Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Server shutdowns: GWFL Marketplace 8-22!/GWFL 7-1-2014!/Burnout Revenge back up!

• Please log in to reply
222 replies to this topic

#61 GLOCKGLOCK

GLOCKGLOCK

Too many games...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2010 - 05:23 PM

Yea, Burnout Revenge, LotR Battle For Middle Earth and Battlefield Modern Combat are 3 of the oldest EA games that still have servers active so I would not be surprised if those were next.

From what I can recall, Burnout is not very hard, but it is time consuming. there is an achievement where you need 5 or 6 people as well.

The leaderboards no longer update for LotR BFME so that makes some of the leaderboards specific achievements difficult to get unless you know someone who is ranked in the game. Other than that, the online are pretty easy and can be boosted with one other person.

The servers for Battlefield MC are a nightmare. There are always games being played, but for the most part it is just people griefing and team killing. Also certain users know how to crash servers so even if you do qualify to get achievements in the current game,the achievement will not pop until the next game is loading, so if the game crashes you do not get credit. Also party chat is hit or miss and will often kick you out of games so it makes it difficult to coordinate some of the achievements. Private chat does work though. Finally there is a 500 games played achievement which will take 40-50 hours even if you are doing 1v1 boosting. This one is not for the faint of heart.

Let's go Pens!

#62 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2010 - 07:22 PM

Isn't Kane & Lynch an EA game too?
Posted Image
Waiting for: WRC 2010 and WRC 2 and WRC 3:cry:
Now playing:
:360: Forza Horizon, Halo Series
:wii: Collecting Dust
:ps3: Collecting Dust
:pc: Diablo 3, Walking Dead
When I'm not watching Grimm and Firefly on Hulu.

#63 GLOCKGLOCK

GLOCKGLOCK

Too many games...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2010 - 07:33 PM

Isn't Kane & Lynch an EA game too?

No it is Eidos.

Let's go Pens!

#64 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2010 - 01:54 AM

lol I never even opened my copy of Def Jam. Damn I am glad I didn't buy Lotr Conquest. That game isn't even that old....

#65 GLOCKGLOCK

GLOCKGLOCK

Too many games...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2010 - 05:16 PM

Reminder original xbox games going down for good in 2 days.

Also EA announced some new closures for May 11th:

Tiger Woods 07

&

Tiger Woods 08

Let's go Pens!

#66 Richlough

Richlough

Posted 13 April 2010 - 06:21 PM

We need a list of XBOX titles that have free DLC like KOTOR so we can get it before it's too late .

card.pngl1.gif

#67 GLOCKGLOCK

GLOCKGLOCK

Too many games...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2010 - 06:42 PM

We need a list of XBOX titles that have free DLC like KOTOR so we can get it before it's too late .

Here is a list that was cobbled together by some CAGs:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=251519

Let's go Pens!

#68 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2010 - 06:48 PM

Beat me to it. Just a note, go through the thread as the OP isn't completely up to date.
Posted Image
Now playing:

#69 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2010 - 01:33 PM

So today is the last day to play original xbox games on live (or is it tommrow?) I read a article on vgchartz that if you play Halo 2 before the servers shutdown they will give u a treat in halo reach. Whatever that's supposed to mean.

#70 GLOCKGLOCK

GLOCKGLOCK

Too many games...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2010 - 03:33 PM

So today is the last day to play original xbox games on live (or is it tommrow?) I read a article on vgchartz that if you play Halo 2 before the servers shutdown they will give u a treat in halo reach. Whatever that's supposed to mean.

I wouldn't be surprised if they went down for good around when they usually put up XBL marketplace content. I'd say if you want to play I would play today.

Any other info on what you get if you play Halo 2? I might have to play a couple games tonight for old time's sake.

Let's go Pens!

#71 myl0r

myl0r

Posted 14 April 2010 - 03:47 PM

I think it's an invite to the Beta.

#72 2DMention

2DMention

Posted 14 April 2010 - 04:19 PM

I hope they don't shut the servers down for Rock Band some day.
Posted Image

#73 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2010 - 04:40 PM

Reminder original xbox games going down for good in 2 days.

Also EA announced some new closures for May 11th:

Tiger Woods 07

&

Tiger Woods 08

Tiger 08 is going, geez, I have a load of achievements still to get in that and I've not even opened 09 or 10 yet :cry:

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#74 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2010 - 06:30 PM

I hope they don't shut the servers down for Rock Band some day.

Ha, I always envision some nightmare scenario where Rock Band suddenly has some secret contract expire and suddenly all DLC is no longer playable. Gamer apocalypse.

Need to get Yavin Station for KOTOR, Phantom Dust's DLC and maybe one last round of Crimson Skies in today. Sigh. Being able to have more than 100 friends is still a fucking shitty trade for shutting down all these games, so I hope they have more in mind for XBL than just that.
Posted Image

#75 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2010 - 10:54 PM

Is Xbox DLC free now for those that can get it or are they still charging for stuff up to the shutdown?

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#76 Richlough

Richlough

Posted 14 April 2010 - 11:49 PM

Should I open my sealed games to download the DLC ?

I'll never be able to again if I don't .

card.pngl1.gif

#77 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2010 - 02:20 AM

Is Xbox DLC free now for those that can get it or are they still charging for stuff up to the shutdown?

The vast majority of XBox 1 DLC has always been free. I believe some Project Gotham 2 content costs money and still does even now, but that's about it.

Yes, definitely. You never know. If you get the urge to play via XBConnect or something, you're going to want that DLC. It's not like they're worth anything sealed anyway.

---------

Just finished up a few minutes ago, played some Halo 2 for a while, then played some Crimson Skies. Had a pretty decent round after two or three matches, and then shut it down. In melodramatic terms, this is definitely the end of an era.

And holy crap is the XBox quiet compared to the 360.
Posted Image

#78 menikmati

menikmati

Isolation, self-damnation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2010 - 06:25 AM

Watching the live stream on Giant Bomb, see you in the Halo 2 section!

#79 2DMention

2DMention

Posted 15 April 2010 - 01:21 PM

Ha, I always envision some nightmare scenario where Rock Band suddenly has some secret contract expire and suddenly all DLC is no longer playable. Gamer apocalypse.

That or them closing down the servers all of a sudden wouldn't surprise me. It's EA after all.
Posted Image

#80 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2010 - 05:50 PM

That or them closing down the servers all of a sudden wouldn't surprise me. It's EA after all.

Rock Band isn't an EA game. It's Harmonix/MTV Games.

#81 GLOCKGLOCK

GLOCKGLOCK

Too many games...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2010 - 07:47 PM

Yea most is free but some games had paid DLC. They didn't drop the price on anything for the shutdown so if you really want something you have to ante up tonight.

From my standpoint I haven't seen any DLC on the OG xbox worth paying for.

If you are short of time its probably best to just get the single player stuff and the Halo 2 MP maps. The content for the 3 splinter cell games are good to pickup as well.

Check the other thread for a decent list of content. LINK

Let's go Pens!

#82 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2010 - 05:49 AM

Its sad to see that you are being forced to buy and play Xbox 360 games online. No more simple Xbox 1 games online anymore, but of course most people left that console/the online of said console loooong ago.

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#83 JollehRoger

JollehRoger

Feel My Cagceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2010 - 06:15 AM

I am glad the servers for the original Xbox got shut down, Microsoft was wasting bandwidth with that crap. Now they can not focus on giving Xbox 360 users cool shit like awesome updates and stuff.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Add me OnLive: JollehRoger

#84 myl0r

myl0r

Posted 16 April 2010 - 06:29 AM

I am glad the servers for the original Xbox got shut down, Microsoft was wasting bandwidth with that crap. Now they can not focus on giving Xbox 360 users cool shit like awesome updates and stuff.

Microsoft has two options with the money they are saving
1-Keep it as profit
2-Use it to give us more stuff

Which one do you think they will do?
Honestly, I really doubt they are gonna save THAT much money by taking all this down.

#85 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2010 - 06:39 AM

I hope someone takes a picture of what an Xbox Live Killscreen looks like.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#86 GLOCKGLOCK

GLOCKGLOCK

Too many games...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2010 - 08:20 PM

Tiger 08 is going, geez, I have a load of achievements still to get in that and I've not even opened 09 or 10 yet :cry:

Yea, no more Tiger 07 or 08 in a few weeks. Here are the achievements that will not be obtainable after May 11th for the OP.

Tiger Woods 07
High Roller - 15 - Make 25 online wagers
Getting the Hang of it - 15 - Win 5 online matches
Play in 5 online Tournaments - 20 - This is already glitched and unachievable

Tiger Woods 08
Anchor Man - 10 - Create and Play a 4-player Online Match (you must host to get this)
Reality Star - 35 - Play and beat a challenge in each of the Free Style, Long Drive, 9 and 18 Hole Showdown channels
Zapper - 10 - Post in each of the Free Style, Long Drive, 9 and 18 Hole Showdown channels
EA SPORTS GamerNet 1000 - 35 - Obtain 1000 producer points on EA Sports GamerNet
EA SPORTS GamerNet 5000 - 75 - Obtain 5000 producer points on EA Sports GamerNet

Mosts of these are pretty easy, but the 5000 producer points will take a while. I actually have some clips up so if others could bring them up and fail them that would help out. I'd be happy to do the same for other perople's clips. Just let me know that you did. Note, you do not even have to play the challenges, just bring them up, once it loads hit 'X' to start the challenge, then hit start and quit out. Takes 10-20 seconds.

Let's go Pens!

#87 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2010 - 09:32 PM

Is it dead yet or are they still refusing to tell people when it's ending? Seemed like a disrespectful way to have it go out since a number of people made the time to play on Wednesday night to see the end of Xbox Live only to be told that it's happening at some random time they won't reveal.

#88 GLOCKGLOCK

GLOCKGLOCK

Too many games...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2010 - 07:34 PM

Is it dead yet or are they still refusing to tell people when it's ending? Seemed like a disrespectful way to have it go out since a number of people made the time to play on Wednesday night to see the end of Xbox Live only to be told that it's happening at some random time they won't reveal.

They took it down around 7pm EST last Thursday. They never gave an exact time, just a bunch of random tweets and posts from major nelson and the xbox live operations team saying they would "flip the switch" at some point.

Not sure why they didn't just announce the time to make it easy on everyone. Guess it doesn't matter now anyways.

Let's go Pens!

#89 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2010 - 03:34 AM

Just so you know the last of the people clinging to Halo 2 has lost their connection.

http://xboxlive.ign..../1088774p1.html
Posted Image
Now playing:

#90 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2010 - 06:34 PM

Just a bump for any subscribers. Thanks to GLOCKGLOCK for pointing this one out. Info also in his awesome achievement thread. I'll be looking to boost this one even though the max attainable is 705 apparently. Had to post quick will add more later.

See post #94 for info.

Edited by jdawgg76, 12 December 2010 - 03:43 AM.

Posted Image
Now playing: