Photo
- - - - -

Amazon - Mass Effect 2 Collector's Edition Guide - now $17.99 (47% off)

• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

#61 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 04:10 PM

2 left.

It shows 90 left for me

#62 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 04:12 PM

I may be missing it but where do you guys see the quantity left?

Add the item to your cart, up the quantity to 999, and see how many Amazon would let you buy.

If it's less than 999, it'll tell you the max quantity.

#63 CombatCraig

CombatCraig

Now a Wii-60 Owner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 04:18 PM

Add the item to your cart, up the quantity to 999, and see how many Amazon would let you buy.

If it's less than 999, it'll tell you the max quantity.

Good to know!

Thanks!

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

:wii: Super Smash Bros. Brawl (1590 4359 1171 - Craig)
:wii: Mario Kart Wii (0044 3202 4873 - Craig)

#64 clockworkgreen

clockworkgreen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 04:35 PM

I'm playing through ME1 right now (just got it from the KMart sale a couple weeks ago). Not planning on getting ME2 until it comes down to <$40. But, bought the guide for now. Thanks OP.

#65 Treythalomew

Treythalomew

Add me on PSN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 04:42 PM

Grabbed it, first strategy guide since Animal Crossing on the gamecube. I love Mass Effect though and this guide looks nice. Went ahead and grabbed Mass Effect: Ascension.
Posted Image

#66 Commander0Zero

Commander0Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 04:44 PM

Wal Mart actually has this cheaper ($16) with 15% bing cash back. Bringing this down to $13.60 after cash back.

http://www.walmart.c...uct_id=13223331
Posted Image

#67 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 04:48 PM

Wal Mart actually has this cheaper ($16) with 15% bing cash back. Bringing this down to $13.60 after cash back.

http://www.walmart.c...uct_id=13223331

plus shipping, and tax for most

#68 Commander0Zero

Commander0Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 05:01 PM

plus shipping, and tax for most

Can't you ship to store? But yeah tax may kill it for some. I live in DE so no tax for me at all. Pretty much the only reason to live in DE.
Posted Image

#69 Hobo Kombat

Hobo Kombat

Posted 26 January 2010 - 05:10 PM

I can't say no to a hardcover game guide. Especially for such a reasonable price.
You're gonna eat my butt until your stomach is full of butt.

#70 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 06:18 PM

no big surprise, I got an email response from someone who doesn't know Amazon's own policies saying the price I paid when it shipped was the lowest at the time and they're sorry it dropped more after but they can't do anything

clicked no it didn't answer my question and having a call back now

automatic my ass, I love Amazon but I hate jumping through these hoops just because they can't seem to honor their own policies automatically if something shipped early :bomb:

#71 nateeasy29

nateeasy29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 06:46 PM

Can't you ship to store? But yeah tax may kill it for some. I live in DE so no tax for me at all. Pretty much the only reason to live in DE.

Do wee know if walmarts have the guides in store? Ive only used site to store shipping once and it took a few weeks before the store got it.

#72 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 06:52 PM

Anyone received this yet? Mine should arrive sometime today but I'm curious about the quality? How does it look to anyone that's received it? Worth the $$?

#73 rapsodist

rapsodist

My Heart Is a 16-Bit Chip

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 07:18 PM

I've been waffling back and forth on this one, but decided to just go ahead and make the order. I really enjoyed the Fallout 3 hardcover collector's edition guide, so I assume the Mass Effect 2 book will have a similar level of quality.

#74 sandman8288

sandman8288

DealMaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 07:32 PM

Anyone received this yet? Mine should arrive sometime today but I'm curious about the quality? How does it look to anyone that's received it? Worth the $$?

I got it, and I think it's worth the $$$,
very nice quality, and very comprehensive.
I haven't looked too much though, I'm waiting by the door
for the FedEx man to deliver my CE copy of the game, don't want to spoil anything.

#75 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 07:32 PM

no big surprise, I got an email response from someone who doesn't know Amazon's own policies saying the price I paid when it shipped was the lowest at the time and they're sorry it dropped more after but they can't do anything

automatic my ass, I love Amazon but I hate jumping through these hoops just because they can't seem to honor their own policies automatically if something shipped early :bomb:

That's why I kept the URL for the terms & conditions for the policy, and post it in here when anyone has an issue with it.

It's spelled out clearly that you're supposed to get it, and it should be completely automatic. As we've all seen, it's not.

#76 PDJ

PDJ

O I can change this?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 08:31 PM

For a hardcover guide I really think it's worth your money at $18. I wish I would've gotten a guide for DA:O but have been using the Wiki site instead (which is very nice), but also kind of a hassle to constantly have to open my laptop to use it. I'm supposed to get my guide today and will definitely be looking through it, I'll post my opinion of it then.

#77 PDJ

PDJ

O I can change this?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 08:34 PM

It's gotta be hit-or-miss with their customer service. I remember back when the ECA codes were "temporarily" down.. (moment of silence).. I emailed them and asked if there was any way to get a 10% discount on my order, and within a day got an answer back honoring my request. Others didn't have the same kind of luck unfortunately. It seems you just need to be persistent in contacting customer support until you get the result you desire. Sometimes being the annoying nagging person pays off.

#78 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 09:29 PM

well the guy on the phone was really helpful and worked with me to figure it out

then processed the refund for the difference :-)

we also chatted about games some :-P he wanted to know if I thought ACII was worth buying lol

#79 Acknar

Acknar

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 09:56 PM

I got my ce guide today, and looked through it a bit, but they I noticed that I got two of the posters! Yall might wanna check and see maybe someone can't count!

#80 Darknuke

Darknuke

Guncraft: Voxel-FPS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 10:03 PM

I bit. That's a pretty good deal. Says its gonna take a couple extra days to process so hopefully it gets here soon...

SteamWidget.PNG

#81 SolidMGSnake

SolidMGSnake

Big CAG Boss

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 10:07 PM

I never did get release date delivery option for this guide.. but thats ok I guess since its comming tommorow- 2-day free ship amazon prime.

#82 PDJ

PDJ

O I can change this?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 10:55 PM

Alright so finally got mine in the mail. The cover is very cool, it pops out at you a bit and plays with textures. The hardcover makes it a lot sturdier than the regular edition guide would've been. I can honestly say I'm a little disappointed, however. It's not as big of a book as I thought (still a little over 300 pages), but then again this isn't Fallout 3 we're talking about here, so I guess it's not bad. The guide seems to be written a lot like the past one, much narrative written out, plenty of maps, and highlighted sections with tips, info, words of caution, enemy profiles, etc. It basically looks like any important information is highlighted so you won't have to read through all the text just to make sure you don't miss something important. The extras include about 30 pages of art, and of course the poster (decent looking).

The walkthrough itself is pretty lengthy at about 180 pages, along with 25 pages of special assignments (side quests I'm guessing), and another 25 pages of pure text about planetary databases.

So in the end I'd say if you're planning on getting the guide, spend the extra few bucks to get yourself the CE guide. That extra $4 is worth the hardcover (which I feel is technically what you're paying for other than an "art gallery"). But at $30 I wouldn't recommend it at all, and would suggest to go pick up the regular version of the guide instead. Overall the guide looks like it will be useful enough to justify its purchase; now to just wait a week and half for my game to ship to me >.>

#83 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2010 - 01:21 AM

Amazon has a full stock of these. I entered a quantity of "999" and it added that many to my cart. I'm sure they'll sell out eventually but these probably aren't as limited as the Dragon Age ones were.

#84 ithebigc

ithebigc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2010 - 01:22 AM

How can you guys add 999 of anything? o_O My Amazon account refuses to let me add anything beyond 100 total in my cart. So if I have one item in my cart besides the guide, I can only add 99 of the guide to my cart.

#85 tenn_volsfan

tenn_volsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2010 - 06:45 AM

Price down to 16.00 now. (15.20 in my gold box)

#86 rapsodist

rapsodist

My Heart Is a 16-Bit Chip

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2010 - 06:55 AM

Price down to 16.00 now. (15.20 in my gold box)

Nice! I just sent a refund request right now.

#87 MasterWolf

MasterWolf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2010 - 07:38 AM

Its covered for the price gurantee right?

#88 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2010 - 07:50 AM

Its covered for the price gurantee right?

No don't think so since it was probably a pre-order and the price now isn't between the time of order and the time of shipping. So to get a price adjustment or credit or whatever you'll probably have to get lucky.

#89 UberSwiss

UberSwiss

Cheap Suits?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2010 - 07:57 AM

I just ordered this no less than an hour ago for the $17.99. I already shot off an e-mail to Amazon to refund my account the difference. Thanks for the heads up
Currently Playing:
:360: Halo 4/NBA 2k13
:ps3: Assassins Creed 3

Posted Image

#90 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2010 - 08:50 AM

it's by the end of release day

this will be a tricky one though since on the east coast the price apparently didn't drop until the 27th