Things You Need to Know Before Playing Demon's Souls

BennyWii

CAGiversary!
I just purchased Demon's Souls and let me tell you I am SCARED. i know that this game is brutally hard and I already regret buying before I have even played it, LOL. But please help me! This question is for anyone who has played Demon's Souls. What do I need to know before playing it? And yes I know it is very HARD...

Just remember you will most likely die in the beginning of the game, but that's it. I'm just playing off my own experience, and that's all it really takes. (Plus, reading the messages on the ground helps to).

Just jump into the game and either enjoy or be filled with rage. Also, always remember to block and counter. If you don't... you are most likely to die fast.

just pick the royal and hide in a corner using magic and you'll be fine. Also take advantage of the online stuff.

It can either be hard or easy depending on how you play. But yeah... I'm not really have a hard time with it, sure a few deaths but not too bad.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']This game's difficulty is so over-rated.[/QUOTE]

This..

Its not a run and gun. You are not some super hero. Within Demons souls you are a person with a crappy ass set of equipment... and you appear as the next meal to all the demons. Just take your time and kick their ass.

I must say though, the game is not very colorful, so don't expect to see a lot of colors.

Sort of reminds me of Darkfall Online (color wise...)

Geckos are MISSABLE. Some weapons can only be upgraded to full stats by getting items from particular MISSABLE GECKOS.

Personally, I read a FAQ, figured out which weapons were dependent on Gecko camping, and decided to make a character that didn't need them.

I was worried about the difficulty, and so it sat on my shelf for months. When I finally put it in, I couldn't put it down, and have logged around 100 hours into it!

The only thing I wish I had known when starting: when you beat big demons (bosses), you'll get a special named soul, like Iron Demon's Soul, it's like an item. You can go to your inventory and "use" them to gain a few thousand souls, but DON'T! Save them for later, they have other (better) uses. That's it.

Everything else, treat it like an adventure. It's a role-playing game. Role-play. You are thrown into this world and you must figure it out. Many details of the game's mechanics go completely unexplained, and trying to figure that stuff out is a big part of the experience. Dive in.

And yeah, as others have mentioned, if you find the game too challenging, then chances are you're playing too aggressively. If you play cautiously you shouldn't have too much trouble.

bread's done
Back