O-H-I-O mega thread

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#31 Reaper0294

Reaper0294

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2010 - 11:50 PM

Updated with all the new info. Good job guys! This is really starting to be good, I'm especially liking the indie stores. Lots of good stuff.
Ohio CAG's, please check this thread out to help you and your fellow Cag's!

#32 bill123

bill123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 04:05 AM

Hey thought I'd pass this along to you guys here My boss was able to secure some of the LE Mass effect 2 games for tomorrow. If anyone is looking for one and can't grab one from local retailers gimme a call tomorrow and I'll see if we have any left to sell you. The number is 614-436-1111 and my name is Bill

55877.png
563306.png

#33 dchadwell

dchadwell

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2010 - 11:00 PM

My newly opened store is in Reynoldsburg, OH (just outside of Columbus).

8112 E Broad Street, Reynoldsburg, OH next to the newer Target (which is next to the Meijer).

Ultimate Video Game Connection

Mention CAG and get an extra 10 percent off (we keep our prices pretty low as well) or 10 percent extra in trade.

We kind of specialize in pre current gen stuff, but we also have a very healthy stock of all new and used current gen games (all new games are below retail as well).

Phone number for the store is 614-501-3184 (somehow screwed up the number earlier)

Any questions about anything regarding the store, you can PM me or call the store.

Thanks
Sara

Awesome, grew up in Reynoldsburg. I'll have to check the place out next time I'm in town.

#34 chimpster1313

chimpster1313

Cleveland Sports Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2010 - 11:11 PM

Hey, for anyone in or around Massillon, I was up at the Target on Lincoln Way earlier today, and they had a pretty decent amount of clearance stuff for all systems, but it wasn't all at 75% off yet. There was a lot, though, AND it was nicely organized. So bonus incentive for if you're close.
Posted Image

#35 snives

snives

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2010 - 12:36 AM

Awesome chimpster. I live by 12th and Perry, so that is only like 10 minutes for me :) I'll probably swing by tomorrow with a CAG friend (assuming he didn't already see this and go tonight :P). If I have the motivation, I'll try to check the one by the Strip also on my way back from class in Akron.

#36 Pango5k

Pango5k

Now with Retsyn!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2010 - 01:31 PM

I can confirm what chimpster says. I was there the other day. Quite a good selection, way better than the Belden Village one. Didn't find anything for myself, but one of the best looking clearance ends I've seen at a Target.

#37 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2010 - 05:24 PM

Columbus area Cags how do our Targets look for clearance games?
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#38 snives

snives

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2010 - 06:34 PM

Just hit both the Beldin and Tusc Targets in Canton. My friend grabbed Lego Batman for PC for I think $7 and Shaun White LE for $11. The only 'great' price I saw was Madden '09 for the PS3 for 7.50, felt like playing a football game for the past 5 years if not longer.

#39 life.exe

life.exe

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2010 - 03:36 AM

Live around the Cincy area here, and we've got a few independent game shops around. I've avoided Gameswap over the past couple years, I think they tend to overprice their older stuff quite a bit, and the trade in prices they offer for stuff is ridiculously low.

The Play N Trade in Milford doesn't have a huge selection, but they do offer a constant buy 2 get 1.

I've visited the Game Place (or Game Shop? can't remember the name!) on Beechmont a time or two, and I've had a little luck finding some things there that I couldn't at Gamestop, in pretty good shape too.

Goodwills around this area are pretty much devoid of game stuff from what I've seen, it's rare that I run into anything worthwhile.

I didn't know that about that Play N Trade. Will have to check it out.

I will second your comment about avoiding Gameswap. That place sucks.

#40 SolidMetal

SolidMetal

Posted 31 January 2010 - 10:01 PM

Gameswap used to be good until they moved into that larger location in the same mall, the place is too big for their short supply. It's like Magic center in there.

#41 life.exe

life.exe

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2010 - 08:56 PM

Anyone know of any mom and pop shops that like to sell games before release date around the Milford/Eastgate/Batavia area?

#42 chimpster1313

chimpster1313

Cleveland Sports Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2010 - 07:23 AM

Anyone know of any mom and pop shops that like to sell games before release date around the Milford/Eastgate/Batavia area?

When I lived in Cincy last year, I felt like I searched that place to death looking for some, and couldn't find any.
Posted Image

#43 chimpster1313

chimpster1313

Cleveland Sports Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2010 - 11:40 PM

I was at the Wal-Mart in Massillon/Navarre on Monday, and found The Wire seasons 1 & 2 for $28.xx per season. Wasn't sure how YMMV this was, so I figured I would post it in here along with the link to the thread since it's an Ohio thing.

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=251858
Posted Image

#44 tankexmortis

tankexmortis

SHAQFUSHAQFUSHAQFU

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2010 - 06:40 PM

Posted this in the old thread before I saw there was a new one: I'm in the Dayton area and looking for an NES top loader, are there any game stores that'd have one or am I better off getting one online?

#45 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 26 February 2010 - 06:49 PM

Just a quick update on the Milford Play-N-Trade, they technically aren't running the buy 2 get 1 free constantly anymore. It's been replaced by the buy 1 get 1 50% off. That said, if you are in there a lot, as I am, the buy 2 get 1 free can still be had. Literally haven't found much I wanted to buy there in months though.
"Red-Headed Pain In The Ass" - Wombat
Posted Image

#46 chimpster1313

chimpster1313

Cleveland Sports Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2010 - 06:52 PM

Was in Coshocton for work the other night and found a place called Gamescape. There's apparently 3 in the northeast Ohio area. They sell a lot of stuff, but the new games look resealed. I did pick up 360 Dead Space for $15.99 used, though, which is the cheapest I've ever seen it used. It was in great condition, too.
Posted Image

#47 time for bappar

time for bappar

Posted 23 June 2010 - 04:55 PM

Posted this in the old thread before I saw there was a new one: I'm in the Dayton area and looking for an NES top loader, are there any game stores that'd have one or am I better off getting one online?

If you're in the mood for a 2+ hour drive, the Allied Records on Reynolds in Toledo has one for like $40, but that seems unlikely.

#48 JDN169

JDN169

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2010 - 06:52 PM

The Game Haven on Airway still has a couple. Sadly, they're still $125.