PSP Go White $209 & Black $219 w/ Free Shipping - Newegg.com

burlyredyeti

CAGiversary!
Hopefully this isn't old news, but Newegg has both the black and the white PSP Go's for discount prices.

White or Black

Free 3-Day shipping on both, and you also don't pay tax when ordering from most states.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have sooo much credit from the SBD thing... And I keep looking at one of these. I just can't seem to pull the trigger. Good deal for anyone that wants one of these. There has to be some sort of price drop soon on them. Sony really bit the big one with this device...

Oh - thanks, OP!

I know how you feel--I had a $75 dollar gift card, so all said and done it cost me $144.99 (for a black one) which seemed like a pretty good deal.

With my luck, it'll price drop in February. :(

The time to get the PSP Go would be now! You guys are missing out. My PSP-1000 ended up sitting in a drawer for a year and a half from constantly having to mess with UMDs. Now, I turn my Go on everyday, see that I have 30 games installed that I can play at the touch of a button. With this PSN sale, I picked up half already and will probably get the others even though I won't touch them. We are finally starting to see low prices on digitally distributed games and media. Sony is doing it right by slashing prices every other week and running phenomenal sales. So some haters will jump on me, this will probably get deleted. But the PSP Go is a great device. If you have credit or can get it for $200 that is definitely the sweet spot. b/c you all know that the first price drop will be $200 anyways..so..

[quote name='token2k6']The time to get the PSP Go would be now! You guys are missing out. My PSP-1000 ended up sitting in a drawer for a year and a half from constantly having to mess with UMDs. Now, I turn my Go on everyday, see that I have 30 games installed that I can play at the touch of a button. With this PSN sale, I picked up half already and will probably get the others even though I won't touch them. We are finally starting to see low prices on digitally distributed games and media. Sony is doing it right by slashing prices every other week and running phenomenal sales. So some haters will jump on me, this will probably get deleted. But the PSP Go is a great device. If you have credit or can get it for $200 that is definitely the sweet spot. b/c you all know that the first price drop will be $200 anyways..so..[/QUOTE]

Those words are encouraging... I was hoping that's exactly how I'd think of it. Honestly, the PSP 1000-3000 were of no interest to me at all. Too big to be portable, and I don't need to carry a sleeve of PSP games everywhere I go. I love downloadable media--if I could buy all my games that way I would.

Also, I'm excited to get my hands on the low priced PSOne titles like FF VII and C:SotN.

If all my money wasn't tied up in Edge cards, I'd probably get in on this sale. May not belong before we see an official price drop, though - even though Sony says otherwise.

Token - does the Go still support the LocationFree units? That might be my tipping point, even at $249 (what the hell - Best Buy will have ended up buying it for me, anyway)

[quote name='burlyredyeti']Those words are encouraging... I was hoping that's exactly how I'd think of it. Honestly, the PSP 1000-3000 were of no interest to me at all. Too big to be portable, and I don't need to carry a sleeve of PSP games everywhere I go. I love downloadable media--if I could buy all my games that way I would.

Also, I'm excited to get my hands on the low priced PSOne titles like FF VII and C:SotN.[/QUOTE]

You guys can keep talking yourselves into it, but the fact remains that every major games publication named the pspGo the largest failure of 2009.

All the other psps have access to the PSN and the same 'discounts' that you're touting. And you get to keep your UMDs.
The PSPGo is for those who have too much money and need another reason to spend it. Everyone else has better choices.

That said, I will get one...when it fails completely and I can find it on Clearance for the same price as the others (~170).

[quote name='token2k6']The time to get the PSP Go would be now! You guys are missing out. My PSP-1000 ended up sitting in a drawer for a year and a half from constantly having to mess with UMDs. Now, I turn my Go on everyday, see that I have 30 games installed that I can play at the touch of a button. With this PSN sale, I picked up half already and will probably get the others even though I won't touch them. We are finally starting to see low prices on digitally distributed games and media. Sony is doing it right by slashing prices every other week and running phenomenal sales. So some haters will jump on me, this will probably get deleted. But the PSP Go is a great device. If you have credit or can get it for $200 that is definitely the sweet spot. b/c you all know that the first price drop will be $200 anyways..so..[/QUOTE]

Seeing as how there's still no concrete release schedule for the digital version of PSP games and that the prices are nearly immune to price drops, I just can't see the incentive for the Go. If Sony had delivered on their promise of allowing us to convert our UMD games into digital format, I'd be all over the Go; but, alas, they dropped the ball...

I have a PSP-3000, Extended Life Battery, and nearly 50 UMD games, along with a 16GB MS Pro Duo and an 8GB MS Pro Duo--someone just try to tell me why I need a Go. C'mon, I dare ya' ;)

[quote name='AwRy108']Seeing as how there's still no concrete release schedule for the digital version of PSP games and that the prices are nearly immune to price drops, I just can't see the incentive for the Go. If Sony had delivered on their promise of allowing us to convert our UMD games into digital format, I'd be all over the Go; but, alas, they dropped the ball...

I have a PSP-3000, Extended Life Battery, and nearly 50 UMD games, along with a 16GB MS Pro Duo and an 8GB MS Pro Duo--someone just try to tell me why I need a Go. C'mon, I dare ya' ;)[/QUOTE]

Exactly my thoughts (except I don't have 50 games).

[quote name='AwRy108']C'mon, I dare ya' ;)[/QUOTE]

ok, I totally understand you, that is an impressive amount of memory! I know all the things w/ DD can be done w/ a non-Go by just getting everything on the PSN and keeping it on those. However, to max out at 32gb on one device (when its possible), seems a lot more impressive :D. I guess the only answer to an argument like that would have to be based on form factor. There is nothing that compares to this. Some people say the iPhone is still smaller and weighs less, but I disagree, I've held both side to side and it just seems like PSP Go is lighter and smaller than the iPhone. I'm not going to get venier calipers out and measure them, but just on feeling alone, the Go feels more natural. It's superior in mobility and carry-ability than the non-Go units..

This argument can't be won to people who already have the non-Go units, especially the 3000. Heck, I still even think about getting a 3000 for the right price just to have it. But if you're looking to get a unit for the first time, you're better off spending a little extra to get this. You won't regret it!

edit: and I give it to the end of the year by the time we get to rip UMD's to memory. Maybe E3 for sure. Then that will be one less argument for both sides (unless ripping can only be done on a Go :lol:)

[quote name='AwRy108']someone just try to tell me why I need a Go. C'mon, I dare ya' ;)[/QUOTE]

You probably don't need one... Difference with anyone just getting a PSP would be this:

I am a casual gamer. I would probably not buy more than 3 to 4 games a year (if that many). I would primarily use this as a movie player and as a TV streaming device (if LocationFree is,in fact, supported).

So why would I spend $199 on a PSP-3000, and then have to buy a 16 GB card for $60 when I could just buy a PSPGo and already have it preinstalled?

Point being that if I were going to get a portable unit (which I haven't decided yet) and take into account all the things I said above, a PSPGo would be the clear choice.

I have come to find that most people on this site, and other gaming sites, use their handheld systems in controlled environments - usually around the house, maybe taking it to class in a bag, etc. If that's the case for you then by all means go for the older models.

If you're like me and use handheld systems mainly on the go (I tried to avoid that pun) then the PSP Go is infinitely better than the other versions.

I am just that big a fan of the Save State feature.

[quote name='AwRy108']Seeing as how there's still no concrete release schedule for the digital version of PSP games and that the prices are nearly immune to price drops, I just can't see the incentive for the Go. If Sony had delivered on their promise of allowing us to convert our UMD games into digital format, I'd be all over the Go; but, alas, they dropped the ball...

I have a PSP-3000, Extended Life Battery, and nearly 50 UMD games, along with a 16GB MS Pro Duo and an 8GB MS Pro Duo--someone just try to tell me why I need a Go. C'mon, I dare ya' ;)[/QUOTE]

You dont need a Go. The Go was not made for you. You are not the target demographic for a Go. Sony loses no sleep because you do not own or want a Go.

The reason why gaming magazines consider the Go a failure is because they dont understand the Go. Thats fine, gaming magazines are the last place to turn to understand the business behind the gaming industry. The Go had minimal development costs (they even used a recycled chasis) and is simply an attempt to capture a niche market. Would Sony have loved it if the Go became a hit? Yes. Is Sony's financial future and PSP gaming division a failure because the Go doesnt sell as much the public thinks it should? Probably not.

As an economic consultant, I can tell you that from a business persepctive, not all losses are failures and not all "failures" are losses.

Almost there! Needs to be $150 to a valid product.
I just can't fathom how they couldn't figure out the UMD issue, which seemed to fall apart weeks before release.
Why would someone like me, who already owns a PSP1000, buy this?
I play about 3 PSP games currently (GOW, Rock Band, and maybe one of the Metal Gears).
Why would I buy those games again?

Do they see a picture of me as a lolipop with a big SUCKER written on my face.

Here is what you do, at least give me an address to send my UMDs to, then send me an unlock key for that game.
That way, I can play my digital copy on my old and new PSP.

Why Sony didn't put their efforts into a PSP2 is beyond me.

Got mine for 150 from a non-Neweggy place; that's the true sweet spot for me, much like how 60 for DJ Hero was.

Also Awry, someone already said it, but the PSP Go is obviously not for you; you actually priced yourself far out of its range due to the fact that you bought multiple high-storage Memory Duos, and to be blunt, way too many fucking games*.

*if they are truly all games and don't include a fair amount of movies.

Also, if you want discounts, gameshare.

[quote name='dragonjud']You guys can keep talking yourselves into it, but the fact remains that every major games publication named the pspGo the largest failure of 2009.

All the other psps have access to the PSN and the same 'discounts' that you're touting. And you get to keep your UMDs.
The PSPGo is for those who have too much money and need another reason to spend it. Everyone else has better choices.

That said, I will get one...when it fails completely and I can find it on Clearance for the same price as the others (~170).[/QUOTE]

A failure in the eyes of the industry, doesn't make it a failure to the consumer. I own a Gameboy Advance Micro, and it's one of my favorite handhelds. Besides, they're just talking about sales numbers--if you read most of their reviews (engadget, cnet, etc.) they liked it initially. But of course that bandwagon has cooled down.

People keep blowing the prices on the PSN out of proportion--which I think initially was true. I browsed through it on my PS3 the other day, and there are easily 30 must have titles, all for under $30. I'd say the average is around $22.

The fact is, if you're not sitting on 50 UMDs, the Go is the best choice for a PSP at this point.

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']As an economic consultant, I can tell you that from a business persepctive, not all losses are failures and not all "failures" are losses.[/QUOTE]

That's a very interesting point you bring up, especially since I just read through the Jan 2010 Wired article(s) detailing this exact line of thinking. Wired featured it as their cover story (Alec Baldwin):

http://www.wired.com/magazine/

And more specifically this article:

http://www.wired.com/magazine/2009/12/fail_oracle/

The line of thinking is definitely nothing new, but I found it very enlightening (esp the Oracle article). In terms of the Go, even if the system isn't an immediate hit, it certainly could (and likely will) revolutionize the hand-held gaming industry.

EDIT:

All that said, I just bought a 3000 after returning a Go I received for Christmas. I probably have 70 or so UMD games (and probably 20+ movies on top of that) and had already purchased a cheap Pro Duo a while back - didn't make sense to re-buy all the games. In any case, I love the system and games, no matter what the format ;)

Or, instead of spending $200-$250 on a new PSP, you could have spent $60-$70 on 32GB of memory (MicroSD-to-pro duo) for your original PSP, had double the memory of your PSP Go, and still did all of that stuff you loved the Go for. People act like the Go is the only system that can be used to buy digital games, which just isn't true.

The PSP Go is a beautiful system, and is obviously slightly more portable, but not having the option to have both UMD games and digital games in one system sacrafices a lot of what you can do with the system...especially considering that PSN doesn't have a majority of UMD games available for sale yet.

[quote name='burlyredyeti']A failure in the eyes of the industry, doesn't make it a failure to the consumer. I own a Gameboy Advance Micro, and it's one of my favorite handhelds. Besides, they're just talking about sales numbers--if you read most of their reviews (engadget, cnet, etc.) they liked it initially. But of course that bandwagon has cooled down.

People keep blowing the prices on the PSN out of proportion--which I think initially was true. I browsed through it on my PS3 the other day, and there are easily 30 must have titles, all for under $30. I'd say the average is around $22.

The fact is, if you're not sitting on 50 UMDs, the Go is the best choice for a PSP at this point.[/QUOTE]

Other than the outrageous price tag, I couldn't agree more. I understand Sony's plan of attack for digital dist. (PSN Store is amazing, BTW), but $250 is way too prohibitive for them to break into the market, especially considering the age of the guts inside the PSP. I do have an interest in the Go; but I don't have an interest in spending a whopping $250 to lose hard copies of my full-price game purchases.

I understand that the "Go" isn't targeted at long-time PSP owners; but when you can get a DSi for $170 while the Go sits at $250, it's apparent that Sony's offering isn't targeted at anyone, period. Don't believe me? Check out the sales numbers--the consumers have spoken with their dollars.

[quote name='AwRy108']Other than the outrageous price tag, I couldn't agree more. I understand Sony's plan of attack for digital dist. (PSN Store is amazing, BTW), but $250 is way too prohibitive for them to break into the market, especially considering the age of the guts inside the PSP. I do have an interest in the Go; but I don't have an interest in spending a whopping $250 to lose hard copies of my full-price game purchases.

I understand that the "Go" isn't targeted at long-time PSP owners; but when you can get a DSi for $170 while the Go sits at $250, it's apparent that Sony's offering isn't targeted at anyone, period. Don't believe me? Check out the sales numbers--the consumers have spoken with their dollars.[/QUOTE]

If I had already passed the bar and became a lawyer, I would totally have one. Being able to have a tiny PSP in my coat pocket would be awesome! However, as a law student, having a full sized PSP in my book bag works just fine. (Sadly, there are not enough lawyer gamers to spend $250 on one.)

The way I see it the PSP Go was made to compete with the iPod Touch. I have a PSP Go and I don't even use it for gaming. There was a article (link) of Sep 09 about Blu-ray's coming with a code for the PS Store. To me the PSP mini's are similar to Apple Apps.

[quote name='AwRy108']Other than the outrageous price tag, I couldn't agree more. I understand Sony's plan of attack for digital dist. (PSN Store is amazing, BTW), but $250 is way too prohibitive for them to break into the market, especially considering the age of the guts inside the PSP. I do have an interest in the Go; but I don't have an interest in spending a whopping $250 to lose hard copies of my full-price game purchases.

I understand that the "Go" isn't targeted at long-time PSP owners; but when you can get a DSi for $170 while the Go sits at $250, it's apparent that Sony's offering isn't targeted at anyone, period. Don't believe me? Check out the sales numbers--the consumers have spoken with their dollars.[/QUOTE]

That more has to do with the price tag of the Go more than anything; similar to how the PS3 was too expensive when it first came out, or how DJ Hero was better at a smaller price point. 150 is solid for one, 250 is not, especially with tax.

If you understood the Go isn't for long time PSP owners, why in the world would you try and bait such a response in the first place? If you know it's not for you, why ask people to prove that it is?

Ninja Edit: You mean MY PSP 2K with custom firmware, cochese? :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Good deal but...pass. I goddamn loved my psp 2k with custom firmware but I just can't bring myself to buy another PSP. After I blew through all the games I wanted to play there have been a lot of games that I feel as though I *should* like but simply don't on the system. Ah well.

The GO is awesome, I love it, but it's not for the CAG in you...You have to be willing to drop some good coin for the downloadable games, but they are seriously sweet...I am an avid user of the DSi, Iphone, and PSPGo for portable gaming, and the Go has the best games out there for the hardcore gamer.

not having to worry about a cartridge or UMD swap is awesome, and the feel of it is great...I highly recommend one to people on the fence, but just be ready to spend a good 200-300 dollars to load this baby up with prime games.

[quote name='Bronson-Lee']That more has to do with the price tag of the Go more than anything; similar to how the PS3 was too expensive when it first came out, or how DJ Hero was better at a smaller price point. 150 is solid for one, 250 is not, especially with tax.

If you understood the Go isn't for long time PSP owners, why in the world would you try and bait such a response in the first place? If you know it's not for you, why ask people to prove that it is?[/QUOTE]

I wasn't trying to bait a response, so sorry if my lack of context was misleading. My comment was meant as more of a generalized statement from the mouths of the many long-time PSP owners.

I think the PSPGo would have been worth every penny IF they hadn't have priced it so high. At a $149 or less starting point, I think it would've sold more. I have most of my PSP games on my memory stick now (I have a 1000), but the fact that a Go costs so much more than a core pack is just sad. Sure, the Go is a slick device, but the 3000 can do pretty much everything the Go can, and don't think I'm hating on the Go at all, because I almost bought one once.

If they ever get down to ~100, I'll bite.

To be honest so many people complain about the price but it easily can be found online for around $200. Maybe not from sites like Amazon or Newegg but i have seen some go on ebay for around $175. Granted not everyone will look for the deal or even care but i am in agreement that a MSRP price of $250 is a little harsh. They tried to price it more against a iPod touch then the DSi and are catering to a very specific market with it.

To be honest i see it as a preference. I picked mine up cheap off a guy on my ship but i prefer the size of the Go compared to a slim or 1000. I like the feel of the analog stick and the buttons over the others.

If i did it all over again and had to buy one, i would still get the Go again over the other models.

I can imagine the PSPGo being something I'd want for a trip on a plane overseas, considering that you don't have to carry UMDs and it's smaller. BUT I can't bring backup batteries if it runs out of power and I don't have a source to charge the damn thing!!!

Also, when you're walking thru Target and see that UMD PSP game on sale at 50% off, you're probably still stuck paying full price on PSN. The prices on PSN are just not competitive enough, and at least with the regular PSP you have the option to buy that UMD game that ON SALE.

bread's done
Back