Darksiders (360) 42.99 + Free Shipping Newegg

Great game, highly recommended. Especially if you like the Zelda games. I don't buy games at launch much anymore, but I did some trades and got this from Gamestop last Friday. It really is an excellent title.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='token2k6']very nice price! I suppose the fixed the screen tearing issue already..what console had the better version?[/QUOTE]
I believe the PS3 because of the screen tearing on the 360. I have it, and while its noticable it's really just too good not to play. Any reservations people have about the story can be put to rest merely by remembering what little story the great Ocarina of Time had.

Ouch - it hurts that less than a week ago I paid $57 for this, but let me just chime in that I can highly, highly recommend this game. If anybody remembers the game "Soul Reaver" with fond memories, this is quite similar to that, but way better - and the story isn't even THAT bad :)

I'm very surprised to see it drop in price so quickly, since according to vgchartz, it was the second highest selling title of the week (the 360 version, beaten only by New Super Mario Wii), and completely blew Bayonetta out of the water, doubling the latters sales.

I'd definitely pick it up at $40 if I didn't have it already!

hopefully 360 fixes the screen tearing. Im in for 1 anyway at $40 its a good price. good thing i dont get taxed on newegg.com.

In for Quake Wars at $10 shipped! With so many games to play and so little time, I can afford to wait until games hit my sweet spot price of $20 or less before buying.

Great price for a great game. I bought it last week for $15 more, and don't regret it.

Of course the console wars have to come into every thread. The 360 version has some screen tearing -- the developers have said there will be an update to fix this. So no biggie, and it doesn't affect gameplay for me at all. You can also install it on the HD, which the PS3 can't do.

I have both a PS3 and 360, and I'd jump on this to save the $15-$20 bucks if I didn't have the game already. We're cheapassgamers, right? :)

Great game. Bought it on a whim, with trade-in + gift card money. Turned out much better than I thought it would be. Combat is very god of war like, but items, dungeons, and story are Zelda like. I honestly didn't like God of war much because it just felt like mindless violence and hack and slash, but somehow this game makes you feel like you have a purpose.

There's even at least 1 panzer dragoon orta like part :).

[quote name='heavy liquid']Of course the console wars have to come into every thread. The 360 version has some screen tearing -- the developers have said there will be an update to fix this. So no biggie, and it doesn't affect gameplay for me at all. You can also install it on the HD, which the PS3 can't do.
[/QUOTE]

Good job on trying to stop that whole console war thing.

its deals like these that kill me. i dont think i can justify one more game even if its a deal like this on a game i want. chances are this can be had for the same or lower in the next few weeks, atleast thats what im going to tell myself to keep me from ordering.

[quote name='dino88']Good job on trying to stop that whole console war thing.[/QUOTE]

I know I was feeding the troll, but that door was already opened.
I was trying to illustrate that no one should feel bad about buying the 360 version (especially with a $15-$20 discount!), and there are in fact advantages it has.

[quote name='Rouzhokuu']Hmm, shame it's not the superior PS3 version.

Oh well.[/QUOTE]

I'm an achievement whore but I feel compelled to get every superior PS3 port because I hear when you get all 5 games together they transform into Uncharted 3.

There aren't 5 superior PS3 ports.

Thx for the post I picked in up right away with free shipping and no tax woot ^_^ Now just waiting on a deal for Bayonetta ...

5 Superiror PS3 Ports: Alone In the Dark, Asassins Creed 1, Dead Space, Bad Company, Darksiders

Last edited by a moderator:
i love this game...great mix of god of war like fighting and zelda style dungeons and puzzles. the controls aren't the greatest when trying to use special powers/moves and there is a lot of noticeable graphic hiccups, but it's definitely worth 40 bucks.

arrrrgh! I'm on the fence with this... I really want the game, but my backlog will keep me from playing it for a few weeks anyway, currently have about 8 in my backlog. I don't foresee a better deal than this coming up in the next few months though... what to do, what to do...

[quote name='Fatbot3']I'm an achievement whore but I feel compelled to get every superior PS3 port because I hear when you get all 5 games together they transform into Uncharted 3.

There aren't 5 superior PS3 ports.
[/QUOTE]

I am at work, so I can't think. But, aside from exclusives...

Darksiders(graphically better),
Batman Arkham Asylum (exlusive DLC),
Mirrors Edge (graphically better, exlusive DLC),
Assassins Creed 2 (exlusive connectivity with PSP for 7 new items),

all come to mind as superior versions of multiplatform games. Two years ago, most multiplatform games were superior on the 360, but these days- it has evened out.

I personally like the 360 more than my PS3, but don't be an fanboy. Enjoy the GAMES themself, don't revel in the hype of the console. Every console has great games.

Dammit, again they put the sale for the crappy console. We don't want the 360 version on sale, we want the PS3 version. What kind of idiot still has a 360 anyway? All the sane gamers gave it up months ago.

Guess I'll keep waiting. I've plenty to play in the meantime.

Hrmmm... seeing I'm still busy playing Bayonetta, I'll have to wait until they release a patch for the Xbox 360 version... maybe by then it will be even cheaper!

[quote name='token2k6']5 Superiror PS3 Ports: Alone In the Dark, Asassins Creed 1, Dead Space, Bad Company, Darksiders[/QUOTE]

I never played other games on PS3, but Assassins Creed 1 and Dead Space on PS3 runs at 15-25 while ones on 360 runs at 25-30 with visuals being the same.

In for one, I have both PS3 and 360 but I will always buy a game on the 360 over the PS3 because of the controller. I hate where the sticks are on playstation controllers, they were tacked on for the original playstation midway through its lifespan and they literally just kept them there for the next 15 years.

Anyways this game looks awesome.

fuck...I want this game, and the price is decent, but I still got a backlog of games from Black Friday and Pine Tree Day that I have to deal with. I mean, I got five of the biggest games around that time (Borderlands, Assassins Creed 2, Left 4 Dead 2, Dragon Age Origins and Modern Warfare 2, $35 each :applause:), and haven't had time to really play them. I barely got started in Borderlands, just finally reached the last campaign in L4D2, only just did the infamous Airport level for MW2 and haven't even started on AC2 and DAO. And don't even get me started on the other loot from Gamefly sales! :wall:

TL;DR: I want it but backlog sez "NO!"...#-o

[quote name='token2k6']5 Superiror PS3 Ports: Alone In the Dark, Asassins Creed 1, Dead Space, Bad Company, Darksiders[/QUOTE]

Darksiders forms the head.

Seriously, I was just kidding anyway, didn't know about Creed and Dead Space though. Certainly interesting.

I'd also consider the Dragon Age port superior though it does have some trade offs.

Yeah Assassin's Creed and Dead Space run better on 360, I thought Bad Company did as well?

I heard Oblivion was smoother on PS3, even though it did come out awhile later than the 360 version..

[quote name='DPsx7']Dammit, again they put the sale for the crappy console. We don't want the 360 version on sale, we want the PS3 version. What kind of idiot still has a 360 anyway? All the sane gamers gave it up months ago.

Guess I'll keep waiting. I've plenty to play in the meantime.[/QUOTE]

^^^:bs:
Welcome to CAG, fanboy. The PS3 forum is located elsewhere, btw. :booty:

[quote name='DPsx7']Dammit, again they put the sale for the crappy console. We don't want the 360 version on sale, we want the PS3 version. What kind of idiot still has a 360 anyway? All the sane gamers gave it up months ago.

Guess I'll keep waiting. I've plenty to play in the meantime.[/QUOTE]

Someone who wants to have better experience on multiplayer and multiplatfrom games.
I use PS3 for PS3 exclusives and Blu-ray.

[quote name='Fatbot3']
I'd also consider the Dragon Age port superior though it does have some trade offs.[/QUOTE]

I knew I was missing a more recent one! I thought people were all over the PS3 one saying it was better visually and loading? that's why I got the CE on that platform..

edit: and its a well known fact that from launch AC1 was better on the PS3..hell the whole debate started PS3 vs Xbox 360 comparisons, that was the first title. IIRC, it was better visually and had better texures. Dead Space can be confirmed to have better lighting and textures as well on PS3 and I thru Bad Company up there b/c I was searching, one site confirmed that while they both look good graphically, the PS3 has better audio..meh..

[quote name='gryphter']arrrrgh! I'm on the fence with this... I really want the game, but my backlog will keep me from playing it for a few weeks anyway, currently have about 8 in my backlog. I don't foresee a better deal than this coming up in the next few months though... what to do, what to do...[/QUOTE]

aaaaand, I bit. that didn't take too long

[quote name='token2k6']I knew I was missing a more recent one! I thought people were all over the PS3 one saying it was better visually and loading? that's why I got the CE on that platform..

edit: and its a well known fact that from launch AC1 was better on the PS3..hell the whole debate started PS3 vs Xbox 360 comparisons, that was the first title. IIRC, it was better visually and had better texures. Dead Space can be confirmed to have better lighting and textures as well on PS3 and I thru Bad Company up there b/c I was searching, one site confirmed that while they both look good graphically, the PS3 has better audio..meh..[/QUOTE]

Link to every statement you made?
I just want to confirm because I'm damn sure my frame analysis was right.

bread's done
Back