Where's Mario Party 9?

Droenixjpn

CAGiversary!
Where is it... We got Mario Party 8 2-3 years ago.... where is Mario Party 9?

I absolutely loved the first several games, but Mario Party 8 felt more of a dissapointment. It didn't meet the quality of its previous titles.

I just hope Nintendo didn't abandon the Mario Party name. :/

There use to be a time where Nintendo would make a new Mario Party every freaking year, and at the time, it was getting damn old. They did sell though...

But yeah, good point actually, it has been a few years. Well, Mario Party DS did came out after Mario Party 9 (and it kicked ass too, best MP in years) so its not dead.

I don't think they abandon it, they are all multi-million selling games. I think it is only a matter of time before we see the next one honestly.

IMO New Super Mario Bros Wii is better than any Mario Party game. However, I suggest you try Dokapon Kingdom, which has some Mario Party elements in the game.

[quote name='Jmclark']Same here. And Wave Race. :([/QUOTE]

Wave Race is only good in the arcade though. Mainly because of that wind blowing in your hair. :D

I agree on F-Zero though.

Maybe Nintendo will make a plastic fan attachment to simulate wind blown hair... All of their games with add-ins seem to sell like hotcakes for a long time. :)

I remember reading a while back, I think in siliconera.com, but don't quote me, that Hudson was taking a break in Mario Party games. It didn't say they'd never produce another, though.

I liked the game too, hopefully they're making some adjustments to the formula since the latest additions weren't exactly helping the game move along.

Yeah I'm waiting for F-Zero as well, plus Starfox, Kirby, DK, and all their other top games that we haven't seen yet. And what about sequels to Earthbound or Startropics?

[quote name='crunchewy']We definitely need a new Kirby for the Wii and I hope they go the multiplayer 2D route.[/QUOTE]

agreed, Kirby needs to finally come to the Wii.

I think MP can just stay away till they get it right, 8 was total Meh.

[quote name='xycury']agreed, kirby needs to finally come to the wii.

I think mp can just stay away till they get it right, 8 was total meh.[/quote]

Yeah, Nintendo I think is trying to focus on the general fans this time around. Since, the general opinion seems to be everyone loves Mario, Zelda, and Samus.

Hopefully Hudson can make a better Mario Party next time around, Mario Party for the DS was fun, but for some reason I can't stand the DS. :/

If they release a Mario Party 9, they seriously need to add online play. Just do it, Nintendo.

And yeah, Mario Party DS is great. One of my most played DS games.

The last great Mario Party game was the first one. That's right, the one with the palm swirly games. It had the best boards because they were basic and not convoluted messes like every one since and it had the best batch of mini games.

Two was decent but they quickly went downhill fast after that.

The first one basically screwed my hand up for awhile. Lol...

So many good memories with the games on the N64. Me and my family would be playing it together having a good time. Ahh... good times.

[quote name='databuild']IMO New Super Mario Bros Wii is better than any Mario Party game. However, I suggest you try Dokapon Kingdom, which has some Mario Party elements in the game.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree - Dokapon Kingdom isn't perfect, but totally replaced Mario Party in my collection as the party game of choice. I love the RPG setting, opportunities for screwage, and wide selection of choices. The biggest downside is a pretty high learning curve for a party game...

[quote name='Droenixjpn']I played that on the DS, is the Wii version any different? (Dokapon Kingdom that is)[/QUOTE]Personally I prefer the Wii version, the DS one felt relatively dumbed down to me

[quote name='crunchewy']We definitely need a new Kirby for the Wii and I hope they go the multiplayer 2D route.[/QUOTE]
Well Hal hasn't been up to much besides a few DS games since Brawl came out, I wouldn't be surprised if we found out they're also working on a Kirby game for the Wii.

I would like a new Mario Party and I want it to follow a more Smash Bros. route with the characters. I want to be able to pick Link, dammit!

Yeah that'd be cool, but then they'd have to call it Nintendo Party, and everyone would go... "Huh?"

Actually, not a bad idea.

Star Fox 64 and Wave Race 64 were the two best games on their console IMO, it kills me that those series have been languishing since then (with the exception of Blue Storm, that was a solid game). A new F-Zero game would be another crown jewel in the Wii library.

I think the best games on the N64 were... Well, a lot of the one's I own. Lol

Pokemon Puzzle League, Super Mario 64, Wave Race 64, Super Smash Bros., Banjo Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie, Pokemon Stadium, Pokemon Stadium 2. etc.

I loved the N64 so much as a kid. :D

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I would like a new Mario Party and I want it to follow a more Smash Bros. route with the characters. I want to be able to pick Link, dammit![/QUOTE]
Smash Brothers is Iwata's and Sakurai's baby, I'm not sure that Iwata would let another Nintendo developer do something similar (the two big possibilities that jump to mind are of course Smash Party and Smash Kart).

Nintendo I think is trying to focus on the general fans this time around. But Wii has better games and the accesories are just a good and cool collection

I think Mario Party would be a general fan type game though, since it includes a lot of the Nintendo staple characters. Just not Link, Samus or Kirby.

But, I think Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games might have replaced Mario Party.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Mario Party 9 come out this fall. It's definitely time for something like that to come out and Nintendo needs fall release. I can't see Wii Relax being the mass casual game for Nintendo this fall, and if NSMBW has taught them anything...Casual Mario > everything

As a huge Nintendo fan, Mario Party is just OKAY to me. I never bought any of them, but I played most of them at some of my friends houses. I always preferred Mario Kart and Smash Bros as my multiplayer games of choice (on a Nintendo console)!

With that said... if they made a Nintendo Party with a Hyrule themed board, and a Zebes board, among others, I would buy it instantly.

bread's done
Back