O-H-I-O mega thread

Reaper0294

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Or, at least I hope it to be. With help from other Ohio CAG's at least. :) The other one we had, the OP got banned and I was hoping this would be okay. That way important info could be put on the front page.

Ill be able to update this probably once a day, or at the very least once every day twos. Unless I go on vacation, which isn't often.

I'm looking to try and get a good list of things like stores that do run sales, stores that run sales frequently, stores closing down etc. Basically info that really helps CAGs in Ohio get good deals.

I'm hoping to organize this by City. Or, maybe by county would be better? I'm going to start with cities (This is just from craigslist, which I'm hoping has almost all or all of the cities. I know the main ones but probably not all of them off the top of my head)

Akron-Canton
-FYE at belden village mall is closing. checked on 1/12/10, everything is confirmed 50% off. Not a lot of stock though, especially 360 games. Closes 1/23/10

Ashtabula

Athens

Cincinnati

Chatham-Kent

Cleveland

Columbus
-Play it (an Indie game store, various locations) Polaris, corner of henderson rd / high st. PM Bill123 for more info

-VGMX. Sells some specialty items. Check their site site for more details and location.

-Ultimate Video Game Connection. Mention CAG and get an extra 10% off! Competitive prices usually, good amount of last gen stuff. Phone number is 614-501-3184. Heard good things.

Dayton

Detroit metro

Erie

Lima

Mansfield

Milford
-Play N Trade (Not a big selection but constant B2G1)

Meadville

Monroe

Northern Wv

Parkersburg

Pittsburgh

Sandusky

Springfield

Steubenville

Toledo

Tuscarawas Co

Windsor

Youngstown

Zanesville

Let's get this going! I'll be able to do a lot more looking around in a few weeks when I get my license, which should hopefully help.

Last edited by a moderator:
I approve of this thread!

2 things, was just at that FYE at Belden a week ago, and basically everything was 50% off. Not a LOT left, I took most of the decent 360 games left, but there were still a LOT of games for all systems. They close on January 23rd (I asked the cashier and he told me that date). Not sure what day they're moving things up in discount, but I figure 50% is decent for now.

Second, I know of a decent little pawn shop (can't think of the name right now) in Tuscarawas Co. that sells all 360 and PS3 games for $10 and all PS2, Xbox, and GC games for $5, no matter what the game, but the selection is VERY hit or miss.

You might want to add "Cincinnati" and "Dayton". I live right in between them (1/2 the time), and they are pretty major cities.

EDIT : Thanks!

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Delaware/Lewis Center area(just north of Columbus).[/QUOTE]

same here. thought I'd throw out I work at an indie game store called play it. We have 3 stores in the columbus area.

Polaris (where I work)
corner of henderson rd / high st.
13th ave. campus area.
PM me if you got questions.

bill

I'm in Mansfield, where we have three game stores and two of them are Gamestop. The possibilities are endless and exciting! /s

Admittedly, I haven't been in the indie shop in quite a long time. That's something I should do but, hey, I've got four dollars to my name. We also have no jobs.

Live around the Cincy area here, and we've got a few independent game shops around. I've avoided Gameswap over the past couple years, I think they tend to overprice their older stuff quite a bit, and the trade in prices they offer for stuff is ridiculously low.

The Play N Trade in Milford doesn't have a huge selection, but they do offer a constant buy 2 get 1.

I've visited the Game Place (or Game Shop? can't remember the name!) on Beechmont a time or two, and I've had a little luck finding some things there that I couldn't at Gamestop, in pretty good shape too.

Goodwills around this area are pretty much devoid of game stuff from what I've seen, it's rare that I run into anything worthwhile.

Up in the Mason/Deerfield area north of downtown Cincinnati. I'll be sure to post any good finds. Thanks for a fresh OH thread.

I'm in Canton, but I haven't really done much deal hunting lately because my backlog and pre-orders are piling up really fast, lol. I'll make sure to post anything I find though.

[quote name='mykevermin']Athens isn't a city.[/QUOTE]

It is where my college is located, though. It's a really nice college town, but when you leave the area near campus it turns into hickville.

athens is hickville outside of the college. eesh.

also, i just called that fye in canton, and the woman i talked to said that games are 40-70% off right now, depending on the game. so i guess calling isn't worth a crap because everything was 50% off, and i don't feel like driving all the way up there tonight to confirm for the sake of the last few days of this sale.

[quote name='chimpster1313']I approve of this thread!

2 things, was just at that FYE at Belden a week ago, and basically everything was 50% off. Not a LOT left, I took most of the decent 360 games left, but there were still a LOT of games for all systems. They close on January 23rd (I asked the cashier and he told me that date). Not sure what day they're moving things up in discount, but I figure 50% is decent for now.

Second, I know of a decent little pawn shop (can't think of the name right now) in Tuscarawas Co. that sells all 360 and PS3 games for $10 and all PS2, Xbox, and GC games for $5, no matter what the game, but the selection is VERY hit or miss.[/QUOTE]

Dang, I haven't gone to the mall in quite awhile. Wish I would have known sooner. How did the PS3 games look? Think it would be worth going to this evening?

if you live within 15-20 minutes, it might at least be worth a look. when i was there a week ago they actually had a few copies of fallout 3 for ps3 at $60 (before 50% off), and i almost bit simply for the sake of goozex or trade bait, but i knew i could get it cheaper, so if they still have it and it's at 70% off, that could be worth it. i live over half an hour away and i'm still thinking about going back up simply because they close in 2 days.

[quote name='chimpster1313']if you live within 15-20 minutes, it might at least be worth a look. when i was there a week ago they actually had a few copies of fallout 3 for ps3 at $60 (before 50% off), and i almost bit simply for the sake of goozex or trade bait, but i knew i could get it cheaper, so if they still have it and it's at 70% off, that could be worth it. i live over half an hour away and i'm still thinking about going back up simply because they close in 2 days.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply! I"m about 20 or so minutes away too. Already have Fallout on the 360, but you're right that could make good trade. I may have to run down tonight after I get home from classes. If anything I'll probably head there tomorrow morning after I get off work.

Whoa, Bill123...I live in Delaware as well on OWU's campus.

Anyways, There's a store called Video Game and Music Xchange here in Columbus that has good prices on new and used games. All of their new releases are atleast $5 off msrp and they have printable coupons on their website, http://www.vgmx.com/.

[quote name='chimpster1313']if you live within 15-20 minutes, it might at least be worth a look. when i was there a week ago they actually had a few copies of fallout 3 for ps3 at $60 (before 50% off), and i almost bit simply for the sake of goozex or trade bait, but i knew i could get it cheaper, so if they still have it and it's at 70% off, that could be worth it. i live over half an hour away and i'm still thinking about going back up simply because they close in 2 days.[/QUOTE]

I actually live less than five minutes away. If I wake up early enough and remember tomorrow morning I might run out and give it a check. That would be my last shot though because I leave tomorrow at noon and won't be back till after they are closed. If I do happen to make it out there, I'll try to make a list of everything at 70% off.

[quote name='Droogs']Whoa, Bill123...I live in Delaware as well on OWU's campus.

Anyways, There's a store called Video Game and Music Xchange here in Columbus that has good prices on new and used games. All of their new releases are atleast $5 off msrp and they have printable coupons on their website, http://www.vgmx.com/.[/QUOTE]

Nice we delaware CAG's gotta meet up sometime.

[quote name='Droogs']Whoa, Bill123...I live in Delaware as well on OWU's campus.

Anyways, There's a store called Video Game and Music Xchange here in Columbus that has good prices on new and used games. All of their new releases are atleast $5 off msrp and they have printable coupons on their website, http://www.vgmx.com/.[/QUOTE]

Delaware here as well damn 3 cags here lol. VGMX is great I have visited the one on Schrock road and the one off Hilliard-Rome a few times.

Looks like I won't be making that FYE run to get prices posted guys, sorry. I slept in and need to be ready to leave in half an hour.

My newly opened store is in Reynoldsburg, OH (just outside of Columbus).

8112 E Broad Street, Reynoldsburg, OH next to the newer Target (which is next to the Meijer).

Ultimate Video Game Connection

Mention CAG and get an extra 10 percent off (we keep our prices pretty low as well) or 10 percent extra in trade.

We kind of specialize in pre current gen stuff, but we also have a very healthy stock of all new and used current gen games (all new games are below retail as well).

Phone number for the store is 614-501-3184 (somehow screwed up the number earlier)

Any questions about anything regarding the store, you can PM me or call the store.

Thanks
Sara

[quote name='raregamergirl']My newly opened store is in Reynoldsburg, OH (just outside of Columbus).

8112 E Broad Street, Reynoldsburg, OH next to the newer Target (which is next to the Meijer).

Mention CAG and get an extra 10 percent off (we keep our prices pretty low as well) or 10 percent extra in trade.

We kind of specialize in pre current gen stuff, but we also have a very healthy stock of all new and used current gen games (all new games are below retail as well).

Phone number for the store is 614-598-0231

Any questions about anything regarding the store, you can PM me or call the store.

Thanks
Sara[/QUOTE]

got a name for this place?

[quote name='chimpster1313']got a name for this place?[/QUOTE]

Ultimate Video Game Connection. I Googled the address. The listing has a different number than the two previously mentioned.

The correct phone number is the 614-501-3184 number, it is my store but I could not even remember the number and looked up the wrong number in my phone.

The stores name is indeed Ultimate Video Game Connection, edited the post to add it in.

Thanks
Sara

[quote name='raregamergirl']The correct phone number is the 614-501-3184 number, it is my store but I could not even remember the number and looked up the wrong number in my phone.

The stores name is indeed Ultimate Video Game Connection, edited the post to add it in.

Thanks
Sara[/QUOTE]

Hey just heard about you guys the other day. A couple of guys who I work with stopped by there and had nothing but fantastic things to say. I gotta make a point to stop by there some time.

[quote name='snives']Looks like I won't be making that FYE run to get prices posted guys, sorry. I slept in and need to be ready to leave in half an hour.[/QUOTE]

No worries snives. I went down there and there wasn't really any good deals. All the games were 40%-70% off but there was no way to know which had what discount. Also despite being quite a bit there for the 360 and PS3 it was all older stuff still marked at $59.99. So even with a markdown it wouldn't have been very worth it.

All in all I wasn't very impressed. But the trip wasn't a total loss on the way out of the mall I poked in Gamestop there and finally grabbed a copy of Valkyria Chronicles for $20.

[quote name='Pango5k']No worries snives. I went down there and there wasn't really any good deals. All the games were 40%-70% off but there was no way to know which had what discount. Also despite being quite a bit there for the 360 and PS3 it was all older stuff still marked at $59.99. So even with a markdown it wouldn't have been very worth it.

All in all I wasn't very impressed. But the trip wasn't a total loss on the way out of the mall I poked in Gamestop there and finally grabbed a copy of Valkyria Chronicles for $20.[/QUOTE]

thank you so much for posting this. i was debating about going up again today, and this just convinced me to not. i don't know what they did between then and now, but the experience was much nicer simply because they had everything marked at 50% off

Updated with all the new info. Good job guys! This is really starting to be good, I'm especially liking the indie stores. Lots of good stuff.

Hey thought I'd pass this along to you guys here My boss was able to secure some of the LE Mass effect 2 games for tomorrow. If anyone is looking for one and can't grab one from local retailers gimme a call tomorrow and I'll see if we have any left to sell you. The number is 614-436-1111 and my name is Bill

[quote name='raregamergirl']My newly opened store is in Reynoldsburg, OH (just outside of Columbus).

Ultimate Video Game Connection

Phone number for the store is 614-501-3184 (somehow screwed up the number earlier)

Thanks
Sara[/QUOTE]

Awesome, grew up in Reynoldsburg. I'll have to check the place out next time I'm in town.

Hey, for anyone in or around Massillon, I was up at the Target on Lincoln Way earlier today, and they had a pretty decent amount of clearance stuff for all systems, but it wasn't all at 75% off yet. There was a lot, though, AND it was nicely organized. So bonus incentive for if you're close.

Awesome chimpster. I live by 12th and Perry, so that is only like 10 minutes for me :) I'll probably swing by tomorrow with a CAG friend (assuming he didn't already see this and go tonight :p). If I have the motivation, I'll try to check the one by the Strip also on my way back from class in Akron.

I can confirm what chimpster says. I was there the other day. Quite a good selection, way better than the Belden Village one. Didn't find anything for myself, but one of the best looking clearance ends I've seen at a Target.

Just hit both the Beldin and Tusc Targets in Canton. My friend grabbed Lego Batman for PC for I think $7 and Shaun White LE for $11. The only 'great' price I saw was Madden '09 for the PS3 for 7.50, felt like playing a football game for the past 5 years if not longer.

[quote name='dchadwell']Live around the Cincy area here, and we've got a few independent game shops around. I've avoided Gameswap over the past couple years, I think they tend to overprice their older stuff quite a bit, and the trade in prices they offer for stuff is ridiculously low.

The Play N Trade in Milford doesn't have a huge selection, but they do offer a constant buy 2 get 1.

I've visited the Game Place (or Game Shop? can't remember the name!) on Beechmont a time or two, and I've had a little luck finding some things there that I couldn't at Gamestop, in pretty good shape too.

Goodwills around this area are pretty much devoid of game stuff from what I've seen, it's rare that I run into anything worthwhile.[/QUOTE]

I didn't know that about that Play N Trade. Will have to check it out.

I will second your comment about avoiding Gameswap. That place sucks.

Gameswap used to be good until they moved into that larger location in the same mall, the place is too big for their short supply. It's like Magic center in there.

Anyone know of any mom and pop shops that like to sell games before release date around the Milford/Eastgate/Batavia area?

[quote name='life.exe']Anyone know of any mom and pop shops that like to sell games before release date around the Milford/Eastgate/Batavia area?[/QUOTE]

When I lived in Cincy last year, I felt like I searched that place to death looking for some, and couldn't find any.

Posted this in the old thread before I saw there was a new one: I'm in the Dayton area and looking for an NES top loader, are there any game stores that'd have one or am I better off getting one online?

Just a quick update on the Milford Play-N-Trade, they technically aren't running the buy 2 get 1 free constantly anymore. It's been replaced by the buy 1 get 1 50% off. That said, if you are in there a lot, as I am, the buy 2 get 1 free can still be had. Literally haven't found much I wanted to buy there in months though.

Was in Coshocton for work the other night and found a place called Gamescape. There's apparently 3 in the northeast Ohio area. They sell a lot of stuff, but the new games look resealed. I did pick up 360 Dead Space for $15.99 used, though, which is the cheapest I've ever seen it used. It was in great condition, too.

[quote name='tankexmortis']Posted this in the old thread before I saw there was a new one: I'm in the Dayton area and looking for an NES top loader, are there any game stores that'd have one or am I better off getting one online?[/QUOTE]

If you're in the mood for a 2+ hour drive, the Allied Records on Reynolds in Toledo has one for like $40, but that seems unlikely.

[quote name='tankexmortis']Posted this in the old thread before I saw there was a new one: I'm in the Dayton area and looking for an NES top loader, are there any game stores that'd have one or am I better off getting one online?[/QUOTE]

The Game Haven on Airway still has a couple. Sadly, they're still $125.

bread's done
Back