Army of Two: The 40th Day (PS3, 360) $39.99 - Amazon DotD 1/26

I heard it was really short and didn't have much replay value... Kind of like the first one. Still, I had fun with the small bit I played of the first Ao2. Thanks, OP! I may end up biting... Though I'll also have to buy and beat the first game before it arrives. ;P

It's much, much better than the first one. I'm about 2/3rds of the way through it, and really digging it. All the mechanics are much tighter, the levels are better design for co-op, and it's just ... better. Worth the $40, IMO.

seppo

i went ahead and bought one. liked the first. 40 is my pricepoint for all new games after seeing how badly pre-orderers were screwed this last holiday season. 2 months and i promise almost all games go to $40 for some kind of sale.

If you have a backlog of unplayed/unopened stash like myself, you can probably wait and pick this up for $20 by summertime.

FYI, buy it at $39.99, submit a trade-in for the game at $34.25, beat it within two weeks or so, send it in and you are only out $5.74.

We are still in a recession and it's actually getting worse, not better. Every day it seems I hear of another company laying off employees or closing stores. A lot of people just aren't buying games like they used to, especially 60 dollar games that aren't considered must have games.

[quote name='Xerosaber']i went ahead and bought one. liked the first. 40 is my pricepoint for all new games after seeing how badly pre-orderers were screwed this last holiday season. 2 months and i promise almost all games go to $40 for some kind of sale.[/QUOTE]

I would dispute this fact, but seeing how not only this but also Darksiders are down to the $40 point already, you're right.

I bought Bayonetta not too long ago though, hopefully it won't drop like a rock and I'll regret spending that much money.

[quote name='Cheeseknight28']I would dispute this fact, but seeing how not only this but also Darksiders are down to the $40 point already, you're right.

I bought Bayonetta not too long ago though, hopefully it won't drop like a rock and I'll regret spending that much money.[/QUOTE]

i haven't noticed the trend with Sega games, or japanese publishers in general. Assassin's Creed dropped to 40 and i bought i, L4D2 dropped to 40 and i bought it. Borderlands didnt technically drop, but it was part of the spend 80, get a $40 credit so i bought two copies (multiple xboxes, great co-op). Operation flashpoint 2 was also in the spend 80 sale, bought it as well. fight night r4 dropped to 40 super quick too! i think what im trying to say is holy crap, its happening more than i realized and im glad ive been holding out! :)

Something else that people might be forgetting is that anyone that did not pre-order the game doesn't have access to one of the game modes (extraction) until around Feb. 12. So anyone who didn't already pre-order and pick the game up is probably just gonna wait till then (and/or a sale) to bother getting it.

It is better than the first, but its a bit uneven...some levels are really well done, some much less so...the game flows better but the story is even weaker this time around. Single player is probably only 8 or so hours and I found the ending really lame. It would be definitely better doing it co-op but apparently there's been a fair number of issues with online co-op as well. Overall, its an OK game, but nothing great....worth picking up during the summer when the game flow slows down and you can get it less than $30

DOTD already?

Well this will be $20 in no time, which is my price point. Still feeling the sting of vastly overpaying for the first one...

[quote name='Xerosaber']i went ahead and bought one. liked the first. 40 is my pricepoint for all new games after seeing how badly pre-orderers were screwed this last holiday season. 2 months and i promise almost all games go to $40 for some kind of sale.[/QUOTE]

Borderlands says hello!

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']DOTD already?

Well this will be $20 in no time, which is my price point. Still feeling the sting of vastly overpaying for the first one...

Borderlands says hello![/QUOTE]

lol if you read my following post it described how borderlands was part of the spend 80 get 40 sale on Amazon. So i bought 2 borderlands copies for 57 each, bringing my total to 114 (free shipping), but the credit for 40 means it was like spending 74, meaning each copy cost 37 each, actually cheaper than Ao2:40th Day is right now. ;)

decent price. i ended up paying $25 for it at toysrus.com's b1g1 50% off, and felt that was worth it. it's really only good if you play with a buddy. the AI is crap

Wow, am I GLAD I waited out for this then. I'm glad I bought Darksiders instead of Army of Two. I really liked the first one, especially when you play with a friend. But it wasn't anything MIND blowing to where I actually felt the price didn't sting a little. I still wanted to play this one though, and since it already reduced in price so much, heck, doesn't hurt to wait a little more.

I remember the first one took forever to drop. I guess theres a lot more competition now.

I personally paid $35 for mine and have been quite happy. The story is weak because it doesnt take advantage of the PMC idea and I miss the old weapon system, everything else is a huge improvement. The AI for your partner is a massive improvement over the first, but the game is still more fun when played Co-Op. The multiplayer is good and hopefully after this deal it will be even better.

If anyone picks this up and wants to get in on multi just add me on PSN, I have the official headset and can play almost any night.

I really like the game... guess I'm alone here. Kmart this week has it at 39.99 in BM.

The online co-op is fun with friends too. I did pickup MAG last night so I'll be playing this alot less.

So close to pulling the trigger, I just couldn't with my current backlog though. I will be laughing when this doesn't go on sale again for a year and all of us who waited because it will "obviously get cheaper" soon end up either not playing, getting used or paying more. Oh well, back to Dragon Age!

i enjoyed the first one better, this one is very glitchy.

dropped games
freezing
weapons not unlocking
horribly unclear story
boring.

better off buying WET IMO, at least that was fun.

I was very dissapointed with the sequal as well. I though it was going to nail all the failed promises of the first one..........it came very short.

I dont understand whats so "Co-Op" about the series anymore. You can revive your downed partner, you can flank enemies and draw there attention.........all these things are found in other shooters, like Gears!. Nothing special here, especially on a 4-6 hour campaign.

The multi player was enjoyable, its much more co-op based. Like mentioned, a multi player mode (Extraction) is a pre-order exclusive untill middle of February. Extraction is pretty much like "Hoard" Mode.

If you where looking forward to picking this up in the first place, $40 is a good price since it just came out like 3 weeks ago.

If you are bitting on this just cuse the price got your attention, i would hold off.

[quote name='Viol8tor']I was very dissapointed with the sequal as well. I though it was going to nail all the failed promises of the first one..........it came very short.

I dont understand whats so "Co-Op" about the series anymore. You can revive your downed partner, you can flank enemies and draw there attention.........all these things are found in other shooters, like Gears!. Nothing special here, especially on a 4-6 hour campaign.

The multi player was enjoyable, its much more co-op based. Like mentioned, a multi player mode (Extraction) is a pre-order exclusive untill middle of February. Extraction is pretty much like "Hoard" Mode.

If you where looking forward to picking this up in the first place, $40 is a good price since it just came out like 3 weeks ago.

If you are bitting on this just cuse the price got your attention, i would hold off.[/QUOTE]

If you don't know what's co-op about it, then you obviously are not playing it right; or are playing it with an AI.

i absolutely hated this game. the first one is good, but it feels like they sucked all the fun out of this one. i wish i had just rented it instead of wasting my money.

I played the first one and I have this game from release date. As a fan of the series it feels like a rushed game since its buggy and pretty short. Otherwise I would say since I paid $60 for it I would say $30 or less if your not sure but $40 is a good price for a recently released game or if you have a friend to play it with.

I guess this could be indicative of the lack of interest in this game. The thread in the 360 subforum has like 15 replies since release two weeks ago.

As a co-op fan this is just disappointing because Gears of War is great and all, but I really hoped there would be more that just one game in this particular genre.

bread's done
Back