• Please log in to reply
1238 replies to this topic

#901 metaly

metaly

In the world, only this island is.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2011 - 10:30 PM

I'm in, just shoot me a time.

I'll give the new missions a try too if there is room. Let me know the time and I will show up. I have to warn you though- I have been just playing through myself so I am not up on the good strategies etc. :)

What time are you guys around? Manlai said he's not available until late, like 11PM Eastern, but to go ahead without him if we've already got a group.

#902 Ruahrc

Ruahrc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2011 - 11:23 PM

I'm free more or less anytime tonight.

#903 metaly

metaly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2011 - 02:19 AM

I'll be on a little later than thought. I'll look to see who's on around 11 EST.

#904 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2011 - 02:32 AM

I just started writing for a mobile phone website and I've got a bunch of stuff to do for them while I'm at work tonight. Wish I could join you guys, but hopefully I'll be more free next weekend.

Edited by eastx, 06 February 2011 - 03:14 AM.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

Twitch: EastXTwitch - Watch my streams Saturday nights at 8pm Central and win prizes!

#905 Ruahrc

Ruahrc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2011 - 03:04 AM

I'll be on but maybe closer to 11:30 instead. I'll monitor the forum here around that time and get on STO.

#906 Ruahrc

Ruahrc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2011 - 04:07 AM

Alright I'm getting on now. How do I find people in this game?

#907 metaly

metaly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2011 - 04:54 AM

Hey, sorry guys. Ended up getting back way later than I thought. I'll be getting on in a few minutes. I'm @metaly in game.

#908 Ruahrc

Ruahrc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2011 - 05:01 AM

I'm finishing up a mission at ds9 I'll msg you in a sec

#909 metaly

metaly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2011 - 02:47 AM

Had a great time going through the new mission with Ruahrc and Manlai yesterday. The shuttles are pretty fun and the episode felt very Trek overall with several ways to approach the objectives. If people are around next weekend, we should try to group up again for part 2. I'm just throwing that out there now so we can nail down a time.

Sorry you couldn't make it, east, but that's cool about the website. Which one is it?

#910 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2011 - 05:53 AM

Glad you guys had fun!

I'm writing for WPCentral.com, a Windows Phone 7 news and reviews site.

My first article is here: http://www.wpcentral...et-riot-updated

I'll have a couple of reviews going up at the beginning of the week.

I love it because I've always wanted to be a part of the game industry, and now I'm being played to play games, earn Achievements, and practice my writing.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

Twitch: EastXTwitch - Watch my streams Saturday nights at 8pm Central and win prizes!

#911 metaly

metaly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2011 - 11:21 PM

Just did the infamous fire caves mission and got through without an issue, other than my engineers suiciding into the fire. I forget what problems people keep having with it in this thread, but I'm always paranoid when I have to do it now. Hopefully that's the last time. :)

We're grouping up again this evening to do episode 3 of the new series and possibly The Cure if anyone wants to join. We have a couple spaces open.

Also they just released a uniform update that vastly improves the DS9/VOY and First Contact uniforms. They look so much better now.

#912 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

My foot itches..must be athlete's foot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2011 - 01:54 AM

Just did the infamous fire caves mission and got through without an issue, other than my engineers suiciding into the fire. I forget what problems people keep having with it in this thread, but I'm always paranoid when I have to do it now. Hopefully that's the last time. :)

We're grouping up again this evening to do episode 3 of the new series and possibly The Cure if anyone wants to join. We have a couple spaces open.

Also they just released a uniform update that vastly improves the DS9/VOY and First Contact uniforms. They look so much better now.

I really wish there was a site (outside of the sto forums) that kept track of all the new updates with screenshots and videos.

#913 soulvengeance

soulvengeance

Beating dead horses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2011 - 02:07 AM

I'll try to hop on after I get back from watching Tron tonight, but it'll probably be pretty late.
mytradelist:
http://www.cheapassg...864#post2614864

Calls this what you may, but I would say that Blacks actually benefited from the slavery. Comparing the current lives of many African Americans to Africans, one can see that the former live in much better conditions with greater freedoms and opportunities.

#914 metaly

metaly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2011 - 04:25 AM

That's fine. We're usually on unreasonably late anyway.

I'll try to post some shots of the new vs. old uniforms later.

Update: We're going to start the episode soon.

Edited by metaly, 20 February 2011 - 07:54 AM.

#915 metaly

metaly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:27 AM

Old (left) vs. new (right) uniform comparisons:

Deep Space Nine/Voyager:
Spoiler

First Contact/TNG movie:
Spoiler

Next Generation:
Spoiler

Currently there's a color inconsistency if you try to use the deepest black colors with the updated DS9/FC uniforms; it ends up being several shades lighter than the deepest black on the matching pants. They expect this to get fixed in the next patch.

Despite a couple hiccups, I'd say these are in every way better than the earlier versions. Can't wait for the open jacket set to hit this week, since it finally, finally adds Picard's jacket to the game.

Edited by metaly, 03 March 2011 - 11:39 PM.

#916 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2011 - 03:37 PM

yea, I don't see much of a difference.........argh...micro transactioning for uniforms :(

Did they add some sort of soft bloom to the game recently? I don't remember characters having that glow like that.

#917 metaly

metaly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2011 - 08:56 PM

There are a few areas that have bloom, but they've been there. I usually seek them out when I'm taking screens.

Someone just posted this on the official forum... :drool:

Posted Image

#918 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:30 PM

There are a few areas that have bloom, but they've been there. I usually seek them out when I'm taking screens.

Someone just posted this on the official forum... :drool:

Posted Image

Nice...but nothing to drool over.

#919 KingDox

KingDox

Scream My Name

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2011 - 06:56 AM

I'm not interested in any of the new costumes honestly. But I am glad people who want them are finally getting them.

#920 Ruahrc

Ruahrc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2011 - 07:12 AM

I just want some of the 24th century admirals uniforms. Seriously there are so many admirals in STO that an admiral uniform pack would do great in the c-store. Right now I approximate by using the TNG uniform and just put the whole bottom section as red.

#921 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 01:03 AM

Ok....i'm back as of last night to Star Trek Online. I do like what they have done with the lighting of the ships in space...makes them look more real.........which means I need to go out and take every one of my ships out again for more screenshots.....*sigh*

Most characters have a soft bloom...hmmm...

So I take it I can "Craft" the Delta Flyer now huh? Where does one begin with that? Is it a quest/mission?

I played a user created mission. It was ok.

Seems the borg have been downgraded a bit so now I can take on a cube :D

Seems they also nerfed pistols. bah :(

#922 KingDox

KingDox

Scream My Name

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 02:28 AM

Ok....i'm back as of last night to Star Trek Online. I do like what they have done with the lighting of the ships in space...makes them look more real.........which means I need to go out and take every one of my ships out again for more screenshots.....*sigh*

Most characters have a soft bloom...hmmm...

So I take it I can "Craft" the Delta Flyer now huh? Where does one begin with that? Is it a quest/mission?

I played a user created mission. It was ok.

Seems the borg have been downgraded a bit so now I can take on a cube :D

Seems they also nerfed pistols. bah :(

The schematic to build a delta flyer hasn't been released yet. The devs say it should be out around the time the current weekly series finishes. I played the UGC colony invasion borg mission and thought it was pretty damn good considering how basic the foundry tools are at this point. The other 2 missions I hear have pathing problems with your crew so I'm skipping those till Cryptic gets the AI sorted out.

#923 metaly

metaly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 11:36 PM

Hey KingDox, dstahl answered your question in this month's Q&A. Awesome. I like that they've added in stuff so new missions work slightly differently for each class... Developing on that would be great if you ask me.

Also, there were some shenanigans involved but last night I finally saw this happen:
Spoiler

#924 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2011 - 12:20 AM

HMM...so where can I find the MVAM attachment for my Prometheus class ship?

#925 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2011 - 12:55 AM

oh btw, here are my stats...... i don't know how to make my character better :(
Spoiler

#926 KingDox

KingDox

Scream My Name

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2011 - 03:52 AM

Hey KingDox, dstahl answered your question in this month's Q&A. Awesome. I like that they've added in stuff so new missions work slightly differently for each class... Developing on that would be great if you ask me.

Also, there were some shenanigans involved but last night I finally saw this happen:

Spoiler

Yeah, that's pretty damn awesome. I didn't exactly get the response I wanted but its cool captain traits you choose will be actually used directly in missions down the line. I've become a bit of a sucker for the devs of STO but this just puts them over the top in my book.

Some folks have said their UGC will ask you your gender and species at the start of the their missions and the responses will effect how the mission plays. So UGC seems to be the solution for missions customized to your toon and love stories.

The MVAM I think is only on the test server for right now. I'm also kinda bad at builds, I don't pvp and the game is pretty easy so I've never been super anal about where my points are spent. I've been rocking my T5 ships since I got it and haven't used my free re-fit ship since I got it.

#927 slofton

slofton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2011 - 05:32 PM

So, I played this for the first month when the game first came out. I wasnt very excited by it even though i'm a huge Star Trek geek. It just seemed bland and unorganized. Has the game gotten any better? I'm thinking of restarting my sub after giving them a year to work the kinks out. The weekly episodes kinda intrigue me greatly.

Thanks for the info!

#928 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2011 - 09:27 PM

So, I played this for the first month when the game first came out. I wasnt very excited by it even though i'm a huge Star Trek geek. It just seemed bland and unorganized. Has the game gotten any better? I'm thinking of restarting my sub after giving them a year to work the kinks out. The weekly episodes kinda intrigue me greatly.

Thanks for the info!

Well for someone who's been playing it for about a week here are my thoughts

-There is still a good active player base.

-Lighting has been improved in space so your ship looks nicer in sector space along with warp effects (light streaks). However in system lighting looks pretty much the same.

-Either they fixed certain weapons to make them work right or the borg are much easier to take on. Before it would be next to impossible to hurt a cube, now I can take one on...in 30 mins :|

-They nerfed some pistols and rifles :(

-ESD now looks like the classic TNG one.

-They added a bunch of cooler stuff for the C-store..but still pisses me off that cooler skins for your ships cost extra money :(

-The episodes are nice, not great but nice.

-Seems you can equip borg items to your ships to boost their stats.

-Dabo!!!

-Almost everyone has that rock pet thing from TOS.

-Too many new missions that I can't tell which are main story missions anymore.

-Some sort of weird scanner window pops up when you try to scan some element in space or on the ground. You have to match the wave length correctly in 3 seconds or else you get less than expected. That will catch you off guard the first time it happens.

-The Delta flyer, excelsior and a few other things can be bought at the C-store.

-The Galaxy Class ship is just about correctly made now.

Edited by ITDEFX, 05 March 2011 - 02:49 AM.

#929 KingDox

KingDox

Scream My Name

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2011 - 02:43 AM

Thanks for the info!

If you're thinking about starting your sub again consider buying a retail box version or digital version from Amazon, Steam, or Gamestop then adding the key to your existing account. You get the extras each store gives away and you'll add another 30 days of play time. And pretty much all the retail options are cheaper then paying 15 bucks you would pay cryptic.

Amazon has the CE version for less the 15 bucks and you get some nice goodies: http://www.amazon.co...99292130&sr=8-1

#930 slofton

slofton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2011 - 06:27 AM

-Dabo!!!

SOLD! :D

If you're thinking about starting your sub again consider buying a retail box version or digital version from Amazon, Steam, or Gamestop then adding the key to your existing account. You get the extras each store gives away and you'll add another 30 days of play time. And pretty much all the retail options are cheaper then paying 15 bucks you would pay cryptic.

Amazon has the CE version for less the 15 bucks and you get some nice goodies: http://www.amazon.co...99292130&sr=8-1

Right now I have to Steam Deluxe Edition with some of the promos from the restaurants. Figured i'd just reup with that unless the others have something incredibly amazing.

Thanks for the help all!\\:D/