Endless Ocean: Blue World (Wii) $29.99 with Free Wii Speak At Amazon

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#31 Spacepest

Spacepest

Your Tax Dollars At Work

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2010 - 01:04 AM

I pre-ordered from Amazon to get the Wii Speak added on. I'm more confident that Amazon will actually include it, as opposed to GS which seems to like to randomly screw people out of their pre-order bonuses.

I love the first game, and I'm just astounded at some of the prices that it goes for. You think it would get a reprint as a budget title for $15-20.
"Videogames...why waste good technology (and $$$ ) on science and medicine?"

#32 voidedx

voidedx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2010 - 01:31 AM

I love the first game, and I'm just astounded at some of the prices that it goes for. You think it would get a reprint as a budget title for $15-20.

I count myself lucky when I got the first game for cheap (~$17).
Since they are so close to releasing the second game, a re-release of the first game would mostly cut in to their own sales.

After they have their windfall from the second game, they could make a "special edition" that includes both games on one disc that recaptures the entire Blue Ocean market.
[URL="http://www.lusogamer.com/profile/live?gamertag=SpaceNinjaDino"]Posted Image[/URL]

#33 Doomed

Doomed

Posted 27 January 2010 - 02:29 AM

Why no reprint? It was already a budget game. The only reason EO1 isn't on this disc is developer greed or wish to not devalue the original copies. Both games combined only take up around 1/2 of a normal Wii disc.

I count myself lucky when I got the first game for cheap (~$17).
Since they are so close to releasing the second game, a re-release of the first game would mostly cut in to their own sales.

After they have their windfall from the second game, they could make a "special edition" that includes both games on one disc that recaptures the entire Blue Ocean market.

sig.gif

#34 snipegod

snipegod

Level 5 mustache detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2010 - 02:45 AM

Why no reprint? It was already a budget game. The only reason EO1 isn't on this disc is developer greed or wish to not devalue the original copies. Both games combined only take up around 1/2 of a normal Wii disc.

Yeah, I wish publishers packed discs like torrentfreaks, too.
Posted Image

#35 theflicker

theflicker

Posted 27 January 2010 - 03:00 AM

Only 1/2 of a normal Wii disc?!? There's room for a rip of Avatar too then! Greedy Nintendo, always holding back.

Plus with PS3 remote play you can basically PLay your PS3 games on your PSP Go anywhere you are basically making it a Portable PS3

But Metroid sucks. I consider it Gunpei Yokoi's worst creation, even beating the Virtual Boy.

RE: XBox ONE

at least they change their name and not name their systems 1,2,3,4

#36 Daisydog

Daisydog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2010 - 03:05 AM

Thanks!
Ordered and took a screenshot of the item page, just in case.

madjanet.gif

Animal Crossing New Leaf: 0259-0578-0177

#37 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2010 - 05:01 AM

Guess I'll bite. Dunno how much I'll be playing this one, but at least it *might* hold its value.

Already have a Wiispeak...wonder if I can unload it somewhere?

#38 4tygames

4tygames

Cover Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2010 - 06:53 AM

Just pre-ordered the Endless Ocean 2 Wii Speak Bundle yesterday at GameStop!
Posted Image

Posted Image

#39 billymagnum

billymagnum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2010 - 07:58 AM

Got the original (hard to find) for my girlfriends little brother. If you no any young person who loves nature these games are perfect. Very educational and relaxing.

#40 wizzyx3

wizzyx3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2010 - 08:09 AM

Ordered, good deal.

#41 lllGurulll

lllGurulll

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2010 - 11:42 AM

Hope you guys aren't steering me wrong here. heh

Ordered.
PSWii60 FTW!!!

#42 Doomed

Doomed

Posted 27 January 2010 - 12:10 PM

Yeah, I wish publishers packed discs like torrentfreaks, too.

I bought Endless Ocean and I preordered this.

People were asking for a reprint, (for some reason) I explained it was technically possible but not monetarily.

Avatar is made by a different company and not deserving of a reprint.

sig.gif

#43 Simmeltron

Simmeltron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2010 - 06:19 PM

Preordered for my girlfriend (and myself) ;)

#44 squidboots

squidboots

cephalopod footwear

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2010 - 08:39 PM

I had this preordered the day it went up for preorder like last September. Totally looking forward to it!
Posted Image

#45 JTHuffy

JTHuffy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2010 - 12:12 AM

this is a front page deal?

#46 MasterSun1

MasterSun1

Already Guilty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2010 - 06:05 AM

Might actually pick this up on release. I recently found 3 copies of the original at Walmart for $19.96!

#47 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2010 - 04:45 PM

I recently found 3 copies of the original at Walmart for $19.96!

Wow! That seems crazy to find this game in a retailer these days. Did you buy all 3?

#48 MasterSun1

MasterSun1

Already Guilty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2010 - 06:46 PM

Wow! That seems crazy to find this game in a retailer these days. Did you buy all 3?

Indeed I did.

#49 Suade

Suade

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2010 - 08:09 PM

With Monster hunter Tri and The Grinder supporting Wii speak this could be a good deal. Amazon has Animal Crossing for $20 and The Conduit is under $15. Very tempting.

#50 donssword

donssword

Gaming longer than u

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2010 - 08:22 PM

Walmart had lots of these in $19.99 bins Xmas 2008. Its likely they were dug up out of the back of the warehouse for the recent finds.

From what I read about features in the new version, your money would probably be better spent with Blue World. It sounds like a much bigger game, with more missions and variety.

I had tried Everblue 2 on the PS2 as a potential substitution when prices for the original EO went crazy, but it just didn't compare--it was clunky with a really awkward RPG setting with static land environments. It seems the developer offers significant upgrades between each iteration in the series, and I anticipate the same will happen with Blue World.

BTW -- this is not an expert opinion, just a personal one--to each their own.

Edited by donssword, 28 January 2010 - 10:12 PM.
Sssss, like a snake

--
My first console: the Teletype 33.

DonsSword.png

#51 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

You tell me where to be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2010 - 09:10 PM

Eurogamer has a review up.

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#52 donssword

donssword

Gaming longer than u

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2010 - 10:18 PM

Sounds even better after the review.

--
My first console: the Teletype 33.

DonsSword.png

#53 joeyatog

joeyatog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2010 - 10:55 PM

Eurogamer has a review up.

Just read the review as well...I am definitely gonna pre-order now. Sounds like it is worth it if you enjoyed the original.
Posted Image

#54 Zephyrsaurus

Zephyrsaurus

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 30 January 2010 - 06:30 PM

This sounds great - are we all going to be trading in those Wii Speaks at the local Gamestop? Maybe they'll end up being useful in the end. I wish it had been a little keyboard like the one they have for the 360; now that would have been perfect.

I've really pined away for the first Endless Ocean, and there's no way I can pick it up cheap. I missed out on the clearance sales, but it's great if they've made improvements over the first one, since I can then tell myself that I never wanted the first one anyway.

Had a bit of fun with that Everblue 2 for the PS2, but I had lots of problems with orienting myself within wrecks, but anyplace there's something worth finding, there's always a shark out to rip you apart. Had to stop playing.
zephyr...there I was, just minding my own business....

#55 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

You tell me where to be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2010 - 02:12 AM

Gameplay trailer, this looks sweet!

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#56 4tygames

4tygames

Cover Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2010 - 03:08 AM

If Endless Ocean 2 is successful, hopefully Sony will wake up and bring over The Aquanaut's Holiday for PS3. The game is already translated into English with the Asian version so it would be an easy import. It even has English trophy support! Now the Asian version of the game is out of print and prices are starting to skyrocket :-(
Posted Image

Posted Image