Reliable Wireless N router?

Z_meista

CAGiversary!
So I'm looking for a reliable wireless N router. I have been looking at Linksys, D-Link, and Netgear. What are your recommendations?

I've tried several of the Linksys N routers, and didn't like any of them. I've been using a netgear for the last 6 months, and haven't had any problems with it. Buffalo has been good to me in the past as well.

I'm also looking for one. Although, I'll accept a reliable G router...

I've always used Linksys without a problem.

I currently have a wireless N Linksys. And even though it works, I have a problem with it that it has horrible reach. It's currently set on automatic, but if I raise the data minimum it sends out making it have much better range, then it won't work with anything.

Thanks. I still don't know if I should get an N router though. Maybe the my internet connection wont improve anyway. I have up to 1.5 Mbps downstream and up to 384 kbps upstream.

LINKSYS FTW , But if you are going to use it for the XBOX360 cough...cough..as CheapyD said in his latest PodCast ( shitbox360 ) . Make sure you get an xbox live compatible router . Just google " Xbox live compatible wireless routers " . Its one of the first ones to from the top , it is on the official xbox.com/ website . Hope that helped

I also have a Netgear and they are great. Previously had a Linksys but it conked out on me. I think it got fried in a storm and the method of reflashing the firmware was just ridiculous, so I tossed it.

I recommend the TRENDnet TEW-639GR
had it for about 3 months now and its has worked flawlessly since day 1.
I have not had to re-set it or anything. Signal has always been good, and speed is excellent.
I run two 360 systems, a desktop pc, and a macbook pro through it.

Netgears and Belkins are terrible. Avoid at all costs.

Linksys used to be good, but the general conensus is that being bought out by Cisco has made them terrible. And this is being said after being a full Linksys dood for years, especially given the 54GL series, where you could run DD-WRT and other custom firmwares to greatly enhance their abilities.

The name of the day now - according to a bunch of research I've seen and looking at various reviews - is D-Links, but only if you get the higher end models. The 655 is about as good as you'll get for this price.

If performance isn't really a big deal, you might as well get a Linksys. Preferably one of the older models (blue with two antennas) versus the sleek black ones. Flashing firmware would be a good idea if it's capable and you are good with that sort of thing.

I have a new sleek black Linksys N router and I haven't had any problems with it so far (about 7 months). Only problem I've had is that I occasionally have to reset it for my PPTP to work.

And your internet access won't be any faster OP, any wireless connection has way more bandwidth than your internet connection (unless you're on b and you meant 1.5MBps rather than Mbps). I imagine now you're either on g or wired, which are 54Mbps and 100Mbps (or 1000Mbps if it's gigabit) respectively.

netgear routers have yet to let me down. There are some issues with some routers that claim to be N but are using preliminary versions of the N standard, so read up a bit first on "wireless n draft"!

Currently have a WRT54S with Tomato firmware and it is a beast and hasn't given me any problems since I installed Tomato. Just ordered the WRT320N to make a access point with the WRT54S to get better streaming with the PS3 hopefully and upstairs rooms.

bread's done
Back