Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Server shutdowns: GWFL Marketplace 8-22!/GWFL 7-1-2014!/Burnout Revenge back up!

• Please log in to reply
222 replies to this topic

#31 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2010 - 09:34 PM

Yeah, I am working on my last achievement for Dirt1 (drive 1000 miles in career) and tried online for the heck of it and there was noone on at all. Course it had poor structure for head2head racing.

My favorite EA closing servers moment is when they got control of NFL2k5's servers when they got the ESPN deal and immediately shut them down. Bet they were itching for that as there was still alot of activity on the PS2 and xbox servers even though it was 3-4 years later.
Posted Image
Waiting for: WRC 2010 and WRC 2 and WRC 3:cry:
Now playing:
:360: Forza Horizon, Halo Series
:wii: Collecting Dust
:ps3: Collecting Dust
:pc: Diablo 3, Walking Dead
When I'm not watching Grimm and Firefly on Hulu.

#32 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2010 - 06:24 PM

There's 1000+ in NBA 07 lobbies. Get there quick if you need that achievement. I still need the other three NBA 07 online achievements and about thirty wins in Facebreaker if anyone needs those and wants to play/boost. Not a big booster, but since they're shutting down the servers before I got around to playing these (FB & NBA HC, I got NBA 07 to help reach 1,000) I'm down with it.
Posted Image
Now playing:

#33 timesplitt

timesplitt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2010 - 09:35 PM

set my alarm for 12:15 and woke up and turned off alarm and went back to bed forgetting about this.. dammit

#34 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2010 - 06:26 AM

Update: Microsoft has announced that Xbox Live support for ALL original Xbox games will end on April 15. I take it that this includes the ability to download DLC so I for one will have to redownload the DLC for Splinter Cell onto my newly acquired OG Xbox. This shutdown is for all original xbox games including BC games playable on 360s AND Xbox Originals purchased on 360s. Reminds me that I still haven't played Doom 3 co-op.
Posted Image
Now playing:

#35 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2010 - 12:29 PM

Just to clarify, you can still play your BC XBox 1 games on the 360, but their Live functionality will be gone.

I bet you'll also be signed out of Live when you start one up.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#36 kklems

kklems

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2010 - 12:59 PM

Did I read right that original xbox titles that were bought on the 360 marketplace ie fable, halo will lose support? That doesn't seem right. I understand ending BC support by not bringing on new games but games purchased on the 360 still should be supported.

#37 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2010 - 02:46 PM

Just to clarify, you can still play your BC XBox 1 games on the 360, but their Live functionality will be gone.

I bet you'll also be signed out of Live when you start one up.

Right, sorry if that was unclear, but when I typed Xbox Live support I was referring to being able to play online and download DLC (most likely).

Did I read right that original xbox titles that were bought on the 360 marketplace ie fable, halo will lose support? That doesn't seem right. I understand ending BC support by not bringing on new games but games purchased on the 360 still should be supported.

Once again sorry if that was unclear. No more online play for BC or originals or on the original xbox and most likely no more DLC downloading ability. I would think that BC game updates to enable BC compatability on the 360 would still work, but this has not been addressed yet.
Posted Image
Now playing:

#38 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2010 - 02:52 PM

http://www.majornels...-and-games.aspx
Posted Image
Now playing:

#39 jonathanp

jonathanp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2010 - 03:55 PM

The following is an important update regarding online service for Skate...aka OG Skate or Skate 1.
Servers for the skate.Reel feature will be shut down on March 1st, 2010. After this date, you may continue to play the game online but no longer able to capture video clips and upload them to the skate.Reel galleries, both in-game and on the skate website.
All of us at EA would like to thank you for your valued participation in our online gaming community and hope that your enthusiasm for Skate extends to Skate 2 and the upcoming Skate 3.
If you have further questions about your account or the shut down of these services, please visit http://support.ea.com.

Here we go again. So if anone needs help on skate Celebrity (the onlne achievement that really needs boosting at this point) I will help out and hopefully get the favor returned.

#40 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2010 - 08:28 PM

I'll do that once my E74 is fixed.
Posted Image
Now playing:

#41 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 06 February 2010 - 10:29 PM

i am down for
Madden 08

Edited by starmask2k3, 07 February 2010 - 01:44 AM.

#42 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2010 - 12:43 AM

Guess what. I'm downloading the Halo 2 maps onto my replacement OG Xbox right now. Don't know if DLC for other games is working, but strike while the iron is hot.
Posted Image
Now playing:

#43 GLOCKGLOCK

GLOCKGLOCK

Too many games...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2010 - 05:59 PM

More EA servers going down! Like I posted earlier in the thread, they are shutting down games left and right in 2010:

March 16, 2010 Online Service Shutdown

Def Jam for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
Godfather for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
Lord of the Rings: Conquest for PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
Simpsons for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360

Online Achievement info:
Def Jam - 8 for 315gs (an additional 15 for 185gs can be done solo or online, but are alot easier to just boost while you are going for your 200 wins)
Godfather - None
LotR Conquest - 10 for 310gs
Simpsons - None

Hail to Pitt!

#44 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2010 - 07:03 PM

That sucks for LOTR Conquest. Def Jam was horrible. Godfather and Simpsons had online components other than EA spying on what you're playing?

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#45 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2010 - 07:12 PM

Damn, LotR was just a little over a year old. I know it sucked, but still.

#46 jonathanp

jonathanp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2010 - 11:23 PM

More EA servers going down! Like I posted earlier in the thread, they are shutting down games left and right in 2010:

March 16, 2010 Online Service Shutdown

Def Jam for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
Godfather for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
Lord of the Rings: Conquest for PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
Simpsons for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360

Online Achievement info:
Def Jam - 8 for 315gs (an additional 15 for 185gs can be done solo or online, but are alot easier to just boost while you are going for your 200 wins)
Godfather - None
LotR Conquest - 10 for 310gs
Simpsons - None

I knew that if NBA Street was going down that Def Jam: ICON was going down. Hopefully I can start boosting Def Jam and the skate achievements this weekend so I can focus on other games that I know won't go offline anytime soon.

#47 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 02:50 AM

Thanks, Glock. Added to the OP. Bad time for me to be missing my 360 with an e74. Hopefully, it comes back soon. Seems like the choices of which game to play in my backlog is starting to get decided for me by EA.

Damn, LotR was just a little over a year old. I know it sucked, but still.

Wasn't Facebreaker just a little over a year old? And Def Jam isn't that old is it? What sucked about LoTR? I played the first three levels solo and it seemed ok, but not as epic as it should be since it was mp style of play.
Posted Image
Now playing:

#48 Lord_Kefka

Lord_Kefka

Son of a Submariner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 03:01 AM

Seriously, WTF. Some of these games haven't been out that long. Fuck EA.

Anyway, I still have my $10 Target Clearance copy of LOTR Conquest. Who wants to boost? PM me.

Lord Kefka... you're insatiable.

My Tradelist

#49 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 03:19 AM

Hopefully my 360 gets back from MS in time to boost DJ, LOTRC and Skate.reel.
Posted Image
Now playing:

#50 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 08:01 AM

Well, im glad i traded in LOTR:C before the price dropped, though im a bit sad about Def Jam, was planning to buy it tommorow >_>. There goes that idea

#51 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 02:13 PM

Add me to list for boosting on skate.reel 20 reviews - please review my one video from 2007 and I will do the same. Let me know via XBL or PM.

#52 jonathanp

jonathanp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:20 PM

Well, im glad i traded in LOTR:C before the price dropped, though im a bit sad about Def Jam, was planning to buy it tommorow >_>. There goes that idea

Don't give up on Def Jam. If anything, it's making me go buy it as soon as possible. I'm willing to boost. Although I want to finish up on skate since we have two weeks vs. having a month for Def Jam.

#53 srr

srr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:32 PM

Release Date: 3/6/2007

Def Jam is pretty old - I waited years before buying it used, very cheaply. That said, it doesn't appear that I ever got around to playing it. I'll be in for the online stuff with anyone interested.

#54 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2010 - 08:04 AM

Got my 360 back and am looking to play Def Jam and LOTRC online. Also down for Dark Corners. I love hoarde mode, but haven't met the threshold for achievements on all maps yet. Some bc of my level.

Also, I edited this because it turns out I don't have skate after all. Guess I just have too many games. I remember getting it cheap at blockbuster awhile ago and checking it out and liking it, but that was around the time I had some games I wanted to unload to GS during a trade X get X and I probably used skate to get to the highest tier on a trade.

Edited by jdawgg76, 27 February 2010 - 03:22 PM.

Posted Image
Now playing:

#55 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2010 - 03:49 PM

Don't give up on Def Jam. If anything, it's making me go buy it as soon as possible. I'm willing to boost. Although I want to finish up on skate since we have two weeks vs. having a month for Def Jam.

The only threatened skate achievement is the Celebrity one right? And maybe the post one reel and post six reels. Or did I miss something?
Posted Image
Now playing:

#56 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2010 - 04:59 AM

Hope eveybody finished up DJ and LOTRC as needed. I knocked out LOTRC, but didn't have it in me to go for 200 wins in DJ. Tried it out tonight and got beat down 5 out of 5 times by people who play a decent amount. The single player seemed better to me when I tried it and I liked it somewhat. Guess I shoulda started working on DJI sooner. no biggie. Not sure if servers close at the start of the day or end of the day or somewhere in between.

Any guesses for the next round of closures? I'm gonna guess that Burnout Revenge (old and well received sequel), Battlefield 2 (old), LOTR BFME (old), Bad Company 1 (well received sequel may make it unnecessary), and Army of Two (already closed in Japan) will be sooner than later. I haven't tried any of these online yet, so for all I know they have decent followings still. Just guesses.
Posted Image
Now playing:

#57 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2010 - 05:28 AM

Battlefield Modern Combat is definitely a no-brainer. I'm surprised it's not gone already. The community for Bad Company is still pretty active. I play everyday, and there are always a bunch of games going on with 20+ people in them.

#58 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 16 March 2010 - 05:34 AM

Seriously, WTF. Some of these games haven't been out that long. Fuck EA.

Anyway, I still have my $10 Target Clearance copy of LOTR Conquest. Who wants to boost? PM me.

i am down
i love EA but now they are killing the love :):):) its all about making money

#59 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2010 - 01:00 PM

Battlefield Modern Combat is definitely a no-brainer. I'm surprised it's not gone already. The community for Bad Company is still pretty active. I play everyday, and there are always a bunch of games going on with 20+ people in them.

Glad to hear BC1 is still active as that game's on my to play soon list, hopefully, that will keep it off the chopping block for a bit.

i am down
i love EA but now they are killing the love :):):) its all about making money

Didn't know you were looking to play LOTRC, or I woulda recruited you when we were playing this. Just so you know, I was gonna recruit Kefka, but he's got all 1000 points on this. If the servers aren't closed tonite I may be able to help you out.

BTW, we played this with a full room or two thru several matches and all types and it was a pretty fun game. Too bad as it's not like there's another similar game out there. I get the feeling that most people who didn't like it were disappointed that the single player felt more like mp with bots than a true epic battle.
Posted Image
Now playing:

#60 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2010 - 01:20 PM

This is kinda why I hesitate slightly about buying EA games because I know eventually the games servers will be closed. Although I don't own any of them games, but I would of maybe picked up LOTR sometime in the future when its super cheap.

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

PSN the-nexus6 | Xbox Live Ken the Wizard
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie