Posted 21 January 2010 - 07:38 PM

And about that update.... Toldja so.

Ditto.

#122 Keen314

Keen314

CAGsiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:01 PM

I found out there's a Del Taco here in Florida right next to where I work, it must be a test market. I've had Del Taco whilst in LA, but the one here in Orlando is new. I'm going to call and see if they have the promotion, and if so I'll try and snag a few for us East Coast CAGers.

I'm stuck in MN, the closest Del Taco is a state over. Any chance you'd be willing to get codes for some Paypal?

#123 TheDeadEye

TheDeadEye

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:34 PM

I thought I remember hearing that our characters/progress from the Open Beta transfer to the Head Start and then into full retail?

If not, I'm a little bummed! I'm so close to ditching this slow ship!

Everything is wiped after the end of Open Beta and then the Head Start begins fresh.
[Insert Amusing Signature Here]
Posted Image
Posted Image

#124 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:35 PM

Im pretty sure there was an online star trek game for the pc it was from the same people who made

WWE with autority back in 2001..

still think it was called Star Trek Conquest
WOOOO I STINK

#125 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:41 PM

Slidecage, if you don't have anything to add, please don't post in this thread.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#126 matthewrex

matthewrex

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:58 PM

I'll see what I can do with the Del Taco codes. If they let me buy 5 or 6 large sodas, I'll do it. :)

If not, I'll pop by a couple of times after work and try to get some. Can't make any promises though!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#127 KingDox

KingDox

Scream My Name

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2010 - 10:29 PM

Im pretty sure there was an online star trek game for the pc it was from the same people who made

WWE with autority back in 2001..

still think it was called Star Trek Conquest

Star Trek: ConQuest Online

http://pc.ign.com/ar...4/164215p1.html

I expect this game to last longer then conquest did. Conquest looks like it was a pile of garbage.

#128 Keen314

Keen314

CAGsiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2010 - 10:58 PM

I'll see what I can do with the Del Taco codes. If they let me buy 5 or 6 large sodas, I'll do it. :)

If not, I'll pop by a couple of times after work and try to get some. Can't make any promises though!

Awesome. :applause: You should be able to just ask for the Large sodas without the soda. Some guy on the STO forums did this and got a few dozen cups.

#129 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2010 - 11:56 PM

Okay, so there was a two-player card game for the PC. That's no more an MMO than Star Trek D-A-C, or the many other Star trek games with multiplayer components.

Hey, you guys who asked to join the Fleet or who I PMed about it, accept the invites already. :)

-Paul Acevedo

#130 matthewrex

matthewrex

Posted 22 January 2010 - 03:35 AM

Alright, I managed to snag one cup for me, one for a friend, and one for a CAG-er that already asked me via PM. Here's the deal, the cups are $2 +tax each, and I'd like to factor in a bit for gas too, if you guys want them.

The manager was really nice and seemed genuinely interested in the game. I talked to him for a bit and he was really cool with selling me as many as I wanted. I didn't want to spend $20 on stupid cups before I got any kind of a tally from you guys.

I'm happy to work something out, let's try and figure out what would be fair.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#131 matthewrex

matthewrex

Posted 22 January 2010 - 05:43 AM

Not sure if this is supposed to be "hush hush" but I found something on the internets. Go to http://startrekonline.com/enter_key and copy/paste this in: "JIH MUSHA SOH". This activates a special "Wrath of Kahn Admiral's Uniform" to your account.

Enjoy!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#132 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 22 January 2010 - 05:48 AM

Thanks for that.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#133 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2010 - 06:59 AM

Awesome, Mathewrex! That must be the preorder code that comes with Season 3/Best of STar Trek TNG V.2. How silly of them not to include unique codes with every copy, but great for us.

Just let us know how much you want for the codes - if you take 3 or 4 people's orders at once, gas should be less of an issue.

Keen and Mathewrex, I am still disappointed at your lack of Fleet joinage. C'mon...

-Paul Acevedo

#134 friedram

friedram

PC Game Box Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2010 - 07:05 AM

I'm going to uninstall the beta - no reason to keep it around. Hopefully in a year or two it'll be worth playing.
Core i7, Rampage II Extreme, HAF case, 300 Gig 10,000 RPM drive, 2x 1.5 Terabyte secondary, 6 Gigs Tri-channel ram, ATI 5970 2GB Dual video card - graphics, 8800GTS for PhsX, Logitech G13 & G15 Logitech Z-680's

24 in Dell 2407FPW Ultrasharp™ Flat Panel Monitor Wide

WD-62827 : 62"
1080p DLP™ HDTV

http://www.mitsubish...ls.html?cid=133

#135 boxcutter

boxcutter

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 22 January 2010 - 08:13 AM

I'll try to get a few codes, seems if i just buy the extra large drink. its like 2$ for an x-large here in California, but the first Del Taco I went to had no idea about the cups, ill keep you guys up to date.
As for the fleet, my steam id is: boxcutter

edit: PM me, ill be trying tomorrow, I think I'll buy upwards of 5 extra in one trip besides the one im grabbing for me and my buddy. I'll just charge you 2$ for it once i have it in hand

#136 starkillr

starkillr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2010 - 08:44 AM

Wow that's the code I got for the admiral uniform. The goofs didn't differentiate. Fortunately the blu ray is awesome so no loss :)

Edited by starkillr, 22 January 2010 - 09:08 AM.
iphone has wierd suggestions for spelling...

#137 Mysterio

Mysterio

Death to hoarders!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2010 - 01:15 PM

Not sure if this is supposed to be "hush hush" but I found something on the internets. Go to http://startrekonline.com/enter_key and copy/paste this in: "JIH MUSHA SOH". This activates a special "Wrath of Kahn Admiral's Uniform" to your account.

Enjoy!

Nice find! Thanks!

#138 friedram

friedram

PC Game Box Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2010 - 03:07 PM

That is cool
Core i7, Rampage II Extreme, HAF case, 300 Gig 10,000 RPM drive, 2x 1.5 Terabyte secondary, 6 Gigs Tri-channel ram, ATI 5970 2GB Dual video card - graphics, 8800GTS for PhsX, Logitech G13 & G15 Logitech Z-680's

24 in Dell 2407FPW Ultrasharp™ Flat Panel Monitor Wide

WD-62827 : 62"
1080p DLP™ HDTV

http://www.mitsubish...ls.html?cid=133

#139 matthewrex

matthewrex

Posted 22 January 2010 - 03:34 PM

Alrighty, screw the gas, everyone who wants one (I'll probably do up to five each run) shoot me a PM and we'll make this happen. $2 and if you feel like pitching in for gas, be my guest, but it isn't required. :)

Also, I can't go on forever, so I'm committing to 2 or 3 runs as of now, so 10 or 15 cups total. But if the manager lets me go nuts, I can try to get as many cups as there's demand for...

---

Also, my steam id is "MatthewRex". I sent a PM to someone about the fleet but I guess it wasn't to the right person?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#140 TwelveVolt

TwelveVolt

Nobody from Nowhere

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2010 - 04:15 PM

After the patch last night, I think I'm gonna pull the trigger and pre-order. Still don't like the limit on character slots, but hopefully they fix it in the future. I can't imagine a bunch of people (who buy the game without knowing) will like it and hopefully push Cryptic into adding a couple more.

Is there a consensus about which is the best pre-order bonus? I like the Gamestop one, but I really hate giving them my money, and it's cheaper/free shipping/release date delivery on amazon. Living in BFE, I'll have to get it shipped no matter what.

#141 turls

turls

Clouds: no, Sunshine: yes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2010 - 04:19 PM

Not being a big MMO guy (in fact this is my first really since Conan and the cheap timecards I got from Hastings are still unused), what is the big deal about character slots? I got lifetime, so I am going to end up with four or five, which seems like enough for the family to use (2 of us). Mind you, I'm not going to be playing 50 hours a week or anything, probably 10 or less at most.

#142 TwelveVolt

TwelveVolt

Nobody from Nowhere

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2010 - 04:30 PM

Not being a big MMO guy (in fact this is my first really since Conan and the cheap timecards I got from Hastings are still unused), what is the big deal about character slots? I got lifetime, so I am going to end up with four or five, which seems like enough for the family to use (2 of us). Mind you, I'm not going to be playing 50 hours a week or anything, probably 10 or less at most.

There's 3 different "classes" and a multitude of different races. Add in the Klingon faction, and it'd take at least 6 character slots to try out each faction/class combo.

I'm an alt-aholic, I have probably 10 characters in WoW that I play on a regular basis, and many others that I created to try different things out. Being limited to 2 (or 3 once you unlock that slot) seems like nothing more than a money grab by Cryptic to get people to buy new slots (even though they won't confirm you'll even be able to buy more, AFAIK). I shouldn't have to shell out $120 up front to guarantee I'll have 2 more character slots.

#143 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2010 - 04:38 PM

Lawyers I do favor the GameStop bonus, though if you're not getting a lifetime sub, Amazon's Borg officer might be pretty attractive (plus the $10 gift card). Then again, Amazon doesn't sell the digital deluxe version, which has lots of good items.

One thing to consider is that if you buy through Steam, your Steam friends list will show people you're playing the game.

Also, please join the fleet after you preorder!

-Paul Acevedo

#144 Mysterio

Mysterio

Death to hoarders!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2010 - 05:04 PM

One thing to consider is that if you buy through Steam, your Steam friends list will show people you're playing the game.

Actually, you don't have to purchase a game on Steam to have access to the Steam overlay while playing a game. For games you do not purchase on Steam, simply go to your Steam "My games" tab, click on "Add non-Steam game...", and locate the game you want to add to your Steam "My games" tab (or browse for the game's executable (.exe), if the game's not listed). Launching the game from that tab (or right-clicking on it, choosing "Create desktop shortcut", and using that desktop shortcut) will give you access to the Steam overlay while playing the game and show you playing that game ("In non-Steam game" as opposed to "In-Game") on all your friends' lists.

EDIT: Desktop icons created from the "My games" tab use the blank icon. To change the icon to the game's icon, do the following:

Right-click on shortcut
Click on "Properties"
Click on "Change Icon..."
Browse to the game's executable (.exe)
Select icon
Click "Ok" twice

#145 matthewrex

matthewrex

Posted 22 January 2010 - 05:27 PM

Great tip! Thanks Mysterio!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#146 Keen314

Keen314

CAGsiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2010 - 05:30 PM

Is there a consensus about which is the best pre-order bonus? I like the Gamestop one, but I really hate giving them my money, and it's cheaper/free shipping/release date delivery on amazon. Living in BFE, I'll have to get it shipped no matter what.

I'm pretty meh on the Gamestop pre-order. From the info on the STO website, it sounds like it's just a different ship you have for the first 10 levels. I opted to go with Amazon, for the Borg Bridge Officer. With that and my Lifetime Borg Character, I can Borg it up on my ship. :bouncy:

#147 starkillr

starkillr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2010 - 06:41 PM

Lawyers-

From my experience in the beta I would say the most "lasting/valuable" pre-order is the Amazon one with the borg bridge officer. The Gamestop one is definitely nice, but you will grow out of that ship after the first 10 "levels". So say, 20 hours of gameplay and you will never use it again. The next ship type you can make to look exactly like the Constitution class (not a Trekkie, so please don't bash me if it's not exact :P ), so if you are getting it for that, it's not worth it. The other things are items you will replace anyways. The Digital Deluxe does have the Joined Trill, so if you aren't going lifetime (or are and don't care for the borg captain), then that's a good option. I prefer D2D over Steam only because the item is superior. So I suppose my recommendation is #1 Amazon #2 Direct2Drive if you want to double-dip (which is what I did).

#148 matthewrex

matthewrex

Posted 22 January 2010 - 07:28 PM

I went Amazon because I think the Officer will be the most valuable/longest lasting incentive.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#149 Frogurt.man

Frogurt.man

Posted 22 January 2010 - 07:32 PM

Son of a bitch.

http://forums.startr...2&postcount=271
Posted ImagePosted Image

#150 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 22 January 2010 - 07:38 PM

I think that makes sense really.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.