Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Server shutdowns: GWFL Marketplace 8-22!/GWFL 7-1-2014!/Burnout Revenge back up!

• Please log in to reply
222 replies to this topic

#91 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2010 - 10:32 PM

The servers for Mercenaries 2 were shut down as well, correct?

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
743275.png

#92 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2010 - 11:18 PM

The servers for Mercenaries 2 were shut down as well, correct?

Not that I'm aware of. I'll check this evening. It would piss me off if they were.
Posted Image
Waiting for: WRC 2010 and WRC 2 and WRC 3:cry:
Now playing:
:360: Forza Horizon, Halo Series
:wii: Collecting Dust
:ps3: Collecting Dust
:pc: Diablo 3, Walking Dead
When I'm not watching Grimm and Firefly on Hulu.

#93 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2010 - 01:18 AM

According to EA's site, Mercs 2 is still up for 360, but was closed down for PCs. Probably not too long left for 360 players.
Posted Image
Now playing:

#94 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2010 - 03:41 AM

UPDATE 12-11: Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth II servers will shut down on 1/11/11 for 360. EA's rights to the series are over as someone else is making the new games and has the exclusive rights. Supposedly, shutdown was originally set or 12/31/10, but EA listed the 360 shutdown on the PC page and legally they have to give thirty days notice. All PC iterations lose servers on 12/31 still. Thanks to GLOCKGLOCK for the heads up. The official notice from EA:

Our licensing deal with Middle-earth Enterprises has expired, forcing us to shutdown the online services for The Lord of the Rings™ games. We hope you have enjoyed playing these games online and appreciate your patronage. There's still time for one last epic tower rush!
If you have further questions about your account or the shut down of these services, please visit http://support.ea.com.
Thank you,
Electronic Arts
Dec 31, 2010 Online Service Shutdown

The Lord of the Rings™, The Battle for Middle-earth™ for PC
The Lord of the Rings™, The Battle for Middle-earth™ II for PC
The Lord of the Rings™, The Battle for Middle-earth™ II, The Rise of the Witch-king™ for PC

Jan 11, 2011 Online Service Shutdown

The Lord of the Rings™, The Battle for Middle-earth™ II for Xbox 360
The Lord of the Rings™, The Battle for Middle-earth™ II, The Rise of the Witch-king™ for Xbox 360

Most achievements affected are pretty easily attainable with the only difficult two being one where you have to beat a player ranked 20 places higher than you on the leaderboards and a zero point one where you lose to a player ranked 20 places lower than you. Apparently, the problem is that only the top 10,000 players are on the leaderboards. I don't know how long it would take to get on the leaderboards and then find a person higher than you. The rest are just getting 1 or 10 wins in different game types:

The Hobbit and the Troll
Capture them all!!!
King of Kings
My Heroes are better than yours
Entrepreneur of Middle-earth
General
Capture and Hold
King of the Hill!
My Heroes!!!!
Middle-earth Financier
Sergeant
Try a tutorial
In need of a lesson

Just a note, apparently the most achievement points one can earn in this game is 705 for some reason. Also, the Rise of the Witch King is also listed for 360, but as far as I can tell it never came out for 360.

Since EA is the main reason for this thread, here's a link to server closure announcements:

http://www.ea.com/2/service-updates

EDIT: Just popped in the game and sure enough it lists 705 as the total points. At least they are all attainable before server shutdown and not glitched chevos or whatever. Maybe the 295 were meant for the Witch King expansion which never happened. Also several players are on the leaderboards with 10/10 records so maybe it won't be too hard to get on there. Maybe if a few of us get together, two or three of us can both lose all ten to the same player making him 20-0 and that may boost him onto the leaderboards and high enough for us to get the chevo. Also, you can just start a match and quit out to expedite boosting the matches.

Edited by jdawgg76, 12 December 2010 - 04:24 AM.

#95 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2011 - 11:57 PM

UPDATE 1-6:

And so it begins like an annual early spring douche. . .

Mar 1, 2011 Online Service Shutdown
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 09 for Wii

Feb 8, 2011 Online Service Shutdown
FIFA 07 for Xbox 360
FIFA 08 for PlayStation Portable, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Wii
FIFA 09 for PC, PlayStation Portable, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Wii
FIFA 09 Ultimate Team for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
FIFA Street 3 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
EA SPORTS FIFA Manager 10 for PC

EA SPORTS Fight Night Round 3 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
Madden 09 for PlayStation Portable (all regions), PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Wii
Madden 10 for PlayStation Portable (all regions), PlayStation 2 and Wii
NBA LIVE 08 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
NBA LIVE 09 for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Wii
NCAA Basketball 08 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
NCAA Basketball 09 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
NCAA Football 07 for Xbox 360
NCAA Football 08 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
NCAA Football 09 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
NCAA Football 10 for PlayStation 2
NFL Head Coach 09 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
NHL 08 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
NHL 09 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 09 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
UEFA EURO 2008 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
2010 FIFA World Cup for PlayStation Portable and Wii
2010 FIFA World Cup Demo for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
Posted Image
Now playing:

#96 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2011 - 06:03 PM

All I got to say is get your online achievements done early in case EA shuts down leaderboards or some other functionality early again. Too bad I was so busy I couldn't get to it sooner as I only got the one win achievements and now apparently there are heroes I will never unlock in the game cause they were attached to 10 win achievements. I get the feeling the leaderboard shutdown was an actual problem at EA as other games were reported to have similar problems and since it was over a weekend it wasn't going to get fixed. Or they could be dicks.

For the record I only saw people complain about other older games. Dunno if this is a coincidence or a warning sign, but I saw people complain about leaderboards for the following games:
Command & Conquer (didn't specify which one)
NFS Carbon
Battlefield 2 MC
two others which I'll have to go back and look for.

Maybe a coincidence or maybe a sign those games are on the cusp of shutdown?

#97 GLOCKGLOCK

GLOCKGLOCK

Too many games...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2011 - 05:54 PM

The oldest EA Games that have online achievements and servers that are still active that do not currently have a shutdown date are:

Burnout Revenge
Battlefield Modern Combat
Need for Speed Carbon
Need for Speed Pro Street
Medal of Honor Airborne
Command and Conquer 3

Some of these games have some really long and difficult achievements so if you are a completionist you probably should start on them soon.

Some Quick Notes:
Burnout Revenge - Not too bad online, you have to grind out some races, but with a 2nd copy or a buddy they won't take too long.

BF:MC - Very time consuming and the clan servers rarely work the right way. You have to play 500 games and there is one achievement you need 7 or 8 people for (Kill 5 with Mortar strike)

Need for Speed Carbon - Time Consuming, you also have to track down a EA moderator for a achievement which is next to impossible. 2 for 25 gs are already glitched and/or unachieveable

Need for Speed Pro Street - Online stuff is not too bad, but once again you need to beat an EA Moderator. You also need 8 people for a couple achievements and there are some virals you'll need to get from others. 1 for 15 gs is glitched/unachieveable

Medal of Honor Airborne - Haven't done anything myself, but the MP achievements are supposed to be very time consuming and I believe you need 6 people to start a ranked match.

Command and Conquer 3 - Play 100 Hours of MP achievement...

Hail to Pitt!

#98 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:59 PM

Get ready for another round of closings next month.

August 11th, 2001 Server Shutdown:

Army of Two for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
Army of Two Demo for Xbox 360
Battlefield 2142 Demo for PC
Battlefield 2: Modern Combat for Xbox 360
Battlefield 2: Modern Combat Demo for Xbox 360
Medal of Honor Airborne for PlayStation Portable
Medal of Honor Heroes 2 for PlayStation Portable and Wii
NASCAR 09 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 (North America)
NCAA Basketball 10 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
NCAA Football 10 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
Need for Speed Most Wanted for PC and Xbox 360
Need for Speed Undercover for PlayStation Portable
Skate for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 for PlayStation Portable, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Wii
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 Demo for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360

October 1, 2011 Online Service Shutdown

Madden NFL 10 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
NHL 10 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360

Pretty sad about BF2, NFS Most Wanted (Whyyyyyy?!?!!?) and Skate.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#99 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:42 PM

Get ready for another round of closings next month.

Pretty sad about BF2, NFS Most Wanted (Whyyyyyy?!?!!?) and Skate.

Awesome. Guess I need to start boosting Army of Two.

#100 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:51 PM

I love how Medal of Honor Airborne never released for the PSP yet all the game sites just copy/pasted the press release from EA without doing any fact checking.

#101 StarKnightX

StarKnightX

will hook you up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2011 - 04:50 AM

Same here. I started boosting it a while back I think when the very first batch of EA shutdowns were announced and a group got formed to try and knock them out just in case the game got shut down soon , but didn't really stick with it. Don't have a lot of time left now.

At least Most Wanted doesn't have any online achievements (didn't even know it had an online mode). Also , didn't skate already have its servers shut down?

#102 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2011 - 05:15 AM

Count me in for boosting Ao2.

Same here. I started boosting it a while back I think when the very first batch of EA shutdowns were announced and a group got formed to try and knock them out just in case the game got shut down soon , but didn't really stick with it. Don't have a lot of time left now.

At least Most Wanted doesn't have any online achievements (didn't even know it had an online mode). Also , didn't skate already have its servers shut down?

Glad to hear that about Most Wanted, I haven't even checked out the online on it. They just shut down some social part of skate or something. It only affected posting videos and the like. This will be a total shutdown.

I'm out of town this week, but when I get back I'll be looking to boost/play Ao2, Madden 10, NCAA Football 10, Most Wanted (to check it out), and maybe BF2:MC. Since they're getting shutdown for other systems I imagine that MoHA and Carbon aren't too far behind.
Posted Image
Now playing:

#103 fatmanforlife99

fatmanforlife99

I need a weapon.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:03 PM

Count me in for boosting Ao2.

Glad to hear that about Most Wanted, I haven't even checked out the online on it. They just shut down some social part of skate or something. It only affected posting videos and the like. This will be a total shutdown.

I'm out of town this week, but when I get back I'll be looking to boost/play Ao2, Madden 10, NCAA Football 10, Most Wanted (to check it out), and maybe BF2:MC. Since they're getting shutdown for other systems I imagine that MoHA and Carbon aren't too far behind.

Well the cool thing about BF2MC, you can do 1v1 clan matches. That should take care of most of the online achievements.

There are those who said this day would never come. What are they to say now?

1237720547_chuck_norris.gif

#104 Hell Monkey

Hell Monkey

Social Link MAX!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:08 PM

I'm looking for an Ao2 partner as well for anyone wanting to boost.

#105 Raccoon2117

Raccoon2117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:25 PM

Why is Battlefield 2 shutting down? I know the sequel is coming this fall, but there's still a sizable community every time I play. I think the last time I popped in the game was a couple of weeks ago.

Boooooo.

#106 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:36 PM

It's Modern Combat, not Bad Company 2.

#107 Stryffe2004

Stryffe2004

Overlord of the Obvious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:45 PM

Why is Battlefield 2 shutting down? I know the sequel is coming this fall, but there's still a sizable community every time I play. I think the last time I popped in the game was a couple of weeks ago.

Boooooo.

That is garbage. I jumped into a full game last week. And I am talking Battlefield 2: Modern Combat, not the Bad Company series. My son still plays Call of Duty 3 in full games on a regular basis. just because a game is old, doesn't mean people don't play it. The game got put up on games on demand not too long ago. Shame on you EA.
Posted Image

#108 Raccoon2117

Raccoon2117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:02 PM

It's Modern Combat, not Bad Company 2.

My bad.

I was worried a game I had just bought and started to enjoy was already going to lose online.

#109 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 08:57 AM

If anyone wants to grab Army of Two before it goes offline, the 360 version is only $4.99 at GameStop as the preowned deal of the week.

#110 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:05 PM

Got NCAA 10 & Army of Two done (thanks to having 2 xboxes). Now I'm trudging along in BF2. Got every online except play 200 & 500 games respectively. I got 100 done doing it kind of half assed over 2 days. So I should get this soon and I will be done with mindless boosting and can get back to playing stuff :D

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Red Dead, Ghosts :xb1: Watch Dogs

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead S2

#111 2DMention

2DMention

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:45 PM

As usual, a flurry of EA games. Is Rock Band next?
Posted Image

#112 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 12:39 AM

Back in town and ready to tackle some of these online achievements. Anyone looking to boost Army of Two, BF2:MC, Madden 10, and Skate.

FYI, it seems there may be four achievements which require online for NCAA 10. Some people think three achievements where you get to level 10 in 3 different categories (sportsmanship, strategy and something) requires logging in to online servers to level up. Obviously I don't know much about those achievements yet but wanted to give a heads up.

As usual, a flurry of EA games. Is Rock Band next?

Hadn't thought of that one, but it will probably be on the next list or two. . .
Posted Image
Now playing:

#113 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2011 - 04:38 PM

Thank god for turbo controllers. Got my 500 played by idling at night while sleeping :D

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Red Dead, Ghosts :xb1: Watch Dogs

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead S2

#114 GLOCKGLOCK

GLOCKGLOCK

Too many games...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2011 - 05:01 PM

Thank god for turbo controllers. Got my 500 played by idling at night while sleeping :D

:lol:, yea, that is definitely the way to do that game.

I updated the Achievement Whore post with some info from Trueachievements.com about the games shutting down including direct links to all the games. Check it out when you get a chance:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=188745

If you really want to do these games I'd really suggest joining the boosting sessions there if you do not have a dedicated group.

Also here are a few notes I put together about the games that are shutting down:

• Army of Two - the billion dollars online will take you around 10 hours of boosting to finish.
  • Battlefield 2 MC - There is a 500 game achievement which can take 100 hours or so due to the 20 minute games
  • NASCAR 09 - the online is quick, but you need 4 people to start a race.
  • NCAA Basketball 10 - 75 games played online is time consuming, but worth alot of points
  • Skate. - The online XP takes a while but is boostable. There are other annoying ones here too like getting 20 reviews on an uploaded video.
  • Tiger 10 - has a viral and some gamernet point achievements plus the win $5 million in online tournaments achievement, which is probably not obtainable at this point with only 10 days left.
I have done all of these games so if you have any questions, please post and I'll help you out with any info/boosting methods I have come across.

Hail to Pitt!

#115 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 05:06 AM

October 20, 2011 Online Service Shutdown
EA SPORTS™ MMA (Live Broadcast Feature only) for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360

this one almost snuck by
Posted Image
Now playing:

#116 GLOCKGLOCK

GLOCKGLOCK

Too many games...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 03:34 PM

October 20, 2011 Online Service Shutdown
EA SPORTS™ MMA (Live Broadcast Feature only) for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360

this one almost snuck by

From what I read people are saying that this will still be achievable but it is EA so I wouldn't risk it since it takes all of 10 minutes to get the achievement.

I posted this in the Achievement thread:

http://www.cheapassg...&postcount=1204

but figured it was worth posting here as well:

I'm guessing FIFA 10, Need for Speed Carbon, Burnout Revenge and Medal of Honor Airborne are shut down next. Probably the January/February timeframe like they did earlier this year. The online in these games is time consuming so if you want to get ahead of the curve and not have to scramble in the weeks leading up to the servers getting shutdown it might be good to start working on them sooner rather than later.

Hail to Pitt!

#117 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:07 AM

New Update:

December 6, 2011 Online Service Shutdown

• FIFA 10 for PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
  • FIFA 10 Ultimate Team for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
  • 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360

#118 GLOCKGLOCK

GLOCKGLOCK

Too many games...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2011 - 05:29 PM

Well I knew FIFA 10 was going to be shut down soon, but I thought it would at least make it to 2012! Guess I was wrong. For anyone who wants to do the Ultimate Team achievements I have around 80,000 coins and a team that will get you 2 of the 3 unity achievements. I will trade them dollar for dollar for FIFA 12 coins.

Also, NBA 2K11 servers are getting shut down possibly as early as November 16th so get on those quickly if you want those achievements. Here is a link to the story on TrueAchievements;

http://www.trueachie...-close-soon.htm

I know we all hate EA for shutting down servers, but 2K is getting really bad. They shut down NBA 2K10 servers after just 14 months and NBA 2K11 won't even make it that long.

Hail to Pitt!

#119 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2011 - 04:50 AM

That's messed up about 2k. I'll have to look at those cheves.

#120 GLOCKGLOCK

GLOCKGLOCK

Too many games...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2011 - 04:32 PM

That's messed up about 2k. I'll have to look at those cheves.

Yea, 2K is pretty sneaky about their servers getting shut down. Usually one of the mods posts something about it on their forums and you have to hope word gets out in time.

The NBA 2K11 achievements aren't that bad, but you need at least 2 or 3 others to get them all, unless you are really good at the "my player" modes of the game. Plus there are still a ton of people playing this game online. You can probably do the online stuff in 3 or 4 hours.

For the other games getting shut down I'd estimate the time to get the online achievements as follows:

FIFA 10 - At least 25 hours as you have to win 100 ranked matches that take about 15 minutes each.
FIFA 10 Ultimate Team DLC - Probably 25 more hours here as you have to amass enough coins to open 500 card packs.
FIFA 2010 World Cup - I'd say 5-10 hours. You do need a bunch of gold accounts since you need to win the online world cup 3 times with teams of different levels.

Hail to Pitt!