAG16 + SAVER + Edge discount = $18.50 shipped @ GS

*AH, hobbie8046 beat me to it.

Anyway, enjoy! :)

Atypical+Nate.png 3410326351.png

#135 shafnitz

shafnitz

G100,000 - 5/16/2014!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2010 - 06:35 PM

DLC cards=yes. Used game=no

I wonder why they were resealed, then. Weird.

Shafnitz.png

#136 flameofdoom666

flameofdoom666

3D Dot Game Link!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2010 - 06:42 PM

Is the P.H version of Fable II a 2 disc set with the DLC on another disc?

#137 wyatt8

wyatt8

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2010 - 08:40 PM

Is the P.H version of Fable II a 2 disc set with the DLC on another disc?

No, it's one disc and you need to have the disc in your 360 to play it. I also tried to load my save with the standard game later and I could not do it. There may be no going back to the regular disc if you finish all of the DLC on the GOTY edition.
Get hundreds of used classic video games at http://www.warpzonevideogames.com - Great Prices! Great Selection!

#138 flameofdoom666

flameofdoom666

3D Dot Game Link!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2010 - 08:44 PM

No, it's one disc and you need to have the disc in your 360 to play it. I also tried to load my save with the standard game later and I could not do it. There may be no going back to the regular disc if you finish all of the DLC on the GOTY edition.

I have the regular edition (well... LE), and the DLC downloaded. If I delete the DLC, can I use my file with the P.H edition?

#139 hskr121

hskr121

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2010 - 10:26 PM

I've got a question. I've got the regular version and I still haven't beaten it but am close I think. I'm thinking about getting the Platinum Hits. Would my save work with the Platinum hits or would I have to start over?

#140 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2010 - 10:37 PM

I was hesitant to pick this one up. I rented it once, played it for a few minutes, got bored, and shipped it back to GameFly, because something else was coming out that I really wanted. Plus, a lot of people who apparently liked the first one keep referring to Fable 2 as a disappointment. But I decided to get the PH when Amazon had the B2G1, and I am really enjoying it. Reminds me a lot of Fallout 3, which is one of the my favorite games ever.

#141 xplocvo

xplocvo

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2010 - 10:52 PM

I've got a question. I've got the regular version and I still haven't beaten it but am close I think. I'm thinking about getting the Platinum Hits. Would my save work with the Platinum hits or would I have to start over?

I'm wondering the same thing.

#142 bywaytm

bywaytm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:38 AM

I have seen many others post that it is compatible with old saves from the reg. edition.

I would confirm myself but UPS hasnt delivered for over a week now due to the big snow storms we have been getting in the mid Atlantic coast. :bomb:
Posted Image

#143 ProggleRock

ProggleRock

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:35 AM

I could be wrong, but I think Xbox categorizes everything by game, no matter what version (Platinum Hits, GOTY, On Demand, locked demo, etc) so that everything syncs up like achievements and saves. Even if it didn't, I don't know why the game would be any physically different on the PH disc than on any other. It just has extra, separate content.

#144 ianoid

ianoid

5me77i.us!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 02:35 PM

:roll:

Fable II was/is the biggest disappointment of a game this generation. Think about the narrow pathways, secluded areas & the most idiotic "gesture" system I have ever seen.

Fable fails as an rpg, adventure game & so much more. Simply horrible game....

Some people love it, some people hate it. I love Fable 2, it's my favorite game experience of '08, and I highly recommend it.

Unfortunately the Limited Ed deal is no longer active, but I'll spring for it for $30 to have it sealed. I'll wait for the PH to reach $20 all included, since I already have the original game and DLC. Collectors suck!