Apple's iPad. A POS with no browser Flash nor Multitasking! Plus more crappy AT&T!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
$600 max.
Somehow simultaneously capable of being a competent E-Book Reader, iPod, and netbook. Being able to play HD video would be really nice. Hopefully the OS will be more flexible than the iPhone.

I predict whatever it is the Apple Cult will drool over it and post all over the internet about how it's the greatest thing ever despite not getting any hands-on-time with it at all.

I predict that the Apple Haters will post online regarding how it's stupid/overpriced/overrated without getting any hands-on-time with it at all.

I also predict countless online wars will erupt with the Cult going head-to-head (again) with the Haters.

First off I am more excited about the possible discussion of iphone OS 4.0. Hope there are some slick features since i do wanna upgrade my 3g phone if its worth while. ATM I just hate my camera and dont really think a 3gs is worth it...so hopefully a nice camera is added since i don't like taking 10fps video on iVideoCamera.

This iSlate has me confused. I am going to get an ebook reader eventually, but why the hell would I want this device to read books on that is backlit. The reason why e-ink was made is to make it easy on your eyes when reading..which backlit screens do not do. So if this device is just an OLED screen I dont see why so much news has it focused against a kindle, yes they both can read books and apple will be selling books in iTunes but I still dont see why anyone would want to read on a backlit device. even with the backlight on low its not ideal anyone with a laptop can verify that. Sadly I never seen an article from these tech sites mention how Apple wants you to read books on a small ass tablet which isn't e-ink. :/

I was hoping for some sort of Macbook/Pro refresh since intel just released the i3/i5/i7 cpus for notebooks. Apple needs to update those soon or their products will be more overpriced then it already is.

[quote name='jlseal']the Apple Sexbots are finally here. Me, I'm buying 3.[/QUOTE]

I'll wait and pick one up refurbished.

[quote name='jlseal']the Apple Sexbots are finally here. [/QUOTE]

Apple makes everything MS does better, including red rings.

apple-ipod-nano-4g-7.jpg

Maybe after a few drinks, guys.

This can either go two ways methinks.

1. It'll be very similar to a kindle, but color, touch screen, and have the usual wifi, etc.

2. It'll be more like an iPhone, requiring a service contract of some sort, and will be at least $999 with that contract.

If they already want to have hardcover books at $12-15, you can bet they are going to put even more of a premium on the device itself.

I'm pretty interested in seeing what this iTablet can do.

I love my kindle for reading novels etc. But I need something better for reading scholarly articles (bigger screen, ability to jot notes and highlight with a stylus), magazines (needs a color screen) etc. And even better if it can be a PDA, run random apps, surf the net (including HD video streaming) etc.

I'm skeptical the iTablet will do all that--given it will probably be a finger touch device so the stylus annotation options will probably be pretty limited if existent at all. But if nothing else it should lead to a flood of other tablet devices from competitors.

it's going to be the iSlate but it's locked down Bigger brother Phone OS with a service contract....

blows

plus it'll be like 400-500 more expensive than anything else.

I think all I want is a decent tablet with no touch if needed, that doesn't run a crippled OS with wifi.

that's it.... doesn't need to be god amongst mere appliances... that's what I keep thinking macs are... appliances. It breaks you get a new one... it's locked down like one and you only get one choice of anything.

The locked down stuff doesn't bother me. I'm not much of tweaker or customizer, I want gadgets that are easy to use and do what I need right out of the box.

I do agree that it will blow if locked into a service contract, I don't need 3G as I'm almost always near a Wifi Hotspot--especially since any tablet I buy would be mainly used at home or my on campus office for reading and marking up academic pdfs etc.

But like I said, I'm not optimistic this will do what I need as it probably won't be stylus driven.

I had high hopes for the Plastic Logic Que as an e-ink option for marking up PDFs, but that ended up looking disappointing as well being designed to scribble with your finger, and being way to expensive for what I'd use it for.

But hopefully if nothing else devices like the iTable and the Que will sell ok and lead to bunch more tablets coming out so something that suits my need and budget will be out in the next couple of years.

If they do release a tablet then I hope they use the legit MAC OS rather than the iphone OS. If the device is real then I think they'll most likely aim for a $799 price tag, maybe cheaper if you sign a contract with a company like Verizon or T-Mobile.

Of course, they could just show some minimal improvements to their current line up and call it a day.

[quote name='DestroVega']as long as they announce iPhone coming to Verizon, I'm happy.[/QUOTE]

I'm really hoping this. I almost went over to AT&T over the summer but there coverage is awful and I decided to wait it out. Hopefully my patience pays off.

Why the hell would you buy this when you could just get a netbook that does more for less money?

Stupid product is stupid.

looks like an oversized archos -(i have an older 5, it's touch and stylus friendly, internet tablet) limited to what it can do though

Not even $500. I expect to see the competition heat up, so I can give a crap and buy a portable computer rather than borrowing the school's or a friend's laptop.
And why haven't touch-screen monitors become more mainstream?!!!

[quote name='detectiveconan16']Not even $500. I expect to see the competition heat up, so I can give a crap and buy a portable computer rather than borrowing the school's or a friend's laptop.
And why haven't touch-screen monitors become more mainstream?!!![/QUOTE]

Because they're fucking stupid in anything above a phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back