Steam Midweek Madness Deal - Psychonauts $2

Honestly, there's no reason NOT to purchase this game. Not sure how this price doesn't constitute theft for such gaming greatness, but either way, DO NOT PASS THIS GAME UP!

Crazy price on a crazy game. It seemed pretty good from what I've played, but I couldn't really get into it. For $2...who can say no?

However, it's a shame that buying this game doesn't give any money to the developers apparantly.

Does this work with the X360 gamepad natively or is it meant for KB+mouse? I started it on the Xbox, but if I could run it all at high-rez on my PC, $2 is nothing to pay for the option.

I have been meaning to pick this game up for a while and for 2 dollars there is no reason to pass this up.

[quote name='DirkBelig']Does this work with the X360 gamepad natively or is it meant for KB+mouse? I started it on the Xbox, but if I could run it all at high-rez on my PC, $2 is nothing to pay for the option.[/QUOTE]

I don't have the Steam version, but I've got the original disc release and it works with the 360 controller. So you should be fine.

I had been eyeing this game when I saw it on clearance at a game store outlet for $10 years ago ... and it was there for a LONG time, but never got around to pulling the trigger.

This is a no brainer.

[quote name='jrhawk42']anybody know how well this version works w/ the 360 controller? I think I'm just going to wait until it drops to $5 on xbl[/QUOTE]

Works flawlessly with the 360 controller. I also remember using a logitech rumble pad for it as well.

Buying a copy for me and buying a copy for my bro. Was hoping for this for $5 so at $2 ill def spread the love.

Does anyone know if the game has subtitle support? My little bros speakers are broke which would take a lot of the fun out of this game!

Never finished it because of the Meat Circus jumping. May pick it up and try again. I probably still have the old save games, but I don't know where my disk is.

[quote name='Muitabui']how are the controls without the use of a controller?[/QUOTE]

Fine, but it's a platformer, and I tend to gravitate towards a controller when playing platform games.

I have the original, physical PC version, and it takes 5 or so discs to install. For $2, it may be worth it to eliminate that installation hassle.

Reason #256879 to be a PC gamer, I've got the xbox version of this game, but never played it. I think I'll pick it up, only because if it stares at me everytime I go into steam I'll feel obligated to play it.

Yes! I was waiting for this during the Thanksgiving and Christmas sales and it never happened.

Just a shame that it has to come on the same day ME2 hits, which means it will probably be awhile before I play it :)

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Fine, but it's a platformer, and I tend to gravitate towards a controller when playing platform games.[/QUOTE]

Does it support joysticks? I might be able to get my 360 controller working if so :)

(granted, I haven't even tried to set that up ever since the adaptor arrived, so maybe that is easier said than done :p)

I saw a used copy in a mom n pop store for $15 or $20 the other day (Xbox). I was really tempted to get it, but it would have screwed with my b2g1 picks. For $2, it's hard to ignore even though I prefer physical copies.

...I know there are lots of people that are obsessed with Steam, so how does the DRM work? If I get a new computer will I be able to redownload it or will I be able to transfer the files from an external hard drive?

Edit: Anyone know if I would be able to hookup my wireless Xbox 360 controller to it with a play in charge USB cable or hook up my PS3 controller via usb? I'm not much of a PC Gamer. (I only play Age of Empires 3 on my PC)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KillerRamen']I saw a used copy in a mom n pop store for $15 or $20 the other day (Xbox). I was really tempted to get it, but it would have screwed with my b2g1 picks. For $2, it's hard to ignore even though I prefer physical copies.

...I know there are lots of people that are obsessed with Steam, so how does the DRM work? If I get a new computer will I be able to redownload it or will I be able to transfer the files from an external hard drive?[/QUOTE]

Some games have their own specific DRM (don't know about this one), but generally speaking you can download your steam games onto any computer as long as you've logged into steam with the account you purchased them on. I don't think there is a limit to that, but then again I haven't really tested it too much so who knows. The main thing is you need an internet connection to be logged into steam, but that's about it.

Edit:
[quote name='KillerRamen']Edit: Anyone know if I would be able to hookup my wireless Xbox 360 controller to it with a play in charge USB cable or hook up my PS3 controller via usb? I'm not much of a PC Gamer. (I only play Age of Empires 3 on my PC)[/QUOTE]

Don't know about PS3, but no on the Xbox 360 controller. You need a special adaptor.

Thanks for the heads-up! I already own the PS2 version, but I'm hoping that when I get a new PC rig this will run smoother. Either way, I'm happy to support such a cool game and Tim Schafer :)

[quote name='Sideswiper']I don't understand why so many people like this game. From what I played of the demo, it's a jumping game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, people hate Mario

[quote name='Sideswiper']I don't understand why so many people like this game. From what I played of the demo, it's a jumping game.[/QUOTE]

It has the most all around engrossing, engaging, imaginative, and plain fun story of just about any game out there. That's why it's so popular.

Personally, I've probably played all the way through the single player of maybe 20-30 games in the last ten years (after purchasing or renting 300-400 (rough estimate, over 200 games on Steam alone).) I played through Psychonauts 3 times, and probably will again in the future.

I've been waiting a long time for this to drop just so I could buy it again on Steam. Great deal!

Hmm, I have a sealed PS2 copy (five bucks from Circuit City...R.I.P.)that I never got around to playing and feel bad both about not playing it and opening it. For another two bucks, I think I'll spring for it an then I can keep the other sealed (not sure why, just feels like the right thing to do).

Hell, I *do* hava an extra five bucks from skipping lunch today ;).

bread's done
Back