Photo
- - - - -

Amazon - Mass Effect 2 Collector's Edition Guide - now $17.99 (47% off)

• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

#31 Coraanu

Coraanu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2010 - 07:10 PM

I just checked and my order status shows 17.99 for the ME2 CE guide. I ordered on 1/8 when it was 19.49. We should be good!
Mike

#32 poker360

poker360

The AWD Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2010 - 07:13 PM

ordered it the other day. Contact amazon about wanting it on release day, becaues i ordered the game.. they told me to put 1 day shipping then email them the order number and it would be free one day shipping, since there was no RDD on the guide

splintercelll.jpg
Check out the Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread!
fss.png

#33 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2010 - 07:23 PM

I just checked and my order status shows 17.99 for the ME2 CE guide. I ordered on 1/8 when it was 19.49. We should be good!

This. Now to decide on if I start the game before the guide shows up, or wait for the guide...
For Sale: Like New/Opened Once Japanese Transformer 2010 Reissue Predaking http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers
http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=233445

#34 Coraanu

Coraanu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2010 - 07:39 PM

This. Now to decide on if I start the game before the guide shows up, or wait for the guide...

If you're going to do multiple playthroughs, why not start the first one without a guide? I did that with ME 1 and used the guide the next 2.5 times through. =]
Mike

#35 erehwon

erehwon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2010 - 07:42 PM

Since I couldn't add the guide to my previous order, I ordered it separately. I added in the Mass Effect: Ascension book to get free shipping. It's too bad it's only available in the paperback version. I prefer hardcover books.

#36 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2010 - 07:42 PM

This is what laptops are for!

I agree when I still used(and had) a laptop that what I did. I would never have bought a guide when I still had a laptop. After Fallout 3 and no laptop (many trips up and down the stairs), I have decided to buy guides for RPG's now.

Since I couldn't add the guide to my previous order, I ordered it separately. I added in the Mass Effect: Ascension book to get free shipping. It's too bad it's only available in the paperback version. I prefer hardcover books.

How many Mass Effect books are there? I would be intersested in reading them if they are a good read.

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#37 Warlock82

Warlock82

Never pet a burning dog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2010 - 07:49 PM

How many Mass Effect books are there? I would be intersested in reading them if they are a good read.

Two, though I'm not sure if the second one is actually out yet or not. I haven't read any of them so I can't comment on if they are good though :P

Posted Image

#38 helluvagood

helluvagood

HURRICANE VENUS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2010 - 07:56 PM

ooo a 320 page hard cover game guide. i want one =)
Posted Image

#39 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2010 - 08:17 PM

just ordered another one :D or shall I say my 2nd one.

After the nice spike in value the DA:O CE guide got it was a no brainer to get a 2nd since it is the same price as the regular edition guide would have cost me tonight when I pick my game up.

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Red Dead, Ghosts :xb1: Watch Dogs

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead S2

#40 IronSerif

IronSerif

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2010 - 08:21 PM

well...just made my unexpected purchase of the day lol. Guess it stops me from buying random things for a day or two.

#41 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2010 - 08:50 PM

There are two out so far, with a third coming very soon. The first book was the backstory of Anderson and Saren detailing the mission that is mentioned briefly during the first game. The second book introduces the Illusive Man and is a sorta prequel to the second game, with the female scientist from the first book reappearing.

The third book is a direct sequel of the second book and details what happens to those who go against the Illusive Man.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#42 Moravagine

Moravagine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2010 - 11:25 PM

I usually never bUy these but picked up the Dragon Age: Origins Collector's guide when it was on sale and found it fairly useful. So what the hell, in for one of these.
Posted Image

#43 IronSerif

IronSerif

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 12:29 AM

I chose 2 day shipping when I placed my order today using Amazon prime, and I just got a notification that I'll be receiving it tomorrow. Thank you Amazon, you're amazing.

#44 numnuts77

numnuts77

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 02:54 AM

I wasnt going to get this but Im kind of in the mood to collect ME2 stuff..Sold!!
Sacre Bleu!

#45 djduke316

djduke316

Posted 26 January 2010 - 03:56 AM

I didn't want to play the waiting game. I emailed them and they sent a $1.80 credit on my card, making it $17 after GB. On the side note, I also emailed them on the Toy Story blu-ray deal, and they marked it $5 less than the deal!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#46 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 03:57 AM

I'm just going to email them now, still not auto adjustment

#47 SolidMGSnake

SolidMGSnake

Big CAG Boss

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 07:02 AM

didnt adjust for me either..always gotta tell em. -sigh-

#48 ubdu

ubdu

Posted 26 January 2010 - 02:45 PM

Yeah, but I bought the RE5 collector's guide, and it's still selling below retail, so don't get your hopes up.

#49 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 02:48 PM

Yeah, but I bought the RE5 collector's guide, and it's still selling below retail, so don't get your hopes up.

True...but RE5 is not ME2

17.99 is a steal regardless for a 320 page hardcover. There's 90 left at the moment.

#50 CombatCraig

CombatCraig

Now a Wii-60 Owner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 03:43 PM

Bah I'm just going to get it. Waiting on a friend with Prime to order it for me...with only 90 left he better not wait...

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

:wii: Super Smash Bros. Brawl (1590 4359 1171 - Craig)
:wii: Mario Kart Wii (0044 3202 4873 - Craig)

#51 sandman8288

sandman8288

DealMaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 03:45 PM

Got my guide this morning, and got a price adjustment.
This is a sweet guide, it's also got this huge poster with it.

I'm trying to avoid spoiling the end of the game... :lol:

#52 dracula

dracula

i'll buy that for a dolla

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 03:47 PM

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Mass+Effect+2+Collector's+Edition+-+Xbox+360/9663298.p?skuId=9663298&productCategoryId=abcat0701007&id=1218141144513

in stock online and available for instore pickup, my estimated delivery date for my amazon order is feb1st, and i didnt want to wait, so i got it at BB with instore pickup. and yeah its the collectors edition.

if i cant cancel my amazon order, i will just ebay it, and will probably not even break even but whatever. or keep one sealed as a collection piece but that is just not practical. dunno about the guide, i got the LE guide for mass effect 1 off amazon when it was clearanced out for 5 bucks so i will wait on that

edit, my delivery estimate from amazon
Shipment #1:
1 item - delivery estimate: February 8, 2010 - February 12, 2010

screw that noise, i am not waiting 2 weeks, and they said i could not cancel it, and it would not ship until feb 1st. amazon blows this time around(tho i usually like them)

Edited by dracula, 26 January 2010 - 03:57 PM.

"If it ain't fifty cents then I dont want it."

http://www.cheapassg...171#post1074171

Posted Image

#53 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 03:48 PM

Bah I'm just going to get it. Waiting on a friend with Prime to order it for me...with only 90 left he better not wait...

You should still be able to get Prime free for 3 months.

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=247765

#54 nateeasy29

nateeasy29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 03:55 PM

17.99 is a steal regardless for a 320 page hardcover. There's 90 left at the moment.

Yeah I agree. Look at the prices for The DragonAge Collectors Guide. Best bet is ME2 C Guide becomes more rare than DragonAge's.

#55 Vader582

Vader582

Dark Lord of Savings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 03:59 PM

didnt adjust for me either..always gotta tell em. -sigh-

Tell me about it. Why is it this stuff never adjusts on it's own???
Amazon has some great prices but this kind of crap is annoying.
The CSR said he couldn't give me the $2 credit back but instead added $2 credit for my next purchase. I can deal with that. I really wish these people knew their own policies though. :bomb:
Posted Image
Posted Image
TV?
Spoiler

Spoiler

Fist bump?

#56 heybtbm

heybtbm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 04:01 PM

2 left.

#57 dracula

dracula

i'll buy that for a dolla

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 04:03 PM

18 dollars for a book? meh i know its usually 30 bucks normally but still that is a ton for a guide, but i think guides are way over priced for the most part.
"If it ain't fifty cents then I dont want it."

http://www.cheapassg...171#post1074171

Posted Image

#58 CombatCraig

CombatCraig

Now a Wii-60 Owner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 04:07 PM

2 left.

I may be missing it but where do you guys see the quantity left?

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

:wii: Super Smash Bros. Brawl (1590 4359 1171 - Craig)
:wii: Mario Kart Wii (0044 3202 4873 - Craig)

#59 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 04:09 PM

just ordered one

#60 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 04:08 PM

Tell me about it. Why is it this stuff never adjusts on it's own???
Amazon has some great prices but this kind of crap is annoying.
The CSR said he couldn't give me the $2 credit back but instead added $2 credit for my next purchase. I can deal with that. I really wish these people knew their own policies though. :bomb:

It's supposed to adjust on its own, though I've seen it work less than 100% of the time, which is why I email them.

Email them again, and include this URL in your email, which is the terms and conditions for their Pre-Order Price Guarantee:
http://www.amazon.co...p/AWT354OR7BM1U

For the link-lazy:

Pre-order Price Guarantee
Amazon.com's price for not-yet-released items sometimes changes between the time the item is listed for sale and the time it is released and shipped. Whenever you pre-order a book, CD, video, DVD, software, or video game, the price we charge when we ship it to you will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.com between the time you placed your order and the end of the day of the release date. A pre-order price guarantee message will appear on your Order Summary during the checkout process. If you use 1-Click ordering, pre-order price protection will be automatically applied. The order summary in Your Account will reflect the lowest price within 24 hours of the price change.

Terms and Conditions:

• Pre-order Price Guarantee applies only to items sold by Amazon.com, and not to items (or prices) offered by other sellers on our site. Does not apply to any products purchased at Amazon.com's other sites, including Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.fr, Amazon.co.jp, Amazon.ca, or any other web site operated by Amazon.com or its affiliates.
  • Pre-order Price Guarantee applies only to not-yet-released books, CDs, videos, DVDs, software, and video games sold by Amazon.com. It does not apply to other product lines or to items that have already been released.
  • Pre-order Price Guarantee applies only to qualifying items displaying the offer message on their product detail pages. Items that do not display the offer message do not qualify, regardless of the nature of the items.
  • If your order enters the shipping process before the release date and the price is lowered before the end of the day of the release date, we will automatically refund your credit card for the difference between the price you were charged and the release-date price. If you did not use a credit card to pay for your order, please contact Customer Service.

Bolded sections are the ones of importance. In theory, it's supposed to auto-adjust and credit you back, though I've had numerous orders where they didn't auto-adjust it after the fact and I had to email them and complain until they did. I've found it's much better to do it in advance, on the day of the drop, so there's no question it being at the lowest price by the release date.

You're supposed to get that money back to your credit card, not as a future promotional credit. If you have no luck with the emails, call them. Make sure you have a screen cap of the price today, as backup.