Bioshock 2 Steam 4-pack Trading/Group Thread

• Please log in to reply
207 replies to this topic

#31 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2010 - 04:43 PM

Great! We will just have to wait for dabamus since he is buying it for us I believe. I would to it but I only have enough for me. Just remember it is $33.75 for both Bioshock 1 and 2.

Sweet! :applause:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#32 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2010 - 04:54 PM

so correct me if I am wrong but here is the list...
1. dabamus
2. Josh5890
3. justinbarnhill
4. evildeadjedi

Hopefully dabamus will be able to purchase the pack this week and we will have time to play Bioshock 1 before 2 comes out. Man I love this community.

I need a new signature.

#33 justinbarnhill

justinbarnhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2010 - 06:09 PM

Awesome!

#34 Jeremazing

Jeremazing

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2010 - 06:21 PM

I'd be intrested in buying a copy off of someone! Send Me A Pm!

#35 dabamus

dabamus

Posted 27 January 2010 - 08:08 PM

so correct me if I am wrong but here is the list...
1. dabamus
2. Josh5890
3. justinbarnhill
4. evildeadjedi

Hopefully dabamus will be able to purchase the pack this week and we will have time to play Bioshock 1 before 2 comes out. Man I love this community.

Bingo. I just got off work, so I'm ready to git er dun!

I need two people to send me the $33.75 and then I can purchase it and gift out the games!

PM me if you are on the list and can paypal the money to me now. :)

Thanks!
Posted Image

Posted Image

Too bad I see him being hit by a parked bus in the near future.

#36 IVIauricius

IVIauricius

Games, Soccer, Games!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2010 - 08:18 PM

Did you guys check out the latest sticky thread at the top of the trading forum? It says no more paypal gift payments. I'd recommend you all give dabamus more than $33.75 as a payment, or else he'll end up losing money on this deal. The moderator has a link to a website with a paypal fee calculator, you should check it out.

#37 dabamus

dabamus

Posted 27 January 2010 - 08:22 PM

Did you guys check out the latest sticky thread at the top of the trading forum? It says no more paypal gift payments. I'd recommend you all give dabamus more than $33.75 as a payment, or else he'll end up losing money on this deal. The moderator has a link to a website with a paypal fee calculator, you should check it out.

T'would be nice if they could cover fees, but I never said to do gift payments. I just said I would gift the games through Steam once I got the paypal payments.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Too bad I see him being hit by a parked bus in the near future.

#38 hoonu

hoonu

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2010 - 11:47 PM

Hey guys. Sorry for the slow reply. I was waiting on a friend to let me know if he was interested or not. Looks like he wants in. If there are 2 other people, I'm willing to sell 2 copies off of our 4-pack. I have a verified paypal account as well as perfect feedback on ebay as well as a car forum I fequent. If you need references, let me know.

Send me a PM if your interested. I'm making the purchase in about 45mins and will be accepting offers on first come first serve. You can look up my ebay at http://feedback.ebay...2&userid=hootag

email me at [email protected] if you need more info

#39 Jeremazing

Jeremazing

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2010 - 06:20 AM

Hey guys. Sorry for the slow reply. I was waiting on a friend to let me know if he was interested or not. Looks like he wants in. If there are 2 other people, I'm willing to sell 2 copies off of our 4-pack. I have a verified paypal account as well as perfect feedback on ebay as well as a car forum I fequent. If you need references, let me know.

Send me a PM if your interested. I'm making the purchase in about 45mins and will be accepting offers on first come first serve. You can look up my ebay at http://feedback.ebay...2&userid=hootag

email me at [email protected] if you need more info

man I'm intrested sent you a pm...

#40 Jogurt

Jogurt

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 28 January 2010 - 08:06 AM

I just sent you a PM, hoonu.

#41 freddy_

freddy_

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2010 - 01:37 PM

If someone wants my bioshock1 copy pm me since I already bought it at the xmas sale.

#42 Jeremazing

Jeremazing

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2010 - 05:22 PM

I'm quite intrested so please if anyone has a copy of Bioshock to from the four pack available give me a shout

#43 hoonu

hoonu

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2010 - 05:52 PM

I'm out of copies. Thanks to those who PM'd me and sorry to those I couldn't help out.

#44 Jogurt

Jogurt

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 28 January 2010 - 06:49 PM

If anyone is starting another 4-pack, I'm interested in joining.

#45 timobkg

timobkg

CAG Maestro

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2010 - 06:52 PM

So, I just noticed this on Steam's 4-pack site: https://support.stea...=4502-TPJL-2656

May I Buy, Sell or Trade my extra copies? No. This violates the Steam Subscriber Agreement and may result in all involved Steam accounts becoming permanently disabled.

It came as a shock to me, as I would expect the 4-packs to be motivated by people coming together to buy it as a group, and not by having one person buying all the games for the rest of his buddies. Has anyone heard of Steam actually banning people for this?

#46 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2010 - 10:51 PM

Sure but how can Steam verify you bought, sold or traded an extra copy since the only transaction is sending a gift through steam? If you were dumb enough to attempt your transaction on a Steam forum then they would.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#47 JP

JP

Member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 29 January 2010 - 12:27 AM

Well I decided to bite the bullet and ask Steam support. If you see a blog from me tomorrow bitching about being locked out of Steam, you will know why. I feel it's important to get clarification on this. I've spoke with Shrike about this and the Paypal Personal Payment stuff as it pertains to Steam 4-packs. The conversation I had with the Paypal rep seemed to indicate that using personal payments for those was alright, since the friends were only paying you back for their part of it. Basically, no markups allowed.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#48 timobkg

timobkg

CAG Maestro

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2010 - 02:21 AM

The conversation I had with the Paypal rep seemed to indicate that using personal payments for those was alright, since the friends were only paying you back for their part of it. Basically, no markups allowed.

If you're paying a friend back, Paypal personal is fine. That's what it's meant for. Likewise if someone sends you the game first, you can legally gift them back. But if you're buying it off some random person on the internet, and paying for it first..., that's what Paypal purchase is for.

Basically, Paypal personal carries no buyer protection with it, and Paypal doesn't want to have people complain because they gifted a payment, and never got the item. If they write it into the ToS, it's not their fault, as you shouldn't have been doing it in the first place.

I don't know why Steam has that in there. Maybe it's just to cover themselves too, so they don't have to deal with sales gone wrong? Just makes me worried, to be doing something that is clearly against their rules.

#49 jester55

jester55

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2010 - 07:58 PM

4-Pack is gone and delivered!

Edited by jester55, 03 February 2010 - 03:15 AM.

#50 jester55

jester55

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2010 - 12:05 AM

#51 curryknight

curryknight

Posted 31 January 2010 - 01:48 AM

All out

Edited by curryknight, 02 February 2010 - 03:46 AM.
update

#52 jester55

jester55

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2010 - 03:28 PM

#53 meehan666

meehan666

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 01 February 2010 - 08:32 PM

Looking to get in on a 4 pack. PM me.

#54 AaronStC

AaronStC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2010 - 03:05 AM

Anyone still looking for a group to get in on this?

#55 jester55

jester55

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2010 - 11:48 AM

#56 timobkg

timobkg

CAG Maestro

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2010 - 03:30 AM

If someone wants my Bioshock 1 copy, pm me since I already bought it 2 years ago.

#57 goldursaring

goldursaring

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2010 - 08:46 AM

I'm interested in taking part in a Bioshock 1+2 4 pack deal. Can show refs from other sites, to interested parties.

#58 QuickKill

QuickKill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2010 - 08:51 AM

I'm interested as well.

#59 bluedeviltron

bluedeviltron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2010 - 03:23 PM

I'm in for a 4 pack if any slots are open. PM me.

#60 AaronStC

AaronStC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2010 - 05:11 PM

Do the 3 of you ^^ still want to do a 4 pack deal?