Photo
- - - - -

Um, anyone got a copy of Shining Soul GBA handy?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2010 - 10:50 PM

I just bought Shining Soul from a Gamestop here in the US, but I am pretty sure I ended up with the british version (or a version from some other unknown region). The game has the CE Logo on it and the label is white. The game is NOT fake or bootleg because it has the white printing on the circuit board and there are save files and the game saves just fine. I am pretty sure the label for this game is red in the US. Can someone tell me what color the label is for this game in the US? Also my copy is distributed by Sega/Infogrames and not by Atlus.

I really don't care that I ended up with the british version, and the game was only 3.99, however it is a bit odd that a british game would end up at a Gamestop in Williamsville, NY.

#2 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2010 - 11:26 PM

Shining Soul is black, the one I think you're thinking of is SS2, that one is red.

But you're right, my copy has Atlus on it and E for Everyone. ;)

#3 SiK99

SiK99

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2010 - 12:22 AM

Does the code on the label say USA or EUR? (should be something like AGB **** USA/AGB **** EUR)

I believe the EUR version has a white box/label but that the JP and USA versions have a black label, with the USA one being published by Atlus and JP by Sega.

Here is one on Ebay from Germany...
http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item5d2784ba3f

#4 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2010 - 04:57 PM

Yeah the game says EUR on it, and the white label but I saw some of these on ebay selling from the UK with red/black labels (maybe these were fakes). Again I am not sure who would bootleg an obscure game like shining soul but you never know. Very odd for me to spot a legit EUR game in the wild here especially since the clerk insisted that if it was a british game they would have not taken it in for trade. I suppose stranger things have happened though. That game in the photo is definitely the one I have.

#5 Tsukento

Tsukento

King of Pirates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2010 - 05:00 PM

I've seen a few GameStops accept European GBA games without even knowing the difference.

Then again, I've also seen GameStops that have bootleg GBA games and do nothing about it when told they have them. So go fig.

#6 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 06:06 PM

Yeah I always check my GBA games for the white printing on the connector when buying them from GS, its not really a big deal but if it was a fake I could always return it but to me I can spot a fake by just looking in the GBA case because usually it sticks out like a sore thumb. I feel bad for the people that buy bootlegs unknowingly though.

#7 Ryukahn

Ryukahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2010 - 04:38 PM

I just bought Shining Soul from a Gamestop here in the US, but I am pretty sure I ended up with the british version (or a version from some other unknown region). The game has the CE Logo on it and the label is white. The game is NOT fake or bootleg because it has the white printing on the circuit board and there are save files and the game saves just fine. I am pretty sure the label for this game is red in the US. Can someone tell me what color the label is for this game in the US? Also my copy is distributed by Sega/Infogrames and not by Atlus.

I really don't care that I ended up with the british version, and the game was only 3.99, however it is a bit odd that a british game would end up at a Gamestop in Williamsville, NY.

Ha, I remember importing this from NCSX I think way back in the day before it was confirmed to be released in the US. Think I paid like $50 (what a colossal mistake that was lol). I don't remember if I traded it in or sold it on ebay, but if I did it would have been traded in to the Williamsville Gamestop. That would be hilarious if I did trade it in there and they still had it after all these years.