Gamestop in store only Logitech Mic (works on Wii, 360, PS3) $4 or $5 w/ Naked Bros

52club

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
I saw this over at fatwallet.com. I don't think there are too many gamers on that site, or this just got buried. Credit goes to miscrms.

The key to this deal is the USB wired Microphone that is included. It is the old rock band microphone, here is the link: http://www.amazon.com/Microphone-Wi..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1264353104&sr=8-1

In my opinion this Mic is easily worth the $4-$5 price since it is compatible with a Wii, PS3, or 360.

These are not available online, but many Gamestops still have them in stock at the stores.

Links to determine if the item is in stock at a Gamestop near you:

PS2
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=71595

Wii
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=71592

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='m1214']can you use this to talk during online play like for mw2 or no?[/QUOTE]

No, you can't. It only works when you talk to yourself.

Gamestop took the mic out and this price is for the game only, i went to 3 gamestop today and all of them took the mic out

[quote name='kchiang']Gamestop took the mic out and this price is for the game only, i went to 3 gamestop today and all of them took the mic out[/QUOTE]

So funny, unethical (since the employee probably kept it for himself/herself), and most likely against the agreements they have with publishers.

I was able to pick up two of the PS2 version with the Mic from a store in Evanston, IL yesterday. I suppose it might be YMMV, but over at FW no one mentioned running into this. So this was probably dictated on a district/regional level.

I think they might have put me on some kind of watch list though. The employee gave me the you might be a child molester look.

wait, so either mic in either the PS2 or Wii version is compatible w/ every system? I know this may seem like a retarded question b/c its probably the same mic, just trying to cover my bases..

Thank you for this! I was able to find the PS2 version for 3.99, keep the mic, and trade in the game for 0.25 credit towards the total.

The employee there said people come in and do this all the time with various games that come packaged with mics.

I have now paid the following for Rock Band so far:
Game: 9.99
Drum Set: 9.99
Mic: 3.74

Just need to find a cheap, wired guitar and I am set!

[quote name='token2k6']wait, so either mic in either the PS2 or Wii version is compatible w/ every system? I know this may seem like a retarded question b/c its probably the same mic, just trying to cover my bases..[/QUOTE]

They are. All these wired microphones are just standard USB ones. Only a few aren't cross compatible to my knowledge (Singstar, some MadCatz 360 one, and a few others)

And thanks for alerting me to this TC. I was looking for two more microphones for The Beatles: Rock Band, and was contemplating buying at least one used at GS for $10. Now I'll just pick up 2 for $10, so thanks much sir.

As much as I'd like another mic, I don't think I could bring myself to buy a Naked Brothers Band game. Good deal though.

[quote name='m1214']can you use this to talk during online play like for mw2 or no?[/QUOTE]

You can on PS3. I'm using my Guitar Hero mic until I get my headset.

[quote name='sadakou']Thank you for this! I was able to find the PS2 version for 3.99, keep the mic, and trade in the game for 0.25 credit towards the total.

The employee there said people come in and do this all the time with various games that come packaged with mics.

Just need to find a cheap, wired guitar and I am set![/QUOTE]

where did u find that mic for 4 bucks?

[quote name='josh62488']where did u find that mic for 4 bucks?[/QUOTE]

Did you read the post? I know you are new but damn, you should have basic reading skills.

I might get this and the drum set if it available a kmart. Already have a guitar, I'm just not sure if it's compatible (GH2 360)

looks like all of the locations in my area have one or the other in stock.
here's hoping I'll finally have a full set for beatles rock band tomorrow

Of course that compatibility thing is from like 14 months ago. Only like 6 new games on each system since then. :cry:

I did a similar deal myself back when Best Buy had the Naked Bros. Wii game for $9.99 with mic. Went straight to Gamestop, opened it up, and got $5 in credit for the game only. Good way to get mic for GH/RB stuff.

[quote name='sadakou']Thank you for this! I was able to find the PS2 version for 3.99, keep the mic, and trade in the game for 0.25 credit towards the total.

Just need to find a cheap, wired guitar and I am set![/QUOTE]

You should have destroyed the game to protect some poor mistaken soul who might buy that game.

[quote name='Nyxaz']I did a similar deal myself back when Best Buy had the Naked Bros. Wii game for $9.99 with mic. Went straight to Gamestop, opened it up, and got $5 in credit for the game only. Good way to get mic for GH/RB stuff.[/QUOTE]

Saw it today for 9.99 at Best Buy, with mic. PS2 version.

[quote name='aspower']You should have destroyed the game to protect some poor mistaken soul who might buy that game.[/QUOTE]

I think that's what my local store did. He couldn't find the disc, but he did find the mic, so he just let me have the mic for free.

I just got my copy, the guy at the store immediately started making fun of me but I have a good sense of humor so we went back and forth. At the end he tried to sell me a pre order of god of war 3 and I told him I only play Naked Brothers games, he laughed and said they're very similar. I got a brand new sealed copy for 3.99 so I'm happy.

F.Y.I. to anyone looking for a microphone, for some reason it won't work with Singstar, I picked up the game on the cheap thinking I could use a wired USB microphone with it, but it wouldn't recognize it for that particular game.

Picked one up earlier brand new for 3.99. Thanks OP! Yes, I did receive a look when I asked for it but it was well worth it.

Rock Band Drums = $9.99 (Walmart..saw like 5 at Kmart for 6.99 though lol)
Guitar Hero WT Guitar kit w/game = $35 (Craigslist)
Wired Mic = $3.99 (Gamestop)
Naked Bros Band Game = Trashed
Total = $50 for whole band kit everything brand new :bouncy:

The store clerk knew exactly why I wanted the game when I asked for it. He didn't give me any trouble about getting the microphone though. Thanks, OP!

[quote name='Zero3133']As much as I'd like another mic, I don't think I could bring myself to buy a Naked Brothers Band game. Good deal though.[/QUOTE]
i got 2 of the PS2 ones today (thanks OP), and the Logitech mic it comes with doesn't have the game it came with written on the side of it like it does when it comes with other games, it just says Logitech on the side of it so no one will know...

Sorry for the dumb question but if I get the Wii version Naked Brothers or the PS2 game will the mic it comes with work for an XBOX 360? I just need the mic for Rock Band setup (like you guys buying on the cheap as well)

TIA

Greg

**EDIT - Nevermind reread the posts and this has been confirmed already, sorry for the trouble. Time to hit Gamestop on the way home.

Mic - $4 (hopefully) - GameStop
RB 1 Drum kit - $7 - K-Mart
GH Aerosmith Kit with Guitar - $39 - Newegg
Lego Rock Band - $15 - Best Buy
Rock Band 2 - $12 - Anandtech
Guitar Hero III - $10 - Amazon Marketplace

All new. Just need one more wireless guitar if I can find one cheap. I have a wired Xplorer I can use for the time being. Nice cheap way to get into this.

Thanks!

[quote name='platinumsoldier']Hey, does anybody know the TIV's for the PS2 and Wii versions of this game? I'm asking this here since the GS TIV's look outdated in the GS tread.[/QUOTE]

0 at GS now. Won't take it.

[quote name='52club']So funny, unethical (since the employee probably kept it for himself/herself), and most likely against the agreements they have with publishers.

I was able to pick up two of the PS2 version with the Mic from a store in Evanston, IL yesterday. I suppose it might be YMMV, but over at FW no one mentioned running into this. So this was probably dictated on a district/regional level.

I think they might have put me on some kind of watch list though. The employee gave me the you might be a child molester look.[/QUOTE]

That look is the "why didn't you preorder anything after all my badgering?" look. The two looks are easily confused.

Able to snag one after work. Now I just need to find a cheap RB2 drum set, and a cheap guitar now that we have more people stopping by our place for some impromptu 4-player RB sessions.

yep scored the PS2 version for $4 on the way home.

OP - If you can live with wired drums swing by K-Mart and grab RB 1 drum set for $7. WM has them for $10

I need a wireless GH guitar myself to complete my setup

Greg

FYI the GH Aerosmith edition with game and Aerosmith Les Paul guitar can be purchased at Newegg.com for $39.99 with FS. Not dirt cheap like the RB drum deal and this mic deal but not horrible either.

picked one up, the employee already knew what was up, and said it was a good deal for the beatles rockband, and thats the reason i got it for, might pick another one up to complete the four mic thanks op!!!!!!

[quote name='GCS']Sorry for the dumb question but if I get the Wii version Naked Brothers or the PS2 game will the mic it comes with work for an XBOX 360? I just need the mic for Rock Band setup (like you guys buying on the cheap as well)

TIA

Greg

**EDIT - Nevermind reread the posts and this has been confirmed already, sorry for the trouble. Time to hit Gamestop on the way home.

Mic - $4 (hopefully) - GameStop
RB 1 Drum kit - $7 - K-Mart
GH Aerosmith Kit with Guitar - $39 - Newegg
Lego Rock Band - $15 - Best Buy
Rock Band 2 - $12 - Anandtech
Guitar Hero III - $10 - Amazon Marketplace

All new. Just need one more wireless guitar if I can find one cheap. I have a wired Xplorer I can use for the time being. Nice cheap way to get into this.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Where did you get Rock Band 2 for that price? Anyone else know where to get it for cheap? Lowest i've seen is $20 so far.

TIV for the game is 25c or 20c cash... I got the game... opened it up... and gave it back right to them... seeing as how i dont have a ps2 it would just be taking up space if i kept the game...

I got it, guy was nice... a bit surprised it was so cheap since it still had the 19.99 price on it.

Then he asked me if I wanted to pre-order anything. Told him I just got Fallout 3 GOTY so it would be keeping me busy, so then he told me if I wanted to pre-order the new expansion... to which I told him, no the version I have has the expansions. But he said there was a new expansion coming out.

I asked him how much and he said 59.99... then he checked and turns out he meant the new Fallout 3 Las Vegas game coming out in November. I told him nicely that if I finished the current game I bought between now and november I would think about pre-ordering it.

[quote name='randu']Where did you get Rock Band 2 for that price? Anyone else know where to get it for cheap? Lowest i've seen is $20 so far.[/QUOTE]

Just a seller over there in the FS/FT forums.

[quote name='randu']Where did you get Rock Band 2 for that price? Anyone else know where to get it for cheap? Lowest i've seen is $20 so far.[/QUOTE]

how you get lego rock band for $15, i though it was $40 with a $20 coupon at best buy?

thanx for the post. i will search for it today.

Singstar games only work with sing star mics. I have singstar mics and they work with RB 1 and 2 (PS3) and guitar hero world tour (ps2). singstar mic doesnt work with band hero (ps2)

got it at my GS. 4 bucks for a boxset with the mic inside. i was surprised when it was sealed
the employee was a bit surprised about the price. he had to get it from the back for some reason. 5 star find

Two Gamestops in RTP NC did not have it. Actually one did on the floor (Wii for $4.99) but it was sold out in the back / at the register so no go on a mic for me. The clerk/associate/manager had seen it was a good deal and bought one for themselves and said the rest sold out two days ago.

both Best Buys in my area (Tulsa, OK) had the promo mics from band hero here for the PS2/PS3 and Wii in plastic bags out on the shelves. Talked to one of the managers and he gave me two of them for free. Never hurts to ask! :)
This was about a week ago.

for those that got the extra mics for Beatles RB, and want a nice looking setup for all 3 mics with a single mic stand, get this...

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=242-7628&source=googleps

the only thing is that if you already have a mic stand, you're going to need 2 more mic clips for the other 2 mics, but you should be able either find them locally or order them there for less than $5 each...

bread's done
Back