• Please log in to reply
1236 replies to this topic

#181 Zeldafanatic15

Zeldafanatic15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2010 - 07:20 PM

I'm only at level 8 right now.

I'm still trying to figure out what version I want to buy. I'm a sucker for CEs, but there are so many different exclusives.

#182 soulvengeance

soulvengeance

Beating dead horses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2010 - 07:29 PM

I'm only at level 8 right now.

I'm still trying to figure out what version I want to buy. I'm a sucker for CEs, but there are so many different exclusives.

I went with Amazon because I figured the borg officer would be the most useful for a while. Though the starship from gamestop was tempting too.
mytradelist:
http://www.cheapassg...864#post2614864

Calls this what you may, but I would say that Blacks actually benefited from the slavery. Comparing the current lives of many African Americans to Africans, one can see that the former live in much better conditions with greater freedoms and opportunities.

#183 starkillr

starkillr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2010 - 07:39 PM

Amazon should email you within a day or two. I had pre-ordered for several months prior so I got my code the day before open beta.

#184 Zeldafanatic15

Zeldafanatic15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2010 - 07:42 PM

Yeah, that Borg officer is really tempting. And I don't care too much about the starship since I'll get one at level 11.

#185 Keen314

Keen314

CAGsiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2010 - 08:14 PM

Quick edit, if I ordered from Amazon, are they going to send me a code for the head start stuff, or does it come in the box?

Your beta key gets you into head start. It also lasts you for a little while after the game comes out. Cryptic setup the keys with a grace period after release, so if you don't get your box on the day the game comes out you're not locked out of playing.

#186 FatGamer

FatGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2010 - 11:01 PM

If anyone needs a del-taco code for the "bird of prey" cup, I got an extra. Send me a PM, first PM gets it.

#187 weevles

weevles

Posted 24 January 2010 - 11:06 PM

PM sent! :)

#188 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 25 January 2010 - 12:25 AM

Finally purchased the lifetime sub, had to do it.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#189 steveinneed

steveinneed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2010 - 12:45 AM

any codes left?

#190 kosmos13x

kosmos13x

Nocturne #BNC

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2010 - 12:52 AM

have a question about the sto forums themselves. Just out of curiosity, when u look at a user's profile on the forums, right next to it where it indicates either online/offline (in a small black box) does that indicate the user being online atm for the forums, inside the actual game, or both?

#191 modano79

modano79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2010 - 01:04 AM

I'm checking out the beta and new to this MMORPG stuff, I'm not sure what to make of all of it. I am thinking not so much worth the 15 a month and I'm a die hard trekkie...I feel ashamed

#192 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2010 - 01:44 AM

I'm checking out the beta and new to this MMORPG stuff, I'm not sure what to make of all of it. I am thinking not so much worth the 15 a month and I'm a die hard trekkie...I feel ashamed

Well, play more. It takes a while to get used to, and the missions get better farther in.

Welcome to the lifetime club, Jp!!!!

#193 Zeldafanatic15

Zeldafanatic15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2010 - 01:55 AM

I'm very tempted to get the lifetime subscription after playing this beta.

I'll actually probably get the CE at Target, I work there, so I get a 10% discount, plus I have a $5 off coupon, and some gift cards.

#194 soulvengeance

soulvengeance

Beating dead horses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2010 - 04:50 AM

I'm going to go ahead and get the lifetime sub after I get my code from amazon, I'm enjoying it a lot and have had to take forced timeouts so I can get some other stuff done during the day.:)
mytradelist:

Calls this what you may, but I would say that Blacks actually benefited from the slavery. Comparing the current lives of many African Americans to Africans, one can see that the former live in much better conditions with greater freedoms and opportunities.

#195 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2010 - 05:22 AM

That's great Docvinh! Would you like to join the CAG Star Trek Online Fleet? Just PM your Steam userID to me and I'll send you an invite.

Zeldafan, you're invited too.

http://www.cheapassg...pictureid=11296

#196 Fac3man

Fac3man

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2010 - 05:52 AM

I never really got into MMO's but I am enjoying this, maybe because i sit around and quote Pricard as i maneuver my ship in the space battles.

#197 weevles

weevles

Posted 25 January 2010 - 05:56 AM

The space battles are so fun! I enjoy the fast action, arcade-y controls, and tactical strategy you can employ. I think I'm pretty comfortable with my decision to go lifetime now.

#198 avatar94

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2010 - 08:40 AM

I knew I shouldn't have started on the beta because now I'm hooked. I've been avoiding MMOs since SWG but I think this one's got me for a lifetime sub. Now I just gotta decide between the Amazon Borg crew member or all the Direct2Drive extras at a higher cost and with no physical package. Have we found a majority favorite on here yet?

#199 weevles

weevles

Posted 25 January 2010 - 10:03 AM

I almost went w/Amazon, but it's going to take too long to get the game (I can't get Release Date delivery where I live)--plus they never got back to me about the pre-order codes for beta access (needed to pre-purchase the lifetime sub promo). Went with Steam's Digital Deluxe and happy so far. Lots of nice items for $20 less. Got code in a few minutes.

#200 Dwapook

Dwapook

Raging Goblin Maniac!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2010 - 10:46 AM

In the beta.. Liking it a lot, got a lifetime subscription.. The ability to make a goblin captain and crew helped me a lot with that decision!

#201 soulvengeance

soulvengeance

Beating dead horses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2010 - 12:39 PM

That's great Docvinh! Would you like to join the CAG Star Trek Online Fleet? Just PM your Steam userID to me and I'll send you an invite.

Thanks, Jp already took care of me though.:)
mytradelist:

#202 matthewrex

matthewrex

Posted 25 January 2010 - 12:58 PM

I'm doing a hold on codes for now. Got a few more PMs and I need to clear through those before I do any more. Also, having a bit of a family emergency at the moment, so everyone who PM'd me: have a little bit of patience for me.

Thanks!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#203 matthewrex

matthewrex

Posted 25 January 2010 - 01:15 PM

Also: now you all are making me doubt the Collector's Edition. It seems the only "in game" items worth anything are…

Amazon's Collector's Pre-Order
Borg Officer (STO site says "These special Officers are not customizable.", does that mean no armor, shield, weapons or anything? or just no visual customizations?)
Costumes
Red Matter Capacitor

Whereas the Steam Deluxe Edition Pre-Order has
Joined Trill
Registry Prefix
Costumes
Automated Defense Battery
Chromodynamic Armor
Emotes

For $20 less. So I'm thinking I may just go with the steam pre-order. Even though the nice art stuff, badge, and physical copy are alluring. Thoughts?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#204 starkillr

starkillr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2010 - 01:21 PM

Agree with you Matt. CE version isn't worth it compared to digital deluxe.

#205 modano79

modano79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2010 - 01:32 PM

No invite for me? :(

#206 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 25 January 2010 - 01:35 PM

No invite for me? :(

What is your Steam ID? I can send invites as well.

all-banner.jpg

#207 FatGamer

FatGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2010 - 01:49 PM

Has anyone used the xbox 360 controller yet? I played beta 5 hours just to make sure I'd like everything. I'm a happy camper, purchased my lifetime already. I also went /w amazon (I love prime) for the $10 gift card (towards video games). I have always done CE's in the past for MMO's and have 9 out of 10 times been disappointed. This time, I'm just going to go standard.

#208 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 25 January 2010 - 02:01 PM

I thought about trying the 360 controller but wasn't sure if it was compatible and I couldn't see being able to do everything needed for the game off of the controller.

all-banner.jpg

#209 Lawyers Guns N Money

Lawyers Guns N Money

Nobody from Nowhere

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2010 - 04:51 PM

I think I'm gonna break out my nostromo n52 for this. Seems like it'd be a good fit.

#210 Keen314

Keen314

CAGsiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2010 - 05:36 PM

If you haven't seen it, I recommend Giant Bomb's coverage of STO. They have a bunch of videos posted. They're full of hilarious commentary, it's like a podcast combined with gameplay.

I think I'm gonna break out my nostromo n52 for this. Seems like it'd be a good fit.

I bought a G13 for this. It works really well with the game, and it makes combat more manageable.