CAG Star Trek Online Fleet/game discussion thread

• Please log in to reply
1238 replies to this topic

#1201 metaly

metaly

In the world, only this island is.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:18 AM

I'll probably be on this evening doing the whole 2800 series with my tac/engi. Look for me if you want to tag along.

#1202 metaly

metaly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:11 AM

Ugh, I've decided that no mission reward is worth sitting through another one of these cutscenes.

#1203 manlai

manlai

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:59 AM

haha so I have a dilemma... I just bought a ssd and installed it. By doing so, I now have a clean install with no STO. Should I even bother reinstalling it? hmm...

#1204 metaly

metaly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:00 AM

What, you're not excited for your 800-day Mugato pet?

...Er, yeah.

#1205 Ruahrc

Ruahrc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:25 AM

Don't forget you're also missing out on the fantastic new dilithium mining daily mission!!! Yes, dilithium mining, an activity so boring and hazardous that it was used as a form of punishment by the Klingons, and Starfleet deployed holographic humanoids to do their dirty work, is now supposed to be a major pastime of high ranking Vice Admirals and Generals across the galaxy!

And for the low, low, price of 350,000 dilithium (~1300CP at current exchange rates) you too can be the proud new owner of a steel grey EVA suit with which to mine dilithium with!!! Get yours now while stocks last!

#1206 manlai

manlai

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:50 AM

hmm, sensors indicate the answers are polling in the negatory. We really need to migrate to a new game.

#1207 KingDox

KingDox

Scream My Name

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:54 AM

There is a free trible this weekend. It gives you a team buff and can stack with other team buff tribbles. Its to celebrate the EU re-launch of the game.

#1208 manlai

manlai

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:19 AM

So it seems that accounts are being hacked left and right in STO. There seems to be some rather obvious security flaws that hackers are exploiting for tidy profits. A raid fleet I run with had over 700m taken from their coffers a little while ago. It seems the universe is telling me to pull the ripcord on my STO adventure...

Anyway, keep an eye out for your and other CAG mates' stuff.

Edited by manlai, 31 March 2012 - 07:07 AM.

#1209 Ruahrc

Ruahrc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:27 AM

Looks like the CAG bank is still good, although I think there are only like 3 of us who ever get on. Although it might be prudent to up the bank withdraw restrictions temporarily?

A major reason behind the recent hackings was a flash-based keylogger that was running on the STOWiki website. Supposedly it has been fixed now but since it was a keylogger, anything you typed (including things other than your STO login) could be at risk too.

Another good reason I don't bother even installing flash on my computers anymore.

#1210 soulvengeance

soulvengeance

Beating dead horses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:50 AM

I feel sad for this game, I actually really liked it a lot, we had a good group early on, but then people started dropping off like flies.
mytradelist:
http://www.cheapassg...864#post2614864

Calls this what you may, but I would say that Blacks actually benefited from the slavery. Comparing the current lives of many African Americans to Africans, one can see that the former live in much better conditions with greater freedoms and opportunities.

#1211 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 01 April 2012 - 02:41 PM

I enjoyed the game when it first came out and even for a few months afterward but then it just became a grind to do much of anything. Most of the group was on when I wasn't so I just went solo on items when I could find time to login. I've got in a couple times in the past few months. Played for a few hours then logged back off. Don't really have the drive to continue playing. I've debated starting over with a new character but I just don't want to deal with the same grind as before.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#1212 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:54 PM

I feel sad for this game, I actually really liked it a lot, we had a good group early on, but then people started dropping off like flies.

I enjoyed the game when it first came out and even for a few months afterward but then it just became a grind to do much of anything. Most of the group was on when I wasn't so I just went solo on items when I could find time to login. I've got in a couple times in the past few months. Played for a few hours then logged back off. Don't really have the drive to continue playing. I've debated starting over with a new character but I just don't want to deal with the same grind as before.

I was so stoked about this game when it was first announced but it went thru so many changes before launch... I really hated the micro transaction system for new ships and characters. It would have been better if they just left it alone with an expansion pack of say the Gamma or Delta quadrant with the ability to play the dominion or romulans. I can log in and play for a bit but I get bored fast because there isn't much to do after level 50 except play those episodes.

#1213 Ruahrc

Ruahrc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:55 AM

Good lord. I mean, STO has gone from a mediocre, but semi-salvageable game to one that is deliberately going out of its way to be one of the biggest piles of fail ever witnessed in computer games history.

The 3rd lockbox scam in 4 months just started, this time with "Lobi crystals"... of which you get an average ~2.5 per opened lockbox (it costs $1.25 to open each box). You use the crystals to buy things from the "Lobi store"... cosmetic fluff like ferengi skirts cost 200 Lobi crystals (average cost of ~$100) and a ferengi shuttlepod for 800 lobi crystals (average cost of ~$400). One employee of Cryptic even publicly tweeted his surprise and disbelief at the prices in the lobi store.

I guess on the one hand, they should be praised for "accurately simulating" the experience of dealing with ferengi... but on the other hand... well... *shakes head*

People should almost go try this game just to experience truly how terrible games can be, kind of like how you watch a really, really bad movie just to see how bad it really is. This game (and development studio) are rapidly distinguishing themselves as being truly unique in their ineptitude and failure. Rare will you encounter a disaster this epic in magnitude... you may as well experience it while you can, and make every game you have ever played seem that much better in comparison, now that you know that a truly bad game is like.

Really- EA, Capcom, and Activision have nothing on Cryptic and PWE. They may be shitty, bloodsucking leeches of companies but at least some of their games are good.

#1214 dothog

dothog

n ur race snakin mai kart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:19 PM

I'm like ITDEFX in that, as an ST fan, I really wanted this to be a good title. But it wasn't satisfying from the start, the story was ridiculous and the RP element (which is important to me as a ST fan) was wrecked beyond measure, they kept referring to recognizable TNG characters again and again and again. So disappointing from a narrative and RP perspective.

I guess that's where SWTOR trumped it, in that the single-player element is supposedly satisfying for SW fans. I really, really wish we could've had that for ST, as that would have been good stuff.

It's too bad it didn't last, but boy was the writing on the wall. And it was *bad* writing at that. I'm surprised it's gone this long through the hacking and the Del Taco shuttles and whatever else. Every time I thought about checking in after my initial foray, I'd read this thread and forget about that idea entirely.

So I guess it's possible that it got better, CAGs were just so consistently down on the game outside of how cool their ships looked. And I didn't want a ship to begin with, nor did I give a damn about the borg, I just wanted to be some guy in engineering, or a science officer, or a redshirt abandoned on an unknown world. I know the MMO business is tough, though, and it's hard to sustain a system that can support episodic narrative content. Everyone wants instances and endgame.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1215 manlai

manlai

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:17 PM

MMOs are like women. No matter how good it starts they'll always break your heart in the end. SWTOR seems to be pissing people off already too. I think I'm done with MMOs now.

#1216 dothog

dothog

n ur race snakin mai kart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:52 AM

Sounds like somebody needs a hug.

Come on, manlai, it's not so bad. Give CAG some sugar, get in here. CAG HUG.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1217 KingDox

KingDox

Scream My Name

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:28 AM

Hey guys, Fleets are live. I'd like to start some projects but it looks like I don't have rights to start and it looks like no one has rights to donate.

Any Admiral rank Fleet members willing to give me the reigns of the fleet and drive for a bit?

#1218 metaly

metaly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:09 AM

Wow, stealth season 6 update! (Actually, ever since they changed the forums, it broke my news feed and I never remember to check in manually. :cry:)

I was going to ask if you wanted to be a fleet leader since you seem to be on the most, so yeah. I'll put in your name for promotion the first chance I get. ;)

I haven't been reading up on the fleet mechanics too much, but it sounds kind of cool. I don't suppose it's likely we'll ever get enough people online to try out the missions, though.

#1219 Ruahrc

Ruahrc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:49 PM

This game still hanging on? Haven't looked at it since april/may when I decided my time was better spent playing quality titles :)

But I could log back in and check out new stuff if you wanted to get a group together to try fleet stuff out.

After all, I have free access and 400 points a month (do we still get that or did they take that away too) until the game dies...

#1220 metaly

metaly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:58 AM

Oh dear god. Our first fleet project just completed (thanks to Kingdox for contributing the majority of resources) and I thought that would net us our first starbase upgrade, but I looked it up and we're actually 1/10 of the way there. :hot: This comes as no surprise, but all this is probably beyond the scope of our fleet.

Anyway, the new fleet dailies are kind of fun. There's a little more to them than the usual "kill 5 of everything" missions, although not enough that I don't see them getting repetitive pretty quickly (just like the other dailies).

Oh well. I really dig the communal aspect of the starbase projects, but the system is geared much more towards large, active fleets.

#1221 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:45 PM

Anyone still playing? Thinking about going back for a bit, either free or paid.

#1222 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:17 PM

Has can CAG's been back to STO lately? Looks like they added a shit load of new stuff....maybe worth playing again!

#1223 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:47 PM

I was just getting ready to load it back onto my gaming PC.

all-banner.jpg

#1224 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:12 AM

Who's running the cag fleet now? WE HAVE A STARBASE?!?!??!!?:hot:

Any point to subscribing right now? Playing free is fine.

#1225 metaly

metaly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:38 AM

I've been back semi-regularly since Season 7 came out. The new reputation stuff is interesting (although mostly grindy), and the redesigned STFs are actually manageable instead of being all-day affairs. They're pretty fun this way. (These changed a while ago but I just recently got into them.)

KingDox has done an incredible job of building up the starbase, but I believe he's left the fleet. (I can't blame him since grinding the starbase solo is pretty much impossible.)

I'm about to hop on to check out the 3 year event... gotta get that Ambassador! And yeah, ITDEFX, not a whole lot of reason to subscribe unless you're really hardcore into it.

#1226 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:59 AM

Well I was just doing that DS9 mission where you have to convince reps from other worlds to join your fight against the borg...I kinda screwed up and didn't get the cardassians or another race to join us. oops did I screw up?

#1227 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:38 AM

So, I still only have a Cryptic account. I try to convert it to a PWE and it says my email address is already registered. Try to recover it, and it says there is no account associated with that email address. What the hell.

all-banner.jpg

#1228 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:25 AM

I've been back semi-regularly since Season 7 came out. The new reputation stuff is interesting (although mostly grindy), and the redesigned STFs are actually manageable instead of being all-day affairs. They're pretty fun this way. (These changed a while ago but I just recently got into them.)

KingDox has done an incredible job of building up the starbase, but I believe he's left the fleet. (I can't blame him since grinding the starbase solo is pretty much impossible.)

I'm about to hop on to check out the 3 year event... gotta get that Ambassador! And yeah, ITDEFX, not a whole lot of reason to subscribe unless you're really hardcore into it.

I don't know where you guys were hanging out but I could never find most of you when EastX was running the show. Is level 50 the cap still?

#1229 Ruahrc

Ruahrc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:58 AM

have they released any more actual content for this game yet? That DS9 featured episode series was released like a year ago...

Wonder how many cryptic points/zen/whatever I have now. Supposed to get some every month, haven't logged on since like last March. I saw that they devalued everyone's points by 25% a while back, and screwed around with the dilithium exchange too. Maybe I almost have enough to buy a uniform pack now lol.

Edit: looked it up. Yep. Not a single new featured episode series released since last february. That was a year ago.

#1230 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:18 AM

wait what? Then what's season 7 they are promoting?

My modified defiant (with that remain crap on it) looks like it packs more of a punch than before.